[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

About Yangcha: First, he didn't tell Tagon that Saya looks like Eumseom as he obeyed Mubaek's order. So he is close to Tagon and Mubaek. So far, in the past, Yangcha used to follow blindly Tagon's orders but I sense that his relationship with Tagon might change. Tanya could be the reason as she is the only one who can hear his voice. Don't forget that Yangcha is not allowed to speak. Thanks to Tanya's abilities, Yangcha has been given a voice and in my opinion, Yangcha might change and listen to her.

The question is: To whom will the one who survived the attack of NB reveal the incident first? Mubaek or Tagon or a close member of Tagon? 

Oh, yeah, good point. The not allowed to speak might be the main reason for him to side with TY as she's the only person he can have a conversation with. Maybe her kind nature will reach him eventually.

Curious too about who he will tell about what he witnessed, that there's a Neanthal alive and that TY's prophecy came true. I actually found that scene where he fainted right after NB fainted too very funny :D. As I was watching NB rip Mugwang's heart and then was about to approach this guy who survived, I already have a feeling he'll survive because who else will tell :D

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Oh, yeah, good point. The not allowed to speak might be the main reason for him to side with TY as she's the only person he can have a conversation with. Maybe her kind nature will reach him eventually.

Curious too about who he will tell about what he witnessed, that there's a Neanthal alive and that TY's prophecy came true. I actually found that scene where he fainted right after NB fainted too very funny :D. As I was watching NB rip Mugwang's heart and then was about to approach this guy who survived, I already have a feeling he'll survive because who else will tell :D

There are two other reasons why I think that Yangcha will support Tanya in the end.

1. Notice that Tanya told Yangcha how she perceived him, Tagon and the others. She was genuine and showed desdain for them as they were cruel and evil. She clearly showed him her true thoughts and Yangcha could definitely notify this to Tagon. But he didn't. Furthermore, Tanya described Eunseom to Yangcha, how different he was from Tagon and the others... so her admiration for Eunseom could play a part in Yangcha's change of mind.
  2. Furthermore, while Mihol saw the change in the eyes in Tagon, this could have been noticed by Yangcha as well. While in the past Yangcha saw Tagon's longing for love in his eyes and he knew that Tagon was seeking recognition and acceptance, the new gaze in Tagon's eyes could be the trigger for Yangcha to realize that Tagon has crossed the line. Tagon's hesitation in the past could have been the reason why Yangcha admired Tagon. But now he acts like a king, a bloodthirsty and tyranical king.   

I have the impression that Mungtae will have to fight against NB at some point. Mungtae's mindset is: I need to stand by someone who is strong, or even the strongest. That's why he betrayed Eunseom and the others first.  Back then, he saw Eunseom and the other as weak. Yes, he said that he betrayed DS because the latter had abandonned him. But this was just an excuse. Deep down, Mungtae has always stood by someone powerful, in the Wahan tribe he used to support DS.  Now he has joined Tagon, as he knew that Tagon was an igutu. In his opinion, Eunseom can never become so powerful like Tagon, despite being both igutus. Tagon is a trained soldier and has a lot of soldiers behind him. Although he heard that a trained Neanthal could be deadly, he imagines like the others that this is impossible. NB will prove him that his mindset was wrong from the start as you can always find a stronger opponent. You should stick to principles and morals...

• Like 5

@lightbringer06 yes you're right about my pic hehehe.. 

In regards to Gosals which means the Revengeful Spirits, yeah you are right about that she was referring to them all being evil. But i think what i mean is that her being name as the Mother God that can talk to spirits maybe she could heal YangCha's soul and free his spirit from dark evil soul. Then later he will side with Tanya and became loyal to her. In addition to that he got a new voice because of Tanya's ability. HAHAHA my imaginations got wild. And YangCha too also knew that Tagon is an Igutu. Mmmmm i wonder how he end up became Tagon's follower. 

@bebebisous33 yeah i'm curious on that too who will he tell first.. it will definitely be Mubaek since he is his brother. i have a feeling that the guy survive will lived in fear.

And tonight's episode is about the prophecy that will end the world (Arthdal) Mubaek will tell Tanya about this one... I was just wondering is EunSoom knew he was a curse child? Coz i remember Tanya always told that herself that she is. Eunsoom fate under the Ago Tribe will be seen tonight... 

Meet The AGO TRIBE

tumblr_pxv4xobWwz1u2dd0eo1_640.jpg

And after tonight, the worst is there is only 2 more episodes left and I havent grasp the whole story yet. hahaha

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, iamlatika said:

@lightbringer06 yes you're right about my pic hehehe.. 

In regards to Gosals which means the Revengeful Spirits, yeah you are right about that she was referring to them all being evil. But i think what i mean is that her being name as the Mother God that can talk to spirits maybe she could heal YangCha's soul and free his spirit from dark evil soul. Then later he will side with Tanya and became loyal to her. In addition to that he got a new voice because of Tanya's ability. HAHAHA my imaginations got wild. And YangCha too also knew that Tagon is an Igutu. Mmmmm i wonder how he end up became Tagon's follower. 

@bebebisous33 yeah i'm curious on that too who will he tell first.. it will definitely be Mubaek since he is his brother. i have a feeling that the guy survive will lived in fear.

And tonight's episode is about the prophecy that will end the world (Arthdal) Mubaek will tell Tanya about this one... I was just wondering is EunSoom knew he was a curse child? Coz i remember Tanya always told that herself that she is. Eunsoom fate under the Ago Tribe will be seen tonight... 

And after tonight, the worst is there is only 2 more episodes left and I havent grasp the whole story yet. hahaha

Your sentence made me realize something: What if Yangcha witnessed as a child that Tagon was an igutu? But because Tagon didn't want to kill another friend, a younger boy, Tagon proposed the following deal. Tagon asked him to wear this mask so that the secret would be kept safe, by wearing it all this time, Tagon would be sure that Yangcha wouldn't betray him. On the other hand, this made Yangcha realize that Tagon was a person who didn't want to kill in the first place, but was forced to. Don't forget that Tagon was used by his father in the expansion of Arthdal. That would explain his devotion to Tagon and why Yangcha didn't see him as an evil person.

And the massacre (killing the families and the children) will make Yangcha realize that Tagon has changed. 

I have also noticed that the color of Taealha's dresses really fits the actual situation. She was in red, when she killed so many people after surviving the assault. So the red dress announced  the future event. This represents the blood she would have on her hands. And at the end of the episode 13, she is dressed in black. Black is connected to death and in that scene, Tagon is about to execute the ones who dared to question him. But just before he gave the order, he looked into Taealha's eyes, so Tagon sought her approbation. She agreed with him. Indirectly, she is the one who sentenced them to death. We shouldn't forget Taealha's words: she is the one who chooses the king and who makes the king. And she is right but what she is oblivious to is that her action will be the cause of Arthdal's doom. Her father wanted first to find out who was responsible for the demise in Remus but at some point, he forgot it and wanted himself to become king. In the end, Mihol will realize why Remus disappeared... as what in Arthdal is about to happen, happened in Remus too. 

• Like 5

@iamlatika To me, it makes sense why the episode 15 was so focused on Tagon and kind of neglected Eunseom. The episode 15 represents a turning point in Tagon's life. This is the moment where he becomes the monster he never wanted to be and accepts his destiny. Saya said to Tanya that he would hesitate and wouldn't kill so many people as Saya knew deep down Tagon's inner struggles. But he misjudged the impact of Tagon's experience and the influence of Taealha. Taealha has always been a negative influence for Tagon in reality. That's why she asked him if her love for him was not enough... she told many times, he didn't need to seek love and approbation from people. 

Now, I am curious about the Ago tribe. 

• Like 6

With so little episodes left, I will be sooooooo crushed if there is no reunion of Tanya and Euensom. I can’t ship either of them with any other but I do agree that the chances of them ending up together seem slim for all the things they have to do etc. I do feel for Saya having the one sided love though.

I don’t mind the focus on Tagon as I do think the story will eventually give focus to Euensom soon enough. Just that things have to go according to plot order. Besides, Euensom and Ips scenes together - although slow and a bit redundant - is striving towards his power consolidation and I am looking forward to how it plays out. 

Edited by stella77
  • Like 5

On 9/15/2019 at 4:13 PM, bebebisous33 said:

..... On the other hand, this made Yangcha realize that Tagon was a person who didn't want to kill in the first place, but was forced to. Don't forget that Tagon was used by his father in the expansion of Arthdal. That would explain his devotion to Tagon and why Yangcha didn't see him as an evil person.

Agreed with you. This drama story made me recall to the survival games in US and also Who survives at the end of Game of Thrones? One who survives till the end will be the strongest one. Tagon was forced to do so in many occasions which was not his first will. Eg. Asa Ron trapped him. When a person being corner to one end, he will counterattack or retaliate in order to survive, this is human nature, when circumstance does not allow you to think further, and one's ultimate strength will be trigger to the maximum. In those army days, either you counter attack or kill yourself in front of the enemy whom they claim that you are loser if you kill yourself. Most fighters have high pride who don't want to fail in the end, I am sure Tagon has this trait. 

Tagon and Taealha shared the same common goals: to build their kingdom, with greed for power and politics. Their journey to the kingdom is a long and winding road and both went thru the hardship together by annihilating people who against them. This is what we often seen in the history including the China dynasty. There were internal conflicts and rebel team when the coup crisis occurred suddenly. The ending part of EP 15 was a disaster killing, because they know that only by going this cruel path to wipe out other opponents, you will then win the game, but they have forgotten that this is just a temporary act, in the long run, there will be more retaliatory action coming back from other tribes, unless they combined and united all tribes one day.

This drama is fascinating !!! I am more curious to know the story development for Nweantal (the strongest fighters in this drama), unfortunately, the writer did not give them more screen time or give them a good storyline.....

23 hours ago, iamlatika said:

Do you have a picture of this guy without the mask ?:D 

• Like 5

@lebeaucouple Well, Tagon might have been cornered by Asa Ron, however he chose willingly to sacrifice two tribes for his own interests before. He chose this over exile. That's why I don't really pity him because right from the beginning, he wanted to get power. Exile meant to give up his power. Sure, before his father had people killed for his sake and he felt that exile was not an option because so many people had already died because of him. However, he had an option: the exile. If he had left his father, maybe his mother would have asked him to join her. Yet, I sense that Tagon might have resented his mother as he wanted to be accepted by his tribe and always hated his blood. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fan Account said:

Did any body else notice Yangcha’s

blood during ep 15....when his leg got cut while battling in the Great Shrine. Was it just my screen or did it look not totally red...:huh:

i notice that too... for a second i thought he was an Igutu... coz i saw violet blood on his leg. or did the CGI made a mistake..

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

Do you have a picture of this guy without the mask ?:D 

Yang-cha-ki-dohun-insta-cover.jpg

Ki Do Hoon as YangCha

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

This drama is fascinating !!! I am more curious to know the story development for Nweantal (the strongest fighters in this drama), unfortunately, the writer did not give them more screen time or give them a good storyline.....

ikr?... the Neanthals have been one of the most interesting characters ever created and yet they weren't given any justice. They could have at least shown who they really are, except being the strongest creatures, and how they came about. Wonder why the writers didn't explore more of that. Looks like Rottip and Yiseuroobeu are just wandering Neanthals now. We don't even know yet who and where the other kid Neanthal with Rottip is and the drama is nearing its ending. This drama could have just added some more eps instead of just 18. I feel like the writer has this amazing piece in their hand and yet they don't know what to do much about it. This is a great drama, however I still feel it lacks something. I know it can become  even greater had the material/plot/characters been used wisely. Nonetheless, the acting is always on point and every character are doing a great job.

@bebebisous33 ..agree. No matter how he says he never wanted to be this tyrant leader, in the end he still chose to be one. Understandable in the case of Asa Ron because he was cornered and so he retaliated. But when he just killed those innocent people who belongs to the tribe, and having everyone who belongs to those tribes, even children who has nothing to do with the coup, he's no different. He is like this child who seeks attention and wants everyone to like him. This is what makes him and ES so different. While TG is so focused on hiding and denying his Igutu blood for people to like him, ES is unknowingly collecting allies who despite knowing he's an Igutu will still choose to be with him. While he's forcing people to bow before him and fear him, ES is just being himself and showing kindness to anyone which will eventually lead him to having an army of allies. I'm excited how TG's Daekan forces will react if they learn about his 'Igutuness'. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

ikr?... the Neanthals have been one of the most interesting characters ever created and yet they weren't given any justice. They could have at least shown who they really are, except being the strongest creatures, and how they came about. Wonder why the writers didn't explore more of that. Looks like Rottip and Yiseuroobeu are just wandering Neanthals now. We don't even know yet who and where the other kid Neanthal with Rottip is and the drama is nearing its ending. This drama could have just added some more eps instead of just 18. I feel like the writer has this amazing piece in their hand and yet they don't know what to do much about it. This is a great drama, however I still feel it lacks something. I know it can become  even greater had the material/plot/characters been used wisely. Nonetheless, the acting is always on point and every character are doing a great job.

@bebebisous33 ..agree. No matter how he says he never wanted to be this tyrant leader, in the end he still chose to be one. Understandable in the case of Asa Ron because he was cornered and so he retaliated. But when he just killed those innocent people who belongs to the tribe, and having everyone who belongs to those tribes, even children who has nothing to do with the coup, he's no different. He is like this child who seeks attention and wants everyone to like him. This is what makes him and ES so different. While TG is so focused on hiding and denying his Igutu blood for people to like him, ES is unknowingly collecting allies who despite knowing he's an Igutu will still choose to be with him. While he's forcing people to bow before him and fear him, ES is just being himself and showing kindness to anyone which will eventually lead him to having an army of allies. I'm excited how TG's Daekan forces will react if they learn about his 'Igutuness'. 

Yes, he hates himself for being an igutu as he sees it as a curse. I guess, Tagon has been trying to hide his true identity due to his father. Let us not forget that his own father had a secret relationship with a Neanthal. In other words, his own father feared the gaze of others and chose his position over his love. So right from the start, Tagon was raised as a Saram and was told to hide his true identity. The prophecy about him reinforced the father's prejudice.  

This story shows us that environment has a bigger influence on people's personality than nature. Tagon grew up in a hierarchical society, where ambition, power and wealth were privileged over morals. Saya is another example. He is just like his "father", even more ruthless and cruel. On the other hand, Asa Hon chose principals over status hence she remained with the Neanthal. Furthermore she dedicated her whole life to protect her son, the exact opposite of Sanung. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

At this rate, we won’t be getting a TY-ES reunion any time soon. As i am watching the episodes, my mind is just screaming: Are they going to meet yet or not? the answer is nope :joy:

Just like her ancestor Asa Rin, Tanya will go back to the Iark. But will Eunseom follow her? Maybe Saya could be the one (if he survives) who follows her in the end. To me, History is repeating itself.... Aramun Haesalla taught them things: no tribe is superior to others aso but they are expecting his second arrival. Since this is the prelude to the legends, then it means, there are other legends that started after Eunseom's life. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

hiii my dear chingus!! :kiss_wink:

i just finished ep15 and i epic loved the scene where Nunbyeol started hissing, halved the guard, went on a killing spree and ripped the heart off Mugwang alive!! :naughty: omg i sounded like a psycho but definitely this scene is the best so far!! :star: is she, Rottip’s sister?

saya really gave me the creeps.. he’s like, ruthless and seems to be thrilled to see people being tortured.. he was, gloating! :sweat:

oh ya, xabara of momo tribe.. she is really pretty!!! and so cool!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

At this rate, we won’t be getting a TY-ES reunion any time soon. As i am watching the episodes, my mind is just screaming: Are they going to meet yet or not? the answer is nope :joy:

I feel like it's going to be right at the very end that they meet. :X  from the preview, eunseom is going back to doldambul first to rescue all the other slaves. It's a longgg way back to Arthdal. 

ep 16 passed a lot faster than i thought it would...

Spoiler

It looks like Tanya is learning to embrace her power, twisting the words that Taealha ordered to get them what they want yet winning the hearts of people at the same time. I know she doesn't want to do it but if she doesn't, the Wahan people are at risk, and it sort of feels like she ends up sacrificing her heart in order to keep her people happy/safe, since they don't want to return to Iark. Only little Doti has kept her innocence through that ordeal.

I can't tell which way Mubaek is leaning now, since Tanya indirectly caused his brother's death, and he was sort of blindly hoping that the 3 children would change the world, but not knowing in which direction that would go. Looks like Saya has gotten a hint now on the bell, sword and mirror, but I can't believe we are 2 eps from the end and the twins still don't know they have a twin :wacko:

The Ipsaeng-Eunseom combi was sort of entertaining today, when Ipsaeng suddenly threw the ball that EunSeum met Inaishingi in his dream - it reminded me of when Tanya started lying about the horse (who is still nowhere to be seen!!) and then threw the ball to EunSeom to make up the reason :lol:  the Momo tribe were awesome again in saving him - I hope they follow him to Arthdal as well. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lebeaucouple Well, Tagon might have been cornered by Asa Ron, however he chose willingly to sacrifice two tribes for his own interests before. He chose this over exile. That's why I don't really pity him because right from the beginning, he wanted to get power. Exile meant to give up his power. Sure, before his father had people killed for his sake and he felt that exile was not an option because so many people had already died because of him. However, he had an option: the exile. If he had left his father, maybe his mother would have asked him to join her. Yet, I sense that Tagon might have resented his mother as he wanted to be accepted by his tribe and always hated his blood. 

I have different opinion...Tagon is a tragic character, look at his upbringing background since young, his father trained and forced him to become who he is now. A person character growth is very much influenced by the upbringing context and the environment. He became self-inferior since young and hated his purple blood because of his dad's "selfish preaching". He became cruel and pray for power also due to his dad selfishness. 

A person's character and destiny will change in life if you meet a good mentor who inspires and allows you to see the hope inside yourself, but not the negative influence by his father and his accomplices. Unfortunately, he did not meet any good mentor in his journey to creating his kingdom, but only Taealha, his lover and accomplice, who has the same greed in power and politic. He has a strong leadership but use it in a wrong way. “One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination.” —  by John C. Maxwell

I don't hate this character, because i found him as a good representative in any of the rising hero or king in the history and later got defeated by others. In fact I like how the writer made this character developed so vividly and turn him into a strong but greed in power and became monster in killing. The writer had done a good job in making such a controversial role model for Tagon, and a contrast role to ES.  I prefer to see a character role slowly changing rather than a hero role as there are so much room to play around and allow the experience actor to unleash their potential. :)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

I have different opinion...Tagon is a tragic character, look at his upbringing background since young, his father trained and forced him to become who he is now. A person character growth is very much influenced by the upbringing context and the environment. He became self-inferior since young and hated his purple blood because of his dad's "selfish preaching". He became cruel and pray for power also due to his dad selfishness. 

A person's character and destiny will change in life if you meet a good mentor who inspires and allows you to see the hope inside yourself, but not the negative influence by his father and his accomplices. Unfortunately, he did not meet any good mentor in his journey to creating his kingdom, but only Taealha, his lover and accomplice, who has the same greed in power and politic. He has a strong leadership but use it in a wrong way. “One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination.” —  by John C. Maxwell

I don't hate this character, because i found him as a good representative in any of the rising hero or king in the history and later got defeated by others. In fact I like how the writer made this character developed so vividly and turn him into a strong but greed in power and became monster in killing. The writer had done a good job in making such a controversial role model for Tagon, and a contrast role to ES.  I prefer to see a character role slowly changing rather than a hero role as there are so much room to play around and allow the experience actor to unleash their potential. :)

Sorry to say this but it seems that you overlooked this post I wrote myself. See below. However, even if his upbringing was the reason why he sought power in order to free himself from that darkness, he made a choice as an adult. A man should be defined and judged by his actions and decisions but not by his words. Furthermore not every abused person will abuse their own child later... See, Ipsaeng has changed, even if it took him a long time. Tagon never questioned the society and their belief, he always tried to please his father expecting love and recognition from him. He was the one who proposed the plan how to eradicate the Neanthals and how to diminish the power from the Ago tribes. His plans were ruthless and cruel.    

Yes, he hates himself for being an igutu as he sees it as a curse. I guess, Tagon has been trying to hide his true identity due to his father. Let us not forget that his own father had a secret relationship with a Neanthal. In other words, his own father feared the gaze of others and chose his position over his love. So right from the start, Tagon was raised as a Saram and was told to hide his true identity. The prophecy about him reinforced the father's prejudice.  

This story shows us that environment has a bigger influence on people's personality than nature. Tagon grew up in a hierarchical society, where ambition, power and wealth were privileged over morals. Saya is another example. He is just like his "father", even more ruthless and cruel. On the other hand, Asa Hon chose principals over status hence she remained with the Neanthal. Furthermore she dedicated her whole life to protect her son, the exact opposite of Sanung. 

• Like 2