[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

The whole problem is that this show clearly was meant to be a story of 54 episodes and the whole flow would have made sense if it was left and made at this scale,of 54 episodes in one go...The writers clearly had a big picture with complex and rich backstory but with Netflix stupid cut in said "parts" or "seasons" it took a down on the story line and also the idea of making Seasons of a full fledged kdrama and release it based on the response as well or whatever clause they had in their contract but u don't take a script of 54 eps and say "lets film 18 eps and we'll see based on ratings if we continue the story if not let it be as that,who cares"..What we get is an UNFINISHED PRODUCT....I actually lost a big respect for tvN for delivering us an unfinished product,if u respect the viwers u don't do that no matter what(and we know it's all about ratings aka money)...If they didn't want to buy a 54 episodes drama they shouldn't bide for it and let it for others but not butcher the story like this and make a fool of us,the hard work of the writers and the cast for delivering us just a part of the whole picture...Imagine getting a book and finding out it had only 100 pages out of 300...
Netflix and Kdramas are another thing that don't match together and yet nobody from up there doesn't say it otherwise in their meetings it seems...Kdramas are mostly done for ONE season of 16~50 eps let's say and that's how this writers make them yet Netflix always comes up and says,let's cut this drama and say it's part 1 of 2 or Season 1 and 2 when it is just ONE drama usually of 16 episodes(i mean OCN can brag of having actually seasons in their dramas)
Here they gambled on it based on ratings or whatever and filmed beforehand this 18 episodes leaving the show as it is tossing all their eggs that this will be a HUGE success ratings wise and with that continue were they left off aka ep 19~ yet the HUGE ratings they expected didn't come so they left it as that...
They should have taken their time,film the whole 54 eps or the lenght of it in one go and after,let's say cut it into 3 said SEASONS to make Netflix happy but have the whole product from start to finish in their hands...This is pure disprespect to viewers,us fans who liked and wanted to see the full content,writers who got their story untold and downgraded like this and actors who did their best...

Also,they even TOLD US in the synopsis of the grand picture aka Eunseom uniting all the tribes and creating an Empire under his rule and yet they did such a low move,that's what makes me at least more mad,the way it was done and no media points it out as if it's normal...
Imagine having SBS doing the same with Six Flying Dragons and leaving it at ep 18 for ex.
When u take this kind of gamble u consider the good and the bad and decide before,not doing something so low as this...

I seariously doubt the drama will continue,we have just that one post from a insta acc that it's not even verified as actually oficial and one article that mostly speaks how they lost money and in a go about being planned for 3 seasons but seeing how they done it doubt tvN will continue and the story will be tossed and left as that,who cares about the viewers anyways....

• Like 4

I understand that drama fans wants to see shows in one go but please consider the perspective of perhaps an Asian production company and writers wanting to work a la Western production timeline and schedules where they have paced out filming schedules and time spaced out over multiple seasons. With reports of labour abuse and intense work schedules, maybe it is OK for Asian shows to adapt multi seasons like the West here and there. There is no need for the company to film the entire 59 episodes in one go just because that is the way it has always been done or to appease fans. I think the producers, staff and stars can select how they want to do the format of the show. 

It seems everyone is still confused if the season 2 news is real or not? Got side tracked with work and still haven’t watched the last episode yet but will do this weekend.

Edit 2: Hopeful News re season 2: https://m-en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190923008500315

Edit 3: I just watched the last episode last night

Spoiler

and I'm OK with it ending as it did. We all understand that the show producers and writers envisioned a multiple season and at least the ending was not a real cliff hanger. I cried a bit when the little children were freed from their shackles by Tanya (too close to reality). What surprised me most is that Saya figured things out real quick re being Eunseom's twin while Eunseom is totally clueless about this twin. I also mourn the death of Tagon and Taelha's 'love' relationship - their love is the casualty of their quest to attain power (already feeling sad for their poor baby). Lastly, YAY to Nun-byeol owning her real identity and going full Neanthal - I'm looking forward to how things turn out for her too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Can't believe I'm so late to the party and commenting after the whole drama has ended!! 

I loved the drama and can't wait for season 2! So far the best character development/arc has been Tanya's!! From this helpless girl to now the strongest high priestess! Although I do want her to learn some self defence so she's not always in need of saving! Maybe learn from yangcha lol for some weird reason I'm shipping tanya and yangcha need more of their scenes in season2 but endgame has to be eunseomxtanya ofcourse! When will they meet :wub::tears:!!!

I was getting annoyed with how many times eunseom would just get captured and taken prisoner but finally his character got stronger the last couple of eps so deffo looking forward to how he gets more tribes to join him and follow him on his quest to fight against arthdal/tagon and so him and tanya can live happily ever after lol. What I don't understand is the red claw.. if she is a spy for tagon why was she talking about eunseom being an enemy of arthdal and smiling about it? And what is hers and tagons plan? Sorry if it's already been discussed I haven't actually looked back at any pages of this forum. 

So upset for taelha and tagon but I guess that had to happen! Loving all the female characters in the drama they've been great! Even chaeun and nunbyeol waiting for more of them and I'm sure they'll join eunseom to take down tagon. 

All the characters have been great! Saya got more darker as the eps went on especially at the end and I can't wait for his face off with eunseom as well as eunseom meeting tagon and revealing himself! 

Hopefully there is definitive news on season 2 since there is still soo much left to show! It's so exciting I don't get why the ratings weren't higher and I hope that doesn't affect the decision to carry on with the next season.

P.s apologises for the grammar and sentence structures. I just had to write all this and get it off my chest somewhere as none of the people I know watched it so haven't had a chance to discuss this drama with anyone 

• Like 6

On 9/18/2019 at 6:28 AM, Regina Goh said:

base on the article, season 2 is in dec 2019? .......gosh, it’s a long wait for us if indeed June 2020

On 9/18/2019 at 6:28 AM, Regina Goh said:

On 9/22/2019 at 10:22 AM, Miky88 said:

Could u post the link,or post made?

so is it legit that they will do a SEASON 2 in 2020? (if so,please let it be true,with the same cast otherwise it will be just as worse as this open unfinised ending they tossed at us)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Donatog said:

base on the article, season 2 is in dec 2019? .......gosh, it’s a long wait for us if indeed June 2020

I don't think this article is right. They just said that season 4 would be available in two months because "season" 3 was available two months after "season" 2. Well, all fans know that the so-called "seasons" were actually parts of season 1, split into three. Imo, season 2 will be broadcast in June, like the beginning of season 1. Filming may begin next month, we'll surely hear something. Until there, all we can do is wait-_-

btw, I've found some AC fanfictions on AO3. Here goes the link, if someone's interested (unfortunately, none pairing ES&TY)

https://archiveofourown.org/tags/아스달 연대기 | Arthdal Chronicles (TV)/works  

• Like 4

please sign the petition.

http://click.email.ipetitions.com/c/eJxdkEuKwzAQRE8j72z0ixwvtMhM8DVMW59IjCUZScbk9qMMBIZALbpeQ1NdWtpRM006LykmE8H4Qq7kwvlABsJmNt6F-JomRun3FXFsAvht8LupvvoUy6BS6JxUlgoLTGtKAbgx3HJCVz0Ku04a27XbpKt1L4jdEJ2bzvP8uNLg2_8be5tyD7k6DVuvXE7Rq82UvhgobUsRm48alpKOrAxi9798iIoXDEb7I3xABWEH_4hvvFQH8Wd5pqPLUqcINT1aEbz9-gSX0ivaL3S2YS4

question about ratings.

vagabond rating s just 9 percent and showing at MBC which I believe is free channel.

kiling me softly is cable OCN and it’s just 2.4 percent rating.

Why no one is commenting about poor rating?

arthdal is 8 percent and it’s on cable channel too TVN. 8 percent is not bad , but everybody said AC has poor ratings?

• Like 3

The reason why they're saying Arthdal was doing was because the drama before it Hotel Del Luna achieved double digits ratings,  8 % ratings is above average for a TVN drama but you can't just force a next season with a petition. Netflix is one of the companies that sponsor this drama so money wouldn't be a problem if they wanted another season its just that all of the actors here are big names actors and it's hard to scheldue them together again for a drama unless it was already part of the contract. Basically if there is a 2nd season there will be one with which i think there should be but we just gotta wait and see. Even if there is the earliest we could see this would be late next year at least when you consider that they havent started filming yet and all the CGI it takes to load and create.

• Like 1

Hi guys, there is something I can’t figure out. Asa Sakan said the sword, the bell and the mirror together would destroy the world. She advised Mubaek to protect and follow Tagon - the one who killed his father. So why is Mubaek trying to protect Eunseom instead? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spicy Cabbage said:

Hi guys, there is something I can’t figure out. Asa Sakan said the sword, the bell and the mirror together would destroy the world. She advised Mubaek to protect and follow Tagon - the one who killed his father. So why is Mubaek trying to protect Eunseom instead? 

Because Mubaek is a true believer of Aramun Haesulla. Asa Sakan is a member of the White Mountain Clan and they have changed their belief and gods. That's why the walls of the temple/sacred room were changed. They put different gods on the walls...

Asa Sakan and her clan have used their religion to abuse the other clans. The cult of Aramun Haesulla is: no clan stands above the others. He wants to correct the wrongs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Because Mubaek is a true believer of Aramun Haesulla. Asa Sakan is a member of the White Mountain Clan and they have changed their belief and gods. That's why the walls of the temple/sacred room were changed. They put different gods on the walls...

Asa Sakan and her clan have used their religion to abuse the other clans. The cult of Aramun Haesulla is: no clan stands above the others. He wants to correct the wrongs.

Ah I see, thanks a lot!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...