[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

38 minutes ago, RobinM said:

She is is happy pill, show him the joys of simple life and community and he will show her eventually that she can be herself but live in modern world as well. 

True true . If you watch this preview , i think like what you said earlier , she’s comfortable with MD but I think YB will be the one to make her heart flutter .

Oh this scene was so good as well, she teased him about his leopard spot undies , he ended up slipping & she caught him k drama style :joy:

And earlier scene of him hiding in the goat shed 

:lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eunhyesominyoojung said:

Im team somin. I ship her to anyone who can make her heart flutters:wub:.  I love jealousy scenes. Wanna know how or when will out top star shi realize that she likes kangsoona. 

Me too. Before I used to ship her with some celebrities. Now I am just team somin because she is so sooooooo shippable with everybody.

I like how they are calling him Top star shiii

Same as last week the drama is trending on naver.

@triplem thank you so much for the recap :) can’t wait to watch it with subtitle. Hopefully we won’t have to wait longer for the sub. I saw the clip of Kang Soon catching him from falling and I literally spilled my drink because of that. OMG why he is the one who got princess treatment here :lol: princess-style carry by Speedy ajussi and then catched from falling by Kang Soon :D Love to see him changed his attitude slowly. Maybe he felt touched by halmoni and Kang Soon because back in Seoul because he has no one to really care about him. I am curious about his backstory too.

Finally Ma Dol is coming back :lol::lol: jealous Top Star ssi is coming!

20 minutes ago, triplem said:

True true . If you watch this preview , i think like what you said earlier , she’s comfortable with MD but I think YB will be the one to make her heart flutter .

Why is she suddenly wanting to try makeup? Is that for Ma Dol or..? That purple eyeshadow :lol::lol: and arm wrestling competition between YB and MD. I bet that will end up in funny way. 

Why do we need to wait for a week again? I wish this drama was a daily drama. 

1 hour ago, eunhyesominyoojung said:

I love the electric toothbrush scene. He thought she's referring to his muscles. Then she grab the toothbrush. And oh my gosh she used it. Is it indirect kissing too?:wub: yoobaek smiles a lot in this episodr because of kangsoon . Im loving it

Aww that scene was so unexpectedly funny...but my god when she put the toothbrush in her mouth...OCD me was screaming for her to take it out from her mouth.  I guess it is an indirect kiss :D 

GmppyGi.pngSKg8ZU4.png

Managed to make some screen captures...

Like how open and warm the village folks are. They love to tease him , lol. There's a lot of progress for him as well ...

Spoiler

7dTwgQt.pngvx8GVwf.png

And oh this scene. after the dinner and she got him to come back to stay with her...they had that moment ... :D 

Spoiler

0N1dbAf.pngaTz2iP9.png

Spoiler

NKvuX05.png

I like that they got closer in this episode...he's really relaxed here...it's like he found some peace

Spoiler

Zw7Iyeb.pngIQyW3p0.png

Waking up the next morning and staring at her for a moment

Spoiler

2PxThEi.png

Though he made his own scramble eggs ( oh yes Top Star shi can cook ) , he joined them for brekkie

Spoiler

LzWAl2D.png

I really like this scene...this place is beautiful and this is what our top star needs . not those sleeping pills..5eMEe0N.png

@annie1234 This once a week thing is killing me. I wonder too who she's putting the make up for...but my hunch is not MD. I think she's suddenly becoming aware of some other guy apart from her long time oppa.  

@akiera JSM is a chemistry station.  She's also very natural in all her roles. Glad it's trending on naver.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

This drama looks worth to watch... I agree, the one episode per week thing is going to be a torture....!! But I guess I should start watching soon so I can join and not miss out on the fun here in the thread :D wait for meeeeee.....

Pls join us !!! It’s really fun & good acting  . Chinese subs & Indonesian subs are fast . English subs are taking some time due to it being fan subbed . Not sure why the official sites are not picking it up 

Drama continues to do well

Spoiler

rewatching some scenes on IG , I realised how much I love these scenes 

I love the role reversals - he’s the one who gets carried Princess style & it’s his heart that is fluttering first :lol:

I am addicted to him saying “scramble egg” :lol: 

35 minutes ago, triplem said:

Pls join us !!! It’s really fun & good acting  . Chinese subs & Indonesian subs are fast . English subs are taking some time due to it being fan subbed . Not sure why the official sites are not picking it up 

Drama continues to do well

love the role reversals - he’s the one who gets carried Princess style & it’s his heart that is fluttering first :lol:

This drama is a gem. 

I love the role reversals too. I love everything about this drama. I even love the goat and chicken there. :lol:

1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

I am addicted to him saying “scramble egg” :lol: 

This drama is a gem. 

I love the role reversals too. I love everything about this drama. I even love the goat and chicken there. :lol:

Haha . Me too . Given KJS being educated in the UK , he’s got the  accent down to a pat . 

These scenes shows a lot of YB’s improvement in attitude -

He was actually very moved here when he discovered that halmoni took the trouble to look for ramyeon flavouring to put in the soup. She thought it would give him more appetite . He responded by saying he’ll eat with them , I think 

in the first episode he won’t even touch any drinks that are not sealed etc ( an indication of his lack of trust ) , but here he ate whatever she put on his bowl. Even asked for more helpings . I was so pleased to see him eat as if I’m the one cooking, lol! I’m glad we didn’t hv to wait like half way through the show before we got to see him change for the better .

We only have 11 or 12 eps instead of the usual 16 eps format so I guess the plot will be more tighter instead of making the viewers to loose their hair. By ep 3rd itself ML and 2ndML are going to confront each other and the heroine may even realize her feelings so what lies ahead? From the BTS at least it seems like she will go back to the main land. For one thing, I don't want to leave the island, "Top star shi just settle down here, you will like that, won't you?" :huh: While it was fun to watch Top star shi getting trolled by the villagers, it will be painful to watch kang soon being the fish out of the water in the city. 

Just that all in all it seems to be going little fast and I don't want them to drag it drown by the end.

BTW are the eps longer than the normal 16 ep format?

Wait. Is this drama only 12 ep? I thought it will be 16 episodes. 

Is Kang Soon really following Yoo Baek to Seoul? I hope he will protect her there. Seoul will be a very new and strange experience for her. If she will follow him there, I wonder how Ma Dol character can be put into the story there. It’s unlikely for Ma Dol to go to Seoul as well. 

And @triplem OMG i didn’t know that Kim JiSuk studied in England. I just googled him and found out he was majoring in German for Foreign Study. No wonder his english is so so good. Scrambled egg, coffee, salad, and milk. Hahaha. The way he said those things are really not Korean-English way. 

@akiera @annie1234 This particular TvN slot is only 10episodes but 70 mins each . That’s why plot has to be tight & fast . I read k nets have been asking them to move slots & make it twice a week , lol! But personally, I’m okay with less episodes but good quality. Too many k dramas drag with a thin plot. 

Yes KJS did study abroad & if you watch his previous drama 20th century Boy & Girl ( he & female lead’s chemie was hot ! And you’ll fall in love with his character there ), he speaks a lot of English. He and Ha Seok Jin also did a travel show together & he was really fluent . 

16 hours ago, eunhyesominyoojung said:

I love the electric toothbrush scene. He thought she's referring to his muscles. Then she grab the toothbrush. And oh my gosh she used it. Is it indirect kissing too?:wub: yoobaek smiles a lot in this episodr because of kangsoon . Im loving it

Haha she didn't use his toothbrush. He changed the brush for her.

3 hours ago, eunhyesominyoojung said:

@joonminfan lol. Good to know. However for me it' still one of the funniest scenes

@triplem thanks for your recap. Im always excited to seee you posts. Im alo seeing you on other forums. 

Iam anticipating  their kiss/es as both of them are good kissers

Welcome dear . I’m so excited for this drama...let’s pray for deep kiss

k nets really love this ..I agree with all the comments

credit http://kkumnetz.blogspot.com/

Original Article: [star news] 'Top Star Yoo Baek' Kim Jiseok and Jeon Somin Reconcile.. Lee Sangyeob Stay Alert

0002743966_001_20181124003119214.jpg?typ
0002743966_002_20181124003119282.jpg?typ
0002743966_003_20181124003119329.jpg?typ

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-11-24%2Bat%2B2.45.3

1. +785, -9 Why does it air only once a week...
2. +523, -10 An unexpected healing drama
3. +383, -9 Once a week...... Such a pity ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Please air it tomorrow too
4.+364, -5 Daebak drama~~~~~~ Top Star Yoobaek-ie is so fun
5. +146, -2 I was going to watch I Live Alone but then I watched this instead and I don't regret it. I'm going to watch it every week....
6.+91,-2 Twice a week twice a week twice a week twice a week twice a week
7.+84, -1 It's so funny, Kim Jinseok is so cool, is his body even real ㅎㅎ
8.+62, -0 It's not a variety show, it's a drama but I couldn't stop laughing ㅋㅋ
9.+35, -1 Kim Jiseok is sexy~~ It's a healing drama!!

Edit to add : this IG has info on the fan subs in English. The IG has link to the hard subs 

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, akiera said:

I wonder at the 16 people who disliked the drama. I have my guesses but well...:phew:

BTW @triplem where do you got this translated naver comments?

It’s translated by the owner of the blog which i put in my post above . He/she translates top comments from Naver articles Here’s a link to the blog 

I hv to patiently wait for the Indonesian subs. Love these pretty gif edits 

Spoiler

For those who have not managed to watch with subs, I'm just going to add on to @triplem's live recap of Ep 2.

The episode opens with KS listening to 80s music in her secret hideout, which is a rooftop room above her family's minimart. The room is filled with things from the 80s, which I believe belong to her parents. She looks at photos of her family, then her eyes fall on the toy robot / transformer in the corner of the room. She says to it: Guardian Angel, are you living well?

We then see MD in long hair and dressed like (lol) Jack Sparrow on his ship. He looks at the locket with KS's picture inside, when suddenly a man runs in to tell him that pirates have attacked their ship. He fights them off with a hammer, then looks at KS's picture again and kisses it.

We go back to the ending scene of Ep 1 where KS head butts YB to the ground. He gets up, furious, and yells that KS is crazy, using her forehead like an axe. If he hadn't reacted quickly. his forehead would have ended up like his surfboard! KS scolds that he deserves it for wasting good food. YB retorts that she just tried to kill him and begging for forgiveness isn't enough. KS yells that she wants to head butt him again. YB wants to call the police and asks her not to touch the broken surf board as it is evidence. KS laughs that there is no police on her island. YB is undeterred, saying that he will go to Seoul to sue her and asks her to wait. KS yells after him that she will wait for him!

YB walks out of his room at KS's house, luggage all packed. Grandma tells him that there is no boat back to the mainland today and he says that he is someone who is able to turn the impossible into the possible, create something from nothing - meaning he will be able to conjure up a boat no matter what. Grandma apologises to him for using his surf board to dry her fish, and YB tells her not to apologise as he is leaving not because of that, but because of the person who tried to murder him using her forehead as a weapon. KS tells him to leave quickly and throws salt at him as he stalks off with his bags. Grandma wants KS to apologise to YB but she refuses.

YB goes to the village chief's house where DC's parents are speaking to him on the phone. YB rather rudely snatches the phone from them to tell DC to call his CEO and threatens him to quickly send a boat to pick him up, or else he will sue his CEO for unlawful imprisonment. He yells that KS almost split his head in half with her forehead and slams down the phone. DC's parents and MD's mum are shocked. MD's mum comments that KS once used her forehead to catch a wild boar. DC's parents are curious whether a boat will come for YB and YB repeats that he is someone who is able to turn the impossible into the possible and create something from nothing. 

In Seoul, CEO gets stressed waiting for DC to get a boat. Fortunately, DC is able to get one which will arrive at the island within the day to pick up YB. CEO then wants DC to find a safe hideout, but not for YB as DC thought, but for himself to hide so that YB cannot get to him. Lol. CEO says that he is afraid of YB even though he is older than YB. DC then informs CEO that NJ has been driving YB's car around, treating it as his own. CEO calls NJ to confirm but he lies that he has returned the car and is at home reading his script for the drama. CEO tells NJ to work hard and NJ complains about YB to himself.

NJ picks up his drama co-star AR and they agyeo at each other (this part was really cringey). They go off to a hotel for a rendezvous and reporters catch them getting off YB's car. The reporters couldn't tell who the couple was due to masks, caps and sunglasses, but they recognised YB's car.

Meanwhile, YB waits at the pier with his luggage for the boat the CEO promised. It's a long wait, and he is thirsty for coffee, so he drags his luggage to the minimart to buy some, but there isn't anyone around. He gets into an argument with Dong Man (DM), DC's little brother, who refuses to let YB take any drinks, claiming someone brought the drinks from the mainland for him and him only. YB scoffs that he must be the last in class at school since he doesn't know how a minimart works. DM insists that he is number one, and YB asks him how many students are in his school. DM says there's only him , so YB retorts that then it's true he is the last. They go back and forth until DM starts crying, and KS comes rushing in to comfort and defend DM. KS scolds YB for bullying DM and YB tells her to mind her own business and continue on her way. KS says that the minimart belongs to her family, so she has every right to be in here. YB then says that no wonder every thing in the minimart is so old-fashioned, and storms out. KS tells DM not to be like YB in the future.

DC is putting makeup on CEO, trying to make him look pale and sickly so that YB would not be too harsh on him. NJ rushes in to tell CEO that he has gotten into trouble. CEO tells NJ to take care of his own richard simmons, and NJ replies that it seems like his richard simmons has become YB's richard simmons. NJ then shows him reports about "YB" going to a hotel rendezvous with an unidentified female, and CEO yells at him for using YB's car and letting reporters think that it was YB going for the rendezvous. Afraid of the consequences, CEO instructs DC to tell the boat to make a u-turn and not to pick up YB.

YB is left waiting at the pier, and an announcement over the PA system informs YB that the boat is not coming, and for YB to return to KS's house. YB has no choice but to drag his luggage to KS's house, but then runs to hide in the goat shed when he hears KS returning home. He startles the goat, which keeps bleating, and to stop KS from seeing him, he hides under the hay. After KS leaves to fetch something for Grandma, he runs out with his luggage, leaving a trail of hay behind him. KS spots the trail of hay leading from the goat shed to the front gate of her house, and realises that YB must have returned briefly. She scoffs that he must have no place to go to, and wants to see how long he can last.

YB is back on the phone with CEO, and whatever he suggests is shot down by MD's dad. CEO tells him to just stay for 2 weeks, and YB has no choice but to relent. He asks to rent MD's room for the time being, but MD's mum refuses, saying that the room of someone who has gone away for a trip must be kept empty, if not, the person will not be able to return. MD's dad scolds her for being superstitious, but she refuses to back down. MD's dad then invites the islanders to gather at his house for a meal, and to also discuss where to let YB stay.

YB sits among the islanders while MD and DC's mums cook dinner. The islanders are enjoying the food, but YB sits aloof and away from them. YB is impatient and wants his housing issue to be resolved quickly, but MD's dad convinces him to wait a while; this meeting can also be a welcome party for him.

Doctor arrives, and she is ushered to YB's table, when she suddenly points to something on YB's left and starts exclaiming. Everyone is shocked, and Doctor suddenly stops shouting and says she's just saying she wants to sit here. She then starts laughing at her own prank and all the islanders start laughing with her, except YB who looks annoyed. Doctor then spots the school Teacher at another table, and stares at him. He looks at her for a while, before quickly ducking his head to continue eating. Doctor looks disappointed. 

DC's father brings out alcohol he made himself and offers some to YB, but YB declines, saying that he  has a highly suspicious nature. DC's dad claims that he managed to give birth to DM when he was 50, all because of that wine. He jokes to his wife that they should try having a third child that night after drinking some of the wine, and YB walks away to the toilet, annoyed with their joking.

When he comes out of the toilet, he comes across one of the grandmothers whom he came across carrying the two basins on his first day on the island. She seems to have a really bad memory and asked YB whether he is MD or DC. YB says he is neither. She then remembers him as "Top Star" and goes to use the toilet after slapping YB on his butt.

Grandma drags KS to MD's house for the gathering, cajoling KS to apologise to YB and bring him home. KS is reluctant, but she is a good granddaughter and follows Grandma. YB is still standing outside the toilet when they walk past him, and Grandma has to drag and push both KS and YB to MD's house. YB is asked to eat, but he declines. Grandma is worried as he hasn't eaten anything since the first day, and the other grandmothers are surprised because KS's Grandma cooks very well. 

Then there was this funny part concerning the two grandmas whom YB met on the first day, both carrying basins on their heads. The older grandma comments on how YB reminds her of her late husband - equally good-looking. The younger grandma says that not only is YB good-looking like her late husband, he also has a very nice and firm butt. :D Older Grandma says that no, her late husband's butt was soft and saggy like a cow's stomach. Younger Grandma disagrees, saying that although she forgets lots of things, she will not forget the late husband's butt. Older Grandma hits her, saying that she remembers more clearly because she was with him longer. Younger Grandma hits her back, saying that she remembers more clearly because she saw him more often. Omo, they had the same husband! It seemed like their husband took on a second wife because his first wife couldn't give birth, but it ended up both wives couldn't have children. They start insulting each other and YB is amazed at the real life makjang taking place in front of him.

Finally, MD's dad stands up to ask the islanders who is able to give YB a room for two weeks. No one responds, and KS's Grandma keeps poking her, until KS finally stands up and volunteers really loudly and reluctantly. She then goes over to drag YB's luggage to her house, and YB follows her out to the main road. He stops her, and and asks her what she's doing. KS is annoyed, saying that he should give in while she's giving him face. YB wants her to apologise, and KS keeps peppering her speech with "something" (koshiki) but the word "sorry" never once came up. As KS walks past him, he grabs her arm and pulls her really close, demanding a direct apology. They stand there looking into each others' eyes for a moment :wub: and finally KS stammers out an apology. I think she was quite affected by how close he was to her. YB readily accepts her apology with a smug smile and they walk back to her house.

Back at KS's house, KS brings a kettle of drinking water to YB's room but he's not there. She wonders whether he is washing up, when he suddenly appears behind her and startles her. He asks why she was peeping at him again, and she retorts that she was just bringing water to him. 

Next scene: YB brushing his teeth with his electric toothbrush while KS looks on with amazement. He thought that she was staring at his arms and when she asks to touch, he offers his arm to her. But she reaches for his toothbrush and asks him whether it brushes automatically, saying that she has never seen one before. He offers to change the brush for her and let her try it out. KS looks so happy trying out the electric toothbrush and YB can't help but be amused at how cute she is. :wub:

Back in Seoul, a masked man breaks into YB's car and searches for evidence. He is unable to find anything except for the cake box (which we saw in Ep 1 on the day of the awards show) in the backseat, which contains a cake that has gone bad. He grabs the cake box and runs off with it when he sees DC approaching. Hmm, the cake box again. I wonder what is its significance. Could it have been sent to YB before the awards show, and the sight of it caused him to remember some unpleasant memories and therefore punch the wall out of frustration and anger? Just my speculation at this point.

Back on the island, YB is unable to fall asleep and takes some sleeping pills. He goes out for a walk and gets to KS's family minimart, where he sees the light on in KS's secret hideout. KS is inside listening to music and reading, and is startled by YB's appearance. When he asked her what the place is, she tells him that it's her secret hideout and asks who gave him permission to enter. YB scoffs that with his reputation and fame in Seoul, his name and face will guarantee him access to any place, except for the female bathroom. He comments on how old the things in the room are, and upon spotting the guitar on the floor, asks KS is she knows how to play. She replies no, and asks him if he does. He does, but says that he better not play in case she falls for him. She scoffs that he is seriously ill in the head. She starts talking about her ideal type, and he interrupts to ask if it's the singer on the poster in the room. She says yes, and he laughs at her for being old fashioned. She says that the singer was her mum's favourite, and her taste in men takes after her mum's. He asks if she never listens to more recent music, and she says that all she has are her parents' old casette tapes. YB asks her if her parents are on the mainland, and she replies that they went on a fishing trip when she was 2 and never came back. YB looks sorry for asking her, and she asks him not to feel sorry for her, as she is ok as long as she has her beloved Grandma with her. YB sees a tape of a song he likes and asks her to play it. She does so, and the both of them sit quietly to listen. YB looks at the photos in the room, and sees one of KS's parents, with KS's photo obviously cut out from somewhere else and pasted on it. He looks rather pensive for a moment and stares at her. When she looks at him, he pretends to be looking elsewhere, and then asked her about her toy robot. She says that it's her Guardian Angel, and YB laughingly points at her forehead, saying that that's her Guardian Angel. He's teasing her! :wub: She pushes his hand away, and he laughs rather happily. He stares at her again and they both sit companionably, listening to music. He seems much more relaxed and at ease than before.

The next morning, YB and KS have fallen asleep in her secret hideout. YB wakes first with a start, wondering what happened. He realised that he must have fallen asleep unknowingly, then looks at KS sleeping. The camera pans down KS's face to her chest, then KS suddenly wakes up and turns, slapping YB's head with her arm. He cries out in pain and accuses her of hitting him on purpose. She asked him why she would do that, unless he has done something to her that deserved a beating. YB asks her why she is sleeping beside him, and why she didn't wake him up when he fell asleep. KS says that she fell asleep rather quickly, and that they should get going before Grandma wakes up. YB is amazed that she could fall asleep with such a sexy man beside her, and she says that he really is seriously ill. YB tells her that he is someone who is able to let her meet the singer she likes, and KS is excited.

At KS's house, YB cooks himself some scrambled eggs. KS's Grandma offers to do it for him, but YB declines politely. YB sits down for breakfast with KS and Grandma, and while they have rice and fish, he only eats egg, fresh tomatoes and a protein shake. Grandma is worried about him, and YB says how when he was filming the movie Ninja Again, he once achieved 0% body fat, and so he wants to use this chance to achieve that again. Grandma has no idea what he's saying, and KS tells her not to worry, as YB will never eat anything that is unhealthy, and that he will live to a 100. YB asks Grandma where he can go swimming, and whatever she says has him confused. KS informs him that his surf board has been taped back, and he asks if it can still float, causing her to choke on her food. YB walks out in his wet suit, and comes across several ahjummas on the way to fish. They tease him about how his outfit looks like theirs, and whether he also needs the fishing nets like them. When YB gets to the sea, its too calm for surfing. So he just floats on his board in the water, looking really relaxed and comfortable.

YB is trying to sleep but KS is making too much noise outside his window, as she loudly prepares supper and describes how fresh and delicious the ingredients are. YB is obviously hungry, but he controls himself when KS offers him the noodles she made, and reprimands her for making too much noise and disturbing her guest. KS and Grandma are disappointed that she didn't manage to entice him to eat, and Grandma looks worried again. 

The next morning in the school/clinic, DM is the only student in class with the Teacher. Teacher is singing while playing on the piano, and from the clinic, Doctor can hear him. She secretly sits by the classroom window to listen to him and comments on how nice he sounds, and when the lesson ends, she wheels her chair hurriedly back to her clinic, losing a shoe in the process. While she reads at her table, Teacher brings DM in to treat his finger with a paper cut on it. WHen DM yells out in pain, Doctor says pointedly (indirectly to Teacher) that one day the wound will get better. After DM leaves, Teacher kneels down to put her shoe back on her foot, and tells her that there are some wounds which will never get better. He then leaves, and Doctor starts to tear up and calls him a coward.

Back at KS's house, Grandma sees that YB is unwell and asks if he is ok. He replies that he is, then promptly faints and falls over. Doctor is asked to treat him, and tells KS and Grandma that YB isn't eating or sleeping well. They are surprised that he isn't sleeping well, and Doctor shows them YB's sleeping pills. Doctor says that YB probably suffers from very severe insomnia. She puts him on a drip, and KS and Grandma look at YB in concern. After sending Doctor off, KS goes out to catch some fresh seafood for YB. 

YB's dream: Young YB dropping a bottle on the floor and fainting at his fan meeting, him at the hospital on a drip looking at some people gathered outside his room (maybe reporters) and dropping a plastic cup, him pulling off his drip and throwing food on the floor. YB wakes up in cold sweat and short of breath. He rips off his drip again and rushes out of the house for some fresh air. I think being in the entertainment industry and having reporters after him constantly has given him so much stress that he has sleeping disorders.

YB gets to the beach, where he stares out at the sea at the female divers and starts crying. KS spots him standing there, and removes her goggles and waves to him, smiling happily. When he sees her waving, he quickly wipes his tears away and runs off. When he reached KS's house, he sees MD's dad passing something to KS's Grandma, instructing her to just place a little bit (in the food). KS comes running and tries to pull YB away, but he is now suspicious and runs back to the house. He sees Grandma starting to add something to a pot of food and stops her, asking what she is doing. Grandma is shocked, but admits that it's ramyeon powder. Grandma says that they had no choice because he refused to eat their food and subsequently fainted. She said that she has never used seasoning in her cooking before, and thought that YB refused to eat her food because it wasn't to his liking. YB then replied to just cook whatever, and Grandma is surprised. YB clarifies that he is willing to eat, and KS and Grandma are so happy. You can see that YB is really very touched by Grandma's concern for him.  

At the dinner table, YB sits down with them and starts to eat some rice. Grandma is happy and comments on how good YB looks when he eats deliciously. YB says that he always looks good, making KS and Grandma laugh. KS puts a clam in his rice bowl and he hesitates. She asks if he doesn't like clams, and he says no, he likes it, and eats it. KS smiles at him, then at Grandma. YB even asks if he can have a chicken drumstick, and Grandma says yes of course! He even asks for some seafood soup. 

After dinner, KS prepares a hot water bath for YB and puts some medicinal herbs in the water. YB comments on how troublesome it is, and asks KS if she ever thought of leaving the island. KS says no, she will never leave her Grandma. While YB examines the herbs, KS spots his tiger print undies and starts to tease him, saying that it's her first time seeing such underwear. YB tries to get it back, admonishing her for touching a man's undies, but she holds it out of the way. He accidentally slips and KS catches hold of him. They stare at each other for a while, and KS says: I saved you. YB jumps out of her arms, embarrassed, and KS walks out with a smirk. She looks back at him, as if trying to imagine him in tiger print undies, and YB is flabbergasted. As he sits in the bathtub, he laments how he has nothing to say. But he suddenly thought of the afternoon when he saw KS smiling and waving at him in the sea. Curiously, back in YB's house, the sand in an hourglass that sat in YB's bathroom suddenly moving upwards into the upper chamber.

The next morning, YB sits in his room, refreshed after a good night's sleep. He looks out the open window at the sea and takes a deep breath of the fresh air. He then opens the other panel of windows which looks out into the yard and sees KS hanging out the laundry. There is a definite change in his gaze as he stares at her with a smile on his face. After having done her chores, KS walks out of YB's sight, and he peers out trying to see where she has gone. Suddenly, she appears in the window and asks him to quickly wash up and have breakfast, all the while smiling at YB. YB gazes at her a while more, then nods with a bigger smile on his face.

Over the PA system. MD's dad announces MD's arrival home. KS runs out of the house in excitement, and YB wonders what the fuss is about. Even Grandma looks excited at the news. A boat approaches, carrying MD in his uniform. Once he lands, KS runs to him and they hug each other. They even salute each other, and MD is almost crying to see KS. YB stands some distance away, looking at them with wonder.

Preview:

MD: How have you been, my wife?

MD's dad (I think): I think you have earned enough money. Isn't it time to get married and give me a grandchild? Then the girl you like is..

MD: Kang Soon, you said that you will marry me when you grow up. Now you should keep your promise.

YB: Who is that guy?

MD: The welcome party is a bit boring. Let's have something between the men. 

YB: Something?

KS: I'm worried. Mr Top Star is always trying to show how good/strong he is, like a little child.

Woman voice (I think Doctor): Why are you suddenly putting on makeup? Who is it for? 

KS: Huh? What?

YB: Are you looking for someone?

MD: Hey, it seems like I'm stronger than you. By the way, I've never lost before.

YB: You think you know a person really well, but people will show a different side in front of different people.

MD: What's wrong with you? You said you would marry me. Have you changed your mind?

KS: Look at you, making jokes again.

MD: What if I'm not joking?

YB: Are you crazy? Don't you want to live?

KS: Why are you losing your temper again?

YB: Because of you, I'm.. 

KS: I know you are worried about me.

YB: Let's bump foreheads again, Oh Kang Soon.

OMG OMG OMG! I can't wait for Episode 3!!!

Thanks @joonminfan. You are such an angel:) Now i understood some of the scenes that are not clear to me yet.  I will watch it again with your recap.

Thanks for translating the episode 3 preview. It's gettimg better and better. But oh my i have to wait until friday.

@akiera lol. I think we have the same guess for those dislikers

Archived