[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

11 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Hi everyone. 

I really want to watch this drama but they don"t have English subtitle yet.

Is this drama only airing once a week?

Yes only once a week. 

Edit to add : I read on IG some k nets commented why only once a week ! Lol! 

Okay from what I gather ,  this writer is trying to get On Demand Korea to show this . ( edit it is on ODK’s site ..not sure if it’s subbed as i have regional restrictions & can’t see it ) So those in the USA may be able to watch this . If someone subs this then there’s hope for subs to float somewhere 

——-

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/kdrama/top-star-u-back-debut-tvn-brings-back-korean-province-romance-angle-in-new-k-drama-popular-among-domestic-viewers/

With all of the success tvN is experiencing now, there is no need for the Korean cable/pay network to release any more K-dramas until the 2018 to 2019 swing season starts. However, it seems they want to start early. Ergo, they’ve debuted Top Star U-Back in their Friday time slot and it was a hit domestically. It is also a K-drama that marks a return to “Korean province romances,” an angle that has been underutilized over the past year or so.

What is Top Star U-Back all about?

As mentioned earlier, Top Star U-Back is a return to the “Korean province romance” angle. What that means is that one of the main characters, usually living in Seoul, is forced to move to a “back country” province for one reason or another. There they truly “learn about life and themselves” all while falling in love. Warm and Cozy (also known as Jeju Island Gatsby) is an excellent example of such.

Starring Kim Ji-suk and Jun So-min, Yoo Baek (Ji Suk) is a former idol star who has become a household name as an actor. Though popular, he is vain and an unapologetic narcissist. When he gets into big trouble, he is exiled to a remote island as a form of damage control. In for the culture shock of his life, far from civilization, the impossible happens: he falls in love with Oh Kang-soon, a local island girl.

The “Korean Province Romance” angle is still as popular as ever

The “Korean Province Romance” angle hasn’t been used in what seems like forever, but it is still just as popular. The numbers don’t like as the premier episode recorded high viewership numbers. According to AGB Nielsen Korea, the nationwide viewership rating was 2.829 percent while Seoul recorded 3.372 percent. Take note this K-drama airs on Friday which is usually a “dead day.”

As for international fans (at least those living in the Americas), there is only one streaming service confirmed to air Top Star U-Back and that is OnDemandKorea (ODK). With tvN’s other K-dramas for this season being major successes, ODK may have its diamond in the rough if this K-drama is subtitled on time. It just made its debut so it shouldn’t be hard for them.

Top Star U-Back airs on Fridays at 11 p.m. KST on tvN. As mentioned above, it is only at ODK, a streaming site which has been heavily advertised for adding more subtitles to their shows, especially all the JTBC K-dramas that were originally airing on DramaFever before its shutdown.

———

it’s crazy how the drama is still trending 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s thank KJS’s stylist for this BTS fan service :joy:

According to this IG, KJS decided to give sneakers to the crew because there’s not much transport in the island &  they have to walk a lot carrying equipment etc.  It’s his way of appreciating their hard work 

BTS stills posted by TvN . I applaud JSM for being so brave - the way she handled all the live animals -goat , chicken, octopus- all well and alive is not something I can do :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Actually this was one of my favourite scenes when the doc pulled his leg figuratively & literally. Looking forward to his interactions with the village folk . It will be hilarious and they will put him in his place . Also some love line going on there between doc & the guy in Blue who brought in the goat . I read somewhere as well that why Yoo Baek won’t be able to leave the island is because boats come only every 2 weeks . Lol! 

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

I imagine at some point she is going to have to go to the city and be the fish out of water, no pun intended,  and he is going to enjoy taking his revenge ;)

ahaahahaa...I am looking forward to that. I should think she may be curious about the big city at one point in her life.

I read this may only be 10 episodes like it's predecessor, so not sure how much the drama can cover.

----------------------------

Honestly I am entering a drama slump with the end of Terius BM which I loved . Got burned by another recently ended drama. The others I am watching are alright  but I don't feel invested as much.  This is the only drama I am really hyped about . So I am just happy that the drama and our leads  are receiving so much love :

Comments  translated by: http://kkumnetz.blogspot.com/2018/11/request-drama-top-star-yoo-baek-ep-1.html

Original Article: [10asia] 'Top Star Yoo-Baek' Kim Jiseok, A One Man Show Starting From The First Episode... 70 Minutes Screentime

0000357841_001_20181117112621434.jpg?typ

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-11-18%2Bat%2B3.44.0

1. +281, -6 It's fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. +99, -2 I really like Kim Jiseok Personally, I need some romance so I really liked it ㅜㅜ
3. +74, -6 His acting is really good
4. +16, -1 It's so fun. Kim Jisuk hwaiting!
5. +15, -2 You're saying that this healing drama only plays on Fridays.. T_T Yoo BaekKang Sun

Original Article: [sports world] 'Top Star Yoo Baek' First Broadcast Funny - Refreshing --- Looking Forward To Kim Jisuk X Jeon Somin 

0000496157_001_20181117135054568.jpg?typ

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-11-18%2Bat%2B3.54.3

1. +321, -11 The island is pretty.. Yoo Baek-ie's acting is good......
2. +175, -8 Kim Jisuk is so fun and Jeon Somin looks like she's from there
3. +149, -8 So so fun!!!!!!!! As expected from Jeon Somin, jjang!!!
4.+98, -1 It's fun. Why is the island is so pretty, it was really healing for me. 
5.+25, -2 Kim Jisuk acting is just... And Jeon Somin just feels like she's actually from there...

Original Article: [osen] 'Top Star Yoo Baek' Kim Jisuk X Talkative Jung Somin, Living Together In The Paradise Island Starts Now

0003906207_001_20181117001323470.jpg?typ
0003906207_002_20181117001323491.jpg?typ

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-11-18%2Bat%2B4.04.1

1. +777, -37 I was scared that Jeon Somin's visuals dropped, but she's still pretty..
2. +642, -28 Jeon Somin's satoori and acting are good and the character is charming ㅎ Kim Jisuk made it seem like he's met the character before ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. +419, -12 It's really fun but it's such a pity that it only plays once a week.... It's the drama version of 3 Meals A Day or Little Forest
4.+186, -13 It's really fun
5. +110, -0 I really like this kind of drama
6. +84, -4 A daebak drama ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. +78, -13 Honestly Jeon Somin is so cute and pretty
8. +61, -1 It's really fun but seriously why is it played only once a week
9.+45, -2 First episode and it's already funnyㅋ

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Honestly I am entering a drama slump with the end of Terius BM which I loved . Got burned by another recently ended drama. The others I am watching are alright  but I don't feel invested as much.  This is the only drama I am really hyped about . So I am just happy that the drama and our leads  are receiving so much love

Me too, I've been watching Jmovies and SP's, saving Terius's last eps since I don't want to say goodbye.:P This the only drama that I want to watch too. I hope we get subs soon...desperate1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I just found the Viki fanpage, there were 0 followers. Please follow it and request Viki get this one.  

https://www.viki.com/tv/36237c-top-star-yoo-baek

9 hours ago, triplem said:

Honestly I am entering a drama slump with the end of Terius BM which I loved . Got burned by another recently ended drama.

Let me guess which one. Hmmm. :D

I watched Ep.1 and liked it. Very cute. (I requested it on Viki, too!)

Quick explanation of plot:

When Yoo Baek got the award, he was extremely arrogant and said that he gets so many of these awards so they are meaningless to him, and that next time, they might as well just ship it to him so he doesn't have to bother to show up.

People were upset at him, and when news reporters gave him a chance to apologize, he said no, why should I? And then public uproar.

His management company is sick of dealing with him, so they shipped him off to this rural island with no TV or internet and the boat only comes by once every two weeks. So he is stuck there.

While he is gone, his rival (Heo Jung Min) took over his role in a sageuk drama and drives around his fancy car.

I can't understand the heavy Jeollado accent of the islanders, but the gist is that he's not used to the very old-fashioned and rustic lifestyle.

Things are very rustic. They have no running water so they have to pump it from a nearby well. No telephone except at the village office. They communicate by just hollering. He has to take a bath in the kitchen in a giant basin. People keep walking in. Fermented bean paste hanging from the ceiling in his bedroom.

But he will learn to appreciate the simple way of life. Because of course. And the view is nice.

A running joke is that "geo-si-gi" is a slang for penis, but it sounds a lot like "geu-si-gi" in Jeollado accent, which is apparently a random word for "that" and is used constantly in every sentence.

Yoo Baek twists his ankle and goes to the village doctor who speaks without the rural accent and kind of seems normal, but is in fact a weirdo.

6 hours ago, evie7 said:

Me too, I've been watching Jmovies and SP's, saving Terius's last eps since I don't want to say goodbye.:P This the only drama that I want to watch too. I hope we get subs soon...desperate1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I just found the Viki fanpage, there were 0 followers. Please follow it and request Viki get this one.  

https://www.viki.com/tv/36237c-top-star-yoo-baek

Hi evie dear!  Good to see you . I hv submitted a few times. ( @joonminfan I think you can do the same ) The viki count is not correct as I have followed it . 

Sigh I have been watching some variety programmes too because I just can’t get into my other dramas. 

I read On Demand Korea has it but no subs ...cries ....

lolllol @chickfactor yes that drama , sigh . What can I say.  I’m so happy to see you here. Thanks for the summary . I watched it live & it was very entertaining. 

Thanks @joonminfan . Hope you’ll be a able to recap . Too bad my mandarin is terrible & I’m too slow at reading Chinese subs :sweatingbullets:

this is is a slightly extended preview . Lol, he hid among the goats or did he get lost ? 

Happy to read how buzz worthy the drama & KJS  have quickly become despite just airing one episode on a difficult time slot. So it’s killing me that we ain’t getting subs. 

Still upward trend on naver after 4th day 

Spoiler

At least we got some fan cam BTS of KJS working hard there :rolleyes:

Edit to add: if you can read Chinese subs , iQiyi is subbing this 

Spoiler

No English subs until now.. I also after Terius really want to watch this one. I like Kim Ji Suk in his last drama 20th century.. but why it’s only 1 episode and worst, no subs! I thought it was like Hwayugi that was subbed 1 week after in Netflix... 

I don't know how much more I can add to @triplem's recap, and there will definitely be certain things lost in this two-time translation (Korean --> Chinese --> English), but here goes.

The episode opens with a red sports car speeding through the streets of Seoul, weaving in between traffic. The camera then focuses on the driver (Yoo Baek / YB) and the watch on his left wrist, and something that looks like a cake box (?) in the back seat. (PPL maybe?) We then see that his right knuckles are wounded with blood on them. There is also blood on the right sleeve of his white shirt. The phone beside him keeps ringing but he does not pick up. Then YB comes across a road block where the police are checking for drunk drivers, and he decides to just drive past them. Of course they go after him, with 3 police cars trying but failing to catch up to YB.

We then see that there is a drama awards show taking place, and the CEO (?) of YB's agency goes into his dressing room, exclaiming that the Best Male Actor Award that YB is nominated for is about to be presented, and wondering where he is since he left the salon two hours ago. YB's assistant / driver asked if the winner would be revealed before the award is presented, and CEO Seo says no. YB's assistant then says that YB may not get the award, and CEO Seo scolds him, saying that YB has always won. The dressing room door opens and CEO Seo turns around, expecting YB, but it's Nam Jo (NJ) from the same agency. I think YB and NJ were once in the same idol group, but YB has gone on to find more success and fame than NJ. NJ wants to use this chance to receive the award on YB's behalf, and maybe appear in the headlines in the next day's news. CEO Seo tells him to shut up and mocks him for dressing up to hog the spotlight when he has never received any awards. NJ thinks that it's a chance to leave a good impression on the directors who will be at the celebration party after the awards show. He wants to get an award at next year's award show. CEO Seo mocks his ambitious nature, saying that he should be more successful than YB, but his face does not allow him to have the fame. YB's assistant / driver is unable to get YB on the phone, and NJ is really smug, thinking that he may get a chance to go on stage after all.

The next scene shows people clearing up the red carpet area outside of the awards ceremony venue, when YB's sports car screeches to a stop, surprising them. The man himself steps out, without the long-sleeved white shirt he was wearing before, in only his suit jacket and hair all slick. He throws his white shirt at a man, telling him to discard it, then struts towards the venue entrance. The police cars arrive then, and a policeman stops him, wanting to charge him for failing to stop for the alcohol breathalyser test. YB tells them to wait for him outside for 5 minutes, saying that he needs to go and receive an award. The policeman is flabbergasted, and YB says: On such a star-studded evening, how can the brightest star of all be absent? I'm Top Star, Yoo Baek. :D

The next scene shows YB and CEO Seo at the police station. The officer in charge asked YB if he is used to taking off his clothes when he's drunk, and YB says no, he took it off because there was a stain on it. The officer then offers an iced coffee to YB, but YB declines, saying that he cannot trust. CEO Seo explains that YB only drinks beverages that are completely sealed, in case some stuff has been added to it. The officer is incredulous, saying that he's the police, and CEO Seo says that YB is always highly suspicious of everyone. He starts to mention an incident about YB, but is stopped by YB's hiss of displeasure. 

Officer: YB-ssi, you have been drunk driving, haven't you?

YB: No I haven't.

Officer: Then why did you refuse to take the breathalyser test? It's a simple test, so why did you have to make it such that we have to do a blood test?

YB: My million-dollar car and expensive sound system will occasionally break down, so are you saying that your breathalyser will not?

Officer: Erm.. maybe sometimes..

YB: Good, Then my blood test should be the most accurate. Next question.

Officer: Then, if you didn't drink, why did you refuse to be tested?

YB: Because I was late in going to receive my award.

Officer: Are you joking with me right now? Because of an award, you ran away from the police and caused such a ruckus. Does this make sense?

YB: Of course it makes sense. The whole country is sitting in front of the TV, anticipating my appearance. If I don't appear, who is going to answer for this? Hyung (CEO Seo), does this make sense?

CEO: Of course it makes sense.

YB: (to an ahjumma beside him who has been fawning over him) Does this really not make sense?

Ahjumma: Of course it makes sense! I think it makes sense for me to give up all my assets for you. Yoo Baek-ssi, let's take a photo together!

CEO: (snatching her phone away) Sorry, no photos!

Officer: Ahjumma, sit down please.

YB: Next question.

Officer: Alright, so let's say it makes sense. For someone who is so concerned about the TV audience, and dressed like this, and made such a victory speech, are you sure you are sober / clear-headed?

YB: (whipping open his jacket to show off his abs) This is called fan service. And what's wrong with my victory speech?

Flashback to YB winning the Best Male Actor Award. 

YB: Thank you very much. (bows and prepares to leave the stage)

Emcee: Please wait a moment. Please stay a while longer on stage, and give a longer speech. Isn't today a good day for celebrating?

YB: A day worth celebrating? To me?

Emcee: Of course. Please give a longer speech.

YB: For me to be happy about filming dramas so that I can come to these award shows for "attendance taking", is not difficult for someone like me with such great acting skills. I will keep on improving my acting until this ability to pretend to be happy comes straight from my soul. I hope that time-wasting things like this will never happen again. Please just mail me my awards in future. (I apologise for this really bad translation of YB's thank you speech, but the gist is, he thinks that it's a waste of time)

Of course, headlines about YB's rude and arrogant speech appeared and the Officer even showed one of them to YB.

YB: I didn't make any reckless remark. It's the truth!

The officer gets the blood test results which show that YB didn't drink any alcohol, and he's shocked, because he thinks that YB's behaviour at the awards show must be due to the effects of alcohol.

On the way out of the police station, YB is surrounded by the press. all wanting to know if he been drunk driving, why he was not wearing a shirt, why his right hand was wounded and if he had been in a fight etc. CEO Seo clarifies that YB has not been drunk driving, and promises to hold a press conference to explain everything, but one particular reporter won't let up. He asked why YB ran away if he hadn't been drinking, but CEO Seo asked YB's assistant / driver Dong Choon (DC) to clear the way for YB to leave.

Once in his car, YB gets upset to see half-eaten kimbap and CEO Seo gobbles it up and apologises. CEO Seo is stressed that the current top ten searches are all about YB, YB replies mockingly that it's nothing new. CEO Seo nags at him about his speech and attire, asking him if he cares about his image. YB replies that he has never cared about his public image, since the audience will still applaud him after his new drama airs. CEO Seo notices his wounded right hand and asked if he was in a fight, and what he did in the two hours after leaving the salon. He asks if YB is seeing Lee Ara, but YB doesn't even know that it's the name of his female co-star. Tired of his nagging, YB asks CEO to make a fist, then promptly stuffs it into CEO's mouth to shut him up.

At YB's house, YB works out while watching one of his old movies. CEO asks why he keeps watching his own movies, and tells him to watch other movies, warning him that other actors are slowly catching up to him. YS replies that his only rival is himself. CEO tells him to stop working out, drink less coffee and take less sleeping pills, and get some rest. YB tells him to keep quiet and asks about his car. CEO has asked NJ to drive it back for YB and YB is not happy about it. Neither is NJ, having to act like a designated driver. As NJ drives, the camera once again focuses on the box in the backseat. I wonder what is its significance?

YB soaks himself in the tub, looking troubled. He takes some pills, and a flashback shows him walking angrily along an alleyway in his awards show shirt and suit, then stopping to punch a wall savagely with his right hand. And as he drives to the awards show, he can't stop crying. It seems likes he is suffering from a lot of stress, and maybe a sleeping disorder. I think one of the reasons he ran away from the police roadblack was so that people would not see him crying.

As YB lies in bed, unable to fall asleep, he stares at a painting on the wall. It's a painting of a ship at sea, and the scene transitions to our Oh Kang Soon (KS) diving for octopus and shellfish.

KS tells the boat ahjussi that she saw a huge turtle while she was diving,  and another diving ahjumma says that the Sea Dragon King must have sent it, signifying the arrival of KS's "benefactor".

Back to YB filming his drama. It's a saeguk, and in this scene, he is supposed to kiss his female co-star. However, the reporters spying outside the filming location keeps taking photographs and disrupting the filming, causing YB to flare up and confront the reporters. He gives permission for three of the reporters to ask him a question each.

Reporter 1: Is it true that you evaded the police roadblock so that you can get to the awards show? Isn't there another reason?

YB: Even if I said no, you wouldn't believe me. Next!

Reporter 2: What's with the wound on your hand? Was it a love fight?

YB: How creative of you! You should be an author instead of a reporter. Next!

Reporter 2: You disappointed a lot of your fans due to this latest incident. Haven't you thought of making a public apology to them?

YB:  I don't wish to apologise. I'm an actor, not a beggar asking for support from my fans! Alright?

And so, more negative reports about YB attacking his arrogance, forcing him to announce his departure halfway through his latest drama.

YB is now on his way to the remote island, which is actually DC's hometown. YB thinks that CEO is sending him to a resort island for a vacation, and CEO warns DC through the phone not to let YB check his social media until he gets to the remote island. NJ has taken over YB's role in the drama, and YB tells CEO to ask NJ to learn how to act by watching him. After hanging up, CEO comments that YB is really talented, but even he is tired of handling YB anymore, so it's good to let him go through some hardship on the remote island.

DC tricks YB into getting onto a small boat to the remote island, and YB gets seasick on the way. When he asks the captain how long more they have to travel, the captain replies: You have been running for so long, now is the time for you to stop and take a rest. Then he points to an island in the distance.

When they arrive, the boat captain asks YB if he knows the ending to “The Lost Star" (a story? fairytale?), and YB ignores him. Suddenly YB catches sight of the sunlight glinting off the bracelet on his left wrist, and he stares puzzled at it for a moment. When he looks back, the boat is already some distance away and the captain waves good bye to him, prompting YB to comment on the captain's weirdness. (To be honest, I didn't really understand this part)

Suddenly, over the island's PA system, an announcement is made about YB's arrival and how KS, his host will be fetching him. However she doesn't appear after a long time and YB decides to make his way in himself. On the way, he meets DC's father Park Gu Seob, who is able to run hilariously fast. PGS runs off after introducing himself and YB is left alone once more. He makes his way to a well and stops to drink some bottled water, when two grandmothers appear behind him, with two fully filled basins perched on top of their heads. You have to see it to appreciate how funny it is. They exclaim and fawn over his arrival, but have to leave because one of the grandmothers is cooking soup. YN is amazed at how coordinated the two grandmothers are in turning around without the basins on their heads moving an inch, and walking away at high speeds. Again, you have to watch this to appreciate this.

As YB walks between a field of flowers, he finally comes across KS, who is dressed in matching jeans and denim jacket like she's stuck in the 80s. She's holding a rooster and dancing along as she walks. She is so cute and funny! She takes one of his luggage, and as they walk, she talks about her island YooJikDo (I hope I heard it correctly). She keeps starting to say something, and then hesitating, and YB thinks that she wants to take a photo of him. So he takes off his suit jacket and poses with it. KS hilariously strikes a pose as well, thinking that YB wants to take a photo of her as a memento. YB is amazed that she doesn't know who he is, and is shocked to know that there is no TV or internet on YooJikDo. KS takes him on a short tour of the island, and YB is annoyed with her incessant talking. He tells her to open up her right hand, then promptly uses it to cover her mouth to shut her up.

They walk past the school, which also houses the clinic, and YB is hit on a head by an inflated pig's bladder, which the children use as a soccer ball for their Physical Education lessons. A little kid, accompanied by whom I think is his teacher, asks for the "ball" back, and KS hits it back with a header. Finally they arrive at KS's house, and YB is taken aback by how simple and backward it is. He still thinks that he is staying at a hotel/resort, but KS quickly clarifies that he is staying at her house. He is shown to his room, which is actually a storage room, and YB cannot believe that it's real. He thinks back to three weeks ago when he met with the producer of the variety show "Three Meals a Day" and declined the offer to appear on the show. Now YB suspects that the show's producer tricked him into coming to YooJikDo and is secretly filming him as a prank.

YB walks around trying to find the crew and equipment, and even accuses KS of being a writer / actor on the show. He asks for the mic, and pulls on a wire that he spotted on KS. It turns out to be the earphones to her cassette walkman, and he finally realises that it's not a prank. He still cannot believe that he has to stay here, and demands to leave. He is shocked when KS tells him that a boat only comes once every 2 weeks, and he demands the use of a landline to call CEO when he realises his handphone does not have a signal. He makes KS lead him to the village chief's house, the only place besides the clinic with a landline. The village chief and his wife are the parents of Ma Dol (the second male lead).

Over the phone, CEO manages to persuade YB to lie low until the negative reports disappear, and lies that he will find YB a boat home as soon as possible. YB criticises YooJikDo in front of the village chief, saying how it is stuck in the 80s. The village chief gives him a little bit of the island's history, telling him how an organisation wanted to develop it into a tourist attraction, but the residents were divided into two factions - those for and those against the development. Eventually, the faction against the development won, and the organisation left, leaving the residents behind. 

Just then, DC's mother comes running, shouting about how her goats have escaped and asking for help to herd them back. After making a PA system announcement to ask for help from all the island's residents, the village chief, his wife and KS run off to help, leaving YB to walk back to KS's house by himself. On the way, he gets chased by a runaway goat and sprains his ankle. Luckily, DC's father arrives in time to help, He carried YB and ran really fast all the way to the clinic.

At the clinic, YB is seen to by a female doctor, Asara. She jokes that she has to amputate his leg, which YB does not find funny at all. Just then, the teacher (who was with the kid when the pig bladder ball hit YB's head) appears with another goat, and the Asara stares at him with i think is love and admiration in her eyes. He politely excuses himself and Asara looks crushed to see him go. Still holding on to YB's ankle, she clutches it to her heart while staring longingly after the teacher. So funny!

After his treatment, YB limps back to KS's house and asks to take a bath. He is appalled by the lack of a shower and complains, but is quickly shot down by KS. He starts to remove his shirt, and is shocked when KS suddenly flings open the door to throw him a towel. He checks the door which cannot be locked, then removes his shirt again. This time, he is topless when KS flings open the door again to pass him soap and shampoo. Annoyed, he accuses of KS wanting a peek at him, and KS mocks him, saying that she already has an Oppa whom she likes and is her ideal type. YB quips that after seeing him, KS will then realise what her "ideal type" really is. When KS says that he has no humility, YB retorts that with a face like his, being humble will make him detestable, as people will just think that he's being fake humble. YB gestures rudely for her to leave, and dares her to come in a third time, which means that she has designs on him. Thinking that he's now safe, YB strips totally naked, and when the door opens the third, he turns around to see KS's grandmother looking at him. Shocked, he yells and grabs something to cover himself, and keeps on yelling even when she left.

NJ has now taken over YB's role in the drama, and when filming has ended for the day, he invites his female co-star for tea and drives her using YB's car. DC sees them and wonders if he should complain about NJ. 

Back at the island, KS and Grandma prepare dinner with lots of delicious looking fresh seafood and vegetables. They invite YB to sit down to dinner with them, but he declines rather rudely, claiming that he's tired. KS complains about his rude behaviour and bad personality, and Grandma admonishes her, saying that they must treat their guest well. YB cannot fall asleep, and decides to take sleeping pills, but has run out of water. KS is awaken by some noise, and sees YB trying to find some water for himself. She tells him to just drink the water directly from the well, and when he says that there may be bactaria, she scoffs at him. 

Later again that night, KS is awoken by YB trying to get rid of mosquitoes in his room. She goes over to yell at him, and when he tells her to get rid of the mosquitoes, she kills one that has landed on his tshirt. YB is upset that his tshirt is dirty, and takes it off for KS to throw away. KS thinks that it's a waste, then spits on the tshirt to try and clean away the blood. YB asks her to get out of his room, and KS is really annoyed by his rudeness.

Early next morning, KS is up doing chores around the house. She waters her plants and goes to check on her catch, happy to see a huge octopus in her fishing basket. She brings it back to Grandma who cooks it for breakfast, thinking that YB will like it. The village chief plays a song over the PA system for YB, waking him up. He trudges out of his room grumpily, and chances upon KS doing this hilariously sexy dance while she lays the table. He mocks her "immoral" dance and says that she will be locked up by the police, before going to wash up.

When YB steps out of the bathroom, he is invited to sit down for breakfast by Grandma. He looks at the spread before him and says that the food is too difficult to be digested, and is bad for his health. KS is insulted, and points out that the ingredients are hard to come by. She asks him what he usually eats for breakfast, and YB says with a smirk: Scrambled egg, milk, salad and maybe some espresso. KS and Grandma look at him, not understanding what he said, and he told them not to bother about his meals - he will find his own food on the island. Grandma proudly offers him the freshly cooked octopus, and he keeps pushing the plate away until the octopus spills onto the floor. KS rushes to scoop up the food, and YB uses the chance to excuse himself. KS complains about YB again.

YB gets dressed, ready to go surfing. He looks everywhere for his surf board, only to realise that Grandma has used it to dry some fish in the sun. He angrily brushes the fish to the ground, and complains about the smell while he leaves. KS comes out in time to see the fish on the ground, and YB leaving. She picks up the fish, lamenting about the wastage of good food, then follows YB. She yells loudly at YB, then charges at him like a bull. When she gets near him, she jumps up into the air, head up, ready to headbutt him. YB uses his surf board to block her, but she is so strong that the surf board cracks in half. YB's smirk disappears as KS rears her head again, and head butts him till he falls to the ground.

Episode ends.

Gosh, after doing this, I have great respect for recappers every where. I took 4 hours, and I don't think I have covered every detail that I wanted. But I can't continue anymore. Too tired. Haha! Maybe after a good night's sleep, I might do some editing. Good night all!

33 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

Gosh, after doing this, I have great respect for recappers every where. I took 4 hours, and I don't think I have covered every detail that I wanted. But I can't continue anymore. Too tired. Haha! Maybe after a good night's sleep, I might do some editing. Good night all!

Thanks for the hard work. It is time consuming and a lot of effort indeed. I apreciated the recap.

Now I know why he went shirtless to get the award. The most funny part for me... when suspects that the show's producer of the variety show "Three Meals a Day  tricked him and made a prank. :w00t:

Yoo Baek needs this vacation. This will be the best medicine for his hectic life.

Hehe him calling out for Na PD was really fun. Thanks for the recap. @triplem @joonminfan.

I really like JSM's satoori its really attractive for some reason. If the drama can keep up the momentum till the end this could prove to be a turning point for all its leads. They are all talented and rightfully deserves more fame and success. Especially as a JSM fan I feel so emotional thinking about this. Eonni, I hope all your efforts get paid off.:heart:

Thanks loads @joonminfan. Really appreciate your recaps as it helps me makes sense of a lot of parts . Gonna rewatch it now with understanding.

Very curios about the significance of that box in his car . Though he seems to be behaving like a first class jerk, I think YB is able to evoke some sympathy from me because he seems actually quite lost. The  pressure to remain at the top of the game is clearly eating him up - the dependence on sleeping pills and the wall punching are clear indications of his inner anger / dissatisfaction ; which is an irony given that he seems to have it all. He  says that he has no competition because he is his own greatest rival but he’s also his own worst enemy. I think this forced exile came at the right time . Kang soon & the island folk will help him reassess his life. 

I’m also looking forward to the competition from Ma Dol. On this island it seems, MD is well loved & is hero worshipped by KS . So for the 1st time in possibly a Long while , YB will not have it so easy to get what he wants which is KS’s heart. 

Archived