SM's pretty infamous for the lawsuits they've faced over the years for overworking their artists to the point of severe health problems, among other issues, so this definitely isn't a first for them. And I hate to say it but this definitely won't be the last time either

A part of me likes to think that Taemin going to the army will help him gain a new perspective to life, or at least add something more to his way of thinking. So that when he returns, he's found another way to be happier, as a person and as an artist :)

Maybe Taemin doesn't have Pengsoo stickers but he might've gotten a box of tuna from you-know-who in Calobye fashion (jk :joy:)

Edited by forevernampyeon_
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, forevernampyeon_ said:

SM's pretty infamous for the lawsuits they've faced over the years for overworking their artists to the point of severe health problems, among other issues, so this definitely isn't a first for them. And I hate to say it but this definitely won't be the last time either

A part of me likes to think that Taemin going to the army will help him gain a new perspective to life, or at least add something more to his way of thinking. So that when he returns, he's found another way to be happier, as a person and as an artist :)

Maybe Taemin doesn't have Pengsoo stickers but he might've gotten a box of tuna from you-know-who in Calobye fashion (jk :joy:)

But Shinee have always been workaholics all of them except maybe Onew, so i doubt they are being forced its not 2012 anymore.

@Kekw I do think Taemin played a part in biting off a bit more than he could chew - he definitely has a say in deciding his schedules since it's not, as you said, 2012 anymore. My comment on SM's history with overworking their idols was to say that even if Taemin was the sole person responsible for packing his schedule to the brim, as his agency SM could've at least held him back a little so he wouldn't strain himself to the extent he did (it's something they alluded to in the official statement), or at least learn from previous (and severe) instances of harm coming upon their artists, but they didn't. This isn't to say SM is purely responsible for what happened to Taemin in these past few days either. They did wait for him to recover completely before making any official statement, so they're probably aware of emotions and anxiety running high among fans and didn't want to add fuel to the fire by commenting on his bad condition (though we would've been worried either way). But I'll admit, I didn't explain my point sufficiently enough so I apologize for that ^^;

• Like 1

I think the email is already clear enough about why they cancelled the fanmeet tho. They only mention ‘physical and mental health’ and ‘too much schedules’, isnt this an indirect way to say that he fainted or felt too sick to do the fanmeet? I heard that this event was his last schedule before his enlistment so there’s no way he would cancel it abruptly unless he really couldn’t make it. But I’m still worried because they mentioned mental health.. :( there’s only 2 days left until his enlistment so I think he’s currently resting and spending time with his loved ones. Pretty sure he’ll update us before he goes. 

and sm really need to stop overworking their artists! Almost all of their groups’ members had collapsed at least once, this is so worrying. 

5 hours ago, LauLau said:

You know Key once fainted while shooting Weekly Idol because they made him do a speed dance challege while he was dealing with illness and we didn't find out for a couple of years when he casually brought it up while guesting on his own :))

Do you mean the 2018 weekly idol episode? I’ve watched that episode before, I remember key refused to do it multiple times and ran away immediately after doing the speed dance, he looked really sick, his face was pale.

• Like 3

TAEMIN'S DANCERS PROMOTE CALOBYE WITH "ADVICE" BGM

I KNOW IT'S JUST COINCIDENCE BC CALOBYE ALWAYS HAVE DEAL PAID PROMOTE ON INSTAGRAM WITH TONS OF INFLUENCERS AND ALSO K-IDOL

BUT YEAH THE BA ARE ONLY NAEUN AND KIM JONGKOOK 

Don't take it Seriously Okay 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, forevernampyeon_ said:

@Kekw I do think Taemin played a part in biting off a bit more than he could chew - he definitely has a say in deciding his schedules since it's not, as you said, 2012 anymore. My comment on SM's history with overworking their idols was to say that even if Taemin was the sole person responsible for packing his schedule to the brim, as his agency SM could've at least held him back a little so he wouldn't strain himself to the extent he did (it's something they alluded to in the official statement), or at least learn from previous (and severe) instances of harm coming upon their artists, but they didn't. This isn't to say SM is purely responsible for what happened to Taemin in these past few days either. They did wait for him to recover completely before making any official statement, so they're probably aware of emotions and anxiety running high among fans and didn't want to add fuel to the fire by commenting on his bad condition (though we would've been worried either way). But I'll admit, I didn't explain my point sufficiently enough so I apologize for that ^^;

I agree, SM isn't solely responsible for what happened. Remember on one of Taemin's vlive? His fans are concerned about him working too much before his comeback but he told shawols himself that instead of telling him to rest and stop working, shawols should just cheer him up and be happy on the contents that he's going to produce. We all know how workaholic Taemin is. Even on his day offs he'd got to SM to practice dancing or singing. He must have just reached his limit this time since he's been working non stop since their comrback until his solo comeback. It's really a good thing that he's enlisting soon. At least he now has time to rest and recuperate. He needs more time to himself and to strengthen his mental health. I really hope he'll be in the same unit as sungjae so he have someone who works in the same industry that could probably help him or influenced him on having a new perspective in life. 

The thing is he’s not overworked this year only, his schedules in 2017 were insane too, then they got a break in 2018, starting from 2019 his schedules were packed again.. especially after super m formed. I also read it on Twitter that he’s the main character(?) of the whole smcu thing, if this is true then I guess that’s why sm push him that much.

1 hour ago, BabyCheese6v6 said:

I really hope he'll be in the same unit as sungjae so he have someone who works in the same industry that could probably help him or influenced him on having a new perspective in life.

Is this possible? I remember sungjae enlisted last May and he’s going to discharge in November. Idk if they can meet but if this happens, it’d be great because he’s very cheerful, plus changsub and key are good friends now xD I find sungjae cool because he enlisted really early as a 95 liner. I think hyunsik is in the military band too, he enlisted on the same day with sungjae.

• Like 2

"SMCU"...I'm guessing it stands for "SM cinematic universe"? XD I don't really know these things ^^; Though I wouldn't be surprised if he is the main character, with how crazy his schedules have been post-SHINee enlistments

Taemin and Sungjae might not be able to work in the same unit but they might be able to bump into each other (a photo would be nice between two WGM alumni haha). BTOB's such a fun and nice group. I used to wish my favourite male groups would have the members enlist at once before giving up on that, then BTOB did it - in batches, so Peniel wouldn't be alone, but still ^-^

• Like 1

It's finally here! I'm actually feeling okay after seeing him with his haircut ?? He still looks handsome lol... I really like how it turned out :ph34r:

As for the SMCU thing, Taemin is basically the same as Nick Fury of SM, if we're going by Marvel references... He is the one who gathered SuperM and summoned Aespa, hence why people consider him the 'main character', but his solo works and SHINee's works are not included in the SM cinematic universe, only his SuperM work, so he's a big part of it but also not part of it at all... 

• Like 4

Meanwhile I'm having the opposite reaction, feeling some tears here asdlkdalksa at least he looks well-rested, I'm very happy about that! And I also feel - weirdly reassured that his handsomeness isn't diminished by the buzz cut - rather, it got enhanced xD Now all that's left is for the SHINee hyungs to send Taemin off to the military :)

Taemin, the overseer of SMCU happenings lol

I also watched his "Dear. My SHINee World" segment (this series is sooo nice + this must've been filmed shortly before he needed rest) and there's two things I paid attention to:

1. Taemin giving love advice to a high school girl with a crush on a close friend (starts around 13:20). He suggests she should take courage and try confessing, so that this doesn't become something she regrets + if she goes through with it, then the guy could develop good feelings that weren't there before, even if they're platonic in nature (at least, he sees it that way). She can also grow as a person by experiencing love or rejection/hurt. He ends his detailed answer with a quick "I'm a bit jealous" pffft
  2. Taemin's plans to not retire after he turns 30 (right after Lee Taemin's jealousy). This is something I knew for a while now but it was nice to hear it again before he enlists, because from early on in his career he wanted to try something else after turning 30 (I think the last time he mentioned this plan was...2016?), and now he knows he doesn't want to be anything but a performer. Not gonna lie, this reminded me of the WGM bank episode where Taemin talked about this and Naeun doubted he'd retire by then lol (but she'd support him with small allowances...one triangle kimbap per day xD)
  • Like 4

Seeing taemin’s shaved hair makes me to feel like he really grew up, from the wgm taemin to now.. omg. I think his hyungs will send him off tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, LauLau said:

As for the SMCU thing, Taemin is basically the same as Nick Fury of SM, if we're going by Marvel references... He is the one who gathered SuperM and summoned Aespa, hence why people consider him the 'main character', but his solo works and SHINee's works are not included in the SM cinematic universe, only his SuperM work, so he's a big part of it but also not part of it at all... 

I think his solo work is related to the smcu thing. Remember aespa’s Karina was one of the dancers in ‘want’, and there are snakes in the mv too. If you read all the theories, all of them included taemin’s solo work too. All the theories make sense for me xD I’m not sure about shinee but I think his solo work is definitely related to smcu. According to ten, sm have a super thick book about this thing lol

• Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, Flowerna said:

I think his solo work is related to the smcu thing. Remember aespa’s Karina was one of the dancers in ‘want’, and there are snakes in the mv too. If you read all the theories, all of them included taemin’s solo work too. All the theories make sense for me xD I’m not sure about shinee but I think his solo work is definitely related to smcu. According to ten, sm have a super thick book about this thing lol

Nope, those are HIS ideas, not SM's and SM does not deserve any credit for them. They're related to his religious identity so they're not to be taken lightly. Taemin makes and even helps edit his own MVs, he handpicks the directors, and SM has very little involvement in it. Some of those theories are offensive to shawols and Taemin because I've seen people suggest that his personal tattoos - which he already confirmed to be very personal to him - are linked to the SMCU because of butterflies flying around the flower :s

Anyways, Taemin not being part of the SMCU is more or less official which is why his MVs do not contain any teasers for other artists at the end. The only other artists confirmed for the SMCU are BoA, SUJU, EXO and Red Velvet. Karina was only a trainee back then and she got criticised a lot for featuring in his song so her debut wasn't even certain at that point.

• Like 1

Hey everyone :relaxed:

I am a relatively new lurker and i really admire how passionate everyone here is about Taeun.

I know this is a sensitive time for everyone but i've been curious about this for a while and have been debating whether it was appropriate to ask this for a long time.As you can see i decided to just ask and i apologize in advance if this isn't appropriate for this thread. I was wondering why no one was commenting on the fact that Naeun seems strangely happy and just normal these days. Is it not unusual that someone whose lover is leaving for 18 months is just posting about cakes and taking selfies like nothing is wrong? I am as taemin would say a motae solo so i genuinely wouldn't know so please don't get angry with me.I am also curious about the fact that they both stopped wearing their rings completely since 2020.

If you would like me to delete this post i will just ask

I hope everyone is coping well with all the changes recently and have a nice day/night ^^

7 hours ago, Kat89 said:

I am a relatively new lurker and i really admire how passionate everyone here is about Taeun.

I know this is a sensitive time for everyone but i've been curious about this for a while and have been debating whether it was appropriate to ask this for a long time.As you can see i decided to just ask and i apologize in advance if this isn't appropriate for this thread. I was wondering why no one was commenting on the fact that Naeun seems strangely happy and just normal these days. Is it not unusual that someone whose lover is leaving for 18 months is just posting about cakes and taking selfies like nothing is wrong? I am as taemin would say a motae solo so i genuinely wouldn't know so please don't get angry with me.I am also curious about the fact that they both stopped wearing their rings completely since 2020.

I hope everyone is coping well with all the changes recently and have a nice day/night ^^

I think they are already in long distance relationship. Rarely met each other. Always contact through phone. So the situation is same with Naeun. She must feel sad and worried but because of she already accustomed the situation between them, its a small matter for her now to wait for him. This is just my opinion.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kat89 said:

As a fellow motae solo who's never even fallen in love, I'd say don't think too much about what Naeun uploads onto Instagram. We do get some valuable Taeun hints from there, like when she secretly listened to a Story of Light Ep.3 track on Melon in 2018, and I sometimes think her radio silence on certain days say a lot, but Naeun mostly uses her social media for work/vacation-related purposes + SNS in itself is deceptive because people usually upload memories they want to immortalize/share with others, and those are usually happy in nature. Not to mention Naeun also went through a big, nerve-wrecking change in April this year (changing agencies) and I think it took a while before she could resume working. So I don't think it's odd for Naeun to upload some nice selcas and pictures of cake in the days leading up to her boyfriend's enlistment, to say I'm glad things are working out in my life, that I found a moment of happiness in these hard times. Look at the SHINee hyungs - they've made a bunch of happy posts this past month and they know, better than anyone, about the pre-military jitters Taemin's been going through. To say they don't care about Taemin because of their SNS activities would be drawing the wrong conclusion. In the same way, we can't associate everything Taeun does to each other and as a representation of their relationship. They may be in love but they're still two individuals with their own needs, their own ambitions. And this kind of mindset makes it very easy to be discouraged about Taeun, who can't afford to show affection in public. For all I know, Naeun might've uploaded the picture of a lava cake on her InstaStory, put down the phone, and cried her eyes out while eating the rest of her cake because her boyfriend's leaving. Or maybe she's just a bit melancholic, because even if an enlistment is nothing to a long distance relationship of 8 years, it's still a sad affair. Also she's far more tight-lipped than Taemin (who pretty much confirmed his relationship experience in a video uploaded yesterday lol) so getting a hint of her side of the relationship is like rain in an oasis. It doesn't happen very often but when it does, they speak a thousand words and more :)

(I hope I wasn't being very harsh in my answer - there's nothing wrong with being curious, especially if you're new to the couple. I would've loved to have someone answer my questions in 2015 ^^)

*Edit: Originally I talked about our Lee Taemin wanting to enlist quietly so maybe it was a chance for him to see some loved ones in private...but I watched the video of him being surrounded by people when he got dropped off at the training centre so I'm confused lol I think at the very least he did get some private time with Naeun before going, since the video was uploaded at around 3pm in Korea. Naeun's also been rather silent today, aside from the lava cake InstaStory...but take this with a grain of salt, I did just say not everything she does/doesn't do on SNS is related to her relationship with Taemin xD

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, forevernampyeon_ said:

*Edit: Originally I talked about our Lee Taemin wanting to enlist quietly so maybe it was a chance for him to see some loved ones in private...but I watched the video of him being surrounded by people when he got dropped off at the training centre so I'm confused lol I think at the very least he did get some private time with Naeun before going, since the video was uploaded at around 3pm in Korea. Naeun's also been rather silent today, aside from the lava cake InstaStory...but take this with a grain of salt, I did just say not everything she does/doesn't do on SNS is related to her relationship with Taemin xD

This what i'm thinking too, since theres a  news article before that tells that Taemin will enlist quietly/private,  I think the time and location was leaked and some kshawols went there. sadly, they really invaded Taemin's private enlistment.

Well I think they probably have more chance to contact each other when he’s in the military. Taemin can use his phone for 2 hours straight a day when he’s in the military, which he probably couldn’t during his working days because of his schedules. And sometimes they get their days off, so those days are used to rest or to meet with their families only, but I’m not sure if they’re still allowed to go back home during holidays because of covid. Fans wouldn’t know when will they have holidays so.. they probably can date more freely now lol

the Francesco cap taemin wore today, idk why but I find it suspicious although I always knew that he’s a devoted catholic. I think it’s a customised gift from someone precious, also, normally catholics will gift others something related to their religion for important days (like taemin gave naeun the rosary bracelet for apink’s comeback in wgm) so I’m assuming the cap is from a catholic :vicx: you can also see there’s a cross sign at the letter F.

• Like 6