Director:

Broadcast Period: 5/6/2019

Cast:

Wallace Huo

Yang Mi

Zhang Junning

Ge Shimin

Synopsis:

At the beginning of the 1920s, military conflicts in the Warlord era has resulted in unbearable conditions. Amidst the chaos, Shen Qinan's family experiences a terrible misfortune. His father is killed after unwittingly becoming entangled in a smuggling case. His mother falls to grave danger in her escape. The four brothers and sisters overcome many hurdles to flee to Shanghai but they are forced to separate.
Many years later, they will reunite again. Shen Qinan manages to climb from the depths of despair to make a name for himself as a famous architect in the Shanghai Bund. He meets Fu Hanjun, a gifted architect who puts the people's needs and traditional Chinese architecture at the heart of her designs. During Shanghai's development, Shen Qinan works hard to build affordable homes for the people. When the Second Sino-Japanese War erupted, Shen Qinan uncovers a conspiracy and plays his part to prevents many deaths.
(Source: chinesedrama.info)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Great Craftsman 筑梦情缘 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Great Craftsman 筑梦情缘

I can't believe how fast times flies. It's out but I have to wait for English subs before watching. I did check out the first 10 mins. of episode 1 and some thoughts:

- The Intro title was very modern and sleek which for some reason surprised me (but I like it)

- The cinematography and the way the drama is shot is so crisp, clear and gorgeous 

- Costume and set look realistic and not too ''sound stage"

- I am liking the dramatic classical instrumental music for the OST

Anyone else watching this? 

I watch prod the first two episodes raw and like the old fading coloring too, it really brings out the feel of the time period.  Really can’t wait until it sub.  Wondering why Viki doesn’t sub it.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:27 PM, dillycat said:

Want to see thus but Viki region restricted.  Anyone have a Link where it can be watch? Thanks in advance

You can install TouchVPN if you watch it on your android, or similar software for VPN tools on your desktop.

11 hours ago, stella77 said:

I can't believe how fast times flies. It's out but I have to wait for English subs before watching. I did check out the first 10 mins. of episode 1 and some thoughts:

- The Intro title was very modern and sleek which for some reason surprised me (but I like it)

- The cinematography and the way the drama is shot is so crisp, clear and gorgeous 

- Costume and set look realistic and not too ''sound stage"

- I am liking the dramatic classical instrumental music for the OST

Anyone else watching this? 

Hi @stella77 @dillycat :) Glad to see you guys are here. I'm thinking of watching this too. Waiting for English subs as well.

7 hours ago, epinklyn said:

You can install TouchVPN if you watch it on your android, or similar software for VPN tools on your desktop.

I had tried that but didn’t work.  Maybe will try again. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 10:12 AM, angelangie said:

why not? lols too many unrelated content? :D 

@angelangie FB has demonstrated over and over that they only care about making a profit; when situations arise —  they do not do the right thing. They continue to sell user data without always informing users, allow for fake, harmful content, sell ads w/o due diligence e.g. Cambridge Analytica, and they don’t care to really change. I don’t want to support an unethical company like this in any way. 

• 5 months later...

I am up to episode 19 and I have to say it is one of those slower-paced classic melodrama type. YM and WH don’t appear until episode 6 or so and I have to give credit to the child/teen actors and actresses because they did very well to carry the story in the early episodes. I felt bad for them and am looking to how their story lines collide. I am enjoying it thus far. Although nothing ground breaking, it is charming in its own way. I hope the plot picks up soon and some more character development.

update: ok wow episode 20 amps up the plot and oh the drama! Getting good!

Archived