[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Great Craftsman 筑梦情缘

sugarplum892

On 11/24/2019 at 10:13 PM, stella77 said:

I am up to episode 19 and I have to say it is one of those slower-paced classic melodrama type. YM and WH don’t appear until episode 6 or so and I have to give credit to the child/teen actors and actresses because they did very well to carry the story in the early episodes. I felt bad for them and am looking to how their story lines collide. I am enjoying it thus far. Although nothing ground breaking, it is charming in its own way. I hope the plot picks up soon and some more character development.

update: ok wow episode 20 amps up the plot and oh the drama! Getting good!

yay!!! I'm on ep 6, and the pace is slow, but can't wait to a catch up!!

The younger actors acted so well, I cried like a baby!! So sad, they had such harsh life. Question, why did Qi Nang sold the baby brother? I didn't catch why he did that? Also, the big brother go and become the man that murdered his dad's helper? Why would he do that? Yang Mi looks so good, but I don't really like her bang like that....And Wallace is handsome!!!

@rosierosie He didn’t sell the baby. He put him up for adoption. I think it was a combination of loosing Watermelon that made him afraid that he couldn’t take care of the baby and the reality that he himself is a kid that isn’t sure he can survive, much less take care of a baby. He wanted to give his baby a better life - even without him so that the baby can live and not end up dead, lost or living bad etc. I seriously cried too and yes, the young actors did very well. This story is really about family. 

The eldest brother ended up with gangsters that saved him and joined the military/police and he is pretending to side with the bad guy for revenge (he know it will take a strong plan and get dirt on the guy to really take him down etc - smart guy) and finding his siblings. 

Wallace looks handsome in these classic clothes but it also hit me that he has aged a little bit. So it seem slightly odd to see him act as someone in their teens/20’s. Same goes for Yang Mi, but she is very pretty but yes, I dislike her hair for the entire show lol. 

Up to episode 26!! It was so bittersweet seeing the siblings reunited! Family is everything <3. Looking forward to the revenge plan---by the way, who is the man that sticks next to elder brother? Is this his friend, sounds like he's going to seek revenge with elder brother???

• 3 weeks later...

Archived