[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

Yoon Shi Yoon And Lee Yoo Young Longingly Gaze At Each Other In “Your Honor”

Yoon Shi Yoon And Lee Yoo Young Longingly Gaze At Each Other In “Your Honor”

Aug 16, 2018
by suuuj

A heartwarming scene from the upcoming episodes of “Your Honor” shows Yoon Shi Yoon visiting Lee Yoo Young’s house.

SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Your Honor” has already reached its halfway point. If the first half was the crazy story of convicted criminal Han Kang Ho impersonating a judge, the second half expects to turn everything upside down with reality and a straightforward message. Furthermore, the subtle addition of romance in between has made the viewers’ hearts flutter, making the drama even more popular.

The romantic chemistry portrayed between Han Kang Ho (Yoon Shi Yoon) and Song So Eun (Lee Yoo Young) is slightly different than most dramas. In the face of law and justice, the two are each other’s catalyst for growth. Because of her upright beliefs, repeat offender turned fake judge Han Kang Ho realizes what kind of justice a real judge should carry out. At the same time, justice apprentice Song So Eun continues to grow into an honest law professional as she sees him take on cases from a moral position.

A lot of viewers are cheering on Han Kang Ho and Song So Eun’s relationship in the drama.

Newly released images capture a scene from episodes 15 and 16 in which Han Kang Ho and Song So Eun are having a conversation at Song So Eun’s home together. Han Kang Ho longingly looks at Song So Eun while she has a warm smile across her face.Your-Honor2.jpgThe production team commented on the upcoming episodes, “As the two characters are positive influences to each other, please look forward to their story of how their closeness affects the way they want to see and handle cases going forward.”

Episodes 15 and 16 of “Your Honor” will air on August 16 at 10 p.m. KST

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, nrllee said:

I have yet to watch Ep 13 and 14 subbed but have watched it raw so initial come away points

Hide contents

I think this Episode actually focuses the viewers on the Mother-Child relationship.  The case of the blind girl and her Mom parallels that of KH's relationship with his Mom.  It's a case of misguided love/concern.  In both cases, the Mother really does care for the child but it comes across as "worry" and that worry expresses itself in unhelpful ways.  

For the blind girl, her mother's worry about her comes across as excessive overbearing protectiveness - hence her always leaping in to fight battles for her.

For KH's Mom (I know this sounds very strange if you're raised in the West) her worry and concern for KH's future comes out in scolding, nagging, punishment, pleading almost as she tries to get him to mend his ways (it's very Asian).  I do not condone the means but I do understand her intent.  I think her exclamation that she wished she only had one Son comes from a place of pure exasperation, where she's reached the end of her tether and just voiced it in the most hurtful of ways (we've all been there).  I am not sure what the exchange was in the last bit as they slept and talked and what led KH to shed tears...I guess the subs will help me understand it better.  KH for all his rough ways has a big heart, he's not petty like SH so I think he will eventually come around and forgive his Mom.

Love reveals itself in a multitude of ways in the real world. It is most apparent when there are no masks involved.  When it is an embrace, a kiss, a soft word, a spoken 'Sarang' (사랑).  It is a lot harder to see when it masquerades as worry which often comes out with nagging, harsh words, correction, frustration.  One needs to step back and peel off the layers and dig deeper to unmask it, but it's there.  I know it's a strange concept to grasp.  The one thing love isn't though is 'indifference'.  I think KH's Mom almost got to that stage with KH.  She got to a point where she felt like nothing she did (all that scolding, punishing and trying to get him to 'be like his Brother' and turn from his bad ways) worked so she just gave up trying.  All she wanted was 'the best' for him and to her it meant studying hard, getting a good job and being presentable in society, she didn't realise that all he wanted was love and acceptance, that really he was 'enough' even if he didn't 'succeed' in life like his SH did.  I think when both come to that understanding of where the other party is coming from, we may finally get resolution and have that happy family pic where she's with both her sons.  SH needs to come to the table too I feel...he has a lot of other issues which I feel hasn't really been addressed yet in the drama because thus far it's been very KH-centric.

I agree with you but i think if she gave both twins the same treatment he would have studied hard the issue was his mother always compared him to SH and looked down on him so he turned rebellious so he could get attention.

The issue with KH is he's selfless like when he defended his brother frm the knife then got jail or in trouble etc.. then his brother lied about what happened. Then his mother gave up on him more and looked down on him.

KH to me seems like hes always been about justice and protecting weaker people even from a young age so he got into trouble . 

23 minutes ago, allythefangirl said:

I'm excited to see this week's episodes. I normally wait until the all the episodes are done and subbed before watching. Seeing your reactions, I'm more excited to see it. I really like the chemistry between the cast. And all of them are good at their designated roles.

Same...I am terribly impatient and this waiting a week thing is really hard...I keep rewatching the old episodes to see if I miss bits but it's still so hard. I agree about the whole cast. Everyone is pulling their weight and they gel so well together. And the little stories in the plot with the different cases are gripping and real so it's firing on all cylinders for me...I am already anticipating major drama withdrawals when it ends :tears:. But not yet...it's been a great ride so far.  I am still waiting for SH's story to come to light.  Episodes thus far have been very KH-centric.

@Wotad Agreed. She just went about it all wrong and pitted the boys against each other. KH's is classic attention seeking behaviour - better to have some attention (even if it's negative) than to have no attention at all. 

4 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Same...I am terribly impatient and this waiting a week thing is really hard...I keep rewatching the old episodes to see if I miss bits but it's still so hard. I agree about the whole cast. Everyone is pulling their weight and they gel so well together. And the little stories in the plot with the different cases are gripping and real so it's firing on all cylinders for me...I am already anticipating major drama withdrawals when it ends :tears:. But not yet...it's been a great ride so far.  I am still waiting for SH's story to come to light.  Episodes thus far have been very KH-centric.

Right you are chingu...!! Waiting is the thing I hate the most. Can't wait for their blossoming romance. KH was a lone man with a pointless future so far, even without his mother's love. So he needs love & care of someone for him... And SE is the best choice. With her love & care, he will have a reason to live. :wub:. The "Comfort" OST perfectly suits for KH, right..?? And SH wasn't on the screen yesterday... Maybe he also will become a villain...?? Anyway, I am shipping KH & SE so hard now... Looking forward to see their romance :heart:

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

I want to know SH's back story too. I have judged the mom and SH for their treatment of KH. :lol: I feel for KH as he lived a hard life. But I love that he is street smart and as a judge, he may need SE's assistance but his experience has helped him in making decisions too. YSY's face when he was sentencing the drunk driver was priceless. It sent chills down my spine. He may act silly as KH most of the time, but his range of emotions is unending. Ddabong!

8 minutes ago, allythefangirl said:

I want to know SH's back story too. I have judged the mom and SH for their treatment of KH. :lol: I feel for KH as he lived a hard life. But I love that he is street smart and as a judge, he may need SE's assistance but his experience has helped him in making decisions too. YSY's face when he was sentencing the drunk driver was priceless. It sent chills down my spine. He may act silly as KH most of the time, but his range of emotions is unending. Ddabong!

I think hes gone way past SE's assistance he clearly seems to know alot even though hes never actually trained to be a judge ;p

She helps but he makes his own judgement's. 

Ratings!

Ep.15: 6.8%

Ep.16: 8.3%

Still number 1.

Spoilers!

Spoiler

[Dear Judge] Ep 8 Shin Sung Min rigged Yoon Si Yoon's car and Yoon Si Yoon faints

Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2018

Article: Naver 'Dear Judge' Yoon Si Yoon falls into Shin Sung Min's plot, "Sweet" with Lee Yoo Young

1. [+139,-2]
He did lock the car, so he should be suspicious if the car door is opened....!!!! The lawyer should let go of So Eun already.. 

2. [+128,-3]
Yoon Si Yoon's acting is good. My heart fluttered when he smiles. And my heart ached so much when he's sad. I fell for Kang Ho today too. 

3. [+72,-0]
Yoon Si Yoon today.. He's so lovely, cute, and charming. He did everything on his own. 

4. [+66,-1]
Yoon Si Yoon's acting is so good. Comical, serious, melodrama, and even action. He could do all of them. This is so interesting. 

5. [+64,-2]
A drama that can't do without Yoon Si Yoon!!

6. [+28,-0]
I hope the ratings get up to 15%. Been a while since I've watched such an interesting drama. 

7. [+21,-0]
This drama is like drugs. Once you get into it, you'll get addicted. Why is Yoon Si Yoon so charming?? He doesn't look that way in 1N2D~~ Anyway, I've became a fan. 

8. [+20,-0]
Yoon Si Yoon is good. Dear Judge is so fun to watch. 

9. [+19,-0]
Yoon Si Yoon's acting is good. Doesn't seem like he's doing two roles, but more like different people doing them. 

yoo.png

Article: Naver 'Dear Judge' Yoon Si Yoon worries for Lee Yoo Young who is suffering from stomachache

1. [+151,-2]
It would be good if Soo Ho could help Kang Ho in secret. Don't think it's nice to hide and watch him.....

2. [+79,-2]
Yoon Si Yoon's acting is good. It's interesting, and it's nice because he's a good judge.

3. [+48,-2]
I like the sly Kang Ho. 

4. [+30,-1]
Yoon Si Yoon's acting today is really charismatic, cute and sexy. 

5. [+24,-1]
I wish to see Yoon Si Yoon acting in a traditional melodrama like Autumn in My Heart, taking on a role that needs tearful acting. 

6. [+13,-1]
Yoon Si Yoon's acting is really good. 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/08/dear-judge-ep-8.html

Last night's episode was a cliffhanger :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler
1. Awww...KH is having an inferiority complex now with SE .  I love how he said he will open a restaurant and cook her a dish that she likes...and then she says you don't even know what I like...and his reply, well then I will just cook everything.  KH has such a big heart, it's hard not to love him.  For me I think if they set the finale in the amusement park with fireworks and them holding hands or hugging underneath it would just be perfect.. Sadly I don't think he will have enough $ to pull it off.  

2. And I learnt another thing.  I always thought the guy who kidnapped SH was the son of the man sentenced to death (who ended up committing suicide) but turns out he's the Brother (??)..and the woman I thought was the man's Wife...but she's Iike the dead man's girlfriend?  Or at least it sounded like their marriage wasn't official or something?

3. And the scene with JE was funny when she tried to kiss him...he's like 'I'm a judge, we can't kiss in public...it would look bad."  Haha...lame excuse...

4. cliffhanger end Who will save him? If SH appears and SE comes down and sees the 2 of them what will she think?  OSC drove off after seeing SE and KH head up to her apartment?  He's insanely jealous.  

5. SE/OSC was also at that pool party where SH met JE?  I wonder if there's more to that story line, otherwise why bother putting both of them there at the same time?

6. I always feel like the Mom just says too much...had she just said, "this is food for you." and left it at that KH would feel so loved...instead she had to add, "take these to your brother after you eat your fill"... And she could've just said, "Drive safely." and no more, instead she had to add, "Don't scratch your brother's car"...it's like she sabotages herself by saying too much?  She and KH were already on better good terms after the night together...she just ruins it with these little lapses of judgement.  

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

6. I always feel like the Mom just says too much...had she just said, "this is food for you." and left it at that KH would feel so loved...instead she had to add, "take these to your brother after you eat your fill"... And she could've just said, "Drive safely." and no more, instead she had to add, "Don't scratch your brother's car"...it's like she sabotages herself by saying too much?  She and KH were already on better good terms after the night together...she just ruins it with these little lapses of judgement.  

Hah. I know right.  It was going good then had to say those....So you know I'm going to quote myself.. because when I first watch ep 1 when it premiered....

On 7/27/2018 at 3:41 AM, jongski said:

The character I dislike most was the mother! couldn't even comfort Kang Ho even after he got hurt, all she thought about was  the other twin, Soo Ho- yep, the judge. She said don't embarrass your brother judge. I perfectly understand the his resentment.

But in the irony of it... I like  SH..in a way that at least I want him to get redemption.

Just watched yesterday's eps with eng sub... Ahhh... I hate all the villains in this show. They are the meaning to the name of "Villain"... :o. OSC was so aggressive with SE b'cause she identified her sister's rapist.... And OSC doesn't love a bit, all he need is to make her helpless. And is that mom a fool...?? "Go, give the food to your brother, don't scratch your brother's car...." She doesn't even care for KH. All she needs is the well fare of SH. Sounds like she is protecting a criminal on her back. She would be in a big trouble sooner or later, protecting SH so badly. I hope KH makes everything back to its normal.

And KH is now scared of been exposed his "Angel" tattoo to SE, B'cause He doesn't want to loose her since She is his Angel now. :wub:. He is already in love with her.... And what will happen in next week...?? Would SE start to fall for KH knowing that he was unconscious in his car...?? And what would be the mom's response for KH..?? So many things to happen :wacko:. I wonder we can get a preview for the next week. :heart:

Waking up at 3am and watching last eps without sub but shocked by such breathtaking ending I couldn't  continue my sleeping just obsessed with this thought that what will happen for KH with that suffocating attack by poisoning miasma? ... ow goodness it just seems so long to wait and so hard to do till the next week episodes ... :crazy:

Broadcasted captured pics of eps15&16

0000222632_001_20180817082124521.jpg?typ

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=404&aid=0000222632

@Farbod Asha you said in your previous comment : 

"Hope at the end both twins reach to a good union and their mother have both of them beside herself. Because during the time kh is doing judgement fix dirty judges of sh too, sh become regret of his past evil jobs, so no more problem, that's all and all will have a happy ending! "

ow dear you are a genius ... after watching eps13&14 with sub I found how your perspective view of twins' mother's dreams came true! ... and all you said about a mother's feeling about her children ... yes the mother cares about KH as we saw in her gestures and talks with him while sleeping ... :thumbsup::heart:

âYour Honorâ Continues To Lead Wednesday-Thursday Dramas With Consistent Ratings

“Your Honor” Continues To Lead Wednesday-Thursday Dramas With Consistent Ratings

Aug 17, 2018
by kminjungee

SBS’s “Your Honor” came in first in its time slot once again!

The drama’s August 17 broadcast featured more hilarious moments, but also quite a number of emotional ones as well as a shocking cliff-hanger. Han Kang Ho (Yoon Shi Yoon) becomes worried when he learns Song So Eun (Lee Yoo Young) has fallen ill due to stress. He also goes through an identity crisis when he hits a wall while working on Park Hae Na (Park Ji Hyun)’s case.

The broadcast recorded a viewership of 6.8 percent and 8.3 percent, with a peak at 10.6 percent according to Nielsen Korea. With steady ratings, “Your Honor” has maintained its unbroken first place streak.

MBC’s “Time” saw ratings of 2.9 percent and 3.4 percent, while KBS2’s “Your House Helper” brought in ratings of 2.4 percent and 2.7 percent.

All three dramas air on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 p.m. KST.

Archived