[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

1 hour ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

If i remember right, Ae's birthday is coming up soon and since Ae is into football then it's not a bad present to buy him. 

Totally agree, but given that Tin said something to Ae, I think that Ae wants Pete to understand that he doesn't like him for his ability to buy expensive gifts. Again I'm just going off by the RAW, I'm sure it will make sense to me once it's in English. 

Pete is a sweetheart and wants to give Ae a nice gift, so I'm sure it's coming from that, but Ae might interpret it differently. UGg it's killing to wait until tomorrow to watch it with subs. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

Totally agree, but given that Tin said something to Ae, I think that Ae wants Pete to understand that he doesn't like him for his ability to buy expensive gifts. Again I'm just going off by the RAW, I'm sure it will make sense to me once it's in English. 

Pete is a sweetheart and wants to give Ae a nice gift, so I'm sure it's coming from that, but Ae might interpret it differently. UGg it's killing to wait until tomorrow to watch it with subs. 

I haven't watched the episode properly yet, but you might be right. Ae isn't from from a wealth family and  Pete is. When you come from a wealth family you never really consider the price when buying gifts. If it looks nice you simply go and buy it, never thinking about what the person receiving the gift might think. 

2 hours ago, Harunacamelia said:

I also watched the raw version and come to some conclusions that I'm sure will be wrong anyways LOL

For the most part, I think I get why Ae gets upset with Pete--and if you notice from the preview of next episode, it has more to do with what Pete gets Ae than the chompoo thing. Seems like Pete wants to gift him something expensive and Ae takes offense to that because of something Tin said to him while the three of them were by the parking lot. If I am following correctly (never mind I don't understand a word being said) it seems that Tin hints at Ae only being Pete's friend due to his money--nothing new since we already knew his position on the matter--however, why would Pete buy Ae soccer shoes worth so much money knowing that Ae doesn't care about material things? Did Tin somehow put some doubt in Pete's head about Ae's feelings towards him?

And can I say I dislike that actress' voice so much????? Jesus Mary and Joseph, what whistle range is she on? :confounded:

Gosh I need the subs ASAP i'm going crazy with many theories....

Good take, and my earlier post was rushed because I was out the door for dinner - but I agree.  BTW - I did the conversion - those football/soccer shoes would be around $180USD - so that's a REALLY nice gift!  If Aey's ep 6 anger is from upset at getting something so nice, it'll be very interesting.

It's tough. I've been there - being given a really nice gift and feeling helpless (and poor) to return the favor. Aey has so far proven to be a polite person - so it'll be surprising to me that this is the sole reason he gets upset.  It has to be what Tin said.  And Aey's frustration is with feeling that Pete doesn't believe him, or something akin to that.

4 minutes ago, baw74 said:

Good take, and my earlier post was rushed because I was out the door for dinner - but I agree.  BTW - I did the conversion - those football/soccer shoes would be around $180USD - so that's a REALLY nice gift!  If Aey's ep 6 anger is from upset at getting something so nice, it'll be very interesting.

It's tough. I've been there - being given a really nice gift and feeling helpless (and poor) to return the favor. Aey has so far proven to be a polite person - so it'll be surprising to me that this is the sole reason he gets upset.  It has to be what Tin said.  And Aey's frustration is with feeling that Pete doesn't believe him, or something akin to that.

I also think it's Pete's reluctance to tell Ae how he really feels combined with pushing him to someone else is adding to his frustration. 

4 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

Usually Deltos delivers this but I thought i would this time since I usually pass by to read Lazy's opinions. 

This explains so much to me. Pete's feelings of being inadequate and Ae's frustration is really clear.

PETE YOU STUPID IDIOT YOU ARE YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY!!!!!

Ok, that's off my chest now...

I love Aey's final words in that scene.

2 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

He is, but it also tells me just how much Pete is in love with Ae. :wub:

For sure.

These actors are SO GOOD.  Saint is perfectly capturing that gay self-hate/low self esteem...  and perhaps the damage done by Trump.

And Perth - holy crap - the emotion he brings to Aey is just brilliant.  I love this show!

2 minutes ago, baw74 said:

For sure.

These actors are SO GOOD.  Saint is perfectly capturing that gay self-hate/low self esteem...  and perhaps the damage done by Trump.

And Perth - holy crap - the emotion he brings to Aey is just brilliant.  I love this show!

I'm waiting with baited breath the locker room scene. The hand slamming against the lockers and the close determined "i want you" look into Petes eyes. ;)

1 minute ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I'm waiting with baited breath the locker room scene. The hand slamming against the lockers and the close determined "i want you" look into Petes eyes. ;)

I hear ya, and I am anticipating that scene, too. But dang, this is the first show in a long time that I can remember sitting back and enjoying every part of it as it comes. Even the "annoying" scenes I am enjoying. Such a well done show...

MY MAN POND!! I love Lazy Subber (honestly don't know why she wasn't picked to sub the official ones, nothing against Just BL, but I find they mess up quite a lot in their translation--petpeeve of mine since I used to translate from Spanish to English and vice-versa)...

Anyways, "Family problem" POND knows what's up....the Husbands are fighting and he is getting out of there ASAP! I so appreciate a character like Pond. He is all of us on the sideline!!! 

4 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

OMG yesssssssss! I was hoping it would be at the end of this episode but I don't hate having to wait either

11 minutes ago, baw74 said:

For sure.

I really do believe that Trump has a lot to do with the current state Pete is in. Imagine giving your heart only to realize you are a bank this person wants to rob not to mention all the hateful things Trump said. I felt hurt and I was only watching. They really are very skilled actors.

It's a testament to how much Ae currently feels about Pete that he didn't just walk away. I also respect Ae for letting Pete know exactly where he stands and how he feels about the situation. He is at least sure that he has some feelings for Pete and is willing to explore it. 

6 hours ago, Harunacamelia said:

however, why would Pete buy Ae soccer shoes worth so much money knowing that Ae doesn't care about material things? 

Thinking in Pete's perspective, he probably doesn't realize how expensive his gift is. See, when you like someone you want to get them the best things, and sometimes rich people don't even realize they're giving you something worth your entire salary :lol: . Especially someone born rich like Pete; his definition of expensive would be very different from other people.

4 hours ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

Usually Deltos delivers this but I thought i would this time since I usually pass by to read Lazy's opinions. 

This explains so much to me. Pete's feelings of being inadequate and Ae's frustration is really clear.

I love how Ae is so straightforward (well, not 'straight' anymore, but gayforward isn't in the dictionary :lol:)

29 minutes ago, evanevan said:

Thinking in Pete's perspective, he probably doesn't realize how expensive his gift is. See, when you like someone you want to get them the best things, and sometimes rich people don't even realize they're giving you something worth your entire salary :lol: . Especially someone born rich like Pete; his definition of expensive would be very different from other people.

Exactly! :D

When you're from a wealthy family, it's very common to purchase what would be considered to be expensive items without thinking about it. What's expensive to you, might not be expensive to me. 

13 hours ago, deltos said:

I think that's the issue I have...it's suppose to be a look or a personality and yes, it's a trope...sure there are tops/bottoms..but that's usually behind closed doors.  I see the couples in LBC with varied personalities...simply, two guys trying to make a relationship work - that's real and how they do that well, is the story line. I read a paper on Japanese manga's  a while back that suggested the reason the terms exist in such a descriptive way is, as you said feminizing one role is a way to understand m/m relationships. One has to be " women like". Perhaps though, even that is slowly changing and more writers, readers, and the world come to a greater understanding of what it means to be a member of the LGBTA community. 

I always seen these two words "seme/uke" as a simplistic standardization of gay sexuality. This last one is so complex and diverse, a never ending experimental field between two (or more) peoples to consent into pleasure search. One is feminine, one is more manly, for me it's just part of each own personality that have nothing to do with a balance of power. Sexuality is part of life's couple, not the keystone into a relation. Anyway, this is what i think.As i already said, there is guy with "feminine" look/attitude, and be a tiger in bed!

The traditionnal couple "seme/uke" stereotype fly into pieces. That's why i don't believe into this cliché, that i always learn it exist into almost all BL novel. And the eternal question almost all BL addict ask: who is top, who is bottom. This is a non-sense to me, cause the bottom in the morning can be the top in the evening. It seems novel's writer imagination doesn't yet know that. This is the insult (toward gay peoples) main reason, as there is only one manner '"to do it"!

Spoiler

"F a g g o t, f u c k o f f! (something like that in french:"pédé, va te faire e*culer")

This is more an affinity connection question than a balance of power to me. Love in every couple's life (hetero/homo) is a constant concession party, if you need it have a long life. However, into sexual realm, affinity/ies must have a common ground for made profit of it, until desire dissapear (for any reason). As i never (and will never) read novel or manga (i dislike any drawings, novels are too different from serie/movie), i can't judge if things evolve (in the good way) about what is gay sexuality into these "books" and peoples mentality. I hope as deltos said, it change even at snail speed for the best!

ps: * is "n" letter

6 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I also think it's Pete's reluctance to tell Ae how he really feels combined with pushing him to someone else is adding to his frustration. 

I think Pete shoot into his foot, and create problem himself, cause he avoids giving a clear answer to Ae's question. In an attempt to do the right thing, he has put the cart before the horse! (and hurt a lot Ae's sensibility):huh:

Just finished watching the Chinese subtitled version, I really like how the storylines developed.

The pace is just right and the acting skills for each actor is pretty much spot on.

Can does irritate me initially, but after watching his scenes, you get used to him as this is how he is supposed to be written - a clueless and hyperactive/talkative person.

I am very interested in Tin's backstory, I am sure something must have happened which resulted him to be such a cold and unsociable person.

And also, till now, I am not that interested in Techno/Kengkla and Tum/Tar's storylines. Probably because there is nothing much being flashed out so far.

And one last thing, I am interested to know who is Type's love interest. Not sure if they are keeping him offscreen.

English subs are available

Enjoy

Episode 5 subbed 24/08/18
1/4
https://tv.line.me/embed/3933930 
2/4
https://tv.line.me/embed/3933931  
3/4
https://tv.line.me/embed/3933950  
4/4
https://tv.line.me/embed/3933980 
6 minutes ago, midnightbottle said:

And one last thing, I am interested to know who is Type's love interest. Not sure if they are keeping him offscreen.

I was wondering the same thing :)

Archived