[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

1 hour ago, midnightbottle said:

And one last thing, I am interested to know who is Type's love interest. Not sure if they are keeping him offscreen.

What if they cast New Thitipoom as his boyfriend. It'll be funny, him going back to his 'old boyfriend'. :lol:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's because they have their own book... Someone mentioned there were about 4 or them? And I'm pretty sure I saw one for Type and Tharn... MAybe they don't want to bring him in now if they are planning his story for the future. LBC is successful right now. If they save his story and keep us in suspense, we may want to see it in the future.

How refreshing it was to see Ae's insecurities in this episode. Usually it's Pete with his self-pitying, but Ae truly is a remarkable character.

When he said "But i'm not handsome" you could definitely tell that this was coming from him being self-conscious about his height, probably for being made fun off by others. 

And Ae's last part in the canteen "I don't like it when you push me to like someone else" it's so poignant. It shows that he now is sure of his feelings for Pete, because in the car scene he said something along the lines of "I might like more than a friend." and that he wasn't sure about it, but here, it's different. He knows he cares for Pete and wants to know if Pete cares for him in the same way. 

Omg , Can reminds me so much of my nephew who has ADHD...The talking fast, changing subjects UGG it can be endearing and annoying. But question....If he is older than his sister Ley, why is she in college? or is she in High School? Seems like she's in high school based on her uniform...So chompoo also is in High school since she called Ae, P....but how are they in the same university campus? Or is it tat the High School has a building there? Just wondering how it was possible for her to meet Ae in school. Seems like it would have made more sense for them to have met through Can and his sister. 

I can't wait for next episode! I've become trash thanks to this drama. 

3 hours ago, midnightbottle said:

And one last thing, I am interested to know who is Type's love interest. Not sure if they are keeping him offscreen.

On the character "cheat sheet" floating around this forum, Type's boyfriend was the only space that had a '?' instead of a photo, leading me to believe he isn't casted and only appears as someone on the other end of a phone conversation, etc.

2 hours ago, baw74 said:

On the character "cheat sheet" floating around this forum, Type's boyfriend was the only space that had a '?' instead of a photo, leading me to believe he isn't casted and only appears as someone on the other end of a phone conversation, etc.

That's what I thought too. Maybe they don't want to flood the show with another gay couple. LOL.

Hello I'm a newbie from France. 

Sotus is my favorite BL story but I really love "love by chance" that's why I decided to subscribe today. 

I really liked the eps 5, it goes deeper into our fav character's psychology.

Ae, it seems he thought of himself as an asexual, that's why he said " is it possible for me to like someone?" With the awakening, he seemed to awake about his looks too. Like before, he wasn't never interested by anyone so he didn't bother about his look. Now he started to think that size matters... Short is not and handsome standard for men. Before he didn't seem to care about this.

He is also quit lost, he never dated before, he kissed Pete but Pete told him he didn't know what he felt about Ae too. He was doing really fine when he was courting Pete when he wasn't aware of his feelings. Now he knows, he is showing some insecurities. It's great. 

He was already upset about Pete liking Pond, but now he met Tin , the very handsome and cold friend lol. I loved the glaring contest between Tin and Ae. Ae glared at Tin but it wasn't the same than he addressed to Pond in eps 4. He showed more insecurities while glaring at Tin the very handsome and cold friend. LOL. I bet that he looked at Tin and he felt Tin was so tall , and handsome...

Pete, he is so kind, shy and he has a lot of trauma. First even if he admitted to himself he is gay, even if he outed to his mother and she accepted him,  he is still in conflict with himself being gay. He still thinks he is not normal and doesn't deserve happiness... With this logic in mind, of course he wants Ae to be happy and being happy is being straight in his mind. 

He wants to dream and hope Ae could like him but in reality he doesn't want that the man he loves to be gay ... Because he wants Ae to be happy and he has no right to love and hold back Ae or keep him to himself because of this logic. 

We don't know about Pete's dad? I wonder if there is a trouble with his dad. 

Pete is also scarred by Trump , he had been physically and mentally abused by him. To make it worse his best friend Tin, seemed to get a similar past ( I bet Pete knows, that why he is dealing with Tin 's behavior ). 

Pete seem to trust Tin and be more himself with Tin. We witnessed he even got pissed at Tin in today's eps. When he asked Ae to not talk to the police, he asked Tin to do some criminal research about Trump. It looks like Pete is not done with Trump's case either.

Of course he didn't tell Tin about what Trump did, because I think Tin would be able to kill Trump on the spot in a vicious and coldly calmer  way ( not like Ae, lol the completely opposite. in character. ). 

I love Tin and Pete's friendship. 

I wonder if Tin hadn't be betrayed by his brother. When he talked about if a brother can steal his own brother.... When a family 's member betrayed you it's much more harder to trust a stranger after. 

I can't wait to Tin and Can to start ^^. 

About Champoo, I like her. The girl is young but brave and she is like Ae, she is straightforward for sure. She met Ae by chance,  and Ae helped her too. It's the same circumstances. The girl is clueless about Ae being gay ( even Ae seemed still being clueless about the fact lol ).

I can see her being a good friend to Ae because she is the same type, a straightforward girl. I can see how she can help Ae in the future. I can already see that unlike Pond , she won't be "afraid " to talk frankly to Ae. Just like Tin talks frankly to Pete. I can't wait for her to realize her crush is one sided and to become a true best friend to Ae. 

Well, i love the series, can't wait for eps 6

The things I liked about this episode:

-Insecure Ae. It's nice to see him have doubts and insecurities. It makes him even more endearing.

-Jealous Pete because even the nice guy has some bad moments

-Serious Pond even if it was for roughly 2 seconds. This girl has her work cut out for her. :lol: I mean that as a compliment. Also helpful Pond because he was a big help too.

-A moping Pete and he does it so well too. It just makes it more clear how much Pete likes Ae and even though we know he's going to be chosen in the end a little angst does the heart good.

-For some reason I like P'Money and the way he just goes for Tin even though he knows he will be rejected. It's like he feels Tin is a safe bet because he knows where he stands lmfao...

-Hyper Can... I just think he's cute. For some reason my ADHD kids are always my favorites in school. 

-Ae and Can really do come across like younger versions of Type and Techno :grin:

-Can's sister is my spirit animal

-Pete and his mom have such a wonderful relationship. I look forward to the episode where they have dinner or lunch or whatever.

Things I didn't like:

-Chompoo's voice because damn girl... I see now what everyone means after watching this properly on my laptop.

-The scene with Type and Tum though I mostly think it's because I don't quite grasp something here. Why does Type constantly need to confront Tum when they never dated? He now has Tharn right but was Type dating Tarr or was Tharn dating Tarr and why are there so many Tees because they are messing me up! lol sorry. Mini rant.

24 minutes ago, pupuce said:

Hello I'm a newbie from France. 

Sotus is my favorite BL story but I really love "love by chance" that's why I decided to subscribe today. 

I really liked the eps 5, it goes deeper into our fav character's psychology.

Ae, it seems he thought of himself as an asexual, that's why he said " is it possible for me to like someone?" With the awakening, he seemed to awake about his looks too. Like before, he wasn't never interested by anyone so he didn't bother about his look. Now he started to think that size matters... Short is not and handsome standard for men. Before he didn't seem to care about this.

He is also quit lost, he never dated before, he kissed Pete but Pete told him he didn't know what he felt about Ae too. He was doing really fine when he was courting Pete when he wasn't aware of his feelings. Now he knows, he is showing some insecurities. It's great. 

He was already upset about Pete liking Pond, but now he met Tin , the very handsome and cold friend lol. I loved the glaring contest between Tin and Ae. Ae glared at Tin but it wasn't the same than he addressed to Pond in eps 4. He showed more insecurities while glaring at Tin the very handsome and cold friend. LOL. I bet that he looked at Tin and he felt Tin was so tall , and handsome...

Pete, he is so kind, shy and he has a lot of trauma. First even if he admitted to himself he is gay, even if he outed to his mother and she accepted him,  he is still in conflict with himself being gay. He still thinks he is not normal and doesn't deserve happiness... With this logic in mind, of course he wants Ae to be happy and being happy is being straight in his mind. 

He wants to dream and hope Ae could like him but in reality he doesn't want that the man he loves to be gay ... Because he wants Ae to be happy and he has no right to love and hold back Ae or keep him to himself because of this logic. 

We don't know about Pete's dad? I wonder if there is a trouble with his dad. 

Pete is also scarred by Trump , he had been physically and mentally abused by him. To make it worse his best friend Tin, seemed to get a similar past ( I bet Pete knows, that why he is dealing with Tin 's behavior ). 

Pete seem to trust Tin and be more himself with Tin. We witnessed he even got pissed at Tin in today's eps. When he asked Ae to not talk to the police, he asked Tin to do some criminal research about Trump. It looks like Pete is not done with Trump's case either.

Of course he didn't tell Tin about what Trump did, because I think Tin would be able to kill Trump on the spot in a vicious and coldly calmer  way ( not like Ae, lol the completely opposite. in character. ). 

I love Tin and Pete's friendship. 

I wonder if Tin hadn't be betrayed by his brother. When he talked about if a brother can steal his own brother.... When a family 's member betrayed you it's much more harder to trust a stranger after. 

I can't wait to Tin and Can to start ^^. 

About Champoo, I like her. The girl is young but brave and she is like Ae, she is straightforward for sure. She met Ae by chance,  and Ae helped her too. It's the same circumstances. The girl is clueless about Ae being gay ( even Ae seemed still being clueless about the fact lol ).

I can see her being a good friend to Ae because she is the same type, a straightforward girl. I can see how she can help Ae in the future. I can already see that unlike Pond , she won't be "afraid " to talk frankly to Ae. Just like Tin talks frankly to Pete. I can't wait for her to realize her crush is one sided and to become a true best friend to Ae. 

Well, i love the series, can't wait for eps 6

Welcome and I love this breakdown. :heart:

12 minutes ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

The scene with Type and Tum though I mostly think it's because I don't quite grasp something here. Why does Type constantly need to confront Tum when they never dated? He now has Tharn right but was Type dating Tarr or was Tharn dating Tarr and why are there so many Tees because they are messing me up! lol sorry. Mini rant.

If i remember right Type and Tharn are dating. Tum's brother (step brother) Tarr was either dating or was in love with Tharn. Something happened between them, but it's not clear what yet, and that caused Tarr to go overseas. That's as much as i can work out so far. I'm just hoping that what happened between them wasn't anything nasty. 

22 hours ago, baw74 said:

And Aey's frustration is with feeling that Pete doesn't believe him, or something akin to that.

Yep

22 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I also think it's Pete's reluctance to tell Ae how he really feels combined with pushing him to someone else is adding to his frustration.

Yep

22 hours ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

Usually Deltos delivers this but I thought i would this time since I usually pass by to read Lazy's opinions. 

This explains so much to me. Pete's feelings of being inadequate and Ae's frustration is really clear.

Dude however it arrives...it's all good.

21 hours ago, baw74 said:

I hear ya, and I am anticipating that scene, too. But dang, this is the first show in a long time that I can remember sitting back and enjoying every part of it as it comes. Even the "annoying" scenes I am enjoying. Such a well done show...

That it might even become your new #1 ?:P

4 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

If i remember right Type and Tharn are dating. Tum's brother (step brother) Tarr was either dating or was in love with Tharn. Something happened between them, but it's not clear what yet, and that caused Tarr to go overseas. That's as much as i can work out so far. I'm just hoping that what happened between them wasn't anything nasty. 

I believe it was...:tears:

Daymn..y'all crank out 3 pages in day....saw the " raw"..but went  to " go see man about a dog" and just got home and watched the subbed...impressive..

1 minute ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Ok, i was hoping it wasn't. I'm assuming Tarr didn't "volunteer" to go overseas, but was sent to avoid some kind of scandal. That's what usually happens in some Asian families. 

There's scene in one of the trailers...kinda says it all..it's going to be interesting when he gets back.

25 minutes ago, deltos said:

I believe it was...:tears:

Daymn..y'all crank out 3 pages in day....saw the " raw"..but went  to " go see man about a dog" and just got home and watched the subbed...impressive..

I loved it despite what her name being in it. I still think she a bit to forward for someone that Ae's just met. Maybe my standards are a little to high? -_- 

1 minute ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I loved it despite what her name being in it. I still think she a bit to forward for someone that Ae's just met. Maybe my standards are a little to high? -_- 

I just take it that she's a lovestruck high school girl that is a bit inexperienced. She didn't even ask if he was single.

Pete's reaction is, I guess, believable for the character. But I gotta think most folks in Pete's position would have reacted like Pond.

Ae is adorable about it. The look on his face of "what the f....???"  :lol:

Archived