[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

26 minutes ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

Cried so bad at episode 48 when Xiao Xia died and confessed herself to Yuan Chong... 

And when CY told BQ to forget him... my heart... :tears:

I know! I’m not really invested in Xiao Xia’s character, but I was all teary-eyed watching that part:(

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@themarchioness Same here - I am planning to re-watch as well. Period dramas in raw are more difficult for me to understand than modern so I have been re-watching them in eng subs anyway.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Spoiler

Sigh... Strangely, out of all the people who has died and expected to die, I think I would be the most sad if DFS' character was written-off just like that at the well scene. Even though he was annoying at times, you can really see in his eyes that he did truly care for BQ. Also, it pretty much sounds like his grandfather dictated his life so it is hard to blame DFS for how he is.

On a different note, I am glad that scene in the intro has yet to be seen! After everything the couple has been through, I really do not want BQ's misunderstanding of CY to last all the way to the well scene so please let it come before it, not after. Crossing my fingers.

4 hours ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

Cried so bad at episode 48 when Xiao Xia died and confessed herself to Yuan Chong... 

And when CY told BQ to forget him... my heart... :tears:

Because I refuse to watch the whole ep can you please tell me roughly which minute  in ep 48? I will go straight to it. Thank you.

I am not going to watch from ep 34. And am only going to watch YL qnd Dansha. And the absolute ending... if there is any OTP that is.

33 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Because I refuse to watch the whole ep can you please tell me roughly which minute  in ep 48? I will go straight to it. Thank you.

I am not going to watch from ep 34. And am only going to watch YL qnd Dansha. And the absolute ending... if there is any OTP that is.

If you mean Xiao Xia it’s starting at 19:41 and if you mean CY/BQ it’s at 38:26!

also... my friend sent me this few days ago and said they were together irl lol. Is it true? Omg

@ayleenlovesyou Ariel Lin is married. That video clip is most likely for commercial...as you can see their sponsor is on the wallpaper behind them. I know a lot of people are rooting for HBQ and DFS. I guess they're more comfortable with each other because they're both taiwanese and/or knows each other? I'm not familiar with Austin Lin (playing Dong Fang Shi). I'm not a chinese speaker  so I'm not sure what this interview is really about. 

4 minutes ago, Vang Xiong said:

@ayleenlovesyou Ariel Lin is married. That video clip is most likely for commercial...as you can see their sponsor is on the wallpaper behind them. I know a lot of people are rooting for HBQ and DFS. I guess they're more comfortable with each other because they're both taiwanese and/or knows each other? I'm not familiar with Austin Lin (playing Dong Fang Shi). I'm not a chinese speaker  so I'm not sure what this interview is really about. 

Yes lol I was like but isn’t Ariel married already lol okok now things are clarified! Thank you! I just watched a bit of the video lol and at a moment they took each other hand, I didn’t really pay attention and didn’t watch the full video thooo also I’m not a fan of DFS so I don’t ship them irl lmao, I’m more like into a CY/BQ irl hahahaha. Not gonna happen tho.

Haha, that's a cute interview.  It starts off with them talking about the Ford commercial they filmed (the one that serendipity1974 posted above), then moves onto more personal questions.  At 1:44 Ariel talks about her baby making plans, and at 2:45 they ask Austin whether he has anyone special to spend Valentine's Day with and he says he has to work that day.

2 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

@themarchioness Same here - I am planning to re-watch as well. Period dramas in raw are more difficult for me to understand than modern so I have been re-watching them in eng subs anyway.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Hide contents

Sigh... Strangely, out of all the people who has died and expected to die, I think I would be the most sad if DFS' character was written-off just like that at the well scene. Even though he was annoying at times, you can really see in his eyes that he did truly care for BQ. Also, it pretty much sounds like his grandfather dictated his life so it is hard to blame DFS for how he is.

On a different note, I am glad that scene in the intro has yet to be seen! After everything the couple has been through, I really do not want BQ's misunderstanding of CY to last all the way to the well scene so please let it come before it, not after. Crossing my fingers.

i totally agree with you on DFS.  i am hoping that 

Spoiler

because he is a doctor and a martial arts expert, he do that thing to stop the blood from flowing out (you know how in cdramas, they hit some pressure points on the body so they have time to heal....)

i would like to see him as emperor (that would suck if the current one made it thru the series unscathed) and then CY and BQ could live in peace without the pressure on chen yu to become emperor

49 minutes ago, achng said:

Haha, that's a cute interview.  It starts off with them talking about the Ford commercial they filmed (the one that serendipity1974 posted above), then moves onto more personal questions.  At 1:44 Ariel talks about her baby making plans, and at 2:45 they ask Austin whether he has anyone special to spend Valentine's Day with and he says he has to work that day.

Right, I just watched it until the end. Lmao, made me laugh at the end when they asked if her husband was watching the drama and if he was jealous loooool and then she answered she made so many dramas alrdy, why would he even be jealous lol

@biancardi

Spoiler

Haha...the classic C-drama pressure points! I miss those!! I guess if CY can survive numerous sword wounds and a stab in the chest maybe DFS will too. We shall see...

I go back and forth on who should be emperor in the end. I do think DFS would make a better emperor, but with the way the story is going heading into the close, I am just not sure if it will play out that way. But hey...the drama has been somewhat unpredictable...so maybe DFS as emperor shouldn't be fully ruled out. I am not fan of the current emperor either based on how he plays people as pawns and his thing with LQW makes me  absolutely cringe (shudders).

Is there a point in living when everyone you love is dead? Is it a philosophical Chinese mindset that I miss while learning about the Chinese culture?

Not being sarcastic. I seriously have no clue why it happens drama after drama. Writers write things that sell. So obviously death and suffering sells

Why?

And uh yeah finished watching the Xiao Xia part. I am pissed off. Since I expected one secondary couple happy ending. Especially since YL is almost certain to be killed.

Do we HAVE another happy couple?

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Is there a point in living when everyone you love is dead? Is it a philosophical Chinese mindset that I miss while learning about the Chinese culture?

Not being sarcastic. I seriously have no clue why it happens drama after drama. Writers write things that sell. So obviously death and suffering sells

Why?

And uh yeah finished watching the Xiao Xia part. I am pissed off. Since I expected one secondary couple happy ending. Especially since YL is almost certain to be killed.

Do we HAVE another happy couple?

it is frustrating for sure.  lately some of the newer dramas are not like that (lots of suffering, but the body count from the good guy team isn’t that high), but this one is a classic cdrama throwback

my first intro to cdramas was actually thru movies back in the early 2000’s, such as hero, house of flying daggers, etc.  i would be so upset at the endings and wonder why this had to be so melodramatic 

it is a common theme but i think even chinese audiences want a happy ending now and then.  i noticed that films made under yang mi have good endings with not that many people dying. 

Here are some clips from upcoming episodes 50 &  51:

Spoiler

Episode 50 - Part 1 & Part 2 - Looks like DFS gets injured and instead of taking the opportunity to run away, BQ stays to help treat him.  This makes DFS happy even as she asks him to let her go. 

Episode 51 - Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3 - Looks like they're saving the wedding (and MM's interruption of the wedding) for the very last episode.  As we know the Biluotian scenes happen immediately after that, I think we may presume they are going to play the final conflict up until the very end. Yeesh.  Will we get just one happy look of them together before the final curtain? 

I don't know what episode these clips will come from (50 or 51), but (spoilers) :

Spoiler

Part 1 & Part 2 - Not Commander Han, too!  :tears: And MRF... once again turning his back on BQ for his own personal agenda.  

To make up for the last two videos, here's a cute BTS of the "Playing with Fire" scene.  Look at those cute expressions on ZBB's face at the end.  Hee hee hee! 

@themarchioness

thanks for your recaps! They are very well done and I felt like I was reading a story book :)

they got me thru some eps I skipped cos I just couldn’t take the angst...hehe

maybe cos I have yet to catch up on the recent eps but where did the fruit eating scene in your post above appear? They certainly are looking fabulously chummy. Thanks!

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Here are some clips from upcoming episodes 50 &  51:

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 50 - Part 1 & Part 2 - Looks like DFS gets injured and instead of taking the opportunity to run away, BQ stays to help treat him.  This makes DFS happy even as she asks him to let her go. 

Episode 51 - Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3 - Looks like they're saving the wedding (and MM's interruption of the wedding) for the very last episode.  As we know the Biluotian scenes happen immediately after that, I think we may presume they are going to play the final conflict up until the very end. Yeesh.  Will we get just one happy look of them together before the final curtain? 

I don't know what episode these clips will come from (50 or 51), but (spoilers) :

Reveal hidden contents

Part 1 & Part 2 - Not Commander Han, too!  :tears: And MRF... once again turning his back on BQ for his own personal agenda.  

To make up for the last two videos, here's a cute BTS of the "Playing with Fire" scene.  Look at those cute expressions on ZBB's face at the end.  Hee hee hee! 

Eps 48, 49  made my heart ache. Looking forward to watching the final 2 eps! If only there will be  a happy epilogue, even if it's only 5 minutes of BQ/CY's happy life together and not a 1-2 sec reunion. :)

57 minutes ago, rocat said:

@themarchioness

thanks for your recaps! They are very well done and I felt like I was reading a story book :)

they got me thru some eps I skipped cos I just couldn’t take the angst...hehe

maybe cos I have yet to catch up on the recent eps but where did the fruit eating scene in your post above appear? They certainly are looking fabulously chummy. Thanks!

I'm glad you've enjoyed the recaps and found them helpful.  As for the fruit eating scene you mentioned.... not sure which scene you are describing.  Are you referring to the one where they're drinking wine and "playing with fire"?  That was in Ep 44.  

Archived