Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

10 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Re: new man in preview.

Reveal hidden contents

DFS's main reason for allowing CY to join his camp is the recognition that CY is a royal with family members, and he hopes CY will be able to his extended family over to his side.  In episode 49, DFS gives CY his first task - a test of loyalty, he calls it.  He wants CY to visit his maternal uncle (along with MRF and Yun Lang) and either persuade him to join DFS's side or kill him.  So far, CY's uncle has been resistant to DFS and all his powers of persuasion.  

From the previews, it looks like CY's maternal uncle attacks them immediately on sight due to his unwillingness to join DFS's side and in showing him the seal in his hand, I'm going to guess that CY is secretly signaling to him that he's actually still affiliated with the emperor and to stop hacking away at them.  (When DFS told CY what he wanted him to do, CY had described it as a suicide mission because there would only be the three of them against his uncle and his uncle's army.  At that time, DFS responded that he'd better persuade his uncle then.  Therefore, the attack shown in the preview would make sense based on that earlier conversation.)

There's a BTS video that I think shows the uncle (it's fuzzy, but pretty sure it's the uncle) helping CY to walk.  Not sure what's going on there, but it suggests that CY is injured, don't you think?  CY also meets with Yun Lang and Dan Sha, and I assume they're meeting to work out their plans there.  

Thanks @themarchioness!

Spoiler

The preview with his uncle totally makes sense now. To be honest, I am still scratching my head at the fact that DFS could even think that CY (now his uncle) would really switch alliance and be loyal to him.

Yes, in the BTS...I also see it is the uncle who appears to helping an injured CY. It is nice to see that he will have family to help him. Hopefully, the uncle will not die too doing so.

4 hours ago, biancardi said:

wow so CY is still 

Reveal hidden contents

loyal to that horrible emperor?  i thought he would be smarter than that

Spoiler

Seriously right? I am not happy with the emperor, but he supposedly has what CY wants in exchange. Plus, given how deeply loyal CY is as a person, no matter how horrible the emperor is, I do not think CY would ever betray his royal uncle or do anything to harm the throne.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Thanks @themarchioness!

Reveal hidden contents

The preview with his uncle totally makes sense now. To be honest, I am still scratching my head at the fact that DFS could even think that CY (now his uncle) would really switch alliance and be loyal to him.

Yes, in the BTS...I also see it is the uncle who appears to helping an injured CY. It is nice to see that he will have family to help him. Hopefully, the uncle will not die too doing so.

Hide contents

Seriously right? I am not happy with the emperor, but he supposedly has what CY wants in exchange. Plus, given how deeply loyal CY is as a person, no matter how horrible the emperor is, I do not think CY would ever betray his royal uncle or do anything to harm the throne.

that is a major flaw in CY then.  I hope that he changes his mind, because there are some things one should not be loyal too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, biancardi said:

that is a major flaw in CY then.  I hope that he changes his mind, because there are some things one should not be loyal too.

Spoiler

CY's loyalty is probably his biggest strength yet also his weakness. He knows that the emperor does not trust him and puts him through all these tests yet he remains loyal to him. A reason why I do not think CY would change alliance is since he was demoted to Dong Ping County prince, while knowing that the emperor doubted him about his ambitions, all he wanted to do was to resolve Biluotian for the sake of the emperor's peace of mind that his empire will no longer be threatened by it. To change his mind now to me would prove to emperor that his doubts about CY was right all along. In all honesty, I do not think the emperor is that bad. If he was a tyrant and the common people were mistreated or suffering then I would really want the emperor to be overthrown. I just dislike the emperor's side story LQW. Although he has been influenced by BJF, I could tell that emperor does not fully trust him by the way that BJF has betrayed CY given that they are childhood friends.

Speaking of flaws though...I see many with with how the storyline has progressed, but I know it's a drama so I will just sit back and watch (lol).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taeunfighting said:
  Reveal hidden contents

CY's loyalty is probably his biggest strength yet also his weakness. He knows that the emperor does not trust him and puts him through all these tests yet he remains loyal to him. A reason why I do not think CY would change alliance is since he was demoted to Dong Ping County prince, while knowing that the emperor doubted him about his ambitions, all he wanted to do was to resolve Biluotian for the sake of the emperor's peace of mind that his empire will no longer be threatened by it. To change his mind now to me would prove to emperor that his doubts about CY was right all along. In all honesty, I do not think the emperor is that bad. If he was a tyrant and the common people were mistreated or suffering then I would really want the emperor to be overthrown. I just dislike the emperor's side story LQW. Although he has been influenced by BJF, I could tell that emperor does not fully trust him by the way that BJF has betrayed CY given that they are childhood friends.

Speaking of flaws though...I see many with with how the storyline has progressed, but I know it's a drama so I will just sit back and watch (lol).

looking back on the earlier episodes, there were conversations about how the high taxes and how the people were suffering under this emperor.  The way he treated Yun Lang's family was a good example of his poor judgement.  So, I do think he is a bad emperor who doesn't care about his people that much.   

Spoiler

Chen Yu just doesn't have aspirations to be emperor at all, so it is easy for him to go off to Dong Ping.  He wanted to resolve the Biluotian issue, as he didn't want Buqi to be sacrificed  as he knew at that time, she would be.   I felt it was more about protecting Buqi, than being loyal to the emperor.  He was fine going off to an obscure place as he wouldn't have to deal with "office politics" anymore (my take on it)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, biancardi said:

looking back on the earlier episodes, there were conversations about how the high taxes and how the people were suffering under this emperor.  The way he treated Yun Lang's family was a good example of his poor judgement.  So, I do think he is a bad emperor who doesn't care about his people that much.   

Hide contents

Chen Yu just doesn't have aspirations to be emperor at all, so it is easy for him to go off to Dong Ping.  He wanted to resolve the Biluotian issue, as he didn't want Buqi to be sacrificed  as he knew at that time, she would be.   I felt it was more about protecting Buqi, than being loyal to the emperor.  He was fine going off to an obscure place as he wouldn't have to deal with "office politics" anymore (my take on it)

@biancardi, Yes, agree with you on that one. Right from the get go, all CY wanted to do was to protect BQ as he didn't want her to be a tool for the Biluotian saga. Later, it became about protecting her (and her identity as the Biluotian saint) and bringing his master's and master's sister's ashes back to Biluotian and lock up the place forever (Ep 44). That's why he hid the two items in the lodge in the woods and did not hand them in to the emperor..

• Like 4

@biancardi @serendipity1974 

Spoiler

When the Biluotian matter become more complicated and it was evident that BQ's life was in danger, I agree with you both that the storyline evolved to CY only wanting to protect BQ and not handing the objects to the emperor. My point with mentioning CY's initial plan to help the emperor resolve the Biluotian matter was in the context that I also think CY would not betray the emperor by changing alliance and help DFS to gain the throne. Also, I agree that emperor is not a good one, but in my opinion, I don't think that he is that horrible where if the drama ended with him sustaining the throne, I would be totally be upset, but that's just me. The drama has not ended yet so with so many twists and turns who knows what will happen on Tuesday.

• Like 2

For those that were wondering, here are some newly released GIF's to help answer the questions above:

Spoiler

CY meets with BQ and tells her that Grandfather Zhu is still alive.  The emperor will release him after CY defeats DFS and MM

005to4N2ly1g0qq8yshzgj30ne14q0xv.jpg

005to4N2ly1g0qqa1sbw0g30de07bb2a.gif

005to4N2ly1g0qq8z2r78j30no1560wd.jpg

005to4N2ly1g0qq8zcju5j30n822n7bu.jpg

To be honest, I've become rather annoyed at BQ's character since midway through this drama so I'm only finishing to find out what happens to everyone else-_-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Hide contents

Yeah, our guesses re: Yun Lang and Dan Sha have been based on the scene in the intro credits with the bloody hands.  

And very interesting re: book!  That does make it especially disappointing to know that they changed that aspect for the drama.  I don't mind if a drama departs from its original source if it's a change for the better, but it's hard to see how XX dying would be for the better . . . I wonder what the thought process was behind that decision.  Also, when the drama is over, I hope you (and others who've read the book) wouldn't mind sharing some of the differences between the drama and novel.  I'm most curious!  

Yes happy to share after the drama is over!

Some preview I found

Spoiler

http://t.cn/EISzIh1

This shows BQ agreeing to marry DFS. In it she mentions that her granddad is dead and the most important thing to her now is to rebuild Zhu Manor. Just wondering if this comes before CY reveals the truth to her or if she's just acting. 

(Edit: Just saw another post that mentions she is acting so that CY's plan will work.)

On another note, as much as I'm not a fan of DFS' character and his methods in showing his love for BQ, I do believe he is sincere. Which makes it sad to see him so earnest and happy about the marriage. 

Can't believe everything will come to an end tomorrow!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, vtxy said:

Yes happy to share after the drama is over!

Some preview I found

Reveal hidden contents

http://t.cn/EISzIh1

This shows BQ agreeing to marry DFS. In it she mentions that her granddad is dead and the most important thing to her now is to rebuild Zhu Manor. Just wondering if this comes before CY reveals the truth to her or if she's just acting. 

(Edit: Just saw another post that mentions she is acting so that CY's plan will work.)

On another note, as much as I'm not a fan of DFS' character and his methods in showing his love for BQ, I do believe he is sincere. Which makes it sad to see him so earnest and happy about the marriage. 

Can't believe everything will come to an end tomorrow!

I would love to know about the novel too so I'm looking forward to it...thanks @vtxy!

Spoiler

I'm glad there's a possibility that BQ was playing along for the sake of CY's plan. To be honest, I was quite bothered that she doubted CY so quickly. Also, it would make sense because she had wanted CY to continue his act and play it all out to the end. Not sure though if at one point that things do not appear as part of the act anymore.

I'm with you on DFS. His character makes me feel so conflicted.

Same here. I can't believe everything ends tomorrow. Not sure if I'm happy or sad about it.

12 hours ago, achng said:

For those that were wondering, here are some newly released GIF's to help answer the questions above:

Reveal hidden contents

CY meets with BQ and tells her that Grandfather Zhu is still alive.  The emperor will release him after CY defeats DFS and MM

To be honest, I've become rather annoyed at BQ's character since midway through this drama so I'm only finishing to find out what happens to everyone else-_-

Totally agree! At this point, half of the characters annoy me. I'm just continuing because I've invested too much time.

If BQ knew and was just playing along, then the director and whomever are doing a horrible job of delivering that message. I hate, hate, hate when they do flashbacks - it's so disruptive to the story. Plus, given the type of show, do we really need to make our own assumptions or come up with our own answers to rationalize the story? I would hope not. 

• Like 1

Ugggh, I just read the chinese wiki character outline of this series

Spoiler

it does state that DFS gets accidentally killed by his grandfather :(  That blows 

I feel inexplicably sad about this. Such a great character and he dies by the well?  that's it?  Jeez...  Just when they were making him sympathetic and likable.  I kinda knew he had to die because his love for BQ couldn't exist in the same time-space continuum as Chen Yu's, but I am hurt by this. 

I hope that was a BAD edit on the page as they do not go into the ending for  other characters.  I know when Ming Lan's wiki page was up, there was a lot of bad information on the wiki page until the series was completed. 

16 hours ago, achng said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree...

I don't know why I got annoyed by her.

As for CY, his noble idiocy and loyalty are something to be expected during this time frame, so there.

Maybe so's BQ's tendency to be a damsel in distress. 

Maybe I expected BQ to eventually learn martial arts or something and not just be street smart.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, biancardi said:

Ugggh, I just read the chinese wiki character outline of this series

Reveal hidden contents

it does state that DFS gets accidentally killed by his grandfather :(  That blows 

I feel inexplicably sad about this. Such a great character and he dies by the well?  that's it?  Jeez...  Just when they were making him sympathetic and likable.  I kinda knew he had to die because his love for BQ couldn't exist in the same time-space continuum as Chen Yu's, but I am hurt by this. 

I hope that was a BAD edit on the page as they do not go into the ending for  other characters.  I know when Ming Lan's wiki page was up, there was a lot of bad information on the wiki page until the series was completed. 

@biancardi :(

Spoiler

If the above about DFS is proven true for the drama (which it appears so based on the previews), I was told he had a much different outcome in the novel. When the drama is finished, I am hoping those who have read it can share with us.

I am going to be so sad when it all ends tomorrow. I can't remember the last time a drama has had me so hooked.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

@biancardi :(

Reveal hidden contents

If the above about DFS is proven true for the drama (which it appears so based on the previews), I was told he had a much different outcome in the novel. When the drama is finished, I am hoping those who have read it can share with us.

I am going to be so sad when it all ends tomorrow. I can't remember the last time a drama has had me so hooked.

Me too! I have downloaded the drama and am rewatching everything while waiting for the grand finale. I know I am going to miss this drama, the characters and the discussion on this forum terribly:(

New spoilers were released for the ending today!

Spoiler

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4346515285505875

Looks like our happy ending is going to be a short one :( but I'm glad it's at least a happy ending for our couple! 

I do hope they explain how he lived though. And of course it would be great if the sweet scenes are longer hahaha.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, vtxy said:

Hide contents

Looks like our happy ending is going to be a short one :( but I'm glad it's at least a happy ending for our couple! 

I do hope they explain how he lived though. And of course it would be great if the sweet scenes are longer hahaha.

Happy ending...thats good. Can't wait...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vtxy said:

Hide contents

OMG!!! I’m so excited! Big fat smile on my face as I was watching the clip:D

• Like 1

honestly with 

Spoiler

the body count of characters i like (why did xiaoxia have to die again?) i dont  care anymore about the lead couple.  they lived when so many died for them? 

pffft  as someone stated, what is the purpose of that?

also, that crappy emperor LIVED?  now if he had died, that might have made up

for some of the other deaths 

sorry i i am in a mood.  i hope someone will share the book ending here when it is over, as i need a better ending than the weak tea they are offering up here 

Lin Bai Hai updates his weibo to celebrate the finale for today

izfdv4yJEoP0_5Xg311Of_81M0wKW1tZhwq6zk7C

tTv-aLHNYV0RD17k6uOu3UQxrqwMw5wlb_bYcWhc

Spoiler

I85Rsj0Zze3fThN1ckD8mSKCevbVDFgfUq4jqNQrCvtWHThqUKqpoJ5suO-4wgnny2O3MkaEQrNkAuOO4PvwLN79_C_b9IMylzbT9qopWQxDO21GeyftZtZn9tc1t--eNg1stIaql0DPDJsndlrisZQ82aAm4i9TS3IArJwL4mKuDHLj5Ej4hIQ7dyHJc_I1k7imLSPclO_FqMamr0EetbIxjvP4Cfdd_yV02lG3vEyGQe7wPm9omdWSgbANUDfVVBrGhP6IYAMnF24zNmzu3En_

• Like 2

Eeeep, nervous but excited.  About to take a lunch break to watch the first of the last two episodes.  I can't believe the end is already here...

• Like 2