[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

17 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

If Jay walk studio hadn't got the copyright for TMOPB and released the drama on 2017 then the casting of ELOD would have went according to AL selected company which was penguin(or could been some other one).. then it would have been too late for the fans to even write petition to recast Dilraba and VG when EL haven't been telecast yet..

For someone (AL) who claimed to have loved the novel sure did find ways to screw it up every way possible..

Serendipity at work. :)

The beautiful story of DH and FJ were still played by the most perfect for the roles. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

东华见凤九脸色苍白,逐渐失去意识,左手施法,将自己周身的银光全部施入凤九体内。 东华一下子失去所有的力气,抱着凤九颓然倒地。

Reading this cut scene still angers me...:rage:

I can’t believe it was necessary to cut out 2 lines. I admittedly found nothing weird about Dong Hua’s last words. But I was wondering why Feng Jiu suddenly woke up. Now it all makes sense, so I thank you for the enlightening news.

• Like 7

JH ending scene. It came after ZL brought Jielu and the remaining Biyiniao clan to Qing Qiu.

魔族 赤宏殿 日 内

Demom Realm / Chihong Hall / Day / Interior

姬蘅一副女魔君的打扮,在殿内处理政务。 小艾端上一杯茶。

Zhi Heng dressed in the Demon Queen attire,  handling official affairs in the hall. Xiao Ai serves her a cup of tea.

小艾:小燕魔君又去天族了,他倒是跑得勤。

Xiao Ai : Demon Lord Xiao Yan has gone to the Heavenly clan again. He ran quite diligently.

姬蘅:有他在也好,以后我不会再踏出魔族一步了。

Ji Heng : It's good to have him here. I will never step out of the Demon Realm again.

姬蘅看着远方,一片清明。

Ji Heng looks into the distance with wisdom on her face.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

They added filler JH scenes but downplayed existing FJ scenes as if to level those 2 characters, what was suppose to be "Jh obsession of DH stands nowhere near FJ's unconditional love" became "JH and FJ are both greatest love warriors".. it's really sick and twisted..

If she didn't mix in her personal issues and her skirt story, AL would have been applauded for the effective portrayal of the villainess. The ELOD JH's excessive pointless exposures and cringe inducing filler scene could have been still forgiven. But she stirred the pot by posting herself provocative she as JH views. That earned her disgust from readers and viewers who are clear with her role.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

JH ending scene. It came after ZL brought Jielu and the remaining Biyiniao clan to Qing Qiu.

魔族 赤宏殿 日 内

Zhi Heng dressed in the Demon Queen attire,  handling official affairs in the hall. Xiao Ai serves her a cup of tea.

Xiao Ai : Demon Lord Xiao Yan has gone to the Heavenly clan again. He ran quite diligently.

Ji Heng : It's good to have him here. I will never step out of the Demon Realm again.

姬蘅看着远方,一片清明。

Jin Heng looks into the distance with wisdom on her face.

A more dignified JH if this was followed. But no, change to what would make others mad, it's still more publicity even if it's bad...

• Like 7

3 things I wanna talk about.

1) thanks to @Yori Ten for posting the deleted scripts in their original Chinese forms. Let’s see; we have the deleted consummation, JH’s epilogue, and DH giving FJ his energy. Did I miss anything else?

2) regarding DH’s punishment to JH. I have to admit in the drama, it seemed really horrible for JH. Her crush literally dumped her in front of her brother and suitor, both demon lords, and sentenced her to confinement in a place she was so desperate to escape from, what she termed as Hell, I believe, when Xuyang cornered her and Minsu. But then we get her ending where she has made peace because of Xiao Yan.

3) Was Changdi originally in love with Xize, or did she suddenly develop an interest in him because he was the handsome and youthful-looking Dong Hua? It would have been interesting to see her realize her crush was indeed Dong Hua and that he was interested in “Aranya”.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

魔族 赤宏殿 日 内

姬蘅看着远方,一片清明。

Ji Heng looks into the distance with wisdom on her face.

ELOD had so much potential to beat EL, just because of few silly mistake it lost the best opportunity.. just thinking abt it frustrates me... 

Putting the negatives aside if I have to talk abt positive sides of the drama (just to cheer up my mood) the story of chen ye and aranya was well executed (minus the fillers of few side characters) . Aranyas Phoenix formation and death, Chen ye's heartbreak and ripping off the three seasons was beautifully directed and CGI used for those scene made it look so freaking good...  If they hadn't skipped few dialogues and few moments in the final battle of the drama then DH and FJ interaction could have looked even more Epic with that quality of CGI.. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Megan said:

3) Was Changdi originally in love with Xize, or did she suddenly develop an interest in him because he was the handsome and youthful-looking Dong Hua? It would have been interesting to see her realize her crush was indeed Dong Hua and that he was interested in “Aranya”.

I wondered about that too. I calm down to the conclusion that Aranya's sisters were mainly attracted to 'Xize' because of his high status. 

15 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of random curiosity, can any of you actually imagine Dong Hua kneeling and begging Feng Jiu for forgiveness? I just can’t picture it because of his silver tongue.

Lol what he says, does not mean what he will do. He is more likely to sweet talk and/or act coy to forgiveness.

• Like 8

@Megan @ChibiLy

DH can be a rival to FJ's coquettish ways. :lol: 

To ask forgiveness, he will pout, pull the sleeves, make a little bow. If he's the one who's crossed, he'll cross his arms, nose up in the air, turn away the head with a hmph. :P

If he's really, really, upset, he runs outside and walks under the rain for hours. :sweatingbullets: To make him feel better, a hot bath is in order, and reassurance till kingdom come that he's the only one in the heart forever. :phew:

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

I just realized...in addition to being the only girl who actually retorts back to him and tries to avoid him, in comparison to the likes of his many female admirers, FJ is also probably the only girl who babies DH. We’ve seen the women make food for him, but FJ was the only one who ever told him he can’t eat a pretty toy like he was a toddler....LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, Megan said:

I just realized...in addition to being the only girl who actually retorts back to him and tries to avoid him, in comparison to the likes of his many female admirers, FJ is also probably the only girl who babies DH. We’ve seen the women make food for him, but FJ was the only one who ever told him he can’t eat a pretty toy like he was a toddler....LOL.

FJ is the only one who talks back to even the most powerful and revered. Apart from DH, she also talked back to Buddha. Actually, both of them are the same.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

13 minutes ago, triplesung said:

FJ is the only one who talks back to even the most powerful and revered. Apart from DH, she also talked back to Buddha. Actually, both of them are the same.  

DH stood up the visiting revered Buddha at Tai Chen Palace on the very first day the Fanyin Valley opened. :P He arrives in the school only to realize FJ had set a trap for him to fall into. :lol:

• LOL 7

39 minutes ago, Megan said:

No one else dares to baby him! 

DH would probably kill anyone else who dares to baby him too. 

• LOL 5

3 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

Who are DH Forster parents? I mean which generation do they belong? Are they related to parents of Moyuan? 

The parents of Zhi He. Names aren't mentioned though in the translated text of the book? It's not mentioned either if they're related to MY's parents.

Donghua dazed out and at length replied, “I was a parentless child. In the beginning when I first sprang forth from the Blue Sea, I didn't have enough fairy energy and was at the mercy of wild beasts. Zhihe's parents brought me home in sympathy and raised me up out of good grace. Ninety-thousand years later, just before they passed away, they finally conceived Zhi'he. Since they entrusted her to me, of course I had to care for her...” (PB1, p266)

As for roughly how old is Zhi He, from the time DH has to look after her:

...On the night she was leaving Jiuchongtian, Zhi’he in a red bridal gown came to her. Pretending to be kind, she gently petted her head and said, “I’ve been with foster brother for 90,000 years. He was the one who raised me since the day I was born, and today I am finally going to marry... (PB1, p56)

• Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The parents of Zhi He. Names aren't mentioned though in the translated text of the book? It's not mentioned either if they're related to MY's parents.

Donghua dazed out and at length replied, “I was a parentless child. In the beginning when I first sprang forth from the Blue Sea, I didn't have enough fairy energy and was at the mercy of wild beasts. Zhihe's parents brought me home in sympathy and raised me up out of good grace. Ninety-thousand years later, just before they passed away, they finally conceived Zhi'he. Since they entrusted her to me, of course I had to care for her...” (PB1, p266)

...On the night she was leaving Jiuchongtian, Zhi’he in a red bridal gown came to her. Pretending to be kind, she gently petted her head and said, “I’ve been with foster brother for 90,000 years. He was the one who raised me since the day I was born, and today I am finally going to marry... (PB1, p56)

The mathematics in this universe is mind boggling. :sweatingbullets: it sounds like DH was adopted when he was around 180,000 years old? Or it is way too early for my brain to function properly.:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

22 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I know they are Zhihe parents.. 

But I was curious abt the generation they belonged to and how they came to be the foster parents of DH since DH is clearly older than them, maybe his growing up (from toddler to adult) was slower compared to normal immortals (strictly appearance wise, coz he was way powerful than others) or was he at the age of teenager (like FJ) when he was adopted by them and why did they adopt DH in the first place? Too many unanswered questions!! 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I know they are Zhihe parents.. 

But I was curious abt the generation they belonged to and how they came to be the foster parents of DH since DH is clearly older than them, maybe his growing up (from toddler to adult) was slower compared to normal immortals (strictly appearance wise, coz he was way powerful than others) or was he at the age of teenager (like FJ) when he was adopted by them and why did they adopt DH in the first place? Too many unanswered questions!! 

I feel the next books will touch on that, Mo Yuan's particularly.  :)

What would be Zhi He's parents, one or both must be water deity. Could it be that one or both original form is a dragon?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

The mathematics in this universe is mind boggling. :sweatingbullets: it sounds like DH was adopted when he was around 180,000 years old? Or it is way too early for my brain to function properly.:joy:

Seems so. Haha. My assumption is he was like an almost teen child, and his cultivation is initially very low at almost 200,000 years of age. That's why he was taken in? But when Fushen gave him Bihai Cangling, and started fighting off demons who harassed him, that was when he grew up, physically matured, and advance his cultivation.

• Insightful 3