[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Just now, Donghuadijun said:

And that remind me of plants! :lol:

He is a ball of energy after all so he can grow back anything. However, energy and mass are finite so don't expect him to grow his heart back indefintely though. :tounge_wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, pawla said:

DH said if he had known FJ when she was a maid at Tai Chen Palace his son would be old enough to run errands. I think if he had known her then he would treat her the same like any other women. It was the matured FJ that pique his interest first and how she tried to avoid him at all cost. It was her experiences as a maid and little fox and then in the mortal realm that shaped her as she was now. What do you think, ladies? 

Mmmh I don't think so, remember FJ is the first woman that he found beautiful? Even BQ, I never read or recall being said beautiful by DH.., so yeah if he had known her earlier.. their son would be able run errands by himself and probably has lot of baby foxes around the Taichen Palace already... :P, I don't think our DH is someone who willing to waste time.. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Ha ha ha, imagine if he has to be away for a few hours instead... It would be more hilarious :lol:

He could very well transform  her into hankie and just bring her everywhere he goes. Not that he is not capable of such things.

Hubby used to say that he wished he can keep me in his pockets. Yeah, those early days. Haha..

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

He is a ball of energy after all so he can grow back anything. However, energy and mass are finite so don't expect him to grow his heart back indefintely though. :tounge_wink:

But then if it could, DH probably made a bracelet, necklace and all kind of jewelries out of his heart :lol:, and FJ wear all those would turn her into DH completely herself.. Ha ha ha

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

13 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

He could very well transform  her into hankie and just bring her everywhere he goes. Not that he is not capable of such things.

Hubby used to say that he wished he can keep me in his pockets. Yeah, those early days. Haha..

But he knows that FJ hated being hanky.. She held the grudge for quite a long time because of him turned her into a hanky, so he won't take that risk knowing he just won her heart back :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

7 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Agree, it looks more like a hickey and too big for just a scratch :joy:

Haha, I thought so too. And poor LS, even with a drunken CY giving him a hicky, he still could not create gossips and rumors between them in the 9 heavens. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

14 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Haha, I thought so too. And poor LS, even with a drunken CY giving him a hicky, he still could not create gossips and rumors between them in the 9 heavens. 

He needs to call his gossiper bestie, Si Ming over next time as a witness, and to spread the rumors. :joy:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Never in his wildest dream. He prolly did many good things which moved the heavens and pooled all the best men in the realm and have them all call him FIL. Respect!

Nine-tailed fox clan's magical blood from heart.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

@Yori Ten no need an explanation..the happy smile on LS was very telling..:joy:

He is always smiling when CY is around. He purposely ask CY for help knowing that is a geeat chance to get close to her. He is a romantic, just as much as DH. The beautiful butterfly scenes he created for CY can matched DH's! His story will be told in Lotus Steps and I think he really did something really unredeemable to have CY avoiding him that much. I am avoiding spoilers because I wanted to be surprised. I faintly know what happened but still holding dearly to my spoiler shield. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

DH seem confident about that. Before he said it... he knows FJ is his "one and only" because he already thinking about pros and cons.

DH seemed to be in thoughts as he said, “If I had known you then, my son would be old enough to go out for errands by
now.”

He just know that he would fall in love with her, enough for him to think about having a son with FJ...but my prediction..

Even if they were met back then..and deeply in love with each other , they would've suffered a lot.. no doubt...because they're not mean to be together according to destiny and fate..just like FJ said "ill-fated'.

But DH did care or bother by destiny or fate? I don't think so..more likely he would've keep on trying to make everything done according to his rules solely by his own rules.... nothing impossible to him...Destiny or Fate?? He won't care.. it's seem the Destiny stone's guardian..an elderly fairy knew DH so very well..

Remember DH's quotes..that statement is everything we've could understand about this former "Master of the universe".

So what if Destiny says we're fated, and so what if it says we're not?”
Donghua coldly replied. “I've never feared Destiny, and I certainly don't
need its charity.

Flustered, the elderly fairy placed his palms together and said, “I've heard

Your Majesty has become increasingly indifferent ever since you sought
seclusion from the world. But I've witnessed today that you are still the
same master we once knew
. I apologize that my words have crossed
boundary, but I am very pleased to see you like this.”

My understanding on DH character

As long as he live nothing is impossible to him..even when he don't exist anymore he also can make something possible.. he 

carved his heart to make a ring as a gifted to protect his Xiao Bai

The point in the book though is they never would have met face to face at all until Aranya died. You need to meet in the first place to fall in love.

The beauty of the way she wrote the book is that the heavens were touched by FJ’s act of sacrifice because of her deep love for Dong Hua and the things she had done for him. It then allowed them to actually meet for the first time.

I know he never feared destiny. He truly believed destiny is in your own hands. And the decisions he made after they were together affirms this. 

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

He needs to call his gossiper bestie, Si Ming over next time as a witness, and to spread the rumors. :joy:

Si Ming told him that he was just too obvious, never a suspense so people pay no attention. Which is true because he talks loudly hoping the guards would hear and gossip! Alas, no one bothered. :tounge_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@Katelyn Lana

Oh, I meant her new books on the Xie siblings.

She will write their stories after Bodhi Fate. She said we can expect them within 10 years. Hahaha...

Bodhi Fate appears to be the general English name accepted by the English speaking community. In Chinese of course the meaning is deeper than that. One of the many problems faced by our translation team here. To preserve the actual meaning of a Chinese phrase or word without losing its poetic sentence structure. It is tough!

As one of the translators on this forum, this is a true problem. It can be difficult to translate into the correct context and follow the poetic structure, although for the most part, we are able to convey a decent part of it in English. 

A good example is the one-shots we translated. If we use the wrong context and words, we lose the humorous intent of the story.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

As one of the translators on this forum, this is a true problem. It can be difficult to translate into the correct context and follow the poetic structure, although for the most part, we are able to convey a decent part of it in English. 

A good example is the one-shots we translated. If we use the wrong context and words, we lose the humorous intent of the story.

Stroking the fur being one example. Ahahahahaha....

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

35 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

LS gossip cultivation is not as high as SM yet. He needs to learn from him :lol:

• LOL 6

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Bai Qian used it to preserve Mo Yuan’s

immortal body.

It can also cleanse evil. Like FJ's making ML gone for good. Though FJ had hers supercharged by drinking DH's blood in Aranya's dream.

The Bais got the best bloodline in all realms :)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 4

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It can also cleanse evil. Like FJ's making ML gone for good. Though FJ had hers supercharged by drinking DH's blood in Aranya's dream.

The Bais got the best bloodline in all realms :)

That’s what Zhe Yan said. But their blood is poetic for the purpose of the drama. The show related this parallel to their Aranya and Shen Ye’s counterparts. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1