[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

48 minutes ago, penforella said:

I also think that WJ was infatuated with ZR when they reunited as an adult. And seeing how sweet and gentle she was, he put her in a pedestal and were disillusioned when she stabbed him

You know johnny depp once said “If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one. Because if you truly loved the first one, you wouldn’t love another. 

that's why i said after meeting ZM, ZZR was sort of forgotten. ZM has awaken the man inside the boy 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Potential break ups count

1. How about the fight on eps 50 where she throw away the wooden hairpin?

2. When she left before the wedding, she kind of cry and stand alone by the river. Is this breakup also?

3. When she considered dead and WJ grieved over her by the grave, i think this is breakup by ZM decision.

4. How about we go back to snake island, when WJ decided not to proceed the kiss? Telling her, when they return to the mainland they are enemies better keep distance with each other. 

Wow so many breakups moments for the couple. I guess this is the reason why we can move on. There's not enough closure for our hearts.

Wow, you should see ZM style, wardrobe and attitude when she 'welcome' the 6 main righteous sects in Lin An temple so much girl power in her there. I think it's on eps 27

Indeed, so many breakups hahaha....

1st breakup  > snake island on the beach

2nd breakup > by the river

3rd breakup >  WJ and ZR getting marry

4th breakup > return to Mongols, threw hairpin

WJ mentioned three women in the drama resembled his mom 

MM  > beautiful

A Li >  her eyes and smiles

XZ   >  singing

Sorry ZR, WJ never mention anything about you.:lol:

• LOL 2

I also think that WJ did have a crush toward ZR at the earlier episodes, before ZM came to his life.  Although I am not sure whether it's fueled by his fond memories of their childhood or by the "now" ZR.  I am leaning toward the earlier. The ZR that he remembered was based on his impressions of their childhood ZR. However, I felt that he started to drift away from his infatuation when she stabbed him at GMD,  either unconsciously or consciously beneath all his kind treatment toward ZR including his refusal to believe ZM when she said that ZR was the culprit of the Snake Island fiasco. I felt that moment at GMD,  he was disappointed when she chose to obey her shifu than to stand up for him,  although he still masked it.

Then ZM appeared. This sassy,  witty,  and brave young girl who challenged him in every way he knew. It's not love at first sight,  but definitely his attention was captured at the first sight. Slowly but surely, her memories started to fill him.  She is the only girl of the four that he remembered when he's alone. Her items were the mementos he kept till the end,  the items he looked at while smiling to himself silly when he is alone, the item he is most unwilling to discard, the item  he remembered the detailed carving (impressive memory there :lol:), and the item he kept close to him and worn in his body as he completed his duties (the gold box, embroidered handkerchief from her, and the wooden hairpin she has worn before her "death"). I have to say, it is very clear that in this version,  other girls have no chance once ZM appear. :P ZR is his first (or his 2nd) infatuation,  but ZM is his true and last love. The latter is the most important one. 

After the foiled wedding,  I think WJ was harsh toward her because he still put his guard up,  and he's still trying to calm himself after all the shock he faced: both from his bold action and from the viciousness of ZR attack. But then when he was trying to heal ZM, he heard ZM said something about her being able to do what she said she will do (or sometjing like that), and he directly jumped to say that it's one of the reason they cannot be together, it's because he knew she can do what she said she will do. For me,  it shows his deep fear that one day,  he will be her downfall. He sounds desperate there,  it's like he still tried to hold on to this reason but his wall of defense has started to crumble even more,  to the point of no return. B) afterwards, it just slipping more and more to his feeling until he decided to go all out and abandon all pretense. :lol:

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Indeed, so many breakups hahaha....

1st breakup  > snake island on the beach

2nd breakup > by the river

3rd breakup >  WJ and ZR getting marry

4th breakup > return to Mongols, threw hairpin

WJ mentioned three women in the drama resembled his mom 

MM  > beautiful

A Li >  her eyes and smiles

XZ   >  singing

Sorry ZR, WJ never mention anything about you.:lol:

Well princess can also learn how to cook rice soup for WJ that melt his heart by looking at his eyes.

• Like 1

Did any of you realise there's a lip mark on WJ's glass? It actually took my 3rd-4th viewing to realise:sweatingbullets:

solc8ms.gif

And then he never turn it again and just drink it on the where ZM drank it.

J3RxeS4.gif

PS: If it's too slow to load, please tell me I'll put it under spoiler so it won't hinder the loading time

Edited by kur4p1k4
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Did any of you realise there's a lip mark on WJ's glass? It actually took my 3rd-4th viewing to realise:sweatingbullets:

solc8ms.gif

J3RxeS4.gif

PS: If it's too slow to load, please tell me I'll put it under spoiler so it won't hinder the loading time

Yes, I realized the red lip mark on there but I’m not sure if he drink on that lip mark.

9 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

solc8ms.gif

J3RxeS4.gif

Yep, I noticed it the first time.  That's their first "kiss".

29 minutes ago, penforella said:

Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to ask something but I forgot, on ep 34 at the cave the gang met this lady wu, who is she? WJ seemed to knew her.

She's from the family that ZWJ first met after he becomes adult, where he got bitten by dogs. And the family that trick him into disclosing XX's location

Just now, vicious219 said:

Hahaha, I feel like an idiot totally did not notice:sweatingbullets:

7 minutes ago, vicious219 said:

1st kiss from the glass

2nd kiss on the snake island

3rd kiss when they BBq

4th kiss is  the deeeep kiss & reall kiss is when WJ have to leave MinMin behind to go to Shaolin.

• Like 1

A common comment I've been seeing among Chinese fans is that they like the fact that this version is missing a very important scene from the book. The scene where ZZR asks ZWJ who he loves the most out of the four girls. Every other version seems to have that scene except this one. I have to say, I totally agree that scene is not necessary. Which is why I believe the writer/director decided not to shoot it. It's very clear cut of who ZWJ loved in this version, making ZZR ask that question would only insult the character's intelligence. This version never needed it. It seems the entire Wuxia world in this show likes to gossip about the ZWJ and ZM scandal. Rumors that are true, by the way, so I guess they're not really rumors lol. Also upon rewatching, I've noticed that every time ZM gets jealous of another girl, ZWJ never fails to explain to her that's not the case. However when anyone else asks ZWJ about ZM's importance to him, he just stays silent, confirming their suspicions.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

I also think that WJ did have a crush toward ZR at the earlier episodes, before ZM came to his life.  Although I am not sure whether it's fueled by his fond memories of their childhood or by the "now" ZR.  I am leaning toward the earlier. The ZR that he remembered was based on his impressions of their childhood ZR. However, I felt that he started to drift away from his infatuation when she stabbed him at GMD,  either unconsciously or consciously beneath all his kind treatment toward ZR including his refusal to believe ZM when she said that ZR was the culprit of the Snake Island fiasco. I felt that moment at GMD,  he was disappointed when she chose to obey her shifu than to stand up for him,  although he still masked it.

Then ZM appeared. This sassy,  witty,  and brave young girl who challenged him in every way he knew. It's not love at first sight,  but definitely his attention was captured at the first sight. Slowly but surely, her memories started to fill him.  She is the only girl of the four that he remembered when he's alone. Her items were the mementos he kept till the end,  the items he looked at while smiling to himself silly when he is alone, the item he is most unwilling to discard, the item  he remembered the detailed carving (impressive memory there :lol:), and the item he kept close to him and worn in his body as he completed his duties (the gold box, embroidered handkerchief from her, and the wooden hairpin she has worn before her "death"). I have to say, it is very clear that in this version,  other girls have no chance once ZM appear. :P ZR is his first (or his 2nd) infatuation,  but ZM is his true and last love. The latter is the most important one. 

After the foiled wedding,  I think WJ was harsh toward her because he still put his guard up,  and he's still trying to calm himself after all the shock he faced: both from his bold action and from the viciousness of ZR attack. But then when he was trying to heal ZM, he heard ZM said something about her being able to do what she said she will do (or sometjing like that), and he directly jumped to say that it's one of the reason they cannot be together, it's because he knew she can do what she said she will do. For me,  it shows his deep fear that one day,  he will be her downfall. He sounds desperate there,  it's like he still tried to hold on to this reason but his wall of defense has started to crumble even more,  to the point of no return. B) afterwards, it just slipping more and more to his feeling until he decided to go all out and abandon all pretense. :lol:

Loved reading your perspective.  Agreed WJ was infatuated with ZR that's why he kept the handkerchief for so long.

After she stabbed him at GMD, she was captured by ZM so no further relationship development their.  Then come the most beautiful princess who is daring, witty, flirting entering his life. 

After the wedding WJ healing ZM at the cave, he said there's no future between them because he is more afraid.  Afraid she is true to her words (she'll sacrificed herself for him if her family try to harm him and she also won't allow WJ hurt her family).  Yes, he fear she'll lose her life in the process with the conflicts of the war.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

A common comment I've been seeing among Chinese fans is that they like the fact that this version is missing a very important scene from the book. The scene where ZZR asks ZWJ who he loves the most out of the four girls. Every other version seems to have that scene except this one. I have to say, I totally agree that scene is not necessary. Which is why I believe the writer/director decided not to shoot it. It's very clear cut of who ZWJ loved in this version, making ZZR ask that question would only insult the character's intelligence. This version never needed it. It seems the entire Wuxia world in this show likes to gossip about the ZWJ and ZM scandal. Rumors that are true, by the way, so I guess they're not really rumors lol. 

Remember 4 uncles from Wudang said that in eps 39 Wulin was talking about their scandal.

5 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

A common comment I've been seeing among Chinese fans is that they like the fact that this version is missing a very important scene from the book. The scene where ZZR asks ZWJ who he loves the most out of the four girls. Every other version seems to have that scene except this one. I have to say, I totally agree that scene is not necessary. Which is why I believe the writer/director decided not to shoot it. It's very clear cut of who ZWJ loved in this version, making ZZR ask that question would only insult the character's intelligence. This version never needed it. It seems the entire Wuxia world in this show likes to gossip about the ZWJ and ZM scandal. Rumors that are true, by the way, so I guess they're not really rumors lol. 

Definitely not necessary because even XX who is blind can tell how deep WJ loved MM.:lol:

• LOL 2

I notice that lipmark too during the first time. I thought to myself, wow sexy haha 

Impressed with this producer who produced details that are not obvious yet still obvious enough for audience to realise and allow fans like us to kill time by analysing them before the next episode telecast 

I started writing a Short paragraph of Mongol reunion aftermath to fulfil my desired closure. Not sure if this considered Fanfic. Hope i can write well enough to share. 

• Like 2

That why it make this version outstanding because WJ know who he truely love and there no need to asked. Previous version repeated that line where ZZR asked him toward the end. This version clearly show by WJ action with his eyes contact keep stared at the princess.

• Like 1