[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

11 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

I notice that lipmark too during the first time. I thought to myself, wow sexy haha 

Impressed with this producer who produced details that are not obvious yet still obvious enough for audience to realise and allow fans like us to kill time by analysing them before the next episode telecast 

I started writing a Short paragraph of Mongol reunion aftermath to fulfil my desired closure. Not sure if this considered Fanfic. Hope i can write well enough to share. 

Please share!!

21 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

Bluesky

Thank you! 

I tried pm you but not sure if it went through. I used snapchat apps to download videos from YouTube 

Hi Regina Goh!!! "wave" 

Your name sound like you are from the same region as me!! Do you happen to be from SG / MY? 

---Glad to hear we are Normal! - - - 

I just manage to upload a series of short clips onto my personal YouTube channel. All are clips of some of my favourite scenes of WJ minmin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkOfCFU3nXuTKTvGM8FxsXQ

Yes! I'm from Singapore :) What about you?

By the way, I really love reading everyone's analysis and comments! I analyze a lot in my head too haha but it's all a mess to pen down in words. I love this version the most for most of the reasons shared by those who like this version too. My first was the 1994 version (LOLLLL) and second was 2003. I like Ady An but I could not watch the 2009 version (I tried).

Edited by Regina Goh
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

Same! I don’t have withdrawal symptoms much when I watch dramas and I used to watch a lot. Not so much nowadays but man has this got me good. 

Definitely can't get this HSDS version (WJ and MM) out of my head.  Same here nothing nowadays dramas can have this kind of affect to me.   We probably need a group psychiatrist therapy.:lol:

• LOL 3

11 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Definitely can't get this HSDS version (WJ and MM) out of my head.  Same here nothing nowadays dramas can have this kind of affect to me.   We probably need a group psychiatrist therapy.:lol:

It’s okay. We have our group therapy here! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

They really looks like a royal couple.:wub:  Hope they can act in a palace drama or of some sort.

He looked too happy! That's the truly happy smile. He was so excited when they said let's him marry ZM although he known they planned something. He didn't care, just wanted to be with ZM and marrying ZM would make her stay with him, without leaving. :w00t:lol...such a silly boy! He forgot all about how that plan would hurt ZM's feeling...

13 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

I get where you are coming from. Because if let's say we really go according to the novel, in this kind of situation, after the assassination, the novel 's ZWJ would have just make the decision to leave with ZM, looking at how the Ming sect members behaved. I was actually looking forward to him leaving with her. But somehow the producer' s idea is to construct a slightly different WJ. This WJ mainly only had his eyes for ZM, unlike the novel WJ who was still unsure until ZZR asked that important question and hid ZM.

But with regards to the ending, the Novel WJ would choose beauty over Jiang shan. Again, the drama portray a different decision WJ made. I was annoyed initially too because this drama WJ reminded me of Guo Jing 's Patriotism. 

However, at least i kinda "forgive" him when he said, "No i did not choose my brothers over you. I merely want to keep my promise to save the commoners and give them peace". I guess the production team wanted to express a different idea. 

Indeed the reunion is abit too flat for me. They should at least allow them some time to chat abit, so that we know why WJ left, what happened to the sect members, and how did minmin get on with her life after the assassination? And how would she cope living with someone who reminded her of her father death? And what kind of assurance would WJ give her and how do WJ feel after hearing what she went through with her life for past few years of separation after the assassination? 

Regarding the scene where ZR asked WJ who he loved, the way I see it was closure for ZR to hear WJ finally explain the different kinds of love he had for each of the four women. That scene was not meant for ZM to hear it.  In the novel, WJ had already told ZM he loves her shortly after abandoning ZR at the wedding. Well, to be fair, he told her that he loves and hates her LOL. That for me was enough.

What you said about this drama reminding you of WJ of Guo Jing's patriotism is probably why I have a hard time with the portrayal of this WJ. WJ definitely had good intentions for the better of the people so I get why he couldn't up and leave until the Mongolians were defeated. I don't have a problem with that. It's just the writer's extreme melodramatic take on it made it hard for me to like it and I feel like the assassination plotline had a lot to do with it. Ultimately though I do understand that each viewer sees things differently. Personally, I liked the WJ in the novel. He was not meant to be hero/leader so I enjoyed his journey in there to discover that for himself in the end and it was simply okay. That's another reason why I loved the original version of his last conversation with his great shi-fu so much.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, takeu2themoon said:

I guess ZYZ is not a loving hero for Chinese, they portrayed him so hideous and so wicked in the novel, the drama, even in his figure painting in some museum somewhere, or at least he was not Jin Yong's favorite. In this very HSDS he was so compelling that no members went against his plot. That was something. And the history told us he was to be the next king.  WJ didn't have leader qualities at all, they took him as a kid, or they wouldn't treat him with no respect again and again. 

It would have been better if he was with WU Dong, I think he belonged there.

ZM knew it all, they were scheming, they used him, they didn't listen to him, and she said it out loud. But WJ still didn't want to leave.

It was funny in a scene in some version or in the novel I'm not sure, ZM talking with WJ about how she was about to slash ZR face, she asked what if she did it and he answered he wouldn't be friend with her and would never talk to her again. I think this says so much about WJ character. i agree, this WJ was not the WJ we had known, and I miss the novel's WJ, at least he could tell ZYZ was a hypocrite then walked away.

Some poster said it had something to do with Chinese censorship board, hope that the TVB version's ending can be more satisfied.

Or we should hope for the next version instead?

Apparently not! My understanding was that ZYZ established Ming dynasty so not sure why it just didn't happen that way in the novels. Even the screenwriter made ZYZ look a bit foolish planning a wedding for WJ and ZM (another scene I hated). Definitely made ZYZ and the followers look like a village of idiots.

Yes, I remember that conversation between ZM and WJ. I believe it was the part of the hot pot scene at the inn. It's those kind of lines/witty banter that I love from the novel that says so much about WJ's innocent/pure personality. Another part I like is where WJ confronted ZM about killing YL and how he badly wanted to kill her as revenge. She demanded he go ahead, but he couldn't do it LOL. She was so happy with just that too because she knew that WJ did love/care for her.

Out of all the sects, I would agree WJ would've been happy at Wu Dang. Aside from his godfather, his great shi-fu loved him so much. But that was not his destiny. The friends, medical skills and various martial arts that he gained throughout his journey was after having to leave Wu Dang to cure his poison.

Are you planning to watch the TVB version? If you do, please let me know if it's any different.

I'll always watch more remakes. Let's hope the next will have a better ending. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

Question about Xiaozhao. So the sect leader of the Persian people have to be a virgin and never get marry? If that’s the case, then how will they pass on to the next generation if they have no kids? 

If I'm not mistaken they always select 3 ladies as holy maidens and when the current leader dies they select new leader from those 3 ladies.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, penforella said:

If I'm not mistaken they always select 3 ladies as holy maidens and when the current leader dies they select new leader from those 3 ladies.

So technically did they really need Xiaozhao or is it because she’s the daughter of the main one that she’s automatically chosen? 

2 hours ago, jackieusa said:

You can see the gentle and affectionate displayed on WJ's pair of beautiful eyes when looking at MM.

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/Hquu3ky0J?fid=1034:4363136971773714

That pair of eyes is something worth dying for!! 

The lyrics is good!! 

确认过眼神,我遇上对的人

Through the eyes, i know i met The Perfect One

9 hours ago, Regina Goh said:

Yes! I'm from Singapore :) What about you?

By the way, I really love reading everyone's analysis and comments! I analyze a lot in my head too haha but it's all a mess to pen down in words. I love this version the most for most of the reasons shared by those who like this version too. My first was the 1994 version (LOLLLL) and second was 2003. I like Ady An but I could not watch the 2009 version (I tried)

Hello fellow Singaporean!!!!! 

• Love 1

Gosh, gone for a bit and I couldn't catch up to 40+ posts I missed. I like how they condensed some arts to save time, but the editing is awkward in a bit because I got confused what was happening until figuring it out a while later. Except They could've ended a few more episodes to develop some parts and explain the plot and cut out some others.

This made me realize there are ZZR's that exist in real life. Someone may look kind and is not or ZM's--someone who doesn't look kind but could be. AKA there's a lot of don't judge a book by it's cover theme going on! 

I'm so confused and I must've have missed something. Can someone explain who is the Wu maiden and the father at snake Island? Where did she appear and why is she significant in the story except dying for ZWJ. Also the yellow maiden who's YG and XLN's descent. Why does she show up? She gave me a XLN vibe when she appeared, but I couldn't get why was she important in showing up.

Fun fact, was watching something and they asked how many times have ZWJ been tricked by women?

Spoiler

The answer is 5. YL, ZM, ZZR ZC and the lady in the beginning who own the dogs (forgot her name). Didn't ZWJ have a small crush on her too before realizing she tricked him? 

I still miss this drama...:tears: Still rewatching some of the scenes sometimes to see their lovely moments together, WJ and ZM...:wub: It's like I'm not truly satisfied with the ending much; it would be awesome if they could have the wedding scenes and more kisses...The songs are also play a huge impact, too! I keep listening to it and then back again rewatching the scenes...oh my! :cold_sweat:

6 minutes ago, achng said:

Just thought I would share.  An observant fan discovered that ZM actually embroidered the birds, desert & river on the handkerchief which corresponds to the location where WJ found her in Mongolia.

7e0094edly1g29km3wggkj222o0yix6s.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km2kxz8j222o0yikjr.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km4nkncj222o0yiqv6.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km6e42mj222o0yikjo.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km5g5t4j222o0yikjm.jpg

I guess if he truly paid attention, he already known where to find her. I guess it would take a long journey to travel to Monglia and especially looking for places with dessert, water, and land...:wacko: