[Drama 2018] Mysterious Personal Shopper (Doll's House), 인형의 집

0ly40

i think the writer is trying to turn Geum into a figure we could sympathise with. But 30 years is a lifetime, some women would be married with children at 30. She pitied her daughter who was all alone living in luxury that did not belong to her and she would have kept it secret too if her daughter got her way. 

I am not sure if tomorrow's episode is going to be good. In the preview, SY was telling Lee she was not going to make clothes anymore.  All are forgiven???? :rage:

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@maribella I love your bit where you mention that Seyon is going to die and then return to haunt Loony and company. While I find that hilarious and might even look forward to that I doubt that will happen. Seyon being the main lead simply can’t die before the last episode. The only time that I have seen main leads bite the dust would have to be in a Shin Minah and Rain Drama a few years back. So it isn’t totally unheard of but even in that it happened in the last episode this means that we are going to be stuck with Seyon till the end whether we like it or not.

Spoiler

You also mentioned that Seyon has had a nose bleed a few episodes back indicating that might be a cause. In response to that I should like to remind viewers that a nose bleed doesn’t always equate to a person dying in Korean Dramas. Over here a nose bleed is an indicator of one of two things. The first one is as you mentioned early signs of a person so ill that they are probably going to die. In these scenarios the person isn’t aware of the ramifications of the bleeding and will ignore said signs or they simply don’t care and want to die for numerous reasons they have lived a good long and happy life or they know that they have to quickly wrap up their business etc..

The other reason why a person can also have a nose bleed is usually when they are shown to be studying so hard that they end up with one. This also equates to them overworking to much as well. Not sure if there is any actual basis for these last nose bleeds but if I were to surmise I would assume that the writers are trying to show that these people are so focused on their work/studies that they tend to overlook other factors regarding their health such as perhaps taking their meals on time etc.. and thus their bodies end up suffering. Regardless of the fact I suspect that Seyon is probably a member of this group. She hasn’t shown any indication of sickness prior to said nose bleed. Her mother did have a genuine reason for being ill.

She had suffered injuries from her accident and then to add to that she probably didn’t receive proper medical care at the mental asylum not to mention that she was later drugged to further forget about her daughter and accident. These things resulted in her dying at her current time. Seyon on the other hand has been fine so far. Also if Seyon ends up dying I guess it will end the purpose of the drama unless we all want Sec. Lee to continue with the revenge on his own. Now sure how that will be taken in by the viewers. I suspect that they would feel cheated if that were to happen.

On the other hand, if Seyon were to fake her own death and then play mind games with Loony and Company that would be interesting. Unfortunately, I don’t think that we have enough episodes for that to play out. Plus, after watching Unknown Woman I don’t know if the writers in Korea can even pull of this trope well. Granted that was a different writer and I shouldn’t base my assumptions of a single drama with said plot so I will have to wait and see another writer do a thing but over here it simply won’t work with the few remaining episodes.

I have also noticed how we have been speaking ill of Loony and company but none of us have bothered to mention the Lawyer that has been working with Loony, He simply belongs to the Trope Beware the Doctors. Though in this case it would be beware the Lawyers. (might apply twice here if you consider that Cheating Hubby also used to be one or did he just study law can’t recall 100%)

This show again fails to demonstrate why this lawyer is so loyal to Loony. Is he the family or company lawyer? Not that it makes much of a difference at this point. To be honest his betray started way earlier than him simply listening to Loony in regards to signing over the patent designs under her name than Seyons as he was ordered by Chaebol Grandfather. The first time that he did so was probably when he informed Loony that her grandfather had decided to alter his will. The question then we should be asking is why did he do that in the first place. I doubt that it was because Loony was paying him more than her grandfather. She doesn’t seem like the type to pay others unless it was for shopping or trying to gain something from them and she didn’t seem all that smart in those old episodes clearly this lawyer hasn’t heard about Lawyer Client Confidentiality and should have his license revoked and sent back to law school. Regardless of this after this event he started to fully follow his new master’s instructions without fail. Get the new designs in my name instead of Seyon (yes master), make up papers that force Seyon to give up her right to her share of the inheritance (Yes Master. Point to note the lawyer was never named or present when Seyon was given those papers but given his actions it seems more than likely that he was the one that drew those papers up) then using the legal documents regarding the patents to prevent Seyon from selling her clothes and what not.

Now I could sort of understand if he felt that his client wasn’t in the right state of mind and was perhaps being taken advantage of by a stranger so being loyal to the family he decided to inform Loony but that still doesn’t make his actions right. Also if he is the company lawyer then he should probably get fired due to their actions nearly causing the company harm. Plus if he had any doubts he should have asked Chaebol Grandfather for proof or told him that people would talk and therefore he should have things to help him sort things out later on. For instance, he must have had a field day when the press got the news that Seyon was the real granddaughter. Frankly how that happened would be another story altogether. But as a lawyer he should then have been aware who was real and a fake.

Then again one shouldn’t be all that surprised at his actions. Almost everyone in this show who has been in a position of power and authority has been abusing said power. Psycho Doctor had been giving her patient wrong medicine which would not only make them addicted to said medicine but also suffer from serious side effects. How Loony managed to overcome that has never been properly addressed but who cares about that right. Then we have said lawyer siding with somebody else who is only related to the grandfather legally. Had Seyon any inclination to recover her real identity things might have been different. Cheating Hubby has been blackmailing people a page that he has taken out of his Grandfather In Laws book as well as hiring companies with shady reputations and all just so that he can pocket the rest of the money and whatnot. Loony has treated people like trash just because she had the means and power to do so and her mother hasn’t really been all that different. She was in a position of power over Seyon’s Bio Mother and she made sure that the bio mother couldn’t leave the hospital by never revealing her true condition to Chaebol Grandfather as well as making her go through treatments without anyone else being the wiser. Sec. Lee is no saint himself. In his quest for revenge he joined forces with Chaebol Grandfather and hired people that he knew would be loyal to him and help him in his revenge but to gain Chaebol Grandfathers trust he even did the dirty work getting his own hands dirty instead of the grandfathers and what not, on top of all this he was more than willing to frame innocent people of sorts to get his way or even pimp up his girl. The only person that hasn’t abused her power would probably be Seyon but that is only because she is the main lead. We are all rooting for her to succeed but if she uses the same methods as her adversaries then she wouldn’t be any better than him. This certainly restricts the writer and what they can do with Seyon. Unfortunately, this is a major handicap.

Now for the matter of the seal that Chaebol Grandfather left for Seyon. Oh please no I simply don’t buy it for one moment. @maribella mentioned that they are trying to make Loony’s Bio Mom into a sympathetic figure. Well the same is now being tried with Chaebol Grandfather. This poor old man missed his son so much as well as his DiL that he even made a seal using Seyon’s? umbral cord. He would then supposedly have a look at it when he missed them. Get serious this cold blooded man ignored a helpless family and didn’t care what happened to them. Atleast his excuse then could have been that they were strangers but what did he do with his own family. He couldn’t approve of his adult son’s choice so he had him kicked out and even when he was reunited with him in death (his son’s death) did he give him a decent burial like a loving father would. Oh no. he had his son buried in an unmarked grave. Had he missed his son like Lady Geum mentions then he would have not done that. He would have his son placed either in a cremation jar and placed in a columbarium or something along those lines, perhaps have a proper grave. It was only later on that the father got a tree planted for him which I suspect was either Seyon’s doing or the writer simply forgot what they wrote earlier which I think is the case now. On top of that he has his DiL placed in a mental asylum for 30+ years. He knew how much his granddaughter missed having a mother. now I can understand him not wanting to stress out a little kid with the fact that her mother was locked up in a mental asylum but again he had like over 30+ years to correct this misconception when Loony became an adult and could handle said situation. Should we blame all this on Psycho Doctor? Also as he wanted to hand down that seal to his granddaughter her had 30+ years again to do so. Prior to finding out that Seyon was his real grandchild he could have therefore given it to Loony but since he didn’t do that he could have then done it when he found out that Seyon was the real granddaughter and then gifted it to her. I have a suspicion regarding that letter which I will get into later on

Frankly speaking as I may have mentioned earlier there don’t seem to be any likable characters in this show. The secondary character’s aka Seyon’s adopted family have more interesting story plots at this point. Will the brother get the girl he likes? Will the detective finally marry Chicken Owner? Will all of them live a happy life and even will Debt Girl’s boss get a happy ending of her own and will she and Debt Girl finally grow up into mature adults etc..

So Seyon doesn’t want to make any more clothes. Boo Hoo like I care. Her revenge plans have been so Meh. There were times when I will admit that I was cheering for her but let’s be frank she just didn’t have it in her to completely go all the way or things happened that derailed her plans. For instance, she was going strong until her mother had her incident. After that she got sidetracked with looking after her mother’s health and while I don’t hold that against her since her mother’s condition was more serious and all it also slowed down the momentum of the story. Then her getting played by Loony don’t even get me started on that.

I mentioned the letter that the grandfather left about the conjoining trees. Apparently Loony hasn’t gotten the real meaning behind said message. This probably isn’t a place that she should be looking for but instead this means team work and thus accept Seyon as her sister and work together as he originally envisioned. But since Loony is far too greedy and selfish she probably isn’t going to figure it out until it is too late. By then she is probably going to lose it all. She tends to stab everyone in the back when they least expect it and that is why she is so alone whereas Seyon is surrounded by people that love her and have her back. This would probably thus indicate that he wrote said letter recently after he discovered Seyon was his daughter instead of in the past. Not so sure why he kept that Seal though. Like I said he didn’t seem to be all that sentimental regarding his son. He did have a weak spot for his granddaughter though but it still won’t be enough to redeem him for me.

Frankly I am still hoping that he has managed to fake his own death to find out what the people really think about him and who is loyal and worthy to take over his empire and who will respect his wishes and all. Even the entrance of that Korean French Designer was to convenient at this late stage. If I was a gambling man I would have bet that he was sent as a test by Chaebol Grandfather to see if everything was going according to his wishes and if not, he is thinking of ways to rectify the situation. To be honest the way he had left the company should have indeed been sufficient for the two sisters to get along if one of them wasn’t so greedy to have it all. Loony’s comment was hilarious regarding Winners. “Winners is like my heart I can’t live without it.” Seriously she could have had it if she hadn’t been blinded by greed because Seyon like any drama female lead was so weak that she was about to probably forgive her for al that she did for the 100th time because she thought that she was probably repenting for her actions or better yet because she was her mother’s daughter.

Also I mentioned earlier this writer really needs to keep their stories straight. They make plots and then either conveniently forget all about them or change them without any warning leaving us wondering what just happened. We then had to use our imagination to fill in the blanks. Such as Seyon’s Bio Dad’s grave. But like I said that could be easily explained as Seyon rectifying the problem later on but everything isn’t like that unless I missed something. For instance, we had the Rookie 4 join the company this time I am including Seyon into the mix. They remaining were Magic Fingers, Mama’s Boy and Jealous Duo. Pretty sure they were hired at the company or were they just interns. If it was the later then it partially explains why none of them were there and why Seyon had to search for them to join her team. But I would have suspected that atleast one of them would have made it into the company and we would have seen them much earlier. Instead nothing we only got to see two of them aka Magic Fingers and Jealous Leader from the Jealous Duo. What happened to the rest of them was never really brought up? Infact while Seyon was working at the company after her reveal she never mentioned them even at work. I find that equally strange. Plus, even if they were mere interns I doubt that they would be let go that soon. So this again makes no sense nor does it make sense that all four of them decided to leave the company at the same time. Really this writer needs to work better on their story and not make errors like this.

Anyway let’s see what happens next. As for me I will simply wait it out by watching the airing on KBS World so I will be probably behind in this show as I really am not all that bothered. As @maribella mentioned the only reason that I am still here is because I have invested around 94 or show episodes and now there are just 9 episodes remaining that is unless we don’t get any more extensions to this than the total 103 episodes. I still think that if they try hard enough they can end the story at 100 episodes and not torture us with the remaining extra 3. People want a happy ending for Seyon. Me not so sure. On one hand I might feel cheated if that doesn’t happen after all she was the one that we were supposed to be rooting for but on the other hand her wishy washy excuse of a revenge especially in a revenge drama was so poor that I don’t know what to expect of her. Frankly at this point I won’t care if she doesn’t get Winners as long as she is happy making clothes that she likes and selling them. Unfortunately, she won’t be satisfied doing that anymore because she wants to protect her grandfather’s dream and whatnot. Better yet she should simply hand over Winners to the real owner. Mi Poong from Blow Breeze. Yes, I was wondering in which drama I had heard about Winners Group and I finally remembered it was Blow Breeze. Zishen was also a sponsor for that show. I wonder now if Zishen translates to Winners in English. Any Korean Speaker that can help translate or verify said fact.

Okay I think that’s enough for now. So till then take care and hope to see all of you later on. :)

:crazy: another teeth gritting, same old rehash of GH and Husband plotting against SY for 2/3 of the episode. As before SY is still all at sea, oblivious to the evil plans of the couple. But I am guessing she found something from Grandpa's white paper because she and Lee went to a temple and finally ep 99, they kissed. @yamiyugi thankfully, they also tie up the plot with the PI, Chicken lady and Woong  getting proposed and accepted. 

Now, I only have to use one more day of my life to find out if the writer's ending is as crappy or better than the series.

update:

After watching the subbed version, I have made up my mind to go out and celebrate when the series finished- today. SY is even more lame with the subs on. Her meeting with GH was as usual, pontificating and pathetic. I really liked GH at that time, she was focused and determined.  

Yes, I was right that the scummy couple was planning more evils. Not to forget, Geum was still GH ah, GH ah... trying to get her daughter to accept that SY deserved her inheritance, with no success of course. I think the husband and wife are going to die together from the preview.

This series is almost the same as the one with SY actress playing the spoilt rich bad girl. Her father was a widower and ended up marrying her  ‘SY counterpart’s’ mother- who was also working class. I should have known it, so stupid of me to have started watching. I am watching ‘partners of justice’, and picking up courage to watch ‘come hug me’... it looks heavy.

33 minutes ago, maribella said:

:triumph::triumph::triumph:

Just checked wiki, it says 103. This show just refuses to die like GH with her rotten heart, in more ways than one.

I think it was originally supposed to end at 100. But due to airing interruptions, they extended to 103 so that it ends on a Friday instead of Tuesday (today was episode 100). The new daily will begin on Monday next week. This way, the network wouldn't be scrambling to fill in the time slot for the next 3 days.

Anyway, at least SY smarten up a bit. GH was unable to obtain Chairman Eun's original documents, as SY & JJ filled it with blank paper. They also did something else, but will need the subbed episode to find out. Looks like whatever GH did backfired on her. Did Ms. Geum convince GH assistant to do something?

4 hours ago, whome said:

whatever GH did backfired on her. Did Ms. Geum convince GH assistant to do something?

Yes he did, which is an indication that the writer is a bit like SY. :) ok ok, maybe he/she has talents. It is not just extending it by 3 more but the last 20 episodes were just showing how many ways GH could mess up SY’s life. It could end way back.

Now a company lawyer suddenly agrees to  give all kinds of incriminating information to the mother of the company owner? He is not comfortable with his role? He could always say that he was forced to do all the dirty work but what could he say to a judge for leaking information to the mother? A lawyer would resign before doing that. Oops I forgot, this is a KD lawyer. Maybe I ‘ll catch up with the World cup reruns till Friday. I am not even a soccer fan.

@maribella thanks for informing me about Seyon’s sister finally accepting the Detectives proposal. Atleast someone is getting a happy ending out of all this.

You also mentioned about the lawyer handing over the illegal things that Loony was upto to her mother and what he could say to the judge. I would assume that he would go the standard K-Drama route of how he is innocent and probably misunderstood. :) I would expect the conversation to go along the following lines.

Spoiler

Lawyer : Your Honour I find this extremely unfair. I am innocent I say.

Judge : I have heard it all before what is your excuse don’t you know that handing over Lawyer/Client information is a crime.

Lawyer : Indeed but I am being taken out of context I never handed it over to the mother. with said intent.

Judge : So you admit doing that.

Lawyer : Yes but please let me tell my side of the story.

Judge (Sighing) : Fine but be quick about it my favorite drama is about to start and I don’t want to miss it.

Lawyer : You see while I was working for my client she made me do questionable things that went against my work ethic.

Judge : If that were the case why didn’t you simply quit.

Lawyer : I tried to do just that but she and her husband blackmailed me into staying threatening my career and family. I tell you I am the victim in all this.

Judge : Hmm you seem to make a valid point but then why collect said information I smell something fishy.

Lawyer : Forgive the smell that probably is coming from me who had to go into hiding from this crazy couple. Heck they couldn’t decide if they wanted a divorce or not. Even when they got a divorce they still acted out in the same manner to other people.

Judge : So why would they come after you because you violated your principles and ratted them out..

Lawyer : Ay yes about that. Well you see what happened was since I wanted my freedom I thought to have a bargaining chip to bargain with. So I slowly collected evidence on all that I was made to do and knew what they were upto and when I had enough I thought that I would go have a chat with them. I would hand over everything and not even keep backups for safety because I don’t know how to make any and in return they would have let me go with a healthy bonus and all and I would be free as well as my conscience. Unfortunately, when I went to their home there was nobody there but my clients mother. so I merely handed over said evidence and documents to her with the express order that they were for my clients eyes only. Now I trusted her to do exactly that. How was I to know that she would look over them and steal them. After all if one can’t trust family and the hired help who else can they trust.

Judge : So what you are saying is that anything that happened after you submitted said documents isn’t your fault and that you were taken advantage.

Lawyer : Yes that’s exactly what I have been saying for the last two episodes or so.

Judge : Well you do make some valid points but aren’t you aware that blackmailing is a crime as well and your bargaining would come under that. So now what should I do with you should I charge you for attempted blackmail or breaking lawyer Client Priveleges?

Lawyer : But but..

Just then the bell rings.

Judge : Ah Saved By The Bell Mr. Lawyer. Now I better rush home to watch KBS World and my drama. Perhaps I shall get an idea of what to do to you then. Court Dismissed.

But yes since this is a KDrama be sure that the lawyer will probably be gotten of lightly if not treated as a hero for doing the right thing. Like I pointed out there has been no reason why he has been switching sides like this. Loyal to the grandfather one moment then suddenly he is on Loony’s side and now finally Seyon’s side. Yep only one can be so undecided in a drama :)

So Cheating Hubby is finally going to die. He seems to have more lives than a cat and is tenacious as a cockroach so I wouldn’t hold my breath yet. As for Loony I wonder what will make her redeem herself at the end. I did think up a few scenarios. Though all of them seem to involve some sort of accident. The first one was her barreling towards Seyon in her car with the intent to hit her but her mother suddenly jumps in the way to save Seyon. Pretty sure that would have shocked her but if the car did hit the mother then there would probably be no means to reconcile between her and Seyon since neither would forgive the other as well as blame each other for the mother’s accident. We have already seen how Loony wasn’t willing to take responsibility for her grandfather’s death and blamed Seyon for it when she herself was the one that didn’t want Seyon to save him and what not. So in this case she is going to hate Seyon for not only stealing her mother but also for letting her get into the accident in the first place. As for Seyon she would probably hold her responsible for taking away two of her important people etc..

So this scenario is probably void. On the other hand, if Loony ends up in an accident somehow. Like I said Cheating Hubby has more lives than a cat and if he survives he is bound to try and hurt Loony in some way or the other since he wants the company by any means necessary and also wants to get rid of Loony to have it all. Seyon may be bad but she still isn’t that bad to want to see the end of Loony. She just wants her to repent. So in this case she can try and either save Loony or if Loony ends up getting in a serious accident that she requires blood to live you can be sure that Seyon will magically be the only person that will be a match (even though Ganghui is Loony’s Half Sister). The end result will be since Seyon will have saved her life this will puzzle Loony to no end and wonder why Seyon did that after all that she did to her. Seyon’s simple answer will not only stun her but also make her repent and thus return the shares and whatnot to her. What could Seyon’s response be? I would wager that it would be something cheesy like “Because we both are our Mother’s daughters and she would be sad if anything happened to either one of us.”

Speaking of shares and how Loony’s mother wants her to return Seyon’s shares to her. She really needs to get into the loop. As of now Seyon technically has no shares. Since she has promised those shares to the victims of the families of the Dye Factory. So even if Loony returns them Seyon has to offer them up to said families unless she wants them to turn on her and what not. Or does the mother expect Loony to hand over the shares that are under her name as well to Seyon. That certainly isn’t fair. But then again when has that mother been totally fair.

Anyway got to run for now. So take care all of you. Will be back later on to check out what is going on.

PS> @maribella on a side note was the drama that you were referring to which had Seyon's father marry her counterparts mother My Shining Eunsoo/Still Loving you by any chance? I did add that the main lead (from that)and Rain could star alongside her in Dream High 3 as a joke in my previous post

12 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

note was the drama that you were referring to which had Seyon's father marry her counterparts mother My Shining Eunsoo/Still Loving you by any chance? I did add that the main lead (from that)and Rain could star alongside her in Dream High 3 as a joke in my previous 

Yes, yes that was the show. That was also about two women fighting over everything. That actress was in Full House with Rain, I just remembered. It would be something to see them together.

I sort of watched the last episode raw, fast forwarding too much to get much sense. Spoilers coming...

Geum was shot while trying to stop the Husband from shooting SY. Then both of SY and GH were competing who could weep and cry and bawl the most. The poor woman was bleeding, try to staunch the bleeding please. Then GH got into the ambulance with her mother and she collapsed on the way to hospital. We saw paramedics trying to revive her- red herring, she did not die.

At this point they showed SY and Geum who had survived the shooting from a high powered rifle, in contact. She was one tough bird. SY as usual was over the top with her crying. Geum was probably asking  her to forgive or take care of the Loony. Geum was bleeding, I was yelling call the doctor, call them , call. But she was as stupid as before, she kept crying much to my annoyance so I fastforward to the always happy, warm, supportive big family which now has two babies whom I guessed were  the PI and sister's twins. 

There were a lot of flashbacks, saved filming time I am sure. I fastforward again, I don't know if SY and Lee got married. There was some kind of ceremony. You would think GH would be punished for all the evil things she did but no, it ended with SY and GH walking hand in hand along a railway track which was also a flashback of the happy time SY,GH and Geum had in an earlier episode. I was hoping a train came and killed them both. No such luck. I forgot - the Husband shot himself and the evil doctor had gone crazy. Really? She was quite strong mentally, she had to be punished but gone crazy? How could GH be let off scot-free? her mother had sacrificed her marriage, stole 30 years of SY's mothers life, set up and  imprisoned the Husband, neglected the silly 20 year old and finally sacrificed her life, all for GH. 

Some of you may want to fill in the rest of the episode. The ending is as trite as the show. All in all an average daily show. :D

13 hours ago, maribella said:

I sort of watched the last episode raw, fast forwarding too much to get much sense. Spoilers coming...

Geum was shot while trying to stop the Husband from shooting SY. Then both of SY and GH were competing who could weep and cry and bawl the most. The poor woman was bleeding, try to staunch the bleeding please. Then GH got into the ambulance with her mother and she collapsed on the way to hospital. We saw paramedics trying to revive her- red herring, she did not die.

At this point they showed SY and Geum who had survived the shooting from a high powered rifle, in contact. She was one tough bird. SY as usual was over the top with her crying. Geum was probably asking  her to forgive or take care of the Loony. Geum was bleeding, I was yelling call the doctor, call them , call. But she was as stupid as before, she kept crying much to my annoyance so I fastforward to the always happy, warm, supportive big family which now has two babies whom I guessed were  the PI and sister's twins. 

There were a lot of flashbacks, saved filming time I am sure. I fastforward again, I don't know if SY and Lee got married. There was some kind of ceremony. You would think GH would be punished for all the evil things she did but no, it ended with SY and GH walking hand in hand along a railway track which was also a flashback of the happy time SY,GH and Geum had in an earlier episode. I was hoping a train came and killed them both. No such luck. I forgot - the Husband shot himself and the evil doctor had gone crazy. Really? She was quite strong mentally, she had to be punished but gone crazy? How could GH be let off scot-free? her mother had sacrificed her marriage, stole 30 years of SY's mothers life, set up and  imprisoned the Husband, neglected the silly 20 year old and finally sacrificed her life, all for GH. 

Some of you may want to fill in the rest of the episode. The ending is as trite as the show. All in all an average daily show. :D

Thanks for the summary chingu. Just saved me from watching the ep lol:joy:. I'm glad it's done:unamused:.

@lu09 you are welcome. The subbed episode came out. I should correct that GH went to police station and then there was  a 3 year's time jump. So for all the shenanigans, she gets 3 years, well, better than nothing.

The psychiatrist was just pretending to be crazy to get a reduced sentence- still plotting revenge. A big twist was that GH got her mother's heart . I did not expect this, heart transplant is not a 'get one since there is a heart' :). GH promised to be a good person. I still think it is an average daily.

Finally, the show is over. Let’s all celebrate. Will perhaps give a more detailed post when I actually watch the final episode but for now will go on the points that @maribella pointed out. First of all I want to thank you for taking the bullet for all of us and saving us time of doing it ourselves. So from what I gather the ending was quite predictable just as this show was at times.

Spoiler

For starters I just finished watching episode 99 today/yesterday and the friendship rings were brought in just as someone predicted way back when they were introduced and how one of them would be holding onto said rings till the end making said person realize that they were wrong or be moved by the actions. So congratulations to the person that thought of that. :)

Now as to the fate of the characters and what I think about it.

Geum the Bio Mother of Loony dying from saving Seyon and then giving her heart to save Loony her Bio Daughter.

I kind of predicted this might be the game changer that would either result in Loony let go of her hatred and come back to her sense after witnessing her mother’s sacrifice or this would further motivate her to get even more crazy and blame Seyon for her mother’s death and this would also make Seyon vow revenge on Loony for losing both her mother’s to Loony or her actions. Granted we would have huge extensions for the drama if that were to happen so in a way I am glad the later didn’t happen. Unfortunately, her death leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, while I understand the significance of her actions I simply can’t help be saddened by it at the same time. Why am I sad the answer is simple? Granted the woman made many mistakes in her life and I don’t think that she answered for all of them nor could she claim mother of the year award since she kind of treated her children in the wrong way. She couldn’t fully commit to all of them due to her deception and all. But I feel the biggest victim in all of this wasn’t her children but her current husband. I truly feel pity for the poor man. This man did nothing wrong infact he was someone who needed his wife more than ever considering the fact that he was a widower and thus lost his first wife. Now only to lose his current wife as well. He truly loved her as he was even willing to accept her child as his own and he was still there for her even when he discovered all that she had done aka switched children to save her own. Even after all that he still wanted to be with her. Now that is dedication and commitment. Yet he was rewarded with only living with her in name as well as the fact that he wasn’t even getting that in the end. Then losing her. :( I really hope that he can recover from said incident and gets his own happily ever after at some point and this time it is someone who he deserves and vice versa. To be honest I was hoping that by the time this show ended he would get his happy ending. Disappointed to hear that this isn’t the case.

Now as to the matter of the heart transplant.

This isn’t something unheard of in dramas. The closest that I can recall that happened in another drama as a reference would have to be The Golden Pouch if I am not mistaken. Over here the heroine had a heart condition and I think she even had a transplant when she was younger but it was failing her again and thus she needed one later on near the end. Then in the final episode or second last one her bio mother gets hit by the Truck Of Doom (or was it a car. Been some time since I watched the show) now knowing that she wouldn’t make it she tried to do the right thing or atleast redeem herself for not being mother of the year and had her heart transplanted to her daughter thus saving her life. Or there was another case in another drama though things were slightly different. In the drama that shouldn’t be named the Second Female Lead gets hit by a car and thus doesn’t manage to survive to the end of the show. But even in death she decides to steal sainthood from the female lead for a change and thus her heart is then used to save the female leads future FiL. :) Granted things would have to be more on chance to even see if those two were even compatible and all but since this was a drama we needn’t worry about any of that.

Now for the fact of the heart transplant itself in this drama I feel that at this point it was quite necessary. I mean sure the writer could have gone in another direction and like I said let Loony be involved in an accident and let Seyon be a donor of either blood or part of a body organ aka kidney etc.. then Loony would feel guilty and redeem herself in some way or the other. This way would have also enabled me to have the happy ending for Seyon’s father. But what has happened has happened and there is no use to weep over spilled milk and all. As for the reason why it was essential is simple. Remember when I mentioned earlier of how Loony would have probably blamed Seyon for her mother’s death had the mother intervened to save Seyon and thus ending up dying. Well this action of her clearly averted said thing from happening because this would clear up the doubt in her mind of who her mother loved more because in her death she ended up saving both her daughter’s life. Her actions initially saved Seyon but by donating her heart to Loony this is averted and she thus gets to realize albeit to late that her mother loved them both.

Cheating Hubby is dead. :)

Couldn’t hear anything better. But is he actually dead. Like I said this guy has more lives than a cat and is resilient as a cockroach. Heck this is the very same person that supposedly got shot in the head and still survived. Not only that but it was told that if he received an operation there was a very high chance that he wouldn’t survive the procedure. But wait he also survived that and was then told that he was lucky that the bullet wasn’t in a serious position and all (really this writer needs to go back and recheck what they have written so that they don’t make such mistakes. Not the first such mistake in this drama itself.) in other words I probably won’t be watching any drama from this writer until they make a few more shows and learn from their mistakes. So frankly unless I see the dead body with my own eyes I shall entertain my doubts of his so called death. Also to ensure his death the people in the show should have chopped up his body and then burned and scattered his ashes to the four winds to 100% that he won’t be coming back from the dead. But with his track record I would suspect that he would still find a way to cheat death and return. For instance, check out the following scenario where he could return.

Since he has been threatened in regards to his family. (they will find out that he has been cheating on his wife and his various crimes or they have been kicked out from where they were currently staying simply to bring him to line). He therefore knows to get out from Loony and her families hold he needs to move his family away and place them in hiding so that Loony and company have no more hold against him. But the problem is that he is being observed at all times so how can he pull it off. Simply by distracting the rest with a very clever misdirection. So for starters he will find a man who is probably in desperate need of money for some reason or the other (one can easily find someone like that in a drama. Person may be poor or needs money to save the life of their loved one etc..) He then promises said person that he will pay them said money (also a reason why he was asking Loony for money etc.) in return they would need to get plastic surgery to look just like him and to pretend to be him (perhaps pay him extra if he knows said person needs to bite the dust). Since the person is desperate for money he will do so and meanwhile Loony and company are distracted by Fake Cheating Hubby the real one will sneak off to New Zealand and hide his family away and then bide for his time to make an entrance and take his revenge on Seyon and Loony. Poor innocent man has to pay for all this and be a casualty. Then again perhaps I have been watching to many dramas and this plot might not be so viable.

Stop Shooting Living Beings With A Hunting Rifle

Don’t know what the writer was going with this. Were they trying to make the person look cool or something because if that was the case it wasn’t working it only made them look dumb. I added living beings here instead of people because Loony nearly took down her grandfather’s hunting dog with it. Why this isn’t cool is simply because I can understand how shooting a person would be or even the dog but please do it right. Though to be more exact my main issue with this was the range the person was using to shoot said people/dog was far to near. I would assume that a simple gun, pistol would be more than sufficient for the same job. One could argue that she had to shoot them at such close range to make sure that the job was done since she was terrible at it from a range. Understandable but like I said a simple gun could have the exact same results and at the same time wouldn’t look like a Loon. Plus, judging from her first experience it still didn’t go so well since her intended target still managed to survive. So I hope that nobody threatened anybody with a hunting rifle in the final episode.

Psycho Doctor Faking Her Condition and Still Plotting Her Revenge

Totally not surprised in regards to this. Though to be honest I am not so sure how much faking is required here. She was clearly of her rockers from the start. Her motivation for revenge made little to no sense. I could have understood if she was perhaps under some sort of misconception in regards to her father’s death or even if it was justifiable. But since this wasn’t the case and she was fully aware that her father was responsible for the incident and thus his own death it made her full on crazy. On top of that her plotting didn’t help but make her appear more crazy. Hopefully she will remain locked up for life but one can’t be so sure of these things in a drama. The one thing that she was shown to be really good was manipulating people around her. So I wouldn’t be surprised if she were to be released she would be back to her old games. As of now Seyon and Loony have finally reconciled and thus made peace with each other. Need to watch the final episode to get a good read of the situation but like I said Loony was never on the sane side thanks to all her medication and all so I wonder if she would fall for the bit where Psycho Doctor would try to make her see Seyon as the enemy once again using the bit that her mother is dead because of Seyon. If there was no Seyon then her mother would not only be still alive but also would be around her and all that rubbish. Then if Loony was still not thinking straight we would have another round of drama. Frankly I think that Psycho Doctor got off a bit too easy. The closest that I think that a K-Drama villain got to Karma would have to be the Psycho Mum in The Secret Of My Love. Gotten locked up in her own dungeon and that to by her supposed son. Karma really got to her. I would have been satisfied if she was sent of to a mental institution but that was even better. But for Psycho Doctor I feel she got off a bit too easy. I know she is locked up behind bars but it just isn’t Karma enough for me. She needs to be equally heavily medicated like she was doing to Loony so that she couldn’t even think up a plot for her next revenge.

Well that should be all from my end till Friday comes and I watch the actual episodes when I will have real thoughts about the drama. Though I have to agree with people when they say that this was an average drama. Then again it must really be hard to top the worst drama aka A Tale Of Two Sisters/Sincerity Is The Way Of Heaven. That drama really placed the bar real high when it came to making terrible dramas. That is why I probably will end up giving this drama a passing grade. Dumb mistakes, as well characters not remaining in character all the time were just a few of this dramas short comings.

@maribella Frankly I think My Shining Eun Soo was better than this drama and not only that I frankly enjoyed Park Hana slightly more in that drama than in this one. Sure she was more manipulative in that one as she was the second lead over there but there was something about her that I felt was more likable than what we got over here. Perhaps she isn’t ready to be a leading lady or she needs to branch out in other shows like comedy or something. In her previous show she was even a bit funny but over here not so much. Though I can clearly say that she was pretty good in all the crying scenes in this show it just wasn’t enough to keep me hooked. Though on a side not she still looks pretty while she is crying or without much make up. Then again that probably is just me.

Anyway leaving for now. So take care all of you and let’s see what the future holds

Archived