[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

I knew it. Feeling the hunch hence I asked the question from my previous post. Years ago either Viki or DF will sub dramas. We wouldn't have to worry. But now It's sadly disappointing. Times change. Oh well I'm still going to watch live raw premier.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marykarmelina said:

Hello everyone!

I'm afraid Viki will not get LIFE licensed at all :tears: Since it's a JTBC drama....

Does anyone know if it's licensed somewhere else?

Hope we can watch it anywhere with Eng subs

See you around!

But “Just Between Lovers” was licensed by Viki as well and it’s also a JTBC drama.... :0

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ladycaedus said:

But “Just Between Lovers” was licensed by Viki as well and it’s also a JTBC drama.... :0

I think Just Between Lovers was the only exception for this year. Apart from that one, every single JTBC drama is licensed somewhere else. That's why I don't think LIFE will be available on Viki :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

32 minutes ago, jongski said:

What's wrong with dramaland? Disappointed that no one's subbing this. Why????  I'm  about to watch raw. I'll try and do recap just main points from whatever I can understand based from their actions.

Noone? Nooo ((( 

하동균 - Home 라이프 OST Part 1 / Life OST Part 1

Preview ep2

Lee Dong Wook Says He Likes Doing Romances, Explains Why He Chose “Life”

lee-dong-wook-2-xpn.jpg

July 23, at the press conference for JTBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Life,” Lee Dong Wooktalked about why he chose the drama for his small screen comeback.

When asked if he chose ‘Life’ because he wanted to change the romantic image that fans have of him, Lee Dong Wook said, “I’m not sure if they want me to do romance, but wanting to break that image isn’t why I chose this drama.”

In fact, Lee Dong Wook likes acting in romances, but he wanted something different from his most recent drama, “Goblin.” He said, “For my previous work, ‘Goblin,’ there was passionate love and a lot of fantastical elements. I was looking for something completely different, so I chose ‘Life.’”

SOOMPI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So I'm going to post this here first  so we'll know  who's who.

Cho Seung Woo - Goo Seung Ho, SKU hospital President

Lee Dong Woo - Ye Jin Woo,

Won Jin Ah - Lee No Eul

I'm done with raw.  Unfortunately I did not understand a single thing even with all the scenes. I usually with get the main gist for raws I'm watching but for this, I'm lost in confusion.  So here just some main points for me.

Because it's the first thing I noticed. I don't like the BGM in scenes. Feels like scary horror thing.  LDW character lives with a.. (I don't know if he also works for the hospital) paraplegic?? Well not really. I don't know what's wrong with both legs. But the guy  has difficulty has 2 wheel chair  has to force his upper body to exert like changing pants. And there's something wrong with the directors  at the hospital. LDW character investigating. The only thing   that I feel that some doctors do at the hospital is probably  get body parts?

I'm glad to see WJA in her second drama. She's got that deep voice again.   CSW was barely in this premiere he was shown coming out of the car briefly and then then the end scenes. That's it. Was supposed to be dramatic entrance  it was even slow mo. Oh well.  I usually can tell if I like the drama  30 minutes into watching it. For this 1: 06.45 premiere,  I got bored. I was anticipating this but what's the word I'm looking for... is it underwhelmed? I hope Ep 2 will be a better one.  Perhaps I just didn't understand hence my feeling after watching raw.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jongski said:

What's wrong with dramaland? Disappointed that no one's subbing this. Why????  I'm  about to watch raw. I'll try and do recap just main points from whatever I can understand based from their actions.

If I remember correctly, Netflix has the subbing rights. They usually release episodes a few days after it shows in SK. Others like Viki or Kocowa won’t Sub 

Ratings is good for cable & premier episode 4.3% 

Edited by Guest

[Life News] First broadcast. 
According to a Nielsen Korea survey on July 24, the JTBC monthly drama 'Life',

which was broadcast the previous day, recorded 4.3% of ratings of nationwide pay TV ratings
However, it is the highest audience rating in JTBC drama history. The existing record is 4.1%. 
CONGRATULATIONS to the whole LIFE team.

8251eecely1ftkkhfv3ecj20f217mtcp.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Life, 라이프 - Lee Dong Wook, Cho Seung Woo - Mon & Tue @23:00 KST
On 7/22/2018 at 9:59 AM, marykarmelina said:

Hello everyone!

I'm afraid Viki will not get LIFE licensed at all :tears: Since it's a JTBC drama....

Does anyone know if it's licensed somewhere else?

Hope we can watch it anywhere with Eng subs

See you around

@marykarmelina, hi    is there really no chance that Viki will bring us this drama?  I was shocked that there was never a fan channel set up, and also in the poll on Soompi "Life" got placement #3, with over 12% wanting it, and yet it was never set up even as a fan channel. God knows I have sent so many license requests for this drama....

Also, why was "Just Between Lovers" such an exception; or rather - why does Viki not like to license JTBC drama?

@larus, thank you for starting this thread, and for all contributions here.

Waving to other familiar friends here, @jongski, @plappi, @alekaonu, @evie7, @40somethingahjumma,

Sorry.. I am not much on Soompi these days.... But I was hoping to find more information here about this drama.  I am beyond shocked it was not licensed.

Maybe if all of us "liked" the new Soompi article, and comment on it, requesting that Viki license it? Maybe that will help?

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/23/life-sets-jtbc-drama-record-premiere-episode-ratings/

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

If Netflix bought the sole subbing rights the others can’t . This team is the same as  Stranger /FoS ,  which Netflix also bought the subbing rights for & that of course became a commercial success for Netflix .  But Stranger was pre-produced so  it was possible for Netflix Asia to release subs immediately ( an hour later) after the episodes premiered in SK. This drama is not pre-produced , so we will have to wait patiently for a few days. 

By the way not all Jtbc dramas are automatically bought by Netflix, it depends on who the cast / Director / writer is . Netflix will usually go for the ones with big names , A list cast or crew ( Writers/producers ) . They pay the production houses a lot for sole rights , so it’s natural that the production companies & network will sell subbing rights to the highest bidder . 

If you are interested to read on the business side of things 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/01/09/netflix-bets-on-korean-drama-for-expansion.html

Also growing SK funds are being invested into Netflix, so expect more productions in the future  be subbed solely by Netflix 

https://www.barrons.com/amp/articles/korean-drama-country-buys-30-million-more-in-netflix-stock-1526040000

Edited by Guest
Replace link