[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

36 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

So Blademan decided to become a doctor  odds career move. :smirk:

Oh well he was a grim reaper before this...this is possibly a step up! :lol:

------------------------------

I have high hopes for this drama since it's written by the same writer for Stranger / FOS(IMHO one of the best dramas of 2017)  Really pleased with the casting especially Lee Dong Wook whom I have missed since Goblin and of course dearest ShiMok a.k.a Cho Seung Woo. I am particularly excited to see the  reunion of FOS cast members especially Lee Kyu Hyung who made his mark in FOS and was superb in Prison Playbook. 

From the character chart above - LDWook and LKH are brothers. And Won Jin A is LDW's friend. ( hmmm what does that mean :w00t:

Yum Hye Run is on Cho Seung Woo's helper/ assistant. 

LKH's poster

LKH and Yum Hye Run are from the same agency 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I remember those days @triplem, we got on the Secret Forest train late but what a ride it was.  Yeah, the pressure is on for writer-nim to repeat her rookie triumph.  I heard she finished this drama's script after the success of SF, it started when she was an office worker.

Thank you for all the updates, news, translations, videos.  I think Lee Kyu Hyung started as a musical actor (knew Cho Seung Woo in the theater scenes), played supporting roles for a decade before gaining attention in SF and PP.  Seems like his role as Sun-Woo (Jin-Woo's brother) is limited however pivotal since his character's death set forth a chain of events.  I am excited to see the reunion of a lot of SF faces but what I am intrigued is how Lee Soo Yeon's script will be able to weave a murder mystery into the minefield of hospital politics.  Someone mentioned before about Cho Seung Woo's character.  Personally, I am hoping his Goo Seung Hyo will be  more of a grey character since hospital administrators are neither black or white in real life.  There are a lot of struggles and battles done on behalf of patient care.  A lot of hard and difficult decisions that have to be done by someone, a job no one likes.

The cast is high caliber.  The interesting thing for me to see is PD Hong Jong Chan who mostly directs heartfelt human dramas (outside of Live Up to Your Name) helming a murder political genre.  Just seeing his name alone gives me a lot of faith in how the human stories will be told.  The characters spread across all fields of medicine:  ER, surgery, neurosurgery, trauma, ortho even the ethics committee. We even have a news reporter.  Seon-Woo is the Head of the Health Insurance Evaluation Committee so I think we could be looking at some cover up for fraud.

Thanks for letting me know about Netflix.  Will be broadcast in delayed time for US :crazy: so I'm jealous that @triplem get to see it first.

BTW, this show is quite late 23:00 on Mon/Tues schedule which typically don't yield high ratings.. maybe this is why it is slotted late to accommodate viewers' schedule.  It's good that JTBC moved it away from Mr Sunshine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Thanks for letting me know about Netflix.  Will be broadcast in delayed time for US :crazy: so I'm jealous that @triplem get to see it first.

LOL! I am happy in a way that Netflix has the rights , which means that Netflix Asia will show it first. But this also means that there is a possibility of delay in subs for a few days like Prison Playbook , Live , Pretty Noona etc. I don't think this is pre-produced (someone correct me if I am wrong ) , so it is unlikely to have subs come out the same day it premiers in SK. Anyway fingers crossed.

Yes must thank you for getting me to board the FOS train. No regrets. :D. I do like the PD since he directed Live Up to Your Name which I enjoyed. But I hope he has better time management this round. They practically shot the last episode of LUTYN right up to the last day!

Edited by Guest

@triplem:  can you search and find Life on Netflix?  Does it say Netflix Original Series like Black, Man to Man, SF?

Mr Sunshine is 100% preproduced so it’s going to be broadcast live on Netflix, same time as tvN airing, with eng sub. I think Life is partially pre-produced so yes, you may be right with delayed subs.  I don’t see Viki trying to pick it up.  So is this bad news? :huh:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

@triplem:  can you search and find Life on Netflix?  Does it say Netflix Original Series like Black, Man to Man, SF?

Mr Sunshine is 100% preproduced so it’s going to be broadcast live on Netflix, same time as tvN airing, with eng sub. I think Life is partially pre-produced so yes, you may be right with delayed subs.  I don’t see Viki trying to pick it up.  So is this bad news? :huh:

Netflix is hopeless sometimes. They won’t tell you they are going to show the drama till the day itself . No news from them so far. Viki will not pick it up if Netflix has the rights but let’s check with @marykarmelina who is with the viki subbing team if they have plans to do so 

Please sub this Viki or DF or that other one ( I for the name) but not Netflix. No! This is JTBC. not tvN. Most of tvN shows they're  sub by Netflix. Does CJ E&M produced dramas always seems to have tie up with Netflix? Sorry but I'm not fond of Netflix  These are Korean dramas, we understand viewers want to see dramas but for the rest, like us, it takes a while and we have to wait.  Again that Bad Guy 2 drama experience, I was not happy. Sorry for the kinda off topic. Just two cents worth cos I watch  lot of kdramas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One fan's friend who is in Seoul right now and she is so lucky to see Dr. YE today.

8251eecely1ft2r3kpodlj20u00u0tc2.jpg

Spoiler

8251eecely1ft2r3lwlhzj20u00u010b.jpg

8251eecely1ft2r3mb13bj20u00u0grx.jpg

8251eecely1ft2r3lakhdj20ok0ok78h.jpg

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3