[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

On 1/30/2019 at 4:24 AM, miyaism said:

I made an account ages ago, but never really used it. I'm happy to make this my first post! Hope you all will welcome me. :)

This drama is giving me so much feels. One of the main reasons is because Jiu Lu Fei Xiang is my favorite Chinese author, and this is her first novel to be adapted. She is also one of the screenwriters too! Secondly, I have a girl crush on Bai Lu so I was happy she was cast as Zhao Yao. Xu Kai left a pretty good impression on me after Story of Yanxi Palace and that hyped up my anticipation a little more. I enjoyed the first two episodes and love the little interactions between Mo Qing and Zhao Yao. The scenery in some of the takes are so breathtaking. The red and blue is vibrant, but easy on the eyes. If they keep it close to the novel, then there will be some angst, but mostly lightheartedness.

Me too, I think she was the only worth-watching part in "Untouchable Lovers""! I usually don't watch Chinese dramas but her presence here is making me interested (but with no subs I can't watch it anyway).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s my translation of Mo Qing/ Li Chen Lan’s theme Night is Not Yet Over 未央夜.

I didn’t quite understand some of the phrases/ some phrases don’t quite translate into English, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

光透纸窗人影斜

Light shines through the window, casting a slanted shadow

烛火边 谁泪似繁华三千

By the candle light, whose tears are like three thousand liveliness 

举杯肆意消愁 回忆似醉

Lifting a cup to freely dispel sorrow ,memories like a drunken daze

轮廓似一轮明月

Silhouetted like the bright round moon

昔日情劫隐浮现

Past love appears and fades

闭上眼 脑海一如你容颜

Closing my eyes,my thoughts are of her appearance 

待花乱了蝶飞 挥剑如电

Waiting for the flowers to fade and the butterflies to fly (away), controlling my sword like lightning 

身影却如雏燕

Her form is like a young swallow

未央夜 风摇曳 黎明惹一遭轮回

The night is not over, the wind sways, the dawn creates a cycle of reincarnation 

脸朝北 眼惹泪 换不回

Facing the north, tears filling eyes, can never return

暮色惹一寸皎洁

Sunset makes a background for pure light, 

纯白如雪 谁红了双眼

White as snow, someone’s eyes turn red

仍闻风声心事一叠

Still hearing the wind blowing, inner turmoil stacking

夜 缘灭 爱不退 柳染青叶

The night our fate /time together ended, this love does not lessen, green stains the willow leaves

染离悲 犹如浪 千万叠

Sorrow of parting  like endless  ( ten million) waves

一壶薄酒染风雪

A bottle of wine, stained by wind and snow

闲愁锁眉 思绪扣心扉

Frowning in sorrow, thoughts locking heart

千杯尽我却无眠

Emptying thousands of cups, yet I cannot sleep

昔日情劫隐浮现

Past love appears and fades

闭上眼 脑海一如你容颜

Closing my eyes, my thoughts are of her appearance 

待花乱了蝶飞 挥剑如电

Waiting for the flowers to fade and the butterflies to fly (away), controlling my sword like lightning 

身影却如雏燕

Her form is like a young swallow

未央夜 风摇曳 黎明惹一遭轮回

The night is not over, the wind sways, the dawn creates a cycle of reincarnation

脸朝北 眼惹泪 换不回

Facing the north, tears filling eyes, can never return

暮色惹一寸皎洁

Sunset makes a background for pure light

纯白如雪 谁红了双眼

White as snow, someone’s eyes turn red

仍闻风声心事一叠

Still hearing the wind blowing, inner turmoil stacking

夜 缘灭 爱不退 柳染青叶

The night our fate/time together ended, this love does not lessen, green stains the willow leaves

染离悲 犹如浪 千万叠

The sorrow of parting  like  endless ( ten million)waves

一壶薄酒染风雪

A bottle of wine, stained by wind and snow

闲愁锁眉 思绪扣心扉

Frowning in sorrow, thoughts locking heart

千杯尽我却无眠

Emptying thousands of cups, yet I cannot sleep

光透纸窗人影斜

Light shines through the window, casting a slanted shadow

烛火边 谁泪似繁华三千

By the candle light, whose tears are like three thousand liveliness

举杯肆意消愁 回忆似醉

Lifting a cup to freely dispel sorrow ,memories like a drunken daze

轮廓似一轮明月

Silhouetted like the bright round moon

Hello, hello! First post here! 

I love this show so far and I'm trying to watch it raw, but now that I've run out of translated chapters from the novel I really can't keep up. Could someone who does understand whats going on tell me who the guy in the wheelchair is in episode 7?

Just finished watching episode 6 (I think), and I am absolutely CRUSHING hard on Mo Qing (Chen Lan). I wasn't too sure of his casting, but he's doing really well. I've liked Bai Lu since The King is Not Easy, and am so so excited she is playing this badass main character.

Spoiler

The moments between Mo Qing and Zhao Yao are so richard simmons PRECIOUS. You can see his eyes filled with admiration and love with puppy eyes for Zhao Yao. Mo Qing feeding her the Tanghulu candy, OMG :open_mouth: I'm currently watching RAW and still the emotions of this puppy love tugged at my heart so bad. And Zhao Yao is just so amazingly badass! She's punching and fighting all the dudes that wanna kill her, even if she's struggling she's still tough! I love that. They're not really following the novel, but I've only read 10 chapters (since that's all that has been translated). Zhao Yao isn't really a ghost in the drama, more like a doppelganger revived from Zhi Yan's blood and takes on her form, so there's two of them. I think it would have been easier to just have Zhao Yao be a ghost and use Zhi Yan's body to take revenge. Now it's much more complicated, and I think will help add another extra few episodes. I feel like much of the comedic side of Zhao Yao had been lost since the adaption and hope to see more of it restored in the later episodes. I want more Bai Lu scenes with Mo Qing rather than Xiao Yan. Since they're supposed to look alike, Xiao Yan replaces Bai Lu in scenes with Mo Qing, and I just feel the chemistry more with Bai Lu. Anyway, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. :joy:

Looking forward to more episodes to see the story unfold!

Hi @mitri! The person in the wheel chair is Sima Rong

Spoiler

Zhao Yao refers to him as her right hand person. He is her network source/informant. She once thought that if she should ever die, he would be the one to succeed her. He is also Mo Qing aka Li Chenlan’s only friend and confidant. The two trained together, but Mo Qing showed no progress and was demoted to gate guard while he moved up in position.

@chiyako92Hi there! Same here, I scanned through ‘Untouchable Lovers’ for her. She did great playing two different but such tragic characters. I’m hoping this one will get subbed soon!

Hello, @btsgomo I’m also crushing on Mo Qing/Li Chenlan. I love the cuteness and innocence Xu Kai brought in for Mo Qing. I’m looking forward to see more of his Li Chen Lan. Bai Lu is simply amazing as Zhao Yao, but yes the strict censorship is killing the fun a little.

Spoiler

Next week seems to show more Bai Lu and Xu Kai scenes. There’s the library part! She’s working on seducing him, but he’s blocking all her attempts lol

Aww, they didn’t go the Zhao Yao is a ghost route completely but they made the Ghost Market/Spirit Realm another dimension that can be accessed through a tree near Zhao Yao’s grave. Li Chen Lan seems to have some kind of protection spell around Zhao Yao’s grave so he knows when there is an intruder. In the drama, Zhao Yao is invisible during the day because she swallowed an experimental pill, so she has to tell Zhi Yan what to say to Li Chen Lan.

That scene where Zhao Yao begged Li Chen Lan to take her in as a disciple after he caught her intruding again was so cute. Even though Zhao Yao now has Zhi Yan’s face, she still keeps talking even when he turns away, which probably reminded Li Chen Lan of when Zhao Yao taught him to surrender.

Spoiler

In the Ghost Market Zhao Yao meets a chubby scholar and thought his name was Courteous lol. In the book, she later marries him in the Spirit Realm so she could get enough money to buy a (temperorarily) Return to Life Pill. Li Chen Lan was not happy when he found out and ordered everyone to burn paper money so that Zhao Yao can pay the scholar back and get a divorce.

7 hours ago, miyaism said:

Hi @mitri! The person in the wheel chair is Sima Rong

Hide contents

Zhao Yao refers to him as her right hand person. He is her network source/informant. She once thought that if she should ever die, he would be the one to succeed her. He is also Mo Qing aka Li Chenlan’s only friend and confidant. The two trained together, but Mo Qing showed no progress and was demoted to gate guard while he moved up in position.

Thank you! 

I absolutely adore this lead couple and there really weren't a lot of scenes with them together in this weeks episodes. Glad to hear there will be more next week :)

I was rewatching episode 3 and the scene where Zhao Yao was teaching Mo Qing what he should do when he couldn’t beat an enemy. This scene is difinitely my favourite so far.

She was pretending to surrender by saying, “Young hero, I willingly surrender”, but he just looks away and smiles. Awww, so cute!

03-B60-C3-F-997-F-4-B3-F-9-BB8-BF5-D60-E

I also found the trailer for episode 9

19 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

*sigh* As much as I like it, it is kind of dragging. Hopefully next week the story will start to roll for real. We know enough about the background now. :ph34r::sweatingbullets:

I understand what you mean. They're setting the places, people, and things heavily, and it's coming off boring in some parts. I hope it picks up soon, and we get more scenes with Zhao Yao and Chen Lan 

Hi, everyone! It has been months since my last activity in soompi. Lots of job in real life, no drama really interested me, top it with I am getting in touch again my computer gaming :D

The trailer looks interesting, decided that I should check this one. Anyone here familiar with the novel? I watch video uploaded here by @hathanhthanh09 ... Please tell me this is not a sad ending story.

The male lead is so cute and this type of personality is very into my taste for male lead. I haven't checked any of the episodes yet since I am still on my leave for lunar new year and internet here in my house in my hometown is not suitable for this kind of heavy streaming. Hopefully I can contribute to the discussion here by next week.

26 minutes ago, xienrue said:

Hi, everyone! It has been months since my last activity in soompi. Lots of job in real life, no drama really interested me, top it with I am getting in touch again my computer gaming :D

The trailer looks interesting, decided that I should check this one. Anyone here familiar with the novel? I watch video uploaded here by @hathanhthanh09 ... Please tell me this is not a sad ending story.

The male lead is so cute and this type of personality is very into my taste for male lead. I haven't checked any of the episodes yet since I am still on my leave for lunar new year and internet here in my house in my hometown is not suitable for this kind of heavy streaming. Hopefully I can contribute to the discussion here by next week.

Spoiler

The book has a happy ending with the lead couple getting married and having kids. They leave Wan Lo Men to Zhi Yan and she becomes the new Cult Leader.Fingers crossed that the ending hasn’t been changed!

Zhi Yan’s romance with Liu Cang Ling doesn’t work out though because he could not forgive her involvement in his fathers death.

Lu Shi Qi’s romance with Qin Qian Xian doesn’t work out either, because he becomes a true immortal and ascends into immortal realm.

@angelangie is this drama finished airing?  If not, what is the airing schedule?   Do you watch this one?

Why are there not so many followers for this drama and this thread is not moving?   I heard this drama is pretty good from some blogs reviews.

Xu Kai is so pretty:wub:and there is a lot of praise for the FL also.

I intended to binge watch it after it was aired completely but it was so much my style (strong and/or intelligent heroine, devoted hero, eyecandies, decent story) that I couldn’t resist it. B)

Now I hope the hotel has a good Wifi when we are off on holiday soon :lol:.

Archived