[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

44 minutes ago, kiefshi1056 said:

HOPEFULLY NOT!!!! WE WANT KHJ!!!! WE ARE GOING TO PROTEST!!!!! WHERE IS THE LOCATION SHOOTING WE WILL BARRICADE :D..HEHEHEHEHE. IM STILL CROSSING MY FINGER THAT KIM HYUN JOO WILL ACCEPT THE LEAD ROLE!

Kim Hyun Joo will accept the other lead role for KBS drama. She will be paired with Kim Myung Min and that`s great. At least we`ll see her on screen either way but I can`t stop thinking that she would have been so good in this role too. I`ve  imagined Kim Hyun Joo and Kim Kang Woo in the roles already. That`s why I prefer when the actors are announced when it is a done deal.

About Lee Jung Min, I am OK. I saw her just in one drama All About My Romance and she made a good couple on screen with Shin Ha Kyun so I have no doubt that she will do the same with Kim Kang Woo. Good luck on MBC drama!

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Casting news

Uee confirmed to appear in MBC drama My Husband Oh Jok Doo as a protagonist.

34017996.jpg

Uee is scheduled to perform as Han Seung-joo, who is an outsourced production PD in his mid-thirties. Several actors have come to the screen for the role, but eventually Uee has been named to the lineup.

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article.asp?nsID=1274635

I usually don`t comment on the casting but now I have to say something.

I am surprised with this the latest casting news. I never imagine Uee to be the protagonist in this drama. It is good that they finally found an actress for the role of the first protagonist but I am surprised that she was one of the candidates. I like her but I wish they have found an actress in mid 30s who will be more suitable to play the role of a mature woman. There are so many good actresses in mid 30s who don`t have offers, and now, when  there is a role for them they still cast an younger actress. My little rant is for the production/ casting departament only.  But that`s it. Good for her that she has work.

Good luck to Uee and the other team members. I hope it will be a good drama for the actors and for us, the audience, to watch.

The latest news.

Both MBC and actress Uee have made a statement regarding the casting of MBC weekend drama My Husband Oh Jak doo. She is in the final stage of negotiation/coordination.   "It is the right time for Uee to get a proposal for this drama", said her side. 

article.jpg

http://star.mk.co.kr/v2/view.php?sc=40900001&year=2018&no=36055

http://news1.kr/articles/?3208055 

On 1/11/2018 at 11:32 PM, kiefshi1056 said:

HOPEFULLY NOT!!!! WE WANT KHJ!!!! WE ARE GOING TO PROTEST!!!!! WHERE IS THE LOCATION SHOOTING WE WILL BARRICADE :D..HEHEHEHEHE. IM STILL CROSSING MY FINGER THAT KIM HYUN JOO WILL ACCEPT THE LEAD ROLE!

I am 100% sure KHJ is not taking up this drama. You know why I saw her picture on another upcoming drama . That made my heart break as this drama seems to be more interesting for me than the other one. at least some romance part . the other one is more of a drama with no romance/love. it's kind of 3 women featuring lead roles.  i don't know why KHJ chose that one instead of this. i am kind of sad :(

In earlier posts i mentioned i am going to  watch this drama even if KHJ dropped. I take my words back . I can't stand this actress UEE.   she got no acting skills nor attractive personality in my opinion. no offense to her fans

2 hours ago, san11 said:

the other one is more of a drama with no romance/love. it's kind of 3 women featuring lead roles. 

It has two female lead roles for Kim Hyun Joo and Ra Mi Ran. I think it will be a male centric drama more. Kim Myung Min will have the center part. He is the first lead and Kim Hyun Joo will have the first female lead. Ra Mi ran has a major supporting role. I think it will have a love line but it is not a rom com.

I will watch both dramas but I am so sorry that I won`t see Kim Hyun Joo in My Husband Oh Jak Doo. She would have been perfect for this role. I wish I would not know that she almost took the role.  Well, It will be the KBS drama`s gain.

I wonder why  Kim Kang Woo or even Han Sun Hwa has not signed yet. Maybe both actors are a done deal but they will wait to announce all the leads together. 

1 hour ago, larus said:

It has two female lead roles for Kim Hyun Joo and Ra Mi Ran. I think it will be a male centric drama more. Kim Myung Min will have the center part. He is the first lead and Kim Hyun Joo will have the first female lead. Ra Mi ran has a major supporting role. I think it will have a love line but it is not a rom com.

I will watch both dramas but I am so sorry that I won`t see Kim Hyun Joo in My Husband Oh Jak Doo. She would have been perfect for this role. I wish I would not know that she almost took the role.  Well, It will be the KBS drama`s gain.

I wonder why  Kim Kang Woo or even Han Sun Hwa has not signed yet. Maybe both actors are a done deal but they will wait to announce all the leads together. 

I was so excited when i saw KHJ name on this drama thread.. but now :cry:. yes. she would be a perfect role for My Husband oh jak doo.  well she is one fine actress who can very well whatever the role it is. this drama could have brought her comic side one more time to make us happy..somehow my heart keep denying that  KHJ declined this role. I am so addicted to kdramas and started exploring all new dramas..damn. i should have waited to open this thread until they finalize the cast. the only relief is I can see her in the other whether it is good or bad. until then I keep watching 'I have a Lover' :)

@bold.. my thoughts exactly

January 17 2018

Kim Kang-Woo and Uee cast in MBC drama series “My Husband Oh Jak-Doo”

My_Husband_Oh_Jak-Doo-a00.jpg

Kim Kang-Woo and Uee are cast for lead roles in MBC Saturday drama series “My Husband Oh Jak-Doo” (literal title). Jung Sang-Hoon is already cast for a supporting roles in the drama series and Han Sun-Hwa (ex ‘Secret’ member) is considering an offer to play a supporting role. Story for “My Husband Oh Jak-Doo” will follow a single woman (Uee) in her 30’s who decides to marry just to get rid of the stigma of being a single woman. She marries a man (Kim Kang-Woo) that lives in the mountain out of convenience, but they develop feelings romantically.

“My Husband Oh Jak-Doo” first airs March, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-kang-woo-and-uee-cast-in-mbc-drama-series-my-husband-oh-jak-doo

UEE And Kim Kang Woo Confirm Casting In New Drama

UEE and Kim Kang Woo have confirmed their casting in the MBC weekend drama “My Husband Oh Jak Doo!”

Written by Yoo Yoon Kyung and directed by Baek Ho Min, “My Husband Oh Jak Doo” tells the story of a single woman in her mid-thirties (UEE) who, in order to attain the social position of a married woman, takes an innocent, 100% nature man (someone who lives out in nature without modern conveniences) (Kim Kang Woo) to be her husband.

The drama is directed by Baek Ho Min, who has previously directed hits like “My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol” and “Jang Bo Ri Is Here.” Previously Han Sun Hwa had been reported to be in talks to star in the drama.

“My Husband Oh Jak Doo” is slated to premiere sometime in March.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/17/uee-kim-kang-woo-confirm-casting-new-drama/

3 hours ago, larus said:

UEE And Kim Kang Woo Confirm Casting In New Drama

UEE and Kim Kang Woo have confirmed their casting in the MBC weekend drama “My Husband Oh Jak Doo!”

Written by Yoo Yoon Kyung and directed by Baek Ho Min, “My Husband Oh Jak Doo” tells the story of a single woman in her mid-thirties (UEE) who, in order to attain the social position of a married woman, takes an innocent, 100% nature man (someone who lives out in nature without modern conveniences) (Kim Kang Woo) to be her husband.

The drama is directed by Baek Ho Min, who has previously directed hits like “My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol” and “Jang Bo Ri Is Here.” Previously Han Sun Hwa had been reported to be in talks to star in the drama.

“My Husband Oh Jak Doo” is slated to premiere sometime in March.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/17/uee-kim-kang-woo-confirm-casting-new-drama/

What about Sunhwa? confirmed as second lead girl? UEE is a cutie for play mid thirties...

On 17.01.2018 at 6:22 PM, thehiver said:

What about Sunhwa? confirmed as second lead girl? UEE is a cutie for play mid thirties...

Not yet. So far we don`t have an official confirmation that Han Sunhwa sign for this drama but I think we`ll have the news soon.

We have new names for supporting cast: Park Jung-soo, Han Sang-jin , Jung Chan, Jung Soo-Young.

201801190844779977_5a61335f36981.jpg

Park Jung-soo will play the mother of Han Seung-joo (Uee).

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?page=1&branch=&source=&category=entertainment&art_id=5961787

Thanks @larus for creating this thread.

I have watched few of Uee's dramas but I'm not a great fan yet. I'm interested in this drama because of Kim Kang Woo. First watched him in A Man Story's with the late Park Yong Ha. Got fascinated with KKW in AMS as the villain.  He was the scene stealer. Since then I have watched his Haeundae Lovers and Circle.

Gonna invite my chingu deul here to join us....

@moodypie @itsmarga @tessieroo @maryofbethany @blindfury @Nerise @gyu2003 @suchadiva42 @dimples21 @vangsweetie637 @bebebisous33 @plappi @Kasmic @nonski

Han Seonhwa confirms "My Husband Oh Jak Doo" and she will play Jak Doo`s (Kim Kang Woo) first love, a star national musician.

2018012608233376348-540x360.jpg

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?page=1&branch=&source=&category=entertainment&art_id=5980311

Sunhwa to work with UEE in upcoming MBC drama

By mkim93   40 minutes ago   723   259   1
Sunhwa.jpg
Sunhwa has been confirmed to star in MBC's upcoming drama ''Oh Jak Du, the Husband Who Lives With His Wife's Family' (literal translation).

Approximately two months ago, it was reported that Sunhwa was being considered for the drama but both MBC and her agency denied the rumors. However, it has been confirmed by Huayi Brothers that she will, in fact, be starring the new drama. They stated, "Sunhwa has been cast as the lead female of Jang Eun Jo, for 'Oh Jak Du, the Husband Who Lives With His Wife's Family'."

Just about a week prior to the news, it was confirmed UEE will also play a lead roles in the drama. The drama will air its first episode on March 3!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/01/sunhwa-to-work-with-uee-in-upcoming-mbc-drama

Archived