Ayame

4 minutes ago, sierralainewalsh said:

Ahh, I also cannot watch another Kdrama for now so I watched Japanese dramas. I started HapiMari last night then ended up rewatching BTIMFL episode 1 & 2 haha 

Thank you so much for your hard work @Ayame❤️ 

This thread is my happy place after the drama ended. Thank you to everyone for the posts and updates!

Oh. You might like "Please Love the Useless Me" or Dame na Watashi ni Koishitte Kudasai. It's a drama adaptation of a manga from the mangaka who made Lovely Complex/Love Com. It's quite more dramatic in the drama but is still good, nevertheless. HapiMari is fine, however I don't like the attitude of the man. Too much machismo (much lighter than the manga tho).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 042278mu said:

Hi everyne ive been reading this thread for some time and i end up posting here.

im also a fan of btimfl ,jsm and lmk.but i still dont know if i ship them that much. I’m not yet ready to be devastated .

imo..

*jsm # of her jeju pics,if ur first time in jeju or maybe not,seeing how beautiful the place,dont u want to stay?

*jsm’s wrong date, did u not ever think that those autographs are written during last day off filming? Acquired by the staff and give it to thier friend in jeju?

*lmk’s stares on pics esp those u said he’s looking at jsm,dont u not think he not looking at jsm but looking at nothing, kust blank face “once a robot always be a robot”***laugh

Oooppss sorry if i wake u up fr ur delussions..

Lets be happy shipping SominKi couple!

Goodnight!

(sorry for my bad english )

Er, I really don’t mean to be rude and ‘chase you away’ but if you’re not a shipper, I don’t think you should be here - Hahahahaha! Ok, maybe I will just treat your post as a joke. Trust me, all shippers WAKE UP when REAL LIFE intervenes - so until uri BEAUTIFUL FIRST LIFERS get interrupted by REAL LIFE (in this case, if either So-Min or Min-Ki announces they are dating another person or getting married to another person) - we will continue to have HOPES (whether they are HIGHLY DELUSIONAL or based on some rather convincing evidence) - so please let us be and allow us our moments of escape, jaebal? 

Real life (as in our own lives) is VERY VERY difficult at times ... 

Sorry if I offend you or anyone else - but if there are those who don’t like our ship, you don’t have to be here, please forget you even come visit.

I'm not sure if this thought has been shared before, but why do I keep thinking that LMK himself who runs xgo_odx account on ig and pretends he's staff or manager? Or at least, the acc is shared. So both LMK and his representative have access to run it. Let say, the staff or manager from the casts' agencies didn't join the trip, did LMK send his Jeju pictures and asked his representative to post them? 

As far as I know (correct me if i'm wrong), accounts run by manager have hd pictures (?) along with long caption (?). 

Is good entertainment (?) a big company? Don't they have the budget for their talents' hd stills?

Also there is high possibility for celebrities to have more than one account. Like for promotion and for private. I do think LMK is active on ig but doesn't post much. Like scroll down the feeds. He used to twetted on twitter few years ago tho. I mean, today, everyone is on sns, right?

Like JH, LMK/SH was not my/JH's type. Back then, before BTIMFL, years ago,  when I found his ig accidentally,  i was judging him as a bad boy (lol). His ig posts were 'scary' for me :D (Hope you understand what i mean). But now, he's everywhere in my mind :D

6 hours ago, 042278mu said:

Hi everyne ive been reading this thread for some time and i end up posting here.

im also a fan of btimfl ,jsm and lmk.but i still dont know if i ship them that much. I’m not yet ready to be devastated .

imo..

*jsm # of her jeju pics,if ur first time in jeju or maybe not,seeing how beautiful the place,dont u want to stay?

*jsm’s wrong date, did u not ever think that those autographs are written during last day off filming? Acquired by the staff and give it to thier friend in jeju?

*lmk’s stares on pics esp those u said he’s looking at jsm,dont u not think he not looking at jsm but looking at nothing, kust blank face “once a robot always be a robot”***laugh

Goodnight!

Let me answer you to your question whether you don't know if you ship them or not..YOU AREN'T.AT.ALL. 

A shipper won't ask fellow shippers to wake up from delusion, we sominki shippers might spazz for every single tiniest hint but we also know how to be rational and logical.So don't you worry about us here, we are all good and a bunch of happy people here :)

7 hours ago, 042278mu said:

imo..

Goodnight!

wow this is what i love and what  miss in shipping world.... how to have a INTELLIGENT REBUTTAL...

ok i will answer it with rational analization as possible :

on regards to "jsm’s wrong date, did u not ever think that those autographs are written during last day off filming? Acquired by the staff and give it to thier friend in jeju?"

my answer: if that staff want to give the autographs to  their friend in jeju why waiting for Dec 4 and personally give the autograph? the staff can send it thru email ASAP or thru mail/ express mail  i mean its not expensive? why waiting for dec 4 specially if u know that the friend in jeju is a die hard fan of btiMFL? 

my answer: did you asked this to LMK and that's LMK answer? only LMK can answer and  knows  the truth about that.. possibly yes as a blank face possibly the other way around... for us it became intriguing probably the angle  of lmk looking toward jsm what is more intriguing said pictures were deleted, why deleting it? the owner of the ig can edit the caption and explain it but it just deleted.

jsm # of her jeju pics,if ur first time in jeju or maybe not,seeing how beautiful the place,dont u want to stay?

my answer: can you elaborate more coz i don't get it??? in terms that jsm just want to stay in jeju? or she returned to Seoul immediately? i mean its paid by the tvn so definitely a round trip ticket... 

i wonder if your a troll? never ship a couple? or its tje other way around telling that to yourself because deep inside because sominki already started on you?

7 hours ago, 042278mu said:

imo..

Goodnight!

Hahahha! That's your first post meaning you opened an account just to troll ?  Can you not just let them ship and be happy with this thread?   Gurl, don't be sorry for your bad english, be sorry for your bad intention.  

I'm just being really random and most of you probably have figured this out already LOL I mean I am pretty confident that all of the casts were hanging out together on their last day in Jeju but as a rational person, I am still a bit uncertain since we don't have much confirmation. :lol: Most pics shared in their IG are missing JSM and in a deliberate way if I must say. So the bored me was scrolling and admiring their pics yesterday and I realised the area where Somin took pic with KMS (which got deleted shortly) was the exact(?) location of the pic Minki shared in his IG (the pic with him, Kim Gaeun and Kim Min Seok).  

Circling those objects in red (the little boat, square-ish thingy and the red lighthouse)

MyHKhAm.jpg

JJweze4.jpg

FkqKASH.jpg

pic cr to samuliesword, xgo_odx and byung_eun_park IG

That's all. Hahaha sorry for being random.

Chingus, let's just ignore the troll. We're still not sure if he's really trolling on purpose or not, but as long as it's against the spirit of this thread, I think it's best to ignore him and continue on with our delusion! :)

2 hours ago, eunji18 said:

Like JH, LMK/SH was not my/JH's type. Back then, before BTIMFL, years ago,  when I found his ig accidentally,  i was judging him as a bad boy (lol). His ig posts were 'scary' for me :D (Hope you understand what i mean). But now, he's everywhere in my mind :D

Sorry to cut your post, but you might be right (to some extent) that LMK was a bad boy. Park Sung-woong (his co-star in 'For The Emperor' said that he's a heavy drinker, and that might have lead to the problem in that club in Busan where he's accused of sexual harassment (probably everyone was being drunk that night). But I have faith that he really want to change that image, control himself and act more careful and mature from now on. I believe in him. Me and his fans will always got his back!

He really needs a good and caring girlfriend, so he has no more reason to go to night clubs anymore lol. JSM is such a perfect girl from him, and although we've seen many signs that he's really into her, we're still not sure what she really thinks and feels about him. Let's hope for the best and respect her decision, whatever that may be. ^_^

59 minutes ago, velvetine said:

Chingus, let's just ignore the troll. We're still not sure if he's really trolling on purpose or not, but as long as it's against the spirit of this thread, I think it's best to ignore him and continue on with our delusion! :)

Sorry to cut your post, but you might be right (to some extent) that LMK was a bad boy. Park Sung-woong (his co-star in 'For The Emperor' said that he's a heavy drinker, and that might have lead to the problem in that club in Busan where he's accused of sexual harassment (probably everyone was being drunk that night). But I have faith that he really want to change that image, control himself and act more careful and mature from now on. I believe in him. Me and his fans will always got his back!

He really needs a good and caring girlfriend, so he has no more reason to go to night clubs anymore lol. JSM is such a perfect girl from him, and although we've seen many signs that he's really into her, we're still not sure what she really thinks and feels about him. Let's hope for the best and respect her decision, whatever that may be. ^_^

Thanks for this piece of info about Min-ki, my Dear! Well, he was a very BAD BOY in For The Emperor! Hahahaha! But I think now, everyone thinks of him as Sae Hee! Hahahaha!! Even PD-Nim said Min-Ki is like Sae Hee - the flat face, etc!! Hahahaha! 

But there’s a sort of avant garde spirit about Min-Ki - I watched his movie - Oishii Man - it’s like an art house movie, and I hope he gets to act in another arty movie! Hahaha! Those movies usually do quite well in the international scene but not sure whether they’ll be commercial successes! 

In fact, at the beginning of the drama, many fans thought So-Min is too cute and not avant garde edgy enough for Min-Ki, but if you look at pictures of her and even her own posts on IG, she’s also quite artsy and avant garde! For instance, the way she changed her hair colour and her aesthetics - when she’s posing for a pic or when she’s taking a pic!

I think Min-Ki likes her a lot - he is probably very grateful to her, plus they are from the same province, so they may be speaking in their own dialect privately!! 

We will just have to let time take its course - if things are meant to happen, they’ll happen. If not, then, as long as they’re both happy! 

3 hours ago, eunji18 said:

I'm not sure if this thought has been shared before, but why do I keep thinking that LMK himself who runs xgo_odx account on ig and pretends he's staff or manager? Or at least, the acc is shared. So both LMK and his representative have access to run it. Let say, the staff or manager from the casts' agencies didn't join the trip, did LMK send his Jeju pictures and asked his representative to post them? 

As far as I know (correct me if i'm wrong), accounts run by manager have hd pictures (?) along with long caption (?). 

Is good entertainment (?) a big company? Don't they have the budget for their talents' hd stills?

Also there is high possibility for celebrities to have more than one account. Like for promotion and for private. I do think LMK is active on ig but doesn't post much. Like scroll down the feeds. He used to twetted on twitter few years ago tho. I mean, today, everyone is on sns, right?

Yes, I asked sort of the same question like you. But I suppose it’s no big deal they don’t follow each other - since these accounts are public. Like I stated earlier, I am very sure both of them have private accounts! 

If I were a celebrity, I will most definitely have one or more other private accounts! The public account can be managed by my manager / management but my private account is only for my close friends and loved ones - it’s quite commonsensical, I think - you don’t want to expose EVERY part of your life to the whole world, right?? 

Since JSM seems like a private person, I am pretty sure she could have another account under her REAL name - what is it again? Kim Yoon Ji?? Is Yoon Ji an androgynous name too? Like Ji Ho?? Hahaha! Like what someone said earlier on this thread, maybe Min-Ki calls her Yoon Ji or maybe he still calls her Ji-Ho!!!! Hahahahaha!!

1 hour ago, seonamcouple said:

Thanks for this piece of info about Min-ki, my Dear! Well, he was a very BAD BOY in For The Emperor! Hahahaha! But I think now, everyone thinks of him as Sae Hee! Hahahaha!! Even PD-Nim said Min-Ki is like Sae Hee - the flat face, etc!! Hahahaha! 

But there’s a sort of avant garde spirit about Min-Ki - I watched his movie - Oishii Man - it’s like an art house movie, and I hope he gets to act in another arty movie! Hahaha! Those movies usually do quite well in the international scene but not sure whether they’ll be commercial successes! 

In fact, at the beginning of the drama, many fans thought So-Min is too cute and not avant garde edgy enough for Min-Ki, but if you look at pictures of her and even her own posts on IG, she’s also quite artsy and avant garde! For instance, the way she changed her hair colour and her aesthetics - when she’s posing for a pic or when she’s taking a pic!

I think Min-Ki likes her a lot - he is probably very grateful to her, plus they are from the same province, so they may be speaking in their own dialect privately!! 

We will just have to let time take its course - if things are meant to happen, they’ll happen. If not, then, as long as they’re both happy! 

You think should I watch For The Emperor? Lolz. I am interested in LMK's past projects, but am not sure whether I want to be "corrupted" by his image in For the Emperor lol (still very much in Ji Ho-Se Hee mode). I know he has a very bad scene inside. Actually, I feel sad to know he has a previous scandal prior to this after I googled about him (after the drama finishes). Sad, because JSM seems like a decent girl, and I wouldn't like if my current crush has a bad history to his name (putting myself in JSM's shoes lols). I still hope that they can overlook his past history and work from there, of course.

JSM does seem like those innocent, naive girl but from her IG, it seems like she can be pretty artsy and edgy too. LMK, as we know can totally pull off the edgy look.

31 minutes ago, liselle said:

You think should I watch For The Emperor? Lolz. I am interested in LMK's past projects, but am not sure whether I want to be "corrupted" by his image in For the Emperor lol (still very much in Ji Ho-Se Hee mode). I know he has a very bad scene inside. Actually, I feel sad to know he has a previous scandal prior to this after I googled about him (after the drama finishes). Sad, because JSM seems like a decent girl, and I wouldn't like if my current crush has a bad history to his name (putting myself in JSM's shoes lols). I still hope that they can overlook his past history and work from there, of course.

JSM does seem like those innocent, naive girl but from her IG, it seems like she can be pretty artsy and edgy too. LMK, as we know can totally pull off the edgy look.

I think in their present relationship, they already went past the scandal thing. I mean it would have surfaced earlier when they were just starting to work together. It's impossible that JSM knows nothing about it. I believe all the staff and casts in the show know about it. What did Somin do with that in mind? She didn't treat him differently. She even got close to him to the point they talk in banmal (she calls him oppa) and that Somin can fool around with LMK (e.g., pulling his hoodie jokingly). I am very positive about our ship. ❤

I wish SoMinKi to take all the time they need to heal from the post BTIMFL blues. I can see SM not being much active on IG for a time, both her and Lmk need to get back to reality atm and social media never help doing that. Now if during this “healing time” they also spend time with each other that would be a great bonus lol 

Delurking to just comment on LMK. Although he had his wild days when he was younger, I think in recent years he has actually tried to change his lifestyle. Remember this pic Park Byung Eun uploaded?

Screenshot_20171206-172705.jpg

He clarified that the cigarette butts are not from LMK, and that LMK has already quit smoking. So it shows that if LMK wants to change, he has the will to really do it. 

Until now, I'm still unsure about this 2 (sorry if I offend anyone by saying this). But i just want to say a person's present or future should not be cast in stone by his past.

I personally know a 'bad boy' who changed totally after meeting the love of his life. His gf is super sweet and kind and never judged him. She didn't agree to go out with him until 3 years later, and during that 3 years, he went from almost-a-college-drop-out to one of the better students in his faculty. Some of these bad boys just need to meet the right one, that's all. 

7 hours ago, eunji18 said:

I have a same thought as you do about his ig account. i think both (him and his manager/agency representative) have an access To that account :) i noticed it from the caption.

7 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

Delurking to just comment on LMK. Although he had his wild days when he was younger, I think in recent years he has actually tried to change his lifestyle. Remember this pic Park Byung Eun uploaded?

Screenshot_20171206-172705.jpg

He clarified that the cigarette butts are not from LMK, and that LMK has already quit smoking. So it shows that if LMK wants to change, he has the will to really do it. 

Until now, I'm still unsure about this 2 (sorry if I offend anyone by saying this). But i just want to say a person's present or future should not be cast in stone by his past.

I personally know a 'bad boy' who changed totally after meeting the love of his life. His gf is super sweet and kind and never judged him. She didn't agree to go out with him until 3 years later, and during that 3 years, he went from almost-a-college-drop-out to one of the better students in his faculty. Some of these bad boys just need to meet the right one, that's all. 

I couldn’t agree more. LMK seem to have become very mature and trustworthy, even  Knets are warming up again towards him. Nobody is perfect and as long as we learn from our mistakes we can always get back on our feet. BTIMFL taught us this well, and I’m sure LMK knows it too. :) We all love and support him. 

Ah, I'm delighted to see the love for LMK. I guess it's time to get emotional on a long rant again! ^_^

Frankly, I started posting in this thread not as a shipper, but as someone who instantly became his fan because of BTIMFL. Before the show, I've never really been into K-Dramas. This guy managed to get my attention, seeing his character as NSH, and seeing how calm, shy, polite, and down-to-earth he behaved in the press conference and the interviews. Furthermore, his face is so unique. Not your generic pretty-boy idol faces, but he looks charming and handsome. Then I started to do a background check.

After watching his movies and dramas, I'm convinced that he's such an amazing and versatile actor who never seem to get the amount of attention he deserved locally or internationally. Probably because his movies weren't that good, quality-wise. Yet his acting was always on point no matter what kind of character he plays. That's when I became sure, this is that one Korean actor whom I will follow throughout the rest of his career.

And then, I became aware of his scandal. It was unfortunate, and even though the charges were dropped by the woman who accused him of sexual harassment at a night club, I believed he was not fully innocent, considering his fondness of drinking. But that didn't stop me, and instead, I symphatize with his situation and became more interested in him. At 2016, he finally got the fame he deserved, but it was not in a good way. Some people even got the idea that he got discharged from military service due to the scandal. That must have been very, very tough on him.

Thankfully, he (with the help of his management) managed to get the attention of PD Joon-Hwa, and lands a leading role in a drama series for the first time in 10 years. Even so, at first, public was doubtful. I've seen people saying the show won't be successful because of his casting, and that he's far from good enough to be the co-star to Somin who's having a stellar year after FIS. But at the end, more and more people started to praise him for his performance, his little gestures, manner of speaking, and eye gazes which breathe life to such a robotic character, as well as his adorable chemistry with Somin, on and off-screen (which is mainly attributed to her professionalism).

I joined this thread and decided to casually ship the pair because of how fun and exciting it was. It's entertaining and amusing to see your comments and analysis, they always make my day. Even though I'd love for Sominki to be in a deeper relationship, considering that from this day forward we may be having less and less opportunity of seeing them together aside from events and ceremonies, I think I'd be more interested to see Somin maintaining a close, brother-sister relationship, with her being a catalyst for change in Minki, to finally change his bad boy images and become a man who gets the highest respect from both fans or non-fans as well as recognition from fellow actors and the media.

So, at the year 2018 and onwards, I really want him to become more successful than he ever was, and I believe BTIMFL has succeeded to jumpstart his career. He's really lucky to gets a role in the drama, and he's really lucky to meet her. He's been through a lot just like Se Hee, so now I want him to be happy, just like Se Hee. :)

End of rant. Thanks for reading!

Smoker. Heavy drinker. Scandal. Negative image.

Remember these words from BTIMFL?

Meeting someone in life is something that's actually astonishing
That's because he brings himself with his past, present, and his future
That's because someone's whole life comes along
The heart is fragile
Therefore, it might have been broken
That heart, is coming too
- Jung Hyun Jong

Those words are veiled hint about SH, but applicable to LMK in real life. I'm confident that those words from the poem stayed in JSM's heart. The drama has so many beautiful words to say, no wonder the cast esp JSM and LMK learned a lot from this drama (I read this in an article, I think it was here in soompi).

LMK's previous fall may be his turning point - to change for the better, to improve himself as an actor, and as a person.

I'm still onboard this ship. I think this is LMK's first time to be shipped with his onscreen partner with an Official thread. And I'm so glad it is with JSM.

Thanks to all kinds of SoMinKi shippers.

Archived