Ayame

7 minutes ago, raqlobster said:

Smoker. Heavy drinker. Scandal. Negative image.

Remember these words from BTIMFL?

Meeting someone in life is something that's actually astonishing
That's because he brings himself with his past, present, and his future
That's because someone's whole life comes along
The heart is fragile
Therefore, it might have been broken
That heart, is coming too
- Jung Hyun Jong

Those words are veiled hint about SH, but applicable to LMK in real life. I'm confident that those words from the poem stayed in JSM's heart. The drama has so many beautiful words to say, no wonder the cast esp JSM and LMK learned a lot from this drama (I read this in an article, I think it was here in soompi).

LMK's previous fall may be his turning point - to change for the better, to improve himself as an actor, and as a person.

I'm still onboard this ship. I think this is LMK's first time to be shipped with his onscreen partner with an Official thread. And I'm so glad it is with JSM.

Thanks to all kinds of SoMinKi shippers.

:heart:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, raqlobster said:

Smoker. Heavy drinker. Scandal. Negative image.

Remember these words from BTIMFL?

Meeting someone in life is something that's actually astonishing
That's because he brings himself with his past, present, and his future
That's because someone's whole life comes along
The heart is fragile
Therefore, it might have been broken
That heart, is coming too
- Jung Hyun Jong

Those words are veiled hint about SH, but applicable to LMK in real life. I'm confident that those words from the poem stayed in JSM's heart. The drama has so many beautiful words to say, no wonder the cast esp JSM and LMK learned a lot from this drama (I read this in an article, I think it was here in soompi).

LMK's previous fall may be his turning point - to change for the better, to improve himself as an actor, and as a person.

I'm still onboard this ship. I think this is LMK's first time to be shipped with his onscreen partner with an Official thread. And I'm so glad it is with JSM.

Thanks to all kinds of SoMinKi shippers.

I love your post! It's giving me the fuzzy feels ❤️

SoMinki makes me happy so I'm all for this ship!

We should have a nickname for ourselves or something.. haha.

PS: @MianneChan thanks for the recommendation!! I'll watch it after HapiMari :)

analyzation time again...

hmmm do you think how many times did minseok and minki went to noraba_jeju during their stay in jeju? or a we know that they went there because the resto post it in their ig ( i don't know how to hide pics specially i'm using my mobile while doing this analyzation so please bear with me) 

but apparantly, because of late upload of pictures we found out that  kim gaeun  also went to the noraba_jeju because of this (if you go to noraba_jeju ig this is one of their infamous signage)

and we know that minki post a pic of him, minseok and gae eun together

15 hours ago, Ayame said:

Whoa, I actually did the same thing a few days ago. For sure, BTIMFL is better than GMC, but I still did enjoy GMC a little bit. I still try to watch J-dramas to practice my Japanese more. What did you think of Season 2? I think it's better than Season 1, but I was still frustrated at times lol.

You guys seriously???? I also binged watched Good Morning Call Season2 on Netflix post-BTIMFL. I finished the first two episodes and the last four episodes in one sitting. Yes, I'm going through serious BTIMFL withdrawals. Uehara in Season 2 reminds me so Much of Nam Se Hee. He's an absolute robot in the making. I agree that Season 2 is much better than season 1. The weird thing about this drama is that it's not perfect, it's cliche, but I still don't mind watching it. I don't know what it is with GMC. Yoshikawa is far too candy to be a Ji Ho but she has a similar intuition. I think that's why GMC may be hitting it off with me too. 

Spoiler

Side comment: Yoshikawa sure has a lot of charm for wrapping up three of the most handsome boys in campus across her fingers. fascinating interpretation of femininity. 

5 hours ago, velvetine said:

Ah, I'm delighted to see the love for LMK. I guess it's time to get emotional on a long rant again! ^_^

Frankly, I started posting in this thread not as a shipper, but as someone who instantly became his fan because of BTIMFL. Before the show, I've never really been into K-Dramas. This guy managed to get my attention, seeing his character as NSH, and seeing how calm, shy, polite, and down-to-earth he behaved in the press conference and the interviews. Furthermore, his face is so unique. Not your generic pretty-boy idol faces, but he looks charming and handsome. Then I started to do a background check.

After watching his movies and dramas, I'm convinced that he's such an amazing and versatile actor who never seem to get the amount of attention he deserved locally or internationally. Probably because his movies weren't that good, quality-wise. Yet his acting was always on point no matter what kind of character he plays. That's when I became sure, this is that one Korean actor whom I will follow throughout the rest of his career.

And then, I became aware of his scandal. It was unfortunate, and even though the charges were dropped by the woman who accused him of sexual harassment at a night club, I believed he was not fully innocent, considering his fondness of drinking. But that didn't stop me, and instead, I symphatize with his situation and became more interested in him. At 2016, he finally got the fame he deserved, but it was not in a good way. Some people even got the idea that he got discharged from military service due to the scandal. That must have been very, very tough on him.

Thankfully, he (with the help of his management) managed to get the attention of PD Joon-Hwa, and lands a leading role in a drama series for the first time in 10 years. Even so, at first, public was doubtful. I've seen people saying the show won't be successful because of his casting, and that he's far from good enough to be the co-star to Somin who's having a stellar year after FIS. But at the end, more and more people started to praise him for his performance, his little gestures, manner of speaking, and eye gazes which breathe life to such a robotic character, as well as his adorable chemistry with Somin, on and off-screen (which is mainly attributed to her professionalism).

I joined this thread and decided to casually ship the pair because of how fun and exciting it was. It's entertaining and amusing to see your comments and analysis, they always make my day. Even though I'd love for Sominki to be in a deeper relationship, considering that from this day forward we may be having less and less opportunity of seeing them together aside from events and ceremonies, I think I'd be more interested to see Somin maintaining a close, brother-sister relationship, with her being a catalyst for change in Minki, to finally change his bad boy images and become a man who gets the highest respect from both fans or non-fans as well as recognition from fellow actors and the media.

So, at the year 2018 and onwards, I really want him to become more successful than he ever was, and I believe BTIMFL has succeeded to jumpstart his career. He's really lucky to gets a role in the drama, and he's really lucky to meet her. He's been through a lot just like Se Hee, so now I want him to be happy, just like Se Hee. :)

End of rant. Thanks for reading!

I've known LMK since Dalja's Spring and if I recall, he mentioned in an interview that he is not good with long breaks. It gives him some sort of anxiety and he ends up drinking. He preferred working as he feels productive and usually prohibits him from just drinking and allows him to sleep properly. The scandal that lead him to postpone his comeback might've really hurt him a lot. I couldn't imagine what he felt having received that long break because of the scandal. I'v watched most of his movies and yes, his talent isn't appreciated that much. When choosing projects, he prioritizes the character that he plays rather than the story. That is why BTIMFL is a blessing since it offered him a good character, script, production and co-stars. I am hoping for the best for him. Minki-ssi Hwaiting!!!

Sigh. Real life has been nuts lately. That's why I'm thankful for this wonderful thread--where shippers of all degrees and types can come together! @raqlobster, your post summarized it just perfectly! Thank you for that!

My personal shipping type is that of friendship -> love -> wedding bells. Hahahah! It'd be great to see how their bond develops and maintain over time. At this moment, I'm just happy at witnessing the BTS and the small moments that they choose to share with us. 

By the way, another couple who apparently began as best friends has just been confirmed to be dating for a year and a half! hahahahaha 

Anyway, I love how we all help each other out in this thread and not judge or hold anyone's level of shipping against him or her. Such an atmosphere is just delightful to be in. 

Have a fantastic rest of your week, everyone!

P.S. @Ayame and @kimnabong ... I know there was one other person who started talking about GMC2... sorry if I've forgotten to include you! I liked Season 2 better than one. There's more things happening between Yoshikawa and Uehara and I want S3 to happen only because of how they wrapped up the season. I want more!

Of course, again, it's barely holds a candle to BTIMFL but I wanted to detox from our beloved drama. I was frustrated, as usual, by GMC's leads but the moments that were groundbreaking I actually shouted triumphantly and jumped from my seat in joy much to the surprise of my family. Then again, it's easy to get a reaction from me. :)

I am seriously considering watching Jugglers now. Just because I find the male lead attractive. But I bet that I'll always be comparing the drama to BTIMFL. 

Gah. Withdrawal symptoms are the worst. 

@ahhhjummahhhjo Oh yeah, I definitely want Season 3 for GMC. They said on their official instagram that if enough people request it, there's a good chance of it happening. So hopefully. *crosses fingers*

Right now, I'm starting to watch Ashita no Yakusoku. It's not a romance drama, but it's interesting so far. (And also because I've loved Inoue Mao since the days of Hana Yori Dango and Nakama Yukie since the Gokusen days lol.) For K-dramas, Jugglers does seem interested to me as well. I might start that. I sort of want to watch The Black Knight because I've always loved KRW's acting, but SSK has always been a hit or miss for me. I seem to like her acting a lot better in historical dramas than all her other ones.

But yeah, withdrawal symptoms really are the worst sometimes. And yeah I read that article on Seo In Guk & Park Bo Ram a few hours ago. I like both of their music individually, so I didn't even realize that they knew each other. Happy for them. <3 I'd be nice if SoMinKi could end up like that someday, but the BTS and instagram photos we got is already a lot. I'm grateful for that. ^^

Ah, in relation to LMK's Instagram both him and his management actually have direct access to his account. Unlike now, LMK posts a lot of selfies and random stuff before in his IG account (his captions were sometimes in English as well). He actually posed with girls (producers, co-actors in sometimes friendly/mischievous manner) more than once that sometimes led to dating speculations (WHO'S THAT GIRL??? YOUR GF, OPPA??? OMG #JEALOUS!!!). He was unapologetic about posting them. 

Yes, his management also has a hand on his IG account...because it is a one-man agency. LMK left his previous agency (he was with Ha Ji-won and Kim Seung-woo's agency) for 7 years and launched his own agency. He actually named his agency Good Management (wow so creative! Very innovative! lol). It was something about ODD eyes. Even though it is a one-man agency, he still has a manager and agency president (management isn't handled by him and I guess he wanted more freedom). I also assume that his manager would be the one taking his photos since recently, he doesn't post selfies like before. So, yes, that is him on his IG account liking SoMinKi photos. 

I hope that helps. 

17 hours ago, liselle said:

You think should I watch For The Emperor? Lolz. I am interested in LMK's past projects, but am not sure whether I want to be "corrupted" by his image in For the Emperor lol (still very much in Ji Ho-Se Hee mode). I know he has a very bad scene inside. Actually, I feel sad to know he has a previous scandal prior to this after I googled about him (after the drama finishes). Sad, because JSM seems like a decent girl, and I wouldn't like if my current crush has a bad history to his name (putting myself in JSM's shoes lols). I still hope that they can overlook his past history and work from there, of course.

JSM does seem like those innocent, naive girl but from her IG, it seems like she can be pretty artsy and edgy too. LMK, as we know can totally pull off the edgy look.

I think if it’s a mature love, you have to accept a person’s past. Sorry, but why would you feel sad for Somin or anyone else for that matter, if the person he or she likes has a ‘bad history’?

To me, that seems a bit condescending, no? 

Right now, I am with someone with a so-called ‘bad history’ - he has changed completely now, and it’s not just because of me, but because he himself wanted the change. 

@raqlobster puts it more eloquently - Thank you very much, my Dear, for reminding us the CRUCIAL lesson from this wonderful drama - when we live life as a series of firsts, it means FORGIVING OURSELVES besides forgiving others, for past mistakes... 

Of course, we’re just shipping them but we wish and hope for the best for their relationship in reality, whether they will end up as life partners or just close friends.

17 minutes ago, mydisplayname said:

Ah, in relation to LMK's Instagram both him and his management actually have direct access to his account. Unlike now, LMK posts a lot of selfies and random stuff before in his IG account (his captions were sometimes in English as well). He actually posed with girls (producers, co-actors in sometimes friendly/mischievous manner) more than once that sometimes led to dating speculations (WHO'S THAT GIRL??? YOUR GF, OPPA??? OMG #JEALOUS!!!). He was unapologetic about posting them. 

Yes, his management also has a hand on his IG account...because it is a one-man agency. LMK left his previous agency (he was with Ha Ji-won and Kim Seung-woo's agency) for 7 years and launched his own agency. He actually named his agency Good Management (wow so creative! Very innovative! lol). It was something about ODD eyes. Even though it is a one-man agency, he still has a manager and agency president (management isn't handled by him and I guess he wanted more freedom). I also assume that his manager would be the one taking his photos since recently, he doesn't post selfies like before. So, yes, that is him on his IG account liking SoMinKi photos. 

I hope that helps. 

Woah Impressive. 

I had no idea his agency was his own. So it's very much like a working IG, with maybe a few personal posts here and there... I really wonder if he also has a private IG, it would make sense but I read he's not that much into SNS so he's probably okay just with the one he has/runs.

Thanks for the info chingu.

Lee Min Ki - rock and roll style!! He looks SO GOOD with eyeliner! Haha! The above video shows his musical debut- pity his music wasn’t promoted and developed enough. Since he has his own agency now, I hope he will try to develop his music too! 

My dream is to have him play the guitar and do a duet with So-Min ....!! He doesn’t have a very good voice (neither does she! Haha!) - but they both have a style about them! 

By the way, I know So-Min dances very well - especially Korean traditional dance but has she ever released an album or sing before this drama? Anyone knows?

42 minutes ago, meiil said:

Woah Impressive. 

I had no idea his agency was his own. So it's very much like a working IG, with maybe a few personal posts here and there... I really wonder if he also has a private IG, it would make sense but I read he's not that much into SNS so he's probably okay just with the one he has/runs.

Thanks for the info chingu.

He said something about being minimalist in the Marie Claire interview. He had a now-inactive Twitter account. Maybe he sometimes uses the IG account but not that much as before.

@mydisplayname thank you for the information! I never thought he's under a one-man agency! When did he leave his former agency? It would be nice if we can have more insight about this topic. 

52 minutes ago, seonamcouple said:

Lee Min Ki - rock and roll style!! He looks SO GOOD with eyeliner! Haha! The above video shows his musical debut- pity his music wasn’t promoted and developed enough. Since he has his own agency now, I hope he will try to develop his music too! 

My dream is to have him play the guitar and do a duet with So-Min ....!! He doesn’t have a very good voice (neither does she! Haha!) - but they both have a style about them! 

By the way, I know So-Min dances very well - especially Korean traditional dance but has she ever released an album or sing before this drama? Anyone knows?

LOL  I've never heard So Min sing before and I don't expect her to have a good singing voice.  So I was really surprised when she recorded an OST for BTIMFL.  I'm still wondering the reason behind it. 

31 minutes ago, b4l01 said:

LOL  I've never heard So Min sing before and I don't expect her to have a good singing voice.  So I was really surprised when she recorded an OST for BTIMFL.  I'm still wondering the reason behind it. 

Me too. My initial reaction was, JSM, singing? Oh no!   He he. 

After hearing her first ever OST, i sensed sincerity/ her, singing from the heart. So i think,  that is good enough reason why she was chosen to sing at the finale of BTIMFL. Though, it would have been more meaningful had they chosen an OST that would make LMK and JSM sing together at the end. It would have a great treat to all fans of BTIMFL (wishful thinking)... 

that's JSM during a rehearsal before the big event ( Playful kiss anniversary/ fan meeting in 2011 or 2012).  I will try to post here her actual performance if i could find it in the YT.  

JSM singing during a fanmeet in 2011. 

Note: PL held a number of fan meetings in 2011 and 2012 in Japan mostly. I cannot say exactly when this performance was held.  Same with the rehearsal above. 

1 hour ago, b4l01 said:

I think it was done to clearly portray the feelings of her character :). I must say it's not really really good (her singing voice, I mean) but the emotions she portray in the song was perfect. I believe no one else can sing that song except her.

Archived