Ayame

One thing i like about this ship is we keep reminding ourselves to be respectful and mindful of others' feelings while enjoying  the trip/ journey... 

Also, i like it when we support one another and defend this ship from trolls... 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, meiil said:

We all wish for their best both profesionally and personally but being shippers it's legit for us to wish that fictional 'falling in love' would carry on in real life. As long as we do that respectfully and have innocuous fun btw us, there's nothing wrong about  it. :) 

Agree with what you said here @meiil 100%!!

I am actually a fan of BIMFL. The last pair chemistry that left a mark on me was The MDBC pair, and unexpectedly loved the chemistry of Minki and Soomin. I like the respect between them as well offcam that’s why I found myself posting here instead of the main thread (also I found the main thread unhealthy lately as a lot of them are complaining about the last 2 episodes).

Im not expecting anything from these two good actors, Im contented with the respect between them at the bts. I just want to see them and the show more recognized especially in Korea, read more interviews when they get back and hopefully see them in TVN awards. 

P.S. I found out that Lee Min Ki was the original choice for Tomorrow With You with Shi Min Ah, but BIMFL was a better come back.They also got higher ratings that TWY and even the high budgeted BOTWG.Hoping they grab some year end awards that they deserve

4 hours ago, meiil said:

Beside all the shipping material we've been blessed with,  this Jeju trip  proved how extremely private JSM is.

Let aside the obvious not posting pics together thing (which is the number one hint that turns a couple into 'just co-stars' into 'suspicious ship') she even went as far as faking dates in order to protect her privacy... that's a pretty interesting attitude. Call me impressed. 

Another thing I didn't notice before but in this instagram post one of the tags is #TimeTraveler. It is interesting though. I've been a k-drama fan since around 2001, and this is the first time I've seen anyone faking dates like that.

13 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

@meiil and @anna122017 -- we actually got our first troll when this thread began... someone posted photos of JSM's other ship here. Those posts have since been deleted. :wink:

And thank you, @SpiritGambler for your post.  

As of this moment, we're in the "Popular Now" and "Hot Topics" section. 

giphy.gif

@ahhhjummahhhjo thank you for this info and for sparing me from having to backread the earlier posts... 

i realize that we cannot do away with trolls especially now that this ship is popular and gaining more interest.  Thus, we just have to be vigilant.  

@SpiritGambler and @meiil  thanks too for your posts. 

Since I'm a very rational person, I like to stay as objective as possible even in shipping.

I checked better and the guy from today's authographs didn't get them at airport I mistakenly read his tag and thought it said INCHEON.

He got the autographes while they were in Jeju, plus he is connect to that jeju guesthouse who also got sm autograph.

They are not connected to any crew member hence it's unlikey they got the autographs from them like our lovely troll said.

So still no explanation for the wrong date, but we now know they got those signs while the cast was on the Island. 

Well, I took a look back and found that the photoshoot of the whole cast (which indicates the end of filming) and crew was first uploaded in Nov 26th:

Spoiler

We can't really be sure if that photo was taken at the same day the photo was uploaded, but since JSM's mysterious signature date was only 1 day before it, we can assume it's related to the day she filmed the last scene and the point when she finally bids farewell to BTIMFL.

Hence, like others have said, it's possible she's having a hard time letting go of all the great memories she spent while filming BTIMFL. Nov 25th must be a very emotional moment for her and all of the casts, she doesn't want to move on from Ji-Ho. It must be the first time she got a role which she can really relate with her real life, and the first character she got emotionally attached to. I guess she really meant it when she said she doesn't want it to end, and she will never forget this precious drama.

Let people say and laugh all they want at our delusions -- that's not going to stop us. We don't have to do the same. Just ignore them and continue shipping profesionally!

I finally finished updating the compilation of all the Jeju instagram pictures. I actually translated the captions of most of the pictures as well. (A lot of it was translation from the Japanese translations--since I understand Japanese a lot better, but I tried to translate it the best I could.) It's a total of 70 pictures. Be sure to look at the pictures below again with the translated captions. ^^ (I'll be sure to add this link to the first post later when I update everything else.)

BTIMFL - Jeju Trip [Updated] (70 Pictures Total):

https://imgur.com/a/sVjvk

I can tell that JSM really misses BTIMFL since on one of her instagram posts, the caption says:

#BecauseThisIsMyFirstTimeAtWoljeongriBeach When will I be able to escape the illness of "because this is my first"?

11 minutes ago, Ayame said:

I finally finished updating the compilation of all the Jeju instagram pictures. I actually translated the captions of most of the pictures as well. (A lot of it was translation from the Japanese translations--since I understand Japanese a lot better, but I tried to translate it the best I could.) It's a total of 70 pictures. Be sure to look at the pictures below again with the translated captions. ^^ (I'll be sure to add this link to the first post later when I update everything else.)

I can tell that JSM really misses BTIMFL since on one of her instagram posts, the caption says:

#BecauseThisIsMyFirstTimeAtWoljeongriBeach When will I be able to escape the illness of "because this is my first"?

Arigato Gozaimasu, Ayame! Hahaha to "detox" from BTIMFL, I had watched Good Morning Call S2 on Netflix. I watched S1 of the show and of course BTIMFL is lightyears better than that drama but I can't bring myself to watch another K-drama for now. :wink:

Thank you @Ayame for all your hard work for this thread.  That’s a lot work.  Thank you Thank you,  Also to everyone else that has contributed tirelessly on translations and bring in all the goodies here for us to spazz about.  I greatly want to thank you all.  I follow a couple of other ships before and the best ship was SONGSONGCOUPLE, they were the sweetest one because they got married.  So here’s to hoping for smooth and successful sailing for Sominkicouple.  

33 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Arigato Gozaimasu, Ayame! Hahaha to "detox" from BTIMFL, I had watched Good Morning Call S2 on Netflix. I watched S1 of the show and of course BTIMFL is lightyears better than that drama but I can't bring myself to watch another K-drama for now. :wink:

Whoa, I actually did the same thing a few days ago. For sure, BTIMFL is better than GMC, but I still did enjoy GMC a little bit. I still try to watch J-dramas to practice my Japanese more. What did you think of Season 2? I think it's better than Season 1, but I was still frustrated at times lol.

Thank you for the pics, compilation and translation!

Wow, good to know that the feelings are reciprocated by So Min! I thought it's only us viewers suffering from post Ji Ho-Se Hee syndrome. Glad to know that So Min is feeling the same (the impact of the drama?). LMK does seem to be more exclusive to his feelings (probably his professional way of coping after so many projects in the industry and a seasoned veteran) but I do hope he finally finds the one in JSM.

I started looking around for LMK's projects and yesterday watch Shoot My Heart (equally delightful in that). They are both (unfortunately?) very good with their co-partners to the extent of shippable content. I will continue this shipping delusion until their next project, that is!

Thank you so much for taking your time to translate them all, @Ayame. I didn't understand SM's caption on that particular IG post you mentioned. Turns out it's another one of her reluctance to move on from BTIMFL. Thanks again, chingu, you rock!! :D

Also, I'm not sure if it's been discussed here before, but someone in the main thread posted way back, mentioning the way Somin gradually shifted her seating position closer to Minki, throughout this interview video (around the beginning of filming)

Spoiler

It might or might not mean anything, but I saw this as how comfortable she acted with an actor she just met a few weeks ago who's much older than her, and with such unpleasant background to boot (again, the scandal). Normally in such situation, if someone's not so close to another, she would keep distance and just lean her back against the chair instead of moving her shoulders towards that person. People will say this gesture just show how sweet and kind her persona is, already making an effort to get acquainted with her co-star (like she always does), and it's delightful to see Minki felt comfortable with her as well, compared to how stiff he was on the press conference. However, we can't deny that Minki's warm personality also played a part in making her feel comfy (my delulu mind would say, she's drawn by his charm lol)

They even make slight jokes towards each other in that video. I will post about it later. :)

This SoMinKi Couple thread is not just about shipping JSM and LMK to become real life lovers, others are shipping their friendship, others are shipping them to be cast on another project, others are shipping their chemistry from BTIMFL. This thread is making the world less chaotic because it unites all SoMinKi fans. I'm thankful for this peace ambassador ship.

SoMinKi rocks! :heart:

1 hour ago, Ayame said:

I was trying to decode what she said there haha thank you for the translation!

I see, we attracted two troll already and our thread is just two weeks old more or less. Way to go for us! 

28 minutes ago, velvetine said:

Thank you so much for taking your time to translate them all, @Ayame. I didn't understand SM's caption on that particular IG post you mentioned. Turns out it's another one of her reluctance to move on from BTIMFL. Thanks again, chingu, you rock!! :D

Also, I'm not sure if it's been discussed here before, but someone in the main thread posted way back, mentioning the way Somin gradually shifted her seating position closer to Minki, throughout this interview video (around the beginning of filming)

Reveal hidden contents

It might or might not mean anything, but I saw this as how comfortable she acted with an actor she just met a few weeks ago who's much older than her, and with such unpleasant background to boot (again, the scandal). Normally in such situation, if someone's not so close to another, she would keep distance and just lean her back against the chair instead of moving her shoulders towards that person. People will say this gesture just show how sweet and kind her persona is, already making an effort to get acquainted with her co-star (like she always does), and it's delightful to see Minki felt comfortable with her as well, compared to how stiff he was on the press conference. However, we can't deny that Minki's warm personality also played a part in making her feel comfy (my delulu mind would say, she's drawn by his charm lol)

They even make slight jokes towards each other in that video. I will post about it later. :)

Aww thank you for pointing that out! It's weird but these two have been so comfortable with each other since the beginning. Will be waiting for your translation.

Also, what a memory you have right there Lee Min Ki-ssi. You even remember the color you worn the first time you met Somin. -_-

3 hours ago, meiil said:

Since I'm a very rational person, I like to stay as objective as possible even in shipping.

I checked better and the guy from today's authographs didn't get them at airport I mistakenly read his tag and thought it said INCHEON.

He got the autographes while they were in Jeju, plus he is connect to that jeju guesthouse who also got sm autograph.

They are not connected to any crew member hence it's unlikey they got the autographs from them like our lovely troll said.

So still no explanation for the wrong date, but we now know they got those signs while the cast was on the Island. 

Ohooo, meaning they were together when he met them. Where's the other cast? Are they alone? Lol. Why did Somin used that date? It's still a mystery. She's so smart; she's playing with everyone. 

I believe shipping can be done rationally as well. We can base our theories and observations based on facts, while adding to the equation the possibility that our theories are correct. Thus, we can say that our theories are factual and can actually happen in real life lol. I try to stay rational as well (although I'm not much of a thinker type) so cheers! We need more of your analyses and facts! 

1 hour ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Ahh, I also cannot watch another Kdrama for now so I watched Japanese dramas. I started HapiMari last night then ended up rewatching BTIMFL episode 1 & 2 haha 

1 hour ago, Ayame said:

Thank you so much for your hard work @Ayame❤️ 

I also enjoyed reading the ficlet collection!! (I cannot find the author because the thread jumped many pages, sorry T.T)

I hope more people write fics for the drama and the couple!

This thread is my happy place after the drama ended. Thank you to everyone for the posts and updates!

Archived