Genre: Modern, Romance

Episodes: 48

Broadcast Station: HunanTV

Director: 林合隆 / Lin He Long

Broadcast Period: July,9 2018

Cast:

Shen Yue (沈月) as Dong Shan Cai (董杉菜)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup and text

Dylan Wang He Di (王鹤棣) as Dao Ming Si (道明寺)

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup and text

Darren Chen aka Guan Hong (官鸿) as Hua Ze Lei (花泽类)

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

Connor Liang Jing Kang (梁靖康) as Feng Mei Zuo (冯美作)

Image may contain: 1 person, text and closeup

Caesar Wu Xi Ze (吴希泽) as Xi Men (西门彦)

Image may contain: 1 person, eyeglasses, text and closeup

Dong Xin (董馨) as Li Zhen (李真)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text and closeup

Li JiaQi (厉嘉琪)  as Jiang XiaoYou (蒋小优)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, hat, closeup and text

Sun YiHan (孙伊涵) as Teng TangJin (滕唐静)

Sun Qian(孙千) as He Yuan Zi(何原姿)

Credit: @Cedric Ong

Some simple bios and more pics:

Spoiler

MG%2025.jpg

Dylan Wang as Dao Ming Si (the youngest, only 19)
FB_IMG_1510227306509.jpg

Darren Cheng aka Guan Hong as Hua Ze Lei (21 years old)
FB_IMG_1510227309856.jpg

Connor Leong aka Liang Jing Kang as Mei Zhou (23y.o.)
FB_IMG_1510227327076.jpg

Caesar Wu aka Wu Xi Zhe as Xi Men (21).
FB_IMG_1510227329187.jpg

San Cai will be the 20-year-old Chinese actress Shen Yue (she acted in currently-showing 致我们单纯的小美好/

A love so beautiful, 2nd pic below).

IMG_20171109_163219.jpg15078595317132948.jpg

Synopsis:

Coming soon...

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

Coming soon...

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should've just remade a different version like what Hana Yori Dango (of Japan) and Boys Over flowers (of Korea) did, because they will definitely be compared to the original Meteor Garden and it's almost impossible to surpass the original and fans wouldn't accept it either. Although I am glad that they choose newbies for it. Let's see how this one will go.

phpEIg87i.jpg

IMG_20171109_163243.jpg

Some simple bios and more pics:

Spoiler

MG%2025.jpg

Dylan Wang as Dao Ming Si (the youngest, only 19)
FB_IMG_1510227306509.jpg

Darren Cheng aka Guan Hong as Hua Ze Lei (21 years old)
FB_IMG_1510227309856.jpg

Connor Leong aka Liang Jing Kang as Mei Zhou (23y.o.)
FB_IMG_1510227327076.jpg

Caesar Wu aka Wu Xi Zhe as Xi Men (21).
FB_IMG_1510227329187.jpg

San Cai will be the 20-year-old Chinese actress Shen Yue (she acted in currently-showing 致我们单纯的小美好/

A love so beautiful, 2nd pic below).

IMG_20171109_163219.jpg15078595317132948.jpg

@yankithey are all essentially the same story except in different countries, and well as far as i can tell, a lot of people seem excited for this and open to it, so that's encouraging. i too however was wondering how this 2018 ver. would stand out among the rest of the versions which were all hits and had their own charm. but after angie chan the producer who was also behind the first meteor garden said, that they will be more faithful to the manga as they couldn't  before because the original had only 27 eps to work with, so they had to cut out quite a few stories, that's why this version has i think 48 eps, so i guess in that way it could be different from the rest of versions. so along with that i hope they can given this new ver. its own charm and uniqueness despite it being the same story. i dont want it all flash and no soul. 

im definitely excited and waiting for this, i love hana yori dango, so all the merrier as long as its done well and im happy with the cast they have chosen, already loving who they got to play dao ming si/domyouji as well as san chai/makino.  im wondering how the two actors chemistry will be together, cause that's important.

plus wow these F4 looks like they walked straight out of a bishi manga, they are so tall. 

hopefully this place will be active when the show starts rolling, :( its so long away, somewhere next year. 

Think the 2 more outstanding of the 4 are Dylan Wang as Dao Ming Si and Darren Cheng / Guan Hong as Hua Ze Lei.

The latter (Darren) has the curly hair in above pics. Taiwanese. His acting experience is only 1 web-drama "Proud of Love" in 2016-2017. Previous pics are shorter hair.

Spoiler

9d82d158ccbf6c816849aea3b73eb13533fa407b

b3119313b07eca805757211e992397dda04483fc

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

ah thanks :) why didnt you put it all together under the first post? or do you mind if i cut your post and posted it into the first post? to make the thread starter more complete?

i am not the one who started the topic. I dont know how to add. If u can, feel free to go ahead.

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

oh i can definitely picture her as the sister or mother....she can carry those roles pretty well :D 

Haha I agree but I have gotten so used to her hilarious moments that is hard to imagine her in a serious role XD

thats cool to know barbies sis will play a role. i read on twitter that the airing date for this will be in april 2018, apparently they have finished filming 3 eps already according to meteorgarden2018 on twitter.. here are some bts of the shooting, dylan and shen yue

23823460_320991938380447_6483974490249232384_n.jpg

Z90o5a5.jpg

also heres an ep from an idol training show with dylan and conner and they have angie chan the producer for meteorgarden2018 on it, they do a reenactment of some scenes from the original meteor garden and dylan was chosen along with another guy to play dao ming si and conner was playing ze lei's part. it was fun to watch especially seeing dylan playing ming si, he definitely has the vibe and charm to play him, although i have no idea what they were saying, no subs, but feel free to watch it.  i wonder if angie saw him here and he made a impression on her that she ended up casting him. also there are other eps so it was interesting to see what dylan and conners personality was like, dylan  is really extroverted but kinda short tempered, very much the class clown of the group lol, conner seems like a sweetie 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yup another remake lols....

That was the first i watch but i also like the Jap version too :) 

I like the Japanese version as well but I am not a fan of Japanese dramas in general and I kind of love Jerry Yan, so I am a bit biased when it comes to it.

• 4 weeks later...

in every version, i have really liked hanazawa rui's character - second lead...and well it didn't help that each adaptation actually casted the most good looking one in that role..

Damyoji 's character and sincerity is what makes him lovable.. but rui has that initial charm (to fit the story of girl falling in love with him first)

But i don't know.. this new guy doesn't look appealing.. the main guy seems way better.. even other boys :( .. ofcourse I am talking about pure physical looks.. 

On 1/16/2018 at 6:43 AM, angelangie said:

yup another remake lols....

That was the first i watch but i also like the Jap version too :) 

i am saying... what about the girl..

lead in meteor garden/hana yori dango.. and lead in 99.99999% similar drama to it started with a kiss/ itazura na kiss..

she hit jackpot there.. like once in centuries/eons jackpot.. these are the two ultimate romance manga's with cult following

Archived