10 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Mannn! I was totally hoping for a better ending for inho, I was so hoping he and joohee would turn themselves in. I m actually kinda mad at the writer, taesuk and hak bum are wayyy worse then inho but he is the one suffering the most out of them , his family is ruined and whatever happened was an accident (dong bae stabbing) and then he made the most stupid blunder ever and was caught red handed attempting a murder come onnn! There is no way for IH now. Curious of joonhee's end since he is the most clean out of them at the moment and not to mention the sensible. I just reallly dont like hak bum and taesuk and love hate triangle between them and jinjoo is just so weird :blink: 

Also am I the only one pissed off at nara? Her issues with IH are understandable, but stopping IH and his daughter from meeting each other is just so wrong especially when he totally adores her. Idk :blink:. The drama is so twisted and I liked it so far but tbh I don't think I can watch the last episodes, in my point of view dong bae's stabbing incident was way too forced. Send IH to jail for killing the girl and protecting his friends after the rape incident but dongbae's accident looks way too forced it's like the writer just wanted a super bad ending for him 

Totally agree! It's just doesn't make sense and totally idiotic. He should pay for what he had done, but not that way! I think it's fine if he changed his mind and didn't want to surrender, but another murder was simply too far. Redemption is supposed to be the theme in this drama. Now, it looks hopeless. What's the point of being able to forgive, but there is no one to forgive? It feels like CJH was being cheated with her redemption. 

The only redemption for IH would be: Nara started to dig the old case to help CJH and getting closer to Tae Suk. Tae Suk attempted to kill Nara, but In Ho protected her instead. This sucks!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, fujisaku said:

Totally agree! It's just doesn't make sense and totally idiotic. He should pay for what he had done, but not that way! I think it's fine if he changed his mind and didn't want to surrender, but another murder was simply too far. Redemption is supposed to be the theme in this drama. Now, it looks hopeless. What's the point of being able to forgive, but there is no one to forgive? It feels like CJH was being cheated with her redemption. 

The only redemption for IH would be: Nara started to dig the old case to help CJH and getting closer to Tae Suk. Tae Suk attempted to kill Nara, but In Ho protected her instead. This sucks!

I don't think redemption was the theme, it is a painful study in savagery of the overly privileged, cowardice, amorality and revenge.

DG should have taken Joon Hee to meet the father . of the boy he killed, since Joon Hee is the only one who is wracked by guilt and seeks redemption.  Who is CJh going to forgive?  No one apologized to her or even acknowledged her suffering at the time.  Maybe he did forgive,  DB's half brother was dragged into the original sin.  

30 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

I don't think redemption was the theme, it is a painful study in savagery of the overly privileged, cowardice, amorality and revenge.

DG should have taken Joon Hee to meet the father . of the boy he killed, since Joon Hee is the only one who is wracked by guilt and seeks redemption.  Who is CJh going to forgive?  No one apologized to her or even acknowledged her suffering at the time.  Maybe he did forgive,  DB's half brother was dragged into the original sin.  

Plus CJH is a criminal as well, is the writer really trying to save CJH in the end? Because if that's is the case the writing is total bs! She killed 3 people that too brutally! Is she going to be asking for forgiveness now? I m sure detective killed the boy by accident(I wasn't focusing when he was telling his story). What joonhee did was terrible but by accident and at young age (excluding the rape part)however  CJH is a grown richard simmons woman who purposely killed three people (that last lady death was sooo uncalled for). I don't know what the purpose of the scene was?  Is she going to ask for forgiveness? But from whom? Or is she going to forgive the group and why? Except joonhee no one is slightly ashamed of what they did, even if she forgive joonhee he is still going to jail for rape but I guess the sentence would be short. Anyway the drama started out so well it's such a shame that the writer seems unsure of who is good , bad and worst and what to do with them.

1 hour ago, fujisaku said:

In ho's ending at this point is confirm. Jail lifetime. What baffles my mind is that hak bam who is x10000000000000000000 times terrible then in ho has not killed anyone yet (apart from the girl 19 years ago) yet IH was caught red handed ? Looks like the writer has some pretty big grudge against IH lol .

This is so much of a reality than a drama, and that's why it is frustrating to watch every character's actions like IH. I think what IH did was actually realistic. He had a history of running away from his actions. Remember the first dinner? When TS said he always blames others for his actions.   

We are used to see villains turn in to good people with a dramatic death scene (specially when they are handsome<_<) And for me this is very brave of writers to not go to the same path and actually do something new. (I do believe JH is not a villain in this case).   They want to make a point and it seems they want this drama to be more than a show. And that's one of kind.

Also, how many times are the going to show the shot scene? It was indeed an interesting scene, but still it's a little bit too much.

I couldn't find next weeks preview? How can I find it?

The last episode last week, TS said he will devise a perfect crime based on a movie he watched. I was looking forward to seeing what the perfect crime was. However, TS scheme and execution looked more like the most inept and imperfect crime of the 4 stooges. TS thinks that he is the entitled one among all his friends who will get away with everything. He manipulates his friends and use their weaknesses to control. He tells HB that the only thing Joon Hee remembers is HB hitting him in the head with a rock. TS thinks he will not be implicated. The problem is Joon Hee should remember that TS was also present and was trying to convince JH to not turn himself in before he got hit. And after JH lost consciousness, who helped HB put an unconscious JH back in his car, drove JH car to the cliff and who drove the other car there to push JH car with JH in it down the cliff? Shrimpy, HB could not have done that all by himself could he? With regards to the video of them burying MJ, even if TS got the USB stick from Joon Hee, the person who took the video still has that on his or her camera? DB was the one who planted that video in the locker of Byungi and that was found by the other car salesman who sold it to IH for 100,000 dollars. What about the missing Byungi? We have not heard about that from Dokgo since he was made busy by the murders of the revenging team, but he had gone to the underpass where Byungi got shot and saw blood spattered on the walls of the underpass. He had tested it with luminol. It was DB who clued DK to go there. TS again says that he will not be implicated because it was HB who was being blackmailed by Byung Gi, not him. However, if BY’s body were to be found and the cause of death determined from a shooting, then it would implicate TS because he amongst the four is the gun loving sharp shooter. His fellow hunters will remember him and the officer who stopped them on their way to rid of the body.  TS said they found a dead animal that was polluting the environment, so they were ridding of it properly. He now thinks that he can manipulate the dumb IH in his latest fiasco. He does not know the tenacious Detective Dokgo. TS does not realize that DK knows that the 2 men in black shown in the CCTV entering CJH apt at different times are 2 different people. The web that TS is trying to spin will squeeze them all. No one including himself will get away with anything.

I always thought Nara should have gone away as far as she could, not just because of IH but because of the environment he was in was unsafe for her and her children. If Joon Hee really wants to help IH, to protect Nara and convince her to leave town to an undisclosed place very fast. CJH says she has been waiting for 19 years to take revenge. Yet all her planning and waiting for 19 years came to this? 3 people who were not the main perpetrators got brutally murdered? CJH did intend and attempted to murder Dr. Ko who was, at that time the one person who connected her, as the mother of Jung Mi the child she did autopsy on 19 years ago. Dr. Ko was talking on the phone with Dokgo, telling him to investigate the case 19 years ago involving the 4 entitled. She could not say more because when she turned around, CJH was standing right behind her eaves dropping on the conversation. Dokgo was cut off. He traced the call and was on his way. Aside from not having enough of the drug, CJH also did not have enough time to finish off Dr. Ko and get away. Her alternative plan was to frighten Dr. Ko into silence by kidnapping Dr. Ko’s daughter. Kim may have killed Ko because he, just like Tae Ming could not trust or believe in CJH plan.  The main perpetrators were still around doing damage to others. They did it their own way. Kim could not trust Ko staying mum about what she knows. More and more it is looking like CJH stole her present identity. When she became CJH, she took on another personality. She no longer was the anguished and grieving, mother Jung In Ae. The fiery of the burning house infused into her burnt body and mind. Cold, hard wrecking ball CJH was born. I am afraid now to know how she stole her CJH identity.

How is it that in this drama, 2 people who were involved in a crime, who could testify for the police were abducted and killed at the front yard of the police station? Did not anyone have any fear of the police? Why did the police bring a lurching, downed and wet woman in the streets to the hospital? In most K dramas, a person with fever would be piggybacked and brought running to the hospital. But here a drowned, fallen woman in the streets was brought to the police station instead of the hospital? On top of that she gets killed at the police station yard. OY, OY, OY  

9 hours ago, maddymappo said:

DG should have taken Joon Hee to meet the father . of the boy he killed, since Joon Hee is the only one who is wracked by guilt and seeks redemption.  Who is CJh going to forgive?

DG is focused on the three murders so his concentration is on CJH. He did not know that Joon Hee was trying to confess to the police. Hopefully, he will. Another thing with CJH, she and her crew are claiming to be victims of injustice and cruelty by the entitled, the rich and the powerful yet she got herself a kind old lady to finance her education, maybe even cheated her, who knows, got a high paying job as a lawyer and TV celebrity which represented money and power bought  these poor victimized people to incite revenge and murder? Is she not doing the same thing as the people she is accusing?   

7 hours ago, marypots08 said:

Is this worth watching? I have been a fan of PJH.

Hi,

if you don't mind being spoiled, you can read the discussion of the last 2 or 3 pages and get a gist of the story. That might help you decide whether it is worth watching. That is just my suggestion. 

1 hour ago, shadi.hariri68_979f said:

This is so much of a reality than a drama, and that's why it is frustrating to watch every character's actions like IH. I think what IH did was actually realistic. He had a history of running away from his actions. Remember the first dinner? When TS said he always blames others for his actions.   

We are used to see villains turn in to good people with a dramatic death scene (specially when they are handsome<_<) And for me this is very brave of writers to not go to the same path and actually do something new. (I do believe JH is not a villain in this case).   They want to make a point and it seems they want this drama to be more than a show. And that's one of kind.

Also, how many times are the going to show the shot scene? It was indeed an interesting scene, but still it's a little bit too much.

I couldn't find next weeks preview? How can I find it?

Yes, it's realistic except for trying to kill a comatose police officer part is truly idiotic, especially when it's an accident.

Everybody definitely should go to jail, but the way the writer forced it feels so wrong.

1 hour ago, fujisaku said:

Yes, it's realistic except for trying to kill a comatose police officer part is truly idiotic, especially when it's an accident.

Everybody definitely should go to jail, but the way the writer forced it feels so wrong.

A lot of actions doesn't make sense. These people are actually very childish and spoiled and not an experienced criminal. Even TS who always plans ahead has many mistakes. And that is why it is too realistic.

I don't like  this way of realistic approach too much. But I think at least writing is original in that way. And also it makes you wonder what would happen next week, which indicates it is a good drama.

Also I wonder what was on the flash drive that MJ was threatening TS with it? 

On 3/16/2018 at 5:07 AM, crazyyo said:

Mannn! I was totally hoping for a better ending for inho, I was so hoping he and joohee would turn themselves in. I m actually kinda mad at the writer, taesuk and hak bum are wayyy worse then inho but he is the one suffering the most out of them , his family is ruined and whatever happened was an accident (dong bae stabbing) and then he made the most stupid blunder ever and was caught red handed attempting a murder come onnn! There is no way for IH now. Curious of joonhee's end since he is the most clean out of them at the moment and not to mention the sensible. I just reallly dont like hak bum and taesuk and love hate triangle between them and jinjoo is just so weird :blink: 

Also am I the only one pissed off at nara? Her issues with IH are understandable, but stopping IH and his daughter from meeting each other is just so wrong especially when he totally adores her. Idk :blink:. The drama is so twisted and I liked it so far but tbh I don't think I can watch the last episodes, in my point of view dong bae's stabbing incident was way too forced. Send IH to jail for killing the girl and protecting his friends after the rape incident but dongbae's accident looks way too forced it's like the writer just wanted a super bad ending for him 

I am mad at her too. To me she is very easy to be manipulated despite that she was once a top student in law school. Just look at how CJH can easily make her to be her lawyer and she was NEVER once feels suspicious of CJH unlike DGY who always curious about the woman. She can easily lost her trust in her husband but can easily being fooled by CJH.

Yes, the part that she do not allow her daughter to talk to IH is just unacceptable. At least she should let her talk to her dad coz that child doesn't know anything. 

On 3/17/2018 at 2:03 AM, shadi.hariri68_979f said:

I agree totally with this. 

What In Ho did at the hospital is exactly the same thing he did 19 years earlier... When he hit the little girl, it was an accident and the girl was actually still alive. What do they do? They dump her body into the sea and end up actually killing her. Fast forward to the present day, he accidentally stabs DB in a tussle. It was dark, bad stuff happens. But what does he do... he sneaks into the hospital and tries to finish the job while DB lies unconscious.

He's never learnt from his past mistakes. 

Also what was missing from TS safe? Didn't he gave the knife to IH? 

My guese is that it is the flash drive MJ was threatening him with. We still know little about TS past. Why he is ok about HB and Joon jee's relationship and ...

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I agree totally with this. 

What In Ho did at the hospital is exactly the same thing he did 19 years earlier... When he hit the little girl, it was an accident and the girl was actually still alive. What do they do? They dump her body into the sea and end up actually killing her. Fast forward to the present day, he accidentally stabs DB in a tussle. It was dark, bad stuff happens. But what does he do... he sneaks into the hospital and tries to finish the job while DB lies unconscious.

He's never learnt from his past mistakes. 

The problem with IH's character development is that first he was introduced very smart and successful, but with dark secrets. Then his true self is shown in the middle of the series. But I don't think the writers didn't make the transfer well enough. It was too sudden.

7 hours ago, shadi.hariri68_979f said:

The problem with IH's character development is that first he was introduced very smart and successful, but with dark secrets. Then his true self is shown in the middle of the series. But I don't think the writers didn't make the transfer well enough. It was too sudden.

Was it? :wink:

His smart and successful facade was pretty much shattered when he was indicted by YMJ's murder. The image of him being a loving family man was destroyed when revelations about his infidelity came to light. He was practically falling apart while he was in detention awaiting trial. Wasn't he sobbing his head off when he heard that JH was on the cusp of death?

When things go well for IH, he's good at giving the impression that he's in control but when the image he's built up over time is under threat, he collapses into a heap.

IH was a desperate man. To his mind, when NR had taken DR away from him, his fantasy of a happy family was falling apart. Going after DB wasn't necessarily just about hushing him up but it could also have been about him losing his family, the one thing that's kept him grounded and feeling good about himself. They were his salvation from his dark secrets.

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Was it? :wink:

His smart and successful facade was pretty much shattered when he was indicted by YMJ's murder. The image of him being a loving family man was destroyed when revelations about his infidelity came to light. He was practically falling apart while he was in detention awaiting trial. Wasn't he sobbing his head off when he heard that JH was on the cusp of death?

When things go well for IH, he's good at giving the impression that he's in control but when the image he's built up over time is under threat, he collapses into a heap.

IH was a desperate man. To his mind, when NR had taken DR away from him, his fantasy of a happy family was falling apart. Going after DB wasn't necessarily just about hushing him up but it could also have been about him losing his family, the one thing that's kept him grounded and feeling good about himself. They were his salvation from his dark secrets.

You are right. But I think it was still too sudden. One episode you root for him ( against TS and HB and even CJH). The next episode he is trying to kill DB desperatly. Maybe his character development suffered because of the drama on set or maybe the writing, but I still think we needed more prepration before he did what he did.

The end is nigh.   Will all four die, somehow kill each other?   What is the reason CJH waited 19 years. What is she going to tell Na Ra.  I have a horrible feeling it is she waited until In Ho's daughter was the same age as her daughter, so she will kill Dal Rae. Perhaps the happy ending is that the little girl will be saved or she cant go through with it.  I know that is awful but this whole drama has been a nightmare  of savage revenge and sadism, cowardice.     

17 hours ago, maddymappo said:

The end is nigh.   Will all four die, somehow kill each other?   What is the reason CJH waited 19 years. What is she going to tell Na Ra.  I have a horrible feeling it is she waited until In Ho's daughter was the same age as her daughter, so she will kill Dal Rae. Perhaps the happy ending is that the little girl will be saved or she cant go through with it.  I know that is awful but this whole drama has been a nightmare  of savage revenge and sadism, cowardice.     

I started with this drama liking CJH and trying to guess what her past was, why she had nightmares and I actually thought that she and DG had chemistry, then in the middle of the series everything got dark, then darker. There is no salvation or redemption here. Did you see the bathtub in the middle of CJH secret room? gives me the chills... 

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Return 리턴 - Finale: Tonight @ 22:00 KST

Tomorrow should be the end.  At last. Watching these people chew each other up is agony.

The only one of the four who I would like to see live is Joon Hee. He has a conscience about what he did. He is tormented by it. He was also almost killed and suffered in the hospital.  I think as a doctor he ha something good  to offer humanity with his life. And he is setting up the others to get a full confession. I think he will pay a big price for that though - since his "friends" are psychopaths.

"

But I am not feeling hopeful anyone gets out of the drama alive.

This show is so meticulous in how each case was built, and how the investigation was thwarted  and court room procedures worked to deny justice and was manipulated by the powerful and those like CJH who know the system well .  It is in stark contrast to Misty, which has an gawd awful investigation and even the trial is a joke.

Archived