11 hours ago, liltash85 said:

male rape? Wah that could be a good plot twist. 

As for in hurting the doctor's sister, IH did involve indirectly. He is the one sending JH overseas the same night to cover him up (tho it is TS idea, but he follows thru). Then together they create false alibi for HB n JH. These 4 men were so close that they will cover each other asses (at least before MJ case). That is why they rent the penthouse together so that the place can be their 'hideout'. 

It's most likely what happened. The question is whether or not the writer realize it because society still treat the victims as if they hit a jackpot.

Yes, they always do the cover up. However, it's not like he expected things to happen that way and didn't really understand the consequence of his action.

5 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I don't think you are the only one who thinks that. As a child, I wonder how he was raised. It seems that he was afraid of what his family will think of him, that he will lose face and be shamed and he would rather not call the police and report what happened and take responsibility. It was an accident, the road was dark. But then he suffered endlessly anyway, secretly felt ashamed and guilty. He was never really at peace, living with so much stress. WAS that why MJ got the bar, I wonder? 

To me, IH was like a man who was tortured by a guilt he couldn't quite understand. He wasn't ready to face the consequence of his action. He wanted to be happy, but he sort felt that he didn't deserve to. That's why, he allowed himself to suffer that poisonous relationship he had with MJ.

I think the trial scene was excellence. So much shame, but not that "now, my reputation is ruined" kind of shame, but more of "yes, I'm a horrible person" kind of shame. There's a sense of resignation to that.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, fujisaku said:

To me, IH was like a man who was tortured by a guilt he couldn't quite understand. He wasn't ready to face the consequence of his action. He wanted to be happy, but he sort felt that he didn't deserve to. That's why, he allowed himself to suffer that poisonous relationship he had with MJ.

I think the trial scene was excellence. So much shame, but not that "now, my reputation is ruined" kind of shame, but more of "yes, I'm a horrible person" kind of shame. There's a sense of resignation to that.

The question though is why was it so easy for him to make such a decision of ridding the body rather than call the police and face the consequence? He was in high school, at this point in his life he could differentiate what is right from wrong as JH did. His decision to "cover up" and live a lie rather than tell the truth and face the consequences was influenced by what? He lived a horrible life to protect the "secret". If he ever accepted his guilt he would not have lived his life the way he did. He is unable to accept "what a horrible person he is" that he made himself a whipping boy. He has 2 lives, the one who is unable to accept himself as imperfect therefore tried to live a perfect life with being a corporate leader, a husband, and a loving father to cover up the imperfect person who let himself be used. The question remains what kind of mindset drove him? That is why Bum sees him as being the worse of them all. Is he right?

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

The question though is why was it so easy for him to make such a decision of ridding the body rather than call the police and face the consequence? He was in high school, at this point in his life he could differentiate what is right from wrong as JH did. His decision to "cover up" and live a lie rather than tell the truth and face the consequences was influenced by what? He lived a horrible life to protect the "secret". If he ever accepted his guilt he would not have lived his life the way he did. He is unable to accept "what a horrible person he is" that he made himself a whipping boy. He has 2 lives, the one who is unable to accept himself as imperfect therefore tried to live a perfect life with being a corporate leader, a husband, and a loving father to cover up the imperfect person who let himself be used. The question remains what kind of mindset drove him? That is why Bum sees him as being the worse of them all. Is he right?

the reason the got rid of the body is because if they report to the police they will be found guilty. 

1. he was driving without license

2. they were drunk

3. they were 15 going on 16. If they were found guilty, they need to go to detention centre. (to avoid this, their parents forged their age and said they were 13. Because if they are 14 and below, they will considered as juvenile diliquents and would only need to fulfill community service).

4. They were rich kids, of coz they do not want to be detained. 

I see it for these men, what ever the decision they take it would have a domino effect. That is why to them, getting rid it is much easier than face the consequences. Same like MJ case. The reason why they decided to bury her body instead of report to the police because all 4 of them has some motive with her and can be labeled as suspect. 

What Bum said is not wrong either. He potrays a good husband image but at the same time he cheats on his wife. The earlier case might be male rape (we don't know yet) but his recent affair with MJ is purely consensual. Just look at how he kiss her in the house and hugrily explore her body at the hotel. That is why MJ couldn't accept why he stick to his wife while he actually do it with her more. 

46 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

4. They were rich kids, of coz they do not want to be detained. 

So that is the reason they did what they did because they were rich kids? MJ herself was a nutcase. Woah, the writer gives no quarter. All of these characters are morally and ethically base.  

6 hours ago, zenya22 said:

He was probably panic. I'd say he felt guilty, but he hasn't repented. There is still a huge chance he would make another mistake. Bum might be right that he might be the worst. This is Park Ki Woong character, after all, and I had already mistaken about his characters in the past.

3 hours ago, liltash85 said:

What Bum said is not wrong either. He potrays a good husband image but at the same time he cheats on his wife. The earlier case might be male rape (we don't know yet) but his recent affair with MJ is purely consensual. Just look at how he kiss her in the house and hugrily explore her body at the hotel. That is why MJ couldn't accept why he stick to his wife while he actually do it with her more. 

I imagine myself as a woman in his position. I'd try to make things as pleasant as possible for myself. That doesn't mean I desire it, though. He might also be eager to please her, so that he could get done with it asap. 

If I were in his position I wouldn't find too much trouble dating MJ at the beginning, but things would change if I found somebody I like better.

I was never an In Ho fan,  I didn't like the way wimpered to his wife when he went to jail for MJ's death. And never thought he was doing anything but what he wanted to do with MJ - they had been lovers from the past, as he said it was easy to fall back into the habit.   I don't think we ever saw him on his own decide to confess anything. He was only trying to protect his idyllic little family life. He adores his daughter ,and he has a beautiful, charming, brilliant wife. He didn't want to lose that.  Now it is a repeat performance. He had his oppty to go to the police and just tell them how the stabbing happened. He was looking for his daughter and thought there was a break in and fearful, so that happened. He didn't know DB was a cop or had permission to be there. Cmon - be a mench and tell the police what happened. You are grown up now In Ho, not a panicky thirteen year old.  But no. He cannot do that, he  is still a coward  - and ran out - didn't try to get help for the guy he stabbed, and whimpered and cried and felt sorry for himself.   He thought and thought about it and yeah okay - will tell the police, but he vacillated too long, and things got complicated.  

But the piece de resistance - that moment when he showed his true colors, is when he snuck into the hospital to finish DB off.  Please lock this creep up and throw away the key.  He didn't deserve the life he was leading.  This was not a guy who was wracked with guilt all these years ( as it appears Joon Hee was)  - this guy just wanted it all.  He wasn't a psychopath, he didn't enjoy the killing or torturing or raping or lying like his buddies Ts and Hb   -  but he was apathetic coward, who cleaned up for his friends or lied and let another kid pay for his drunk driving, who went along and tossed a child into the sea, the guy who went to a hospital and tried to murder someone so he can have his privileged life back.

Doko Young has got to be my hero in this show. And goodness knows, this show desperately needs one. A little bit of a dark horse initially and when the lawlessness seem to rule the day he was overshadowed by the revenge plot and the antics of the entitled four. He's definitely come into his own and now that he knows the whole picture, his goodness shines through. Even though I'm frustrated by the abject immorality of various individuals, I appreciate what the drama has to say about revenge and lawlessness. It is often said that everyone grieves differently but when grief isn't upheld by a worldview that values human life, forgiveness and grace, bitterness inevitably takes root. For me the most beautiful moment (amidst all the ugliness) in these last two episodes was when DKY brought CJH to his adoptive father's place... the house that embodies repentance and the place where DKY himself experienced forgiveness... where both he and his adoptive father were finally set free from anger and guilt. Here too CJH finds a measure of freedom... all her rage, pent-up grief and guilt has found release. These wonderful biblical resonances strikes a chord with me.

Covering up sins has so become the default position of these entitled three that they can no longer see the wood for the trees. Over time whatever conscience they may have had as teenagers has been desensitized. As summed up nicely by Tae Suk, "only the poor commit crimes"... why... because the rich can buy their way out of anything. The power that money affords trumps morality. The rule of law doesn't apply to them. IH doesn't even begin to understand what it is he's done wrong. All he cares about is playing happy families but he won't face up to his own sins, to what is within himself that has caused the disintegration and how that has and will impact his wife and children. The cover up 19 years ago damaged his moral core and he's not recovered from it since. Of course the egregious immorality of these men can't be excused. They're adults and completely responsible for all the crimes they committed. But perhaps if when they were still in their formative years someone had given them a good kick in the backside, that might have made all the difference in the world.

1 hour ago, nj90 said:

I really want CJH to have happy ending..but she's killing people. Is there any other ways? Even if she going to prison, it's gonna be her whole lifetime in there..

It will be a bit hard although technically she didn't kill YMJ or Dr Ko. Not sure about Detective Anh though. At best her sentence could be reduced.

So disappointed with IH. Truly leave a bad taste in the mouth. He's just too weak. This would be another Do Gun Woo for Park Ki Woong.

I really want happy ending for everybody except for Tae Suk and Hak Bum. This is hopeless...

And I always have a feeling that Tae Suk was into Nara...

11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Doko Young has got to be my hero in this show. And goodness knows, this show desperately needs one. A little bit of a dark horse initially and when the lawlessness seem to rule the day he was overshadowed by the revenge plot and the antics of the entitled four. He's definitely come into his own and now that he knows the whole picture, his goodness shines through. Even though I'm frustrated by the abject immorality of various individuals, I appreciate what the drama has to say about revenge and lawlessness. It is often said that everyone grieves differently but when grief isn't upheld by a worldview that values human life, forgiveness and grace, bitterness inevitably takes root. For me the most beautiful moment (amidst all the ugliness) in these last two episodes was when DKY brought CJH to his adoptive father's place... the house that embodies repentance and the place where DKY himself experienced forgiveness... where both he and his adoptive father were finally set free from anger and guilt. Here too CJH finds a measure of freedom... all her rage, pent-up grief and guilt has found release. These wonderful biblical resonances strikes a chord with me.

Covering up sins has so become the default position of these entitled three that they can no longer see the wood for the trees. Over time whatever conscience they may have had as teenagers has been desensitized. As summed up nicely by Tae Suk, "only the poor commit crimes"... why... because the rich can buy their way out of anything. The power that money affords trumps morality. The rule of law doesn't apply to them. IH doesn't even begin to understand what it is he's done wrong. All he cares about is playing happy families but he won't face up to his own sins, to what is within himself that has caused the disintegration and how that has and will impact his wife and children. The cover up 19 years ago damaged his moral core and he's not recovered from it since. Of course the egregious immorality of these men can't be excused. They're adults and completely responsible for all the crimes they committed. But perhaps if when they were still in their formative years someone had given them a good kick in the backside, that might have made all the difference in the world.

I love, love this post. It explains the drama and the characters clearly. What a beautiful way for Dokgo to touch Jae Hye's heart where she finally let go and cried, before arresting her. This revenge was intended for the four involved in her daughter's death yet 3 people died but the main targets of the revenge, the 4 entitled are still living up their abject life. They know when they commit a crime it is wrong but because they have money and power, they can get away with it. 

Another thing that confuses me, in the flashback, they show CJH in her house as the young lawyer visited by Tae Ming and DB. How did she become CJH? In the last episodes, she was shown visiting what looks like a hospital or a nursing home where she gave a hospital worker an envelope and she received back a blue box. What was that all about? Did the real CJH mom take her in as her "returned daughter" or did Jung In Ae steal the CJH identity? Where is the mother of the real CJH? How will that affect the charges against the present CJH and the sentencing? 

7 hours ago, fujisaku said:

So disappointed with IH. Truly leave a bad taste in the mouth. He's just too weak. This would be another Do Gun Woo for Park Ki Woong.

I really want happy ending for everybody except for Tae Suk and Hak Bum. This is hopeless...

And I always have a feeling that Tae Suk was into Nara...

Same here also a big dissapoitment, I was waiting for a big twist in IH’s character, but I dont think it will ever happen to him now, when they showed who was behind the wheel, kinda know that was it for him. probably   PKW is not a favorite to get a character break or maybe his character was written off to be like that. Its just sad to see his family ruined because of his selfish actions or maybe it was doomed from the begining. 

Nara is the exact opposite of the 4 entitled. I wonder who she can trust now? Everyone around her got a share of blood in their hands and hiding something from her, and maybe the detective?? 

2 hours ago, 1crazynyt said:

Same here also a big dissapoitment, I was waiting for a big twist in IH’s character, but I dont think it will ever happen to him now, when they showed who was behind the wheel, kinda know that was it for him. probably   PKW is not a favorite to get a character break or maybe his character was written off to be like that. Its just sad to see his family ruined because of his selfish actions or maybe it was doomed from the begining. 

Nara is the exact opposite of the 4 entitled. I wonder who she can trust now? Everyone around her got a share of blood in their hands and hiding something from her, and maybe the detective?? 

I'm so upset, because I believe for CJH to get some sort of happy end, she had to forgive IH, the main culprit. However, now, IH didn't deserve forgiveness. This drama is simply too twisted.

Mannn! I was totally hoping for a better ending for inho, I was so hoping he and joohee would turn themselves in. I m actually kinda mad at the writer, taesuk and hak bum are wayyy worse then inho but he is the one suffering the most out of them , his family is ruined and whatever happened was an accident (dong bae stabbing) and then he made the most stupid blunder ever and was caught red handed attempting a murder come onnn! There is no way for IH now. Curious of joonhee's end since he is the most clean out of them at the moment and not to mention the sensible. I just reallly dont like hak bum and taesuk and love hate triangle between them and jinjoo is just so weird :blink: 

Also am I the only one pissed off at nara? Her issues with IH are understandable, but stopping IH and his daughter from meeting each other is just so wrong especially when he totally adores her. Idk :blink:. The drama is so twisted and I liked it so far but tbh I don't think I can watch the last episodes, in my point of view dong bae's stabbing incident was way too forced. Send IH to jail for killing the girl and protecting his friends after the rape incident but dongbae's accident looks way too forced it's like the writer just wanted a super bad ending for him 

I know, seems like the writter has some  sort of big hatred issues with IH, everything about him seems like forced and put most of the blame and evertyhing started with him, you would think during their younger years IH would be the more sensible among 4 friends, it would make more sense to me if TS or HB was driving base on their reckless and arrogant personality, but the writter threw IH under the bus, being the driver who hit CJH daughter. Why gave him a very nice and warm family life then took it away in the most painful way. I felt cheated because i was kinda invested with IN and Nara’s little family. Looks like nobody is getting a happy ending.

I am happy that the previous actress not continuing with this drama. The script has become ridiculous. This drama picked people's interest as we want to know what the writer will do with HB and TS. They committed recent crimes what with attempted murder with JH and shut the car dealer agent.

I really think the writer is a bit sick and enjoy sadistic to a certain level with the MJ death, Dr. Ko, the detective and worst the still living girl thrown to the sea. And yet, so far nothing happened with HB & TS.

This will not be one of a good drama in my memory.

3 hours ago, 1crazynyt said:

I know, seems like the writter has some  sort of big hatred issues with IH, everything about him seems like forced and put most of the blame and evertyhing started with him, you would think during their younger years IH would be the more sensible among 4 friends, it would make more sense to me if TS or HB was driving base on their reckless and arrogant personality, but the writter threw IH under the bus, being the driver who hit CJH daughter. Why gave him a very nice and warm family life then took it away in the most painful way. I felt cheated because i was kinda invested with IN and Nara’s little family. Looks like nobody is getting a happy ending.

I think this writer has big hatred and sadism issues in general. He made no really good characters except the children and thus far NaRa hasn't done anything particularly wrong  -  -yet (that we know of - I'm waiting to find out she accidentally shot her 3 yr old brother when she was 5 :wink:)

Cowardice, apathy, amorality, immorality,  selfishness, greed, revenge are the rule in this drama which sometimes descends into murder, rape, torture, sadism.  The only one who is haunted by his sin is Joon Hee - as we see him drowning himself and crying in episode 29.  The writer doesn't show us any other character suffering shame and guilt.  Although he seemed quiet and well meaning in general, In Ho's actions were not of someone who was living with guilt or remorse. When he held his head in his hands and and cried and seemed upset, it was that he was worried he was going to get caught and go to jail or his wife would find out.  He was having an affair despite his picture perfect family and continued to make excuses for his friend HB in the rape and torture case - and that young woman ends up in an asylum - her whole  life ruined.  He did nothing or thought nothing ever again about the kid he killed etc.  NaRa visits her ashes, NaRa goes to see the rape victim.  In Ho does not. He went sliding head first down the slippery slope, until ultimately because of his inability to take responsibility for his actions he set out to murder DB. 

A depraved selfish act. What sense did that even make, since his defense was in this case, the truth - it was an accident?

We learn now that it was TS or his father - who set fire to CJH's house, and it is TS's father who as we thought was financing MJ all these years for covering for the boys.   IH was fully aware of all of this. He was the driver, he was the one who suggested throwing the little girl into the sea.  He was the one who let someone else take the blame for him and go to jail.  Was he happy about it? No.  Was he sorry, yeah, it messed his life up.

DG  and Na Ra - show sympathy for CJH despite her murdering all those people.  DG goes so far as to try to reason with her and get her to  realize that while her pain is real and desire for justice, that her ultimate tactic  of revenge is wrong. We do see her crying in anguish. But has she changed?  She has not confessed.  She continues to lie to NaRa - and toy with her, and manipulate her.  And there is a difference between herself and the father of the boy DG killed. DG took responsibility for what he did, he went and bowed and stayed by the side of the distraught father, even when he told him to leave. What did CJH get? Not even the truth. and almost burned to death when she demanded justice.

The episode ends with CJH telling NaRa to stick around to find out the real reason it has taken 19 years for her to get revenge.   Yikes! I am more and more afraid for Dal Rae.  Na Ra take your kid and run as fast and as far away as you can from these homicidal maniacs!

Note about Lee Jin Wook:  The first drama I saw him in was "Someday" - in that drama he takes the part of a young man who distracted his father while he was driving - his family was killed and a teenager in the other car was severely injured and spent the rest of his life comatose.  In that drama he goes to the kid's family and takes care of them and pays for all the hospital expenses. Takes responsibility and is like a son to them.  Interesting to see how actors get the same kind of roles sometimes.

I don't see why IH should have his happily-ever-after at this rate. I'm not particularly vindictive but has he demonstrated any sign of genuine remorse all this time? I haven't seen any evidence of it. All he wants is to move on with his life, play happy families but there's nothing that suggests to me that he has expressed genuine sorrow over what happened to Jung In Ae's daughter. Of course I'd like him to be reconciled with his family but doesn't anyone else feel that the marriage and family life was built on lies? The core issue hasn't been dealt with. He drove the vehicle that hit the child and then was party to a murder cover up. He's never expressed regret or remorse to the mother of the child despite knowing who she is... only fear of reprisals. While his stabbing of Dong Bae might be an accident, he ran off without even calling the ambulance and then he tried to silence the critically injured man. He says he wants to live happily with his family like the old days but what happened in the past can be erased like some nightmare. His entire attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

The only person as far as I can tell that feels real guilt and has expressed any desire to make things right is Joon Hee. 

As far as I'm concerned the writer is spot on and consistent with the characters. These men have a history of cover-up. Sure IH might care about JH and have a soft spot for him or that he is a good father to Dal Rae but he has not, as far as I can tell, faced up to his past properly. He's somewhat deluded about all of that. He's had opportunity after opportunity to do the right thing and man up but no, he gets manipulated by TS.

I'm reasonably sure that the reason why TS and HB haven't received their comeuppance as yet is because CHJ always planned for these two men to turn on each other. She has said as much. Let's say if they were to be caught yesterday, what do we suppose will happen? They'd buy their way out of it with their mountains of family wealth like they always have. As it is, the police chief is already so accommodating of them. The case against them has to be absolutely watertight and there's no wiggle room or technicality they can get off on. 

These people don't share our moral compass. They are completely self-absorbed and amoral. They don't have any kind of worldview that forces them to feel shame. That's the problem... that's part of what CHJ wants to expose publicly so that it can't be swept under the carpet again.

Archived