@40somethingahjumma I agree with you that CJH put them in the same situation (calling the police if a body is found) and TS refused to do it and pushed the others to follow. Based on the accident, it is clearly visible that in 1999 In Ho wanted to call the police and tried to stop them. If she really wanted to punish him, she could have made sure that IH was convicted but she didn't. I think, CJH would have accepted his apology and his request for her forgiveness. It is pretty clear that TS and KHB are the really bad boys and have a bad influence on the others (JH and IH). 

IH is now convinced that CJH is targeting his family, after TS and KHB persuaded him... But they are acting like that in order to hide their own evilness.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@40somethingahjumma I agree with you that CJH put them in the same situation (calling the police if a body is found) and TS refused to do it and pushed the others to follow. Based on the accident, it is clearly visible that in 1999 In Ho wanted to call the police and tried to stop them. If she really wanted to punish him, she could have made sure that IH was convicted but she didn't. I think, CJH would have accepted his apology and requested her forgiveness. IT is pretty clear that TS and KHB are the really bad boys and have a bad influence on the others (JH and IH). 

IH is now convinced that CJH is targeting his family, after TS and KHB persuaded him... But they are acting like that in order to hide their own evilness.

CJH put that bracelet on IH and NaRa;s daughter. Not convinced she is forgiving of IH.  Maybe he "voiced" objection but he did not insist or walk away.  Nor, do I see him have a guilty conscience - he is more fearful than guilty.  The only one who acted with conscience was JH when he told the others he would go to the police and tell the truth about MJ.  Now since NaRa gave JH the dash cam video he may decide to go to the police, but said he would "think" about it.  TOO TOO LATE to :"think"   clearly TS is going to kill him first.   He should be a lot smarter than he acts since he is a doctor, he has to know that the best way to save his own life is to turn over the tape immediately - then the is no reason for TS to kill him.  But what is logically behavior is a kdrama?

Also - the drama is not clear yet about what happened 19 years ago - I think it is said someone of them went to jail for the car accident that killed the little girl and got off as a juvenile with probation??   We don't know yet how detective Ahn was involved too - he also helped the privileged boys get away with murder.

Also thought that watching MJ die like that was over the top sadistic.  The writer has a real problem. Also the show got into trouble when they showed HB hit the bar girl over the head with a bottle - and it was disgusting the way HB took the money from her hand that TS gave her.  That whole scene was also the pits.  Now we see them toss the little living child into the sea.    This is very depraved program,  I am caught up in it I admit, but I am not proud of myself.    Serious issues of violence and sadism for tv show.

SK  ratings pretty high and steady - but really died on Soompi -  getting lonely here :(

Not sure where this is going. Lots of people murdered for minor connection to the little girl's death. Not say'n they didn't do bad - just not murder. MJ helped them and told them to get rid of the body,  but she didn't know the little girl was still alive after the accident.  Detective, a jerk and was paid off by rich Chairman but he didn't kill the little girl.  The coroner also did not kill anyone, but her false report did njot show the girl was alive when thrown into the sea (I think). They died such gruesome deaths.  Then TS - murdering the car salesman and with HB trying to kill  JH - for what?  what a waste.   

Will JH go through with the confession? Glad to see he out smarted his psycho friends (he trusted them?).  ..  JH  is the only one with a conscience so far. IH looks regretful because he is losing his family.   

Still - so much suffering and bloodshed. 

Now the one "good" guy left standing, Dokgo - confesses he killed his childhood friend when he was a minor.  How did he kill him? On purpose, fighting, accident? 

Too much of a coincidence.   Strange drama.  I think the writer is obsessed with this idea of minors involved in the death of a child - and subsequent revenge, responsibility, the pain of the victim's family.    

I hope nothing untoward happens to Dong Bae although I'm really not that optimistic as we head into the final phase of this show. 

This show is a complete mind bender. Just when you think things will go one way, they pull out their bag of tricks with a new angle. I'm sure the ratings are garnered from the sheer unpredictability of how things unfold in this show. :wink: I think we now have a complete picture of what took place in 1999 but the show seems to be moving into another phase of how the entitled four are going to deal with recent revelations and respond/retaliate. Although I shake my head in disgust and despair at the antics of HB and TS, as a viewer I'm sort of glad things are moving again. 

I gotta say, that was pretty sharp of Joon Hee. Good for him. In all respects. Instead of seeing CJH as the problem as the others did, he realised correctly that they were the problems. He took responsibility. And Hak Bum... honestly, what a freaking idiot! He's turning into the poster boy for a lack of creativity. What's the deal with repeating himself? :wacko: 

As predicted, NR finally left IH. She stuck by him for the sake of the kids but she reached her limit when she heard about IH's involvement in the hit and sunk. I was hoping he would mitigate his own sins by 'fessing up but yeah... he chose to ignore the elephant in the room and carry on as if the past was some kind of nightmare with no consequences. Aside from his lack of honesty with NR, there's a streak of the delusional in him in trying to maintain the facade of happy families while it would only be a matter of time before NR found things out. I thought there was hope for him but if he carries on as if CHJ is the enemy than he's really no better than TS or HB even if he doesn't actually kill DB.

DKY is finally up to speed on everything but now he has to try and protect these people from themselves and others. What a tangled mess of victims and villains... in this show they seem interchangeable .

I'll be back to chat later. Gotta go. This has been such an incredibly busy week for me and finally... Bad Guys 2 makes its appearance on Netflix.

Could CJH have set fire to her own house to claim insurance or compensation? That she got badly burnt was deliberate so that she could get maximum money to finance her revenge scheme. Else, how did she managed to put herself through law school?

4 hours ago, monalisa said:

Could CJH have set fire to her own house to claim insurance or compensation? That she got badly burnt was deliberate so that she could get maximum money to finance her revenge scheme. Else, how did she managed to put herself through law school?

She was creating a problem by holding signs and demanding the truth about how her child died.  The "Chairman" (One of the powerful Dads of the elite 4')  called Detective Ahn - we heard him say "Yes I understand"  or something like that on the phone . (He also forces the confession from the poor kid and apparently was the messenger who bribed the coroner to fix the report so it would not show murder).    Then the fire happened.   Then it becomes vague but we hear that CJH had a rich mom, and we see a woman caring for her - that woman also lost her little child in a tragedy and was telling her she must survive one day at a time..  That woman I believe becomes CJH' s "mother" - she must have been very wealthy and gave her the care she needed and education.  But I don't think CJH started the fire - if she did it would have been for suicide because she was out of her mind with grief - but I think it was arson to shut her up.  That is another reason for the intense "revenge" she is seeking.  The disgusting fathers of the immoral irresponsible children, destroying and trampling on the lives of people.

Ahhhh, so much angst in these last episodes. So, Choi Jae Hye was originally Jung In Aye. When she was at the hospital and contemplated on jumping off the roof, a woman talked her out of it. The woman said she also lost her daughter and she survived that loss though time. That woman must have taken her in and gave the name of her daughter Choi Jae Hye and helped her through law school? That is why the high school classmates of the real Choi Jae Hye did not recognize her because her appearance including her voice changed so much. My heart ached for the young Jung In Aye. It is ironic though that the woman who helped her, the one everyone thought of as her mother, soothed her grief at the loss of her own daughter by helping others who have gone through the same loss but the young woman she helped harmed others. Jung In Ae, now Choi Jae Hye, lost her home and got burned when her house caught fire through suspected arson. She became a lawyer to fight for those who received unfair judgement through the courts of law. It is not clear if she spawned the idea of revenge long before she became CJH or after seeing the unfair ruling of the judge, in the rape of Dr. Kim’s sister and the perpetrators were the 4 boys involved in the death of her daughter 19 years ago. I wonder if Dokgo’s talk resonated with her. The actions of the entitled four will I think, determine her next actions. Too many got hurt and killed in her push for payback.

I read somewhere in this thread an interview at the start of the drama with PKW that he intentionally lost weight to reflect the suffering his character, IH,  encountered while in prison. I don’t know if he was talking about his jail time after the MJ affair or if he will end up in prison at the end of the show. It seems that the one whose life was totally ruined from that wrong decision made so many years ago was In Ho. He is the heir to the Taeja Group, family of old money belonging to the first top 10 in hierarchy of prestige and money. But he leads a double life. He was driving the car that hit CHJ’s daughter in an accident. An ill-advised and senseless decision to throw the girl into the water altered the course of their life forever. Even though that was a group decision, when the other members of the group get into trouble because of what happened and they want IH to cooperate, TS and HB are very quick to point fingers and remind In Ho “remember when you killed someone”. A guilt ridden IH must have felt obligated to these friends who keep this secret. In conversations between HB and TS, they call him the worse of them all. In high school all the other boys liked MJ except for IH. Yet he ended up dating her in their twenties. He clearly despises her. Yet it seems he let these friends hold that secret over his head. Nara is leaving him, children in tow. He is lost. I am afraid that he will be the one who will again suffer the most. While JH took numbing drugs, IH led a double life trying to separate the good life from the bad life. TS and Bum but especially TS will do anything not to go to trial and be imprisoned. I am so afraid for IH. While JH, came to terms with his guilt and decided to take responsibility, IH turned morose. TS becomes very dangerous when faced with the possibility of exposure of his own sins. TS said that he saw this movie of a perfect crime. TS is an unconscionable and dangerous man and I have no doubt that he will try to execute the “perfect crime” in the movie. I think he will do anything including kidnapping little DR, frame CJH for the kidnapping then kill her and frame IH for the murder. That is just my speculation. TS keeps reminding IH of what JH said at the dinner party IH hosted, to Nara about Dal Rae, being killed, how would Nara feel. I hope IH will realize very soon that he and his family are in danger mostly from his so called friends. Joon Hee did, why couldn't he? 

JH, this time without the drugs, has become very smart. It is about time one of them will become responsible. He and Nara are friendly. If something happens to IH, will he be the one to take care of Nara and the kids for IH? Nara is now disappointed with IH when she learns about what happened long ago. She feels sympathy for CJH. When she learns what CJH and her revenge squad did to exact payback, will she still think of CJH a better human being than her husband? Does she think all the death and suffering of the people involved indirectly in JH case,  justify Jae Hye's revenge? Will she completely abandon her husband or will she help him to stop punishing himself and forgive himself? 

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Ahhhh, so much angst in these last episodes. So, Choi Jae Hye was originally Jung In Aye. When she was at the hospital and contemplated on jumping off the roof, a woman talked her out of it. The woman said she also lost her daughter and she survived that loss though time. That woman must have taken her in and gave the name of her daughter Choi Jae Hye and helped her through law school. That is why the high school classmates of the real Choi Jae Hye did not recognize her because her appearance including her voice changed so much. My heart ached for the young Jung In Aye. It is ironic though that the woman who helped her, the one everyone thought of as her mother, soothed her grief at the loss of her own daughter by helping others who have gone through the same loss but the young woman she helped harmed others. Jung In Ae, now Choi Jae Hye, lost her home and got burned when her house caught fire through suspected arson. She became a lawyer to fight for those who received unfair judgement through the courts of law. It is not clear if she spawned the idea of revenge long before she became CJH or after seeing the unfair ruling of the judge, in the rape of Dr. Kim’s sister and the perpetrators were the 4 boys involved in the death of her daughter 19 years ago. I wonder if Dokgo’s talk resonated with her. The actions of the entitled four will I think, determine her next actions. Too many got hurt and killed in her push for payback.

Ahh thanks for explaining this part.. I was confused was it Choi Jae Hye or Jung In Aye caught in a fire? So actually both of them did, in separate incidents.

I like how random events affect the plan. It is not like somebody plans something and everything goes according to a master plan like most of the shows. It it more realistic than other revenge shows. 

Loved the ending of this weeks episode, how IH misjudged the situation and ... 

By the way, how many episodes had remained? Some how I don't think they can resolve all the questions in the remaining episodes. 

11 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Ahh thanks for explaining this part.. I was confused was it Choi Jae Hye or Jung In Aye caught in a fire? So actually both of them did, in separate incidents.

@Prettysupwe don't know what happened to the real Choi Jae Hye. CJH "mother" if that was the real CJH mom did not really say, she just said she went missing for 10 years. She just talked about how she got on with her life after the loss of her daughter. The story is about Jun In Aye. I was just guessing to the identity of the woman who stopped JIA from jumping 

when I first started with this drama I thought it would show the 4 friends had killed someone in a accident, then we find out the girl was not dead and she could have been saved if they had gotten help. Even so I still held out hope that they were just frighten kids who made a bad choice. The truth is at least two of them are degenerate sociopaths who should be locked up for life and the key thrown away.

They have found murder to be acceptable solution the their problems and they do it without hesitation or remorse, at this point I think jail is to good for them. They have went so far as to kill one of their own and attempted to kill another. At least two of them felt some shame and one felt the need to confess what they did, at the rate their going by the end they will be killing each other.

On 10/03/2018 at 6:36 AM, zenya22 said:

Ahhhh, so much angst in these last episodes. So, Choi Jae Hye was originally Jung In Aye. When she was at the hospital and contemplated on jumping off the roof, a woman talked her out of it. The woman said she also lost her daughter and she survived that loss though time. That woman must have taken her in and gave the name of her daughter Choi Jae Hye and helped her through law school? That is why the high school classmates of the real Choi Jae Hye did not recognize her because her appearance including her voice changed so much. My heart ached for the young Jung In Aye. It is ironic though that the woman who helped her, the one everyone thought of as her mother, soothed her grief at the loss of her own daughter by helping others who have gone through the same loss but the young woman she helped harmed others. Jung In Ae, now Choi Jae Hye, lost her home and got burned when her house caught fire through suspected arson. She became a lawyer to fight for those who received unfair judgement through the courts of law. It is not clear if she spawned the idea of revenge long before she became CJH or after seeing the unfair ruling of the judge, in the rape of Dr. Kim’s sister and the perpetrators were the 4 boys involved in the death of her daughter 19 years ago. I wonder if Dokgo’s talk resonated with her. The actions of the entitled four will I think, determine her next actions. Too many got hurt and killed in her push for payback.

I read somewhere in this thread an interview at the start of the drama with PKW that he intentionally lost weight to reflect the suffering his character, IH,  encountered while in prison. I don’t know if he was talking about his jail time after the MJ affair or if he will end up in prison at the end of the show. It seems that the one whose life was totally ruined from that wrong decision made so many years ago was In Ho. He is the heir to the Taeja Group, family of old money belonging to the first top 10 in hierarchy of prestige and money. But he leads a double life. He was driving the car that hit CHJ’s daughter in an accident. An ill-advised and senseless decision to throw the girl into the water altered the course of their life forever. Even though that was a group decision, when the other members of the group get into trouble because of what happened and they want IH to cooperate, TS and HB are very quick to point fingers and remind In Ho “remember when you killed someone”. A guilt ridden IH must have felt obligated to these friends who keep this secret. In conversations between HB and TS, they call him the worse of them all. In high school all the other boys liked MJ except for IH. Yet he ended up dating her in their twenties. He clearly despises her. Yet it seems he let these friends hold that secret over his head. Nara is leaving him, children in tow. He is lost. I am afraid that he will be the one who will again suffer the most. While JH took numbing drugs, IH led a double life trying to separate the good life from the bad life. TS and Bum but especially TS will do anything not to go to trial and be imprisoned. I am so afraid for IH. While JH, came to terms with his guilt and decided to take responsibility, IH turned morose. TS becomes very dangerous when faced with the possibility of exposure of his own sins. TS said that he saw this movie of a perfect crime. TS is an unconscionable and dangerous man and I have no doubt that he will try to execute the “perfect crime” in the movie. I think he will do anything including kidnapping little DR, frame CJH for the kidnapping then kill her and frame IH for the murder. That is just my speculation. TS keeps reminding IH of what JH said at the dinner party IH hosted, to Nara about Dal Rae, being killed, how would Nara feel. I hope IH will realize very soon that he and his family are in danger mostly from his so called friends. Joon Hee did, why couldn't he? 

JH, this time without the drugs, has become very smart. It is about time one of them will become responsible. He and Nara are friendly. If something happens to IH, will he be the one to take care of Nara and the kids for IH? Nara is now disappointed with IH when she learns about what happened long ago. She feels sympathy for CJH. When she learns what CJH and her revenge squad did to exact payback, will she still think of CJH a better human being than her husband? Does she think all the death and suffering of the people involved indirectly in JH case,  justify Jae Hye's revenge? Will she completely abandon her husband or will she help him to stop punishing himself and forgive himself? 

Hi i am new in this forum. I love this drama so much.

Actually, InHo did wrong 19 years ago. In the flashback when they did hit the little girl, he clearly said they need to get rid of the girl's body to his friends. JH and HB are already scared, TS called MJ to get advise but IH insist to throw the body away and TS follows the idea and ask the to do it far from the accident scene. I think its ironic and cruel fate how among those 4 IH is the one become a dad and having a daughter. He can be considered having a normal and perfect family (minus the cheating). 

Yup TS is getting cruel day by day but I think his friends behavior adds up to his evil plan coz among those 4 TS is always the one who covers up. He is not the main prepator he always covers up for his friends. He can't reveal his friends because he will be revealed too. I think CJH plan to break the bond between this 4 almost a success coz now they are fighting with each other. Because to win over them is to break them. 

My worry now is the last Rocoronium drug. Who is it for? Both Dr Kim and DOng Bae didn't know who CJH plan to use it too. If she want to kill the 4 men, she should have another 4 bottles. But why only 1? 

My guess is the drug is for IH or Dal Rae as she wants IH to feel the lost or it could be for herself or is there another culprit? 

22 hours ago, liltash85 said:

Hi i am new in this forum. I love this drama so much.

Actually, InHo did wrong 19 years ago. In the flashback when they did hit the little girl, he clearly said they need to get rid of the girl's body to his friends. JH and HB are already scared, TS called MJ to get advise but IH insist to throw the body away and TS follows the idea and ask the to do it far from the accident scene. I think its ironic and cruel fate how among those 4 IH is the one become a dad and having a daughter. He can be considered having a normal and perfect family (minus the cheating). 

Yup TS is getting cruel day by day but I think his friends behavior adds up to his evil plan coz among those 4 TS is always the one who covers up. He is not the main prepator he always covers up for his friends. He can't reveal his friends because he will be revealed too. I think CJH plan to break the bond between this 4 almost a success coz now they are fighting with each other. Because to win over them is to break them. 

My worry now is the last Rocoronium drug. Who is it for? Both Dr Kim and DOng Bae didn't know who CJH plan to use it too. If she want to kill the 4 men, she should have another 4 bottles. But why only 1? 

My guess is the drug is for IH or Dal Rae as she wants IH to feel the lost or it could be for herself or is there another culprit? 

In my opinion, CJH wants to kill herself as she is blaming herself. If she hadn't neglected her daughter, the latter wouldn't have walked around late at night and wouldn't have been hurt by the car. 

12 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

I disagree. TS is about covering his own butt. by killing without even thinking. He has no conscience. He loves the power it gives him. His behavior is his and his responsibility alone. The one person who actually took responsibility and reflected on his behavior. He called his friends and told them that he will go to the police and tried to convince them to take responsibility as well. That is how you cover for your friends. You don 't say, oh I am going to cover for our mistake shooting someone dead and then say "it is because of my friends' behavior that I did it, the devil made me do it." But then that is exactly what a psychopath would think, no sense of moral ethics or for the right of others.

It was hard for me to tell who among the boys was whom. I thought it was In Ho who said to wait and to call the police, trying to convince them to wait. I read in this thread a post that said the same. At this point, I am not going to go back and rewatch, I will take your word for it.  So, if it was In Ho who asked them to get rid of the body and not call the police, then it makes sense for him to live his life the way he did. 

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

I disagree. TS is about covering his own butt. by killing without even thinking. He has no conscience. He loves the power it gives him. His behavior is his and his responsibility alone. The one person who actually took responsibility and reflected on his behavior. He called his friends and told them that he will go to the police and tried to convince them to take responsibility as well. That is how you cover for your friends. You don 't say, oh I am going to cover for our mistake shooting someone dead and then say "it is because of my friends' behavior that I did it, the devil made me do it." But then that is exactly what a psychopath would think, no sense of moral ethics or for the right of others.

It was hard for me to tell who among the boys was whom. I thought it was In Ho who said to wait and to call the police, trying to convince them to wait. I read in this thread a post that said the same. At this point, I am not going to go back and rewatch, I will take your word for it.  So, if it was In Ho who asked them to get rid of the body and not call the police, then it makes sense for him to live his life the way he did. 

The one who asked to wait and call the police is Jun Hee. Ever since a kid JH has a better conscience than the rest. That is why he wants to turn himself eventhough they do not know who killed MJ. HB always the coward one. TS is the one who always come with ideas and IH the calmer one. You can differentiate their behavior and also their fashion style. I can easily tell which one is IH because IH always the one who wears turtle neck knit wear. 

On 3/9/2018 at 11:36 PM, zenya22 said:

Am I the only one who think that what happened to IH was actually male rape? It doesn't look consensual. As everyone said, he was the only one who was not interested in MJ and he ended up dating her. Was he being blackmailed after the accident? After all, he said he hated her so much, he wanted to kill her. If this is the case, the drama is indeed very disturbing. I mean IH was actually a victim, but everybody treated him as if he was in the wrong. He probably did what he did, so that MJ didn't tell his wife about his secret.

I agree with you that IH's life was totally ruined more than anyone else. At first glance, it looks like JH was the one who was the most tortured by guilt to the point that he took drugs. However, after I found out IH was the driver, I started to think differently. IH was no different with JH. Non consensual sex to IH was like drugs to JH. They didn't enjoy it, but they needed it to escape the past. And they weren't cruel enough to kill their torturer, so they just suffered alone in silence.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:52 AM, liltash85 said:

I think they had the judge left, but he's forgotten. I doubt she would hurt Dal Rae. So, either for IH or for suicide. I hope it wouldn't end up that way. I think IH had suffered a lot and I think he's actually not a bad person. He didn't even involve in hurting the doctor's sister. And now, I really believe he was being blackmailed and forced to sleep with MJ. Later on, he was being treated like a criminal for an act he actually had never consented. There's no way he didn't regret the past. However, he simply had too much to lose to accept retribution. I mean... his family...

1 hour ago, fujisaku said:

Am I the only one who think that what happened to IH was actually male rape? It doesn't look consensual. As everyone said, he was the only one who was not interested in MJ and he ended up dating her. Was he being blackmailed after the accident? After all, he said he hated her so much, he wanted to kill her. If this is the case, the drama is indeed very disturbing. I mean IH was actually a victim, but everybody treated him as if he was in the wrong. He probably did what he did, so that MJ didn't tell his wife about his secret.

I agree with you that IH's life was totally ruined more than anyone else. At first glance, it looks like JH was the one who was the most tortured by guilt to the point that he took drugs. However, after I found out IH was the driver, I started to think differently. IH was no different with JH. Non consensual sex to IH was like drugs to JH. They didn't enjoy it, but they needed it to escape the past. And they weren't cruel enough to kill their torturer, so they just suffered alone in silence.

I think they had the judge left, but he's forgotten. I doubt she would hurt Dal Rae. So, either for IH or for suicide. I hope it wouldn't end up that way. I think IH had suffered a lot and I think he's actually not a bad person. He didn't even involve in hurting the doctor's sister. And now, I really believe he was being blackmailed and forced to sleep with MJ. Later on, he was being treated like a criminal for an act he actually had never consented. There's no way he didn't regret the past. However, he simply had too much to lose to accept retribution. I mean... his family...

male rape? Wah that could be a good plot twist. 

As for in hurting the doctor's sister, IH did involve indirectly. He is the one sending JH overseas the same night to cover him up (tho it is TS idea, but he follows thru). Then together they create false alibi for HB n JH. These 4 men were so close that they will cover each other asses (at least before MJ case). That is why they rent the penthouse together so that the place can be their 'hideout'. 

7 hours ago, fujisaku said:

I agree with you that IH's life was totally ruined more than anyone else. At first glance, it looks like JH was the one who was the most tortured by guilt to the point that he took drugs. However, after I found out IH was the driver, I started to think differently. IH was no different with JH. Non consensual sex to IH was like drugs to JH. They didn't enjoy it, but they needed it to escape the past. And they weren't cruel enough to kill their torturer, so they just suffered alone in sile

I don't think you are the only one who thinks that. As a child, I wonder how he was raised. It seems that he was afraid of what his family will think of him, that he will lose face and be shamed and he would rather not call the police and report what happened and take responsibility. It was an accident, the road was dark. But then he suffered endlessly anyway, secretly felt ashamed and guilty. He was never really at peace, living with so much stress. WAS that why MJ got the bar, I wonder? 

Archived