[OFFICIAL] GUM COUPLE ❤ | Kim Nam Gil & Kim Ah Joong | Im ❤ Kyung

vangsweetie637

"While acting <LUTYN>. Looking at Kim AhJoong's eyes while acting, the tears came easily."

I've been replaying this in my head for several hours exact and I couldn't wait to get home and gif one scene, which I think perfectly represents KNG's words:

Bezymyanny2.gif?extra=nqrbTlEDxZgtTSz1qcwFpfzzz1rMQyHBfUHVhB0mbokosdI8nDeTXPx02gjaf9bRH1aWQLkdAfIySNX9ISxPb3GwM8UDC_uKINEhNq5d_EVR79IH89a84KvZWgK8x3CkxAw63vtvDe8Bezymyanny11.gif?extra=xovUX4Igr6-e-TR4NQXSwnZF-BWwrMYvKd4FqEzjti2WUoFmWUTcVVb-7E5Fdx2i7bSz-fJ87S6ngSl4KV-eAQI-agogmNHUn6BCHBb3C07ZjL8UAtFKjOkg8coyXvE1VNgq2JuIZxo

I mean we can clearly see his watery almost-in-tears eyes

• Like 22

Sorry oot.. about kim joo hyuk funeral, so many celeb were there but kng & kaj were not there.. i dont know if kng ever work with him once or even knew him or not.. but eventho kng never work with him, i think maybe he knew him also since both in d celeb circle.. 

For kaj, surely she knew him and we knew that maybe kaj isnt in korea right now, so she couldnt attend d funeral.. 

I dont know but why i think kng absence this time has related to kaj? Is he also not in korea? Or is he still filming his movie?

Edit: kim je dong was there.. so i'm sure kaj already knew d news..

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cherrine Kim said:

Sorry oot.. about kim joo hyuk funeral, so many celeb were there but kng & kaj were not there.. i dont know if kng ever work with him once or even knew him or not.. but eventho kng never work with him, i think maybe he knew him also since both in d celeb circle.. 

For kaj, surely she knew him and we knew that maybe kaj isnt in korea right now, so she couldnt attend d funeral.. 

I dont know but why i think kng absence this time has related to kaj? Is he also not in korea? Or is he still filming his movie?

Edit: kim je dong was there.. so i'm sure kaj already knew d news..

KAJ must know him since she was in a movie with him in 2005 and she was in Namoo Actors for a long time before the director of King Entertainment left Namoo to start his own agency.  and the director of King Ent also posted about Kim Joo Hyuk's death on IG...Kim Kang Woo (now in King Ent and previously in Namoo) and all the other Namoo actors also attended.... so i think KAJ must really be out of town otherwise she must attend???

• Like 9

^^ I thought of that too. KAJ might most probably be out of town. Not sure why KNG wasn’t there. Even SJK rushed down after his wedding. I didn’t want to think too much why he wasn’t there, lest I ended up judging KNG too presumptuously. But it could also be that he went at a time when the cameras weren’t around since the news did say many other celebrities went as well. 

• Like 7

On 10/31/2017 at 11:44 PM, busy_listening said:

@itssasa

I pre-ordered the DVD. 

@lovelycate

Oh no... I had no idea about the quota. First time ordering any Director's cut. Hmm... If the DVD version doesn't meet the quota, will they give us a chance to get the blu-ray? :wacko:

It says maybe the DVD will be sub in English?   Do you anything about that?  I like to buy it too but if it's not sub  in English not sure if I want to buy it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kfan222 said:

KAJ must know him since she was in a movie with him in 2005 and she was in Namoo Actors for a long time before the director of King Entertainment left Namoo to start his own agency.  and the director of King Ent also posted about Kim Joo Hyuk's death on IG...Kim Kang Woo (now in King Ent and previously in Namoo) and all the other Namoo actors also attended.... so i think KAJ must really be out of town otherwise she must attend???

Lee Yo Won didn't attend as well, just like KAJ they also starred in the same movie. Although she was busy shooting for her drama. So maybe KAJ is busy too.

KNG started shooting his movie. But it's not like all celebrities attended the funeral,  so maybe only those close to him and probably still in contact with him attended. So if KNG didn't get to meet him in real, I do not think he will go.

Still I at least thought they will have some kind of message or reaction to it, western celebrities and even celebrities in my country often tweet or post for their condolences whenever a well known celebrity died (even if they are foreigner) so I guess it's just different for them?

• Like 5

Many thanks to @siena and @etherealk408, for the early and confirmed translations, and to everyone here for the analyses since then.

Regarding the tears that KNG shed following the filming of LUTYN, I attribute them to the fact that he was taken from the modern-day Seoul in which he was reunited with KAJ's character and transported to another locale, not unlike being sent back to Joseon. Whereas KAJ could maintain the illusion of happiness that would come from staying in a time and place where she had just reconnected with her character's lover, KNG was sent away, to an environment where nothing of that joyful reunion remained. Having just experienced, so viscerally, the pain that HI felt at Namsan Tower and again when he pierced his own heart, while looking into CYK's eyes, being removed from the set of LUTYN, to film a new story, founded in a new world and in a new location, could easily have caused KNG to revisit the sensations of wrenching loss. Fortunately, the peace of KNG's current filming site provided the solace he needed, as much as being in a remote location (again, not unlike Joseon) contributed to his suffering. Just as HI successfully readjusted to Joseon life, KNG has begun to regain his emotional footing and likely separate himself from the character of HI.

For these reasons, I don't think that the tears KNG described were due to missing  KAJ, but due to reliving the separation from a loved one that HI experienced, as KNG moved to a new filming site. That he would re-inhabit this set of tortured emotions probably did take him by surprise, as even he might not have been aware of how thoroughly he "became" HI. Because his personal change in location caused his last impression of HI to be one of pain, exorcising the character from himself likely was more saddening than he expected from a drama with a happier ending. By contrast, the overall joy that he exudes I attribute to the acceptance and harmony that he found with KAJ, whether professionally or personally. Feeling understood and welcomed and seen and valued makes people smile from the inside out, and I do see that kind of happiness in KNG these days.

I also agree with @YuKo Wong: we don't know what stage of relationship or non-relationship the Gum Couple is in, at the moment. Like many actors who experience crazy chemistry with a co-star, they might be stepping back for a bit, to see what remains of their connection, personally. Time will tell. On our side, though, we have their intense professional rapport, which may well cause them to be cast opposite each other in the near future. We also have excellent detectives here, ready to analyze crumbs in the forms of sleeve lengths and BTS stares, and give us more food for thought. :blush:

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, sublimelyheureuse said:

By contrast, the overall joy that he exudes I attribute to the acceptance and harmony that he found with KAJ, whether professionally or personally. Feeling understood and welcomed and seen and valued makes people smile from the inside out, and I do see that kind of happiness in KNG these days.

Sorry, don't mean to cut your post short but I totally agree with this! And I'm sure this is exactly how KAJ feels towards KNG as well. I'm so happy they were able to find this in each other. I wouldn't be too sad if they don't end up dating but I do hope they remain good friends!

• Like 9

6 hours ago, leba said:

@siena, i need to watch the wrap up cake cutting clip again to hear the giggle and the clang! Haha. Great detective work! Hehe.

Hehe. Quoted myself...

I did watch the wrap up party cake cutting clip last night. Haha. All the way until I dozed off.... Managed to see him “giggle”, laugh, when AJ decided to cut his hand off instead of dividing them. It all happened so quickly I never really noticed before. And I also saw him turn his head to look at AJ’s hand when he heard the “clang” sound, just to make sure she was ok with the knife. Ooh. Very slight gestures. But very telling of his attentiveness towards her. Hehe.

And I like one of the photos of both NG and AJ at the party. I think one of you posted yesterday. It looked a bit blurry but it showed both of them watching the finale together. They looked so happy and comfortable watching together. 

• Like 10

I am extremely simple minded. :D

Why did KNG shed tears after LUTYN? => Because he missed working with them => Because he missed YK (who has the most interaction with him)=> Because he missed KAJ (they called each other real names on the set)!

Will KNG continue to miss/love KAJ afterwards? Only time can tell. But we shippers/gummers have a good start (a very good start) to cheer for them, right? 

Just hope our ship will sail to the destination, not sank in the middle of the ocean... :tongue:

• Like 16

Guys, may I ask you something? Why did Kim Nam Gil so beautiful? What did he eat actually? I cried over his photoshoot while doing my activities this morning :bawling:

Just realize, highcutstar's avatar changed into KNG. It's so beautiful~

• Like 12
  • LOL 3

15 hours ago, etherealk408 said:

Just by looking at your cheerful side now, it's hard to imagine it, but did you have any experience crying recently?
While acting <LUTYN>. Looking at Kim AhJoong's eyes while acting, the tears came easily (laughs) . After the drama ended, it felt much emptier than how I thought it would be. I was alone and suddenly tears welled up in my eyes. Is it menopause? (laughs) The thing was, since LUTYN had a happy ending I didn't think it would be that way. After the drama ended I didn't want to turn around and look back at it but the aftereffects lingered too long. I looked at the far sky and mountains, listen to songs and got sentimental about it, and after suffering over it like that I feel refreshed.

Just a bit of random thought, Gummers, but you know how some people like to relate to songs whose lyrics reflect their lives' situations and pretend it's the soundtrack of their lives and they're in a drama or something? Well, I do that too.. but since my own (love) life is not that eventful kekeke, I mostly do that for my OTPs (all fictions btw except this one ^^) with their lives, feelings & relationship growth in mind.

That's why idk about you guys but I can't help feeling a bit giddy & fixated on the part where KNG said himself that he listened to songs when he's reminiscing LUTYN.. Is he doing it, I wonder? Relating not only his withdrawal but also his own current (love) life situation to songs?

If so, what songs has he been listening to during those melancholic jamming sessions of his on the mountains under the sky? Has anyone here been wondering about it as well? I assume it would likely include the drama's OSTs..? I wonder what goes in his mind during those times then.. I mean, I for one, whenever I miss the drama and listen to the OSTs, my mind always automatically sends me back to all the moments in the drama that the songs accompany.. say, listening to Hyolyn's Always would give me flashbacks of, ahem, a certain study session on facial acupunture points..

Is it possible that KNG is having it that way too..? Ohhh what I wouldn't give to have a peek at KNG's LUTYN Withdrawal Playlist and into his mind even just for a second >_< Also KAJ would likely have a playlist too since she's on withdrawal as well..? Gahh seriously I thought all of my curiosity would be satiated after the Highcut interview and hearing both KAJ & KNG's sides.. but with all these crazy hints both of them are throwing around I really am having more questions than before now.. *sigh*

Btw thank youu for the HD pictures @YuKo Wong & @ravairie wow.. *nosebleeds* I wish I were in Korea right now so I can grab one of the magazines straight away..

• Like 14
  • LOL 2