[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

I'm just a bit shocked that monkey and the lotus girl are falling in love so quickly in the drama. How is the romantic tension build if they are already in love?   Felt a little uneasy with the Pig rock star, his character and role is a little forced, doesn't flow naturally. But it is very very early.   I guess the show will mostly be anecdotal stories of monkey protecting the lotus girl from demons. Well we will see.  Problem with fantasy stories - the reliance on magical tricks instead of powerful storyline.   As of now I really like Lee Seung Gi portrayal of the Monkey King, and that is the biggest perk.  

• Like 7

Hmmm.. i was thinking how Oh Gong  fell in love so fast with Sun mi too

but does she feel the same way already too? At the moment she still sees him as her protector (?)

i guess despite then falling in love there will be hurdles like Woo Ma Wang who def against it. He is so angry when Sunmi remembers Oh Gong's name...

and oh please tvn don't ever let Hwayugi marked as problematic drama. It's great in terms of everything... you and the company in charged destroyed the amazing blast that ep 2 should have.

i still don't get it, Lee Seung Gi started filming as soons as he was released( so about 1.5-2 months before) while other cast filmed way before him

i don't get how they can't even handle the 2nd and now they can't air ep 4?? 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, haymochi said:

i still don't get it, Lee Seung Gi started filming as soons as he was released( so about 1.5-2 months before) while other cast filmed way before him

i don't get how they can't even handle the 2nd and now they can't air ep 4?? 

The issue is not the filming but the post production. They knew this drama would rely heavily on computer graphics, more so than any other drama, but maybe they underestimated how much time and effort it would've required, or they're short on staff.

In hindsight they should've delayed the drama all together. Waiting few more weeks wouldn't have killed anyone.

• Like 5

Just now completed 2 episodes.. I have been waiting for subs all these days.. I have to say LSG's comeback is pretty good.. 

I could really connect with LSG's character SOG.. The way he is self centered for him everything starts from him n ends with him.. The way he is a jerk is pretty much adorable for me!! .. But he still has that lingering feelings for JSM.. He is pretty much of a jerk until now.. I hope he isn't acting like loving JSM to take that bracelet off.. I can't believe he wud fall for her easily n realise it soo soon.. He is falling for her that's sure but I don't think he realises it.. I hope he isn't acting!!  

The starting scene of JSM childhood reminded me of Goblin.. But then sush the story completely took a fantastic turn over.. She isn't soo weak..she needs is strong enough.. She isn't very bubbly.. She is exactly the right amount of human.. She does everything for her survival, Her protection.. Even if it's not listening to WHC n believing SOG. She is feared but she also believes she can tackle everything alone.. She knows she can't handle but still hangs on with everything doesn't think of giving up.. 

WHC I couldn't connect with him till now.. I guess in further episodes I wud connect with his.. But his secretary is just awesome.. LE's character is also a demon.. 

Abt P. K.  I don't know what to say.. He was very less onscreen so can't say anything.. Mr. Snow frost n the kettle were adorable.. 

I m looking forward to SOG n JSM's love development.. As it's Hong sisters we can expect a lot of tear jerking romance.. I m liking CGI soo far..  But can be better..

thVUNgG.jpg

P. S.  I was hesitating to watch it.. As I heard its a copy of goblin n etc etc.. No way it's related to goblin.. A show has demons that doesn't mean it's goblin ppl!!.. I know journey of the west china version.. I was looking forward to seeing it's modern version.. I m really happy that LSG is playing it!! He has been one of my favorites over time.. He can pull off any role.. My believe in him once again proved right.. Hope writers n CGI doesn't mess up in future story

• Like 9

How can they not care about the staff safety at all??????:bawling:

poor guy.. he is first a father and a husband... if something happens to him what about his family??? 

And people get even angrier with the drama asking to stop airing it. I'm just stressed and sad right now..

why?? Why?? Why??

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, haymochi said:

How can they not care about the staff safety at all??????:bawling:

poor guy.. he is first a father and a husband... if something happens to him what about his family??? 

And people get even angrier with the drama asking to stop airing it. I'm just stressed and sad right now..

why?? Why?? Why??

Really what is production team doing?? They didn't even take precaution measure for their staff.. What's happening with this show.. Soo much things r happening with the show!! 

Hope the staff is safe now n him n his family gets what they deserve from the production team!! 

Hope they won't repeat the same.. Hope there are no further mishaps !!

• Like 4

I wonder how these kind of things happen a lot in drama production (maybe lots I remember one drama where one of the staff died because of fire and now this. 

The man and his family deserves compensation.... 

i do hope the cast and drama won't get hate. It's still their hard work

• Like 5

Hwayugi: Episode 2

by girlfriday

hwayugi02-00145a.jpg

I’m already loving this setup, which has a funny should-I-love-you-or-eat-you relationship between human and monster at the center, like My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho did. In practice it’s more like they took the blueprint of Journey to the West and mixed it with vampire lore and a contract relationship, but it comes together in a surprisingly natural way. It really helps that Seung-gi is so perfectly cast as this infuriating but endearing hero, who shows just enough warmth under his devilish façade to make me love him.

The second episode had some major missteps in production though, and there was a series of broadcast accidents that occurred when it first aired, from stuntmen’s wires hanging all over the place to CG green screens showing. The worst was when commercials repeated instead of the last twenty minutes of the broadcast, and the episode just cut off without an ending. It’s worrisome to see live-shoot mishaps so early into a show’s run (you couldn’t have just premiered a week later?), and I hope they can get it together and air tighter episodes from here on out. Episode 2 was re-edited and re-aired in full on Monday.

More http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/12/hwayugi-episode-2/

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

Details of the accident here....the article said the tv station and production team tried to cover up this issue....that is bad.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/drama-filming-disaster-man-falls-100ft/

30 meters? And they even have a graph lol. It's 3 meters not 30. 

Keeping the issue quiet and covering it up are two different things. Regardless, it's been made known after 3 days.

• Like 4

It's 3 meter???:astonished:

if it's 30 meter i don't know how can the man survived ed the fall.

he is recovering but whether he is paralyzed or not is still in question.  For the sake of his family please be okay.  This is so upsetting

even more with the drama which starts off with such positive reactions :(

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, haymochi said:

It's 3 meter???:astonished:

if it's 30 meter i don't know how can the man survied the fall.

he is recovering but whether he is paralyzed or not is still in question.  For the sake of his family please be okay.  This is so upsetting

even more with the drama which starts off with such positive reactions :(

It's 3 not 30. koreaboo made a huge blunder. They're not reliable at all. 

• Like 3

Well you gotta over hyped the news for clicks and dramas...

these news outlets are just unreliable

gosh... i hope the man recovers. I feel so bad for him

fighting to all the casts, crew, and staffs who are still filming too... 

gonna igonre the haters.. sigh

• Like 4