[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

7 hours ago, Gerry58 said:

interview with Jang hyuk - got eng sub

He chose 3 best scenes- 2 are with sy :D

No, the best 3 scenes he chose were : Revealing that he is Jang Eun-cheon to Jung Mal-ran, the car-turning scene with Na Mo-hyun and the crying scene with grandpa Jang Kook-hwan.

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15177295331321928019

1517729413_1321928.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Oh so Jang Hyuk went for the Jeju trip as well ! And I think I see Lee Mi-sook,  Yong-goo, Uncle Jang and Chauffeur Oh as well, not too sure who else are in the pic haha.. all wearing dark glassess..

Wow! He has been acting out of character lately. First he embarrased us fans by wearing 'normal' clothes at wrap-up party and then he went on a trip with his team. But relief is his 'style' is back.:lol: 

The lady sitting next to Dam Ryu is the writer Lee Myung Hee.

3 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

No, the best 3 scenes he chose were : Revealing that he is Jang Eun-cheon to Jung Mal-ran, the car-turning scene with Na Mo-hyun and the crying scene with grandpa Jang Kook-hwan.

So he made everybody happy except Jang Seung Jo.:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

Found this article. Jang Seung Jo looks quiet youthful and I was shocked to find out that he is 36. But for me more shocking is Im Kang Sung who played Jang Yeo Cheon is also 36. Both of them are only five years younger than JH and I was wondering why Kang Pil Joo was surrounded by the babies.:lol:

Netizens are in shock after finding out the age of idol-like actor Jang Seung Jo

We all thought he was like an idol but he was actually an ahjussi.

The actor has starred in many weekend and daily dramas.

He has also guested on MBC's 'Radio Star' in 2015 and gained attention for Many described Jang Seung Jo as Ji Chang Wook + JYJ's Jaejoong.

his flower boy visuals. 

misc_1517420071_%E3%85%93%E3%84%B4%E3%84

But after some research on Jang Seung Jo, many fell in deep shock because Jang Seung Jo is almost 40! Yes, you read that right. The idol-like actor is 38-years-old to be exact. 

It doesn't end here. What's more shocking is that he's actually married; not just to anyone but to Lina of CSJH The Grace

misc_1517420260_%E3%85%85%E3%84%B7%E3%85

Netizens are in great shock at his youthful look. Comments stated, "Hul? He was married? I remember clapping and giggling with my mom when watching his drama because he's so handsome", "He's more good looking than many idols", "I'm just more shocked that he's actually married", "He's soooooooo handsome", "I thought he was in his 20s..."

Source: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/01/netizens-are-in-shock-after-finding-out-the-age-of-idol-like-actor-jang-seung-jo

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Wow! He has been acting out of character lately. First he embarrased us fans by wearing 'normal' clothes at wrap-up party and then he went on a trip with his team. But relief is his 'style' is back.:lol: 

The lady sitting next to Dam Ryu is the writer Lee Myung Hee.

So he made everybody happy except Jang Seung Jo.:D

Haha he had to dress up during the party probably coz the MBC president was present lol..

As for Jang Seung-jo, I think both of them already have a mutual understanding that lies beyond such superficial things haha..

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha he had to dress up during the party probably coz the MBC president was present lol..

Oh I remember I think it was in old Win Win episode where he said that he told KBS president that he'll dress properly for the awards ceremony because in 1999 KBS awards he was wearing a sweater with the bunny pattern.:blink: 

Despite ridiculousness of his daily style he maintains the decency in formal events. He respects formal ocassions. He never stooped to the level of So Ji Sub or Kang Do Won.lols

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

On 2/5/2018 at 2:44 AM, mimisl123 said:

The scene where he was saved for the second time by the love of his life says that it is time for the new begining as the real JEC. First time he was saved by her inorder to get his revenge, second time start his new life. And for that it is NMH  who brings him back and signalling him to come start fresh by sending him the Mail also that in seclusion  (without anyone knowing) that goes to say after saving him she looked after him until he went to Gapyeomg and she was the one who knew where he was. Also it is a way for NMH to tell him that it is time to shorten the distance between them, so the last scene where she sees him walking out means She knows he has accepted her request and is back  (like the migratory birds) to an unpolluted company to start new, his life and the deep love theyhave. She was relieved to see him from behind. Remember that NMH did what KPJ asked her to do, not to leave cheong A and clean up the foundation and maintain it purely. And in that last scene it is a promise that she makes to keep him in her heart and no one can replace him in her heart, after heading those words KPJ coming closer meant that it possible to shorten the distance but they both need time. She understood it and that's why she held his hand to say she knows that and she will be waiting until he is ready to begin again and open his heart to her. Man that talk with their eyes!! 

I love this, I couldn't have written such a beautiful insight to this dramas end. Thank you:heart:

This was my first time watching Jang Hyuk and Park Se Young in a drama,  I will be waiting for their next dramas. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, evie7 said:

I love this, I couldn't have written such a beautiful insight to this dramas end. Thank you:heart:

This was my first time watching Jang Hyuk and Park Se Young in a drama,  I will be waiting for their next dramas. 

Oh you can watch Beautiful Mind, both of them also starred in that, just that PSY is the second lead there.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2018 at 6:10 AM, bebebisous33 said:

- The stabbing: This doesn't just symbolise the death of KPJ, but also signifies the end of the revenge. We shouldn't forget that NMH's first rescue was the trigger that put KPJ to start his revenge and since she is the one who saves him after getting stabbed, her intervention marks the end of his revenge. NMH's first rescue signifies the rebirth of KPJ who abandoned his true identity in the river and the second rescue, the return of JEC. The blood of KPJ caused by the stabbing illustrates the death of KPJ. 

This  is brilliant bebebisensei, I love reading your insights:heart:  I would have never seen this on my own.

@Prettysup @kohnleeThanks for suggestion:D I'm going to check it out soon.

Edited by evie7
adding stuff
  • Like 9

Interviews with Boo-cheon, Mo-hyun and Pil-joo after their final shooting with Chinese subs.

JBC,  when asked about acting opposite Pil joo vs Mo-hyun, he said the first half will be Pil-joo and second half will be Mo-hyun.

NMH when asked about her most memorable scene, she said it is the scene which she slapped herself after Pil-joo told her the truth. It is the first time she has slapped herself on screen.

KPJ says he feels so relieved now as he can finally sleep well, but yet he feels sad it has ended, so it is sort of a mixed feeling. Although Money Flower ended, actor JH will present viewers with more roles in the future.

• Like 10

Was finally able to finish MF without lots of lagging…not a drama to keep interrupting.  I was satisfied with the ending with one exception: 

On the plus side, JEC/KPJ did experience some karmic payback by jail time and the stabbing.  To have been accepted and trusted as Cheong A’s dog, KPJ had to have done many not-nice things for this nasty family in addition to what we did see.  So, I felt that what followed the stabbing -- quiet time in nature (which he had loved earlier), reflecting and redirecting, and likely coming back to use his skills in the world, smiling, looking up at the open sky -- this all felt authentic, possible since the jail time and stabbing had happened.  He didn’t owe anything to anyone anymore, and KPJ was becoming ancient history in EC’s mind and life.

Just as she’d promised NMH was always there, coming up to see him on the roof, sending him the announcement/guidelines, and one assumes more over the years he was in seclusion.  The one complaint was the lack of any direct acknowledgment between them…even just seeing each other from afar in the last scene and giving a small smile of acknowledgment would have been enough, and I’m not sure why that was not included. 

Had to wonder if someone with so much jail time could get the position under an independent board of directors, though it seemed JEC would prevail.

I thought it was interesting that JH went to Jeju, since he usually doesn’t do these things.  It was a very high-performing cast and his presence seemed to acknowledge that.  Earlier when MF ended, I think JH said something about finding himself holding on a bit to the experience of MF/his role.  Sure hope JH is acknowledged with a Daesung!   So happy for him and us!

Thanks to everyone on the thread for all the insights, news, images, etc!!!!!!! 

Seeing you again in K-dramaland…:heart:

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, kdyes said:

Was finally able to finish MF without lots of lagging…not a drama to keep interrupting.  I was satisfied with the ending with one exception: 

On the plus side, JEC/KPJ did experience some karmic payback by jail time and the stabbing.  To have been accepted and trusted as Cheong A’s dog, KPJ had to have done many not-nice things for this nasty family in addition to what we did see.  So, I felt that what followed the stabbing -- quiet time in nature (which he had loved earlier), reflecting and redirecting, and likely coming back to use his skills in the world, smiling, looking up at the open sky -- this all felt authentic, possible since the jail time and stabbing had happened.  He didn’t owe anything to anyone anymore, and KPJ was becoming ancient history in EC’s mind and life.

Just as she’d promised NMH was always there, coming up to see him on the roof, sending him the announcement/guidelines, and one assumes more over the years he was in seclusion.  The one complaint was the lack of any direct acknowledgment between them…even just seeing each other from afar in the last scene and giving a small smile of acknowledgment would have been enough, and I’m not sure why that was not included. 

I totally agree with what you said above. however, the writer left us the most important and the most obvious 2 things to imagine on our own, one being whether or not he got selected for the position and the love line between him and NMH.

In my opinion, they could have sent a direct signal as you said for the two of them acknowledging but JEC was the migratory bird who returned to the unpolluted company and NMH loves seeing the birds so she saw him from behind meant that he finally is ready to start his new chapter in life and i guess that is more than enough as that implies they end up together. Also, if he was still KPJ the one JBC knew he couldn't have shortened the distance between him and NMH now that they both ignore each other, and him accepting NMH's request to come back is what triggered him to make the move to start fresh as JEC.

This ending leaves room for a season 2, and could have ended a bit more on a stronger note. In the last few minutes the creativity which was maintained right throughout this drama was lost, time frame issues perhaps i dunno. But truly a small gesture of both them would have completed the curiosity of viewers as you said and would have been the perfect ending, anyway i am happy that they at least implied that they will eventually end up together. JEC looking at the sky also means that its the new beginning and sky is the limit as no ones stopping him from his happiness, the relief he felt while walking towards morning light.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

'Money flower' Jang Hyuk "I have no prejudice against weekend dramas”

Jang Hyuk said in an interview which was held at a cafe in Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul on the 8th Feb. "Initially, people asked me, “'Why do you act in a weekend drama?” I have no idea of the concept of a weekend drama nowadays, I only heard that the production environment of mini series and weekend dramas are different. But the work was good, so I wanted to do it. In fact, I feel some regrets about 'Midas' earlier, it was the feeling that the character which was too good was attracted to the case. So I thought when I get older I should try a similar character, and this time I had an opportunity. I have no prejudice against weekend dramas. "

But the audience for the weekend time slot is definitely there. Jang Hyuk said, "There is a target for the weekend audience, but we think the target is different. I was careful in that regard. We shot the first 4 episodes and I was worried that the pace was too fast. Fortunately, the viewers were very supportive. Thank you. "

MBC weekend special project "Money Flower" (written by Lee Myung-hee, directed by Kim Hee-won) which ended on 3rd Feb, tells the story of those who lives in the illusion that they dominate money, but who were actually consumed by money. Although the ‘3 elements of makjang dramas’ were all present – birth secrets, adultery, and revenge, the unexpected plot developments made it different from the regular weekend drama.

And at the center of it was Jang Hyuk, who played the role of Kang Pil-joo, called "the dog of Cheong-A group". Jang Hyuk is evaluated as having created a new ‘life character’ through this work. It marks his return to a corporate drama after 'Midas' 6 years ago, and once again proves the existence value of the actor named Jang Hyuk beyond historical and action dramas. 

The popularity of the drama was also reflected in the audience ratings. From an initial 10.3% for the first episode, it exceeded 15% in the 6th episode (Nielsen Korea, national standards), and ended at 23.9% for its final 24th episode, setting its own personal high record. Thanks to the good reception, the production team and actors of the 'Money Flower' were rewarded with a 3 days 2 nights vacation to Jeju Island recently.

On the other hand, Jang Hyuk is reviewing his next work after the end of 'Money Flower', and is about to release the movie 'Swordsman'

88566729.1.jpg

201802081047774956_5a7bac238bc15.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20180208/88566741/1

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

More of Jang Hyuk's interview related to 'Money Flower'

• I started shooting after receiving only 3 episodes of the script, so  it was filmed without knowing what is going to happen next. When we were deliberating whether this drama is going to have a happy or sad ending, the director says, "I will not shoot a drama about dead people", so the ending reflects the writer's idea. From my point of view, getting back the name Jang Eun-cheon means a complete ending. In the last episode, there was actually a scene which Pil-joo and Mo-hyun look at each other, but it was edited out. If they have looked at each other, it would mean a new beginning. Editing this out leaves viewers with a lingering expectation.
  • I set a new goal for myself through this drama. I have been acting for 20 years, Lee Mi-sook senior 40 years, and Lee Soon-jae senior 60 years. I hope to walk the same path as them, to maintain my passion towards acting. Both of them have been a great help towards my acting.
  • Park Se-young is a very hardworking junior. When we were acting in 'Beautiful Mind' she would ask me which feeling should she portray? After I replied her, she can portray it within one second, and has been maintaining this way since then. This time it is also the same, she is really a very sincere person, well taken care of, has a good up-bringing, works hard to improve herself, and has a very good attitude towards her work. 
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

More of Jang Hyuk's interview related to 'Money Flower'

• I started shooting after receiving only 3 episodes of the script, so  it was filmed without knowing what is going to happen next. When we were deliberating whether this drama is going to have a happy or sad ending, the director says, "I will not shoot a drama about dead people", so the ending reflects the writer's idea. From my point of view, getting back the name Jang Eun-cheon means a complete ending. In the last episode, there was actually a scene which Pil-joo and Mo-hyun look at each other, but it was edited out. If they have looked at each other, it would mean a new beginning. Editing this out leaves viewers with a lingering expectation.
  • I set a new goal for myself through this drama. I have been acting for 20 years, Lee Mi-sook senior 40 years, and Lee Soon-jae senior 60 years. I hope to walk the same path as them, to maintain my passion towards acting. Both of them have been a great help towards my acting.
  • Park Se-young is a very hardworking junior. When we were acting in 'Beautiful Mind' she would ask me which feeling should she portray? After I replied her, she can portray it within one second, and has been maintaining this way since then. This time it is also the same, she is really a very sincere person, well taken care of, has a good up-bringing, works hard to improve herself, and has a very good attitude towards her work. 

Thanks for this. So there had been an actually a scene where they showed us directly that it was a new beginning for them as well. Why did they edited that out for God's sake and let viewers to determine what happens with JEC and NMH  and leave us with so much creativity! :D The PD tried to be over creative I guess :D:D so to all who wondered what happned with them we now have an Answer. 

• Like 10

Thanks @Prettysup for the interviews. I like JH's thoughts on the drama, it really shows that he chose this role because he wanted to play a character like Pil Joo despite when the drama was announced many people seemed to be MMMH about his choice. I like that he chose to be determined and challenge himself.

Loved that he clarified that there was a scene with Mo Hyun at the end but they didn't show it, it just means that the writer intended to let us see that they would finally be open to embrace their future together step by step. Maybe the writer wanted us to question if that was going to happen or not and who knows, her next drama will feature a couple like PJ/MH who start from where we left them (I mean, she'd use the premises of those characters but change their names). Overall, the feeling is new beginnings, infact the last line that was uttered on the drama is "Now I will start" and it was our main character who said it as he was finally able to begin his life as Eun Cheon but also start again in Cheong A and with Mo Hyun.

I'm currently writing a fanfiction about Mo Hyun and Pil Joo after the finale, just to give them an imaginary ending we didn't see (and because I feel creative nowadays). :wink: I'll post the link here once I'm done.

• Like 11