Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Contains spoilers for final 2 episodes, do not read if you have not watched with subs yet.

"Successful end ..." Money Flower recorded its highest audience rating of 24%

'Money Flower' has finished broadcasting with its own highest viewership rating.

According to Nielsen Korea on the 4th Feb, MBC weekend special drama "Money Flower" (written by Lee Myung-hee, director Kim Hee-won) broadcasted on Feb 3 recorded 18.2% and 24.0% in the Seoul area for its final episodes. This is an increase from 19.1% and 23.0% recorded in the 21st and 22nd episodes broadcast on January 27th. In particular, the last episode is 1.0% higher than the 23% recorded in the 22nd episode

The last day of the 'Money Flower' broadcast the previous day, Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk) plotted to achieve revenge against the Cheonga group.

On this day, Jung Mal-ran tried to kill him by poisoning his wine, but Kang Pil-joo, who realized it in advance, thwarted her plan. After that, Jung Mal-ran was imprisoned for the murder of Oh Ki-pyung (Park Jeong Hak).

Kang Pil-joo invested the money of Jang Kook-hwan (Lee Soon-jae) in research fund for biotechnology and has transformed it into a system in which top executives are selected by the board of directors. Furthermore, Kang Pil-joo himself became an internal whistleblower and handed over the double account books of the Cheong-A group to the prosecutors. In the end, all the Cheong-A group's wrongdoings was judged, and Kang Pil-joo himself was also sentenced to three years in prison.

At the end of the broadcast, Kang Pil-joo, who was released from the prison, received an invitation from Na Mo Hyun (Park Se-young) to attend the interview for the selection of the new CEO of Cheong-A Group under the name of 'Jang Eun-cheon', hinting at a new start, thus bringing an end to  'Money Flower'

2018020401000271800017221.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201802040100027180001722&servicedate=20180204

8 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

I can’t wait to watch!!!! Need to wait for girl to nap first.

Haha i just finished watching after enduring no spoilers since last night.. enjoy yourself!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

I think tying up all those loose ends made the last episodes a bit tedious for me anyway.   They all pay a price. Wondering if Grandpa made it to his 100th birthday.  

I was taken back by the end, and confused so  came here to see your interpretations

For the interpretation he lives - thank you  @kysy

For the interpretation that he dies, - thank you @jus-ash

I think now  he really does live. . These "han" genre dramas are really brutal.   The person who throws his whole life into revenge mode  is consumed by it and usually destroys himself while he goes after his prey.   They don't end well.  The character is all burnt out - nothing left of them.

And the act of revenge itself brings karmic retribution back to the "hero".  KPJ  paid back society by going to jail.  He paid his karmic debt by being brutally stabbed by yet another unrecognized bio child obsessed with claiming his identity.   

I do think the drama "gods" decided to let KPJ live  after suffering and purging his sins, because as recounted clearly in this ending episode - he saved so many lives. He saved NMH, he saved JBC, he saved NGC,  he saved YSw and the little boy,  he even saves JMR.   (don't remember - does he also save Yong-goo too?)    But - if it wasn't for him - when you think about it -  none of their lives would have necessarily been in jeopardy.   

Still the scales were balanced.  Now he lives - alone in the world and free to make a new start. 

Personally wish he became a forest ranger. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

After reading @kysy and @purplebass insight on the last 2 episodes am a little bit sad and less angry & happy for the ending 

i can't state my own feeling right now... am still indifferent with my feelings ... 

1577.gif

still there.. it will take time for me maybe rewatching the whole thing after few months to be in the right place with my feeling...

As we all said .. its new start for them all.. the new life new breath ...

well done to all the cast... i don't think we can have same quality drama like money flower for maybe years  (i hope they make some good quality drama soon though) 

• Like 11

Okay i have now watched both of the last episodes and I understand what is going on now.  It is tying up loose ends and there is alot of metaphoric references in this ending.

Firstly keep in mind most dramas tie up loose ends and either have a time jump or forgiveness.  Thats great in drama land but this drama was not ended that way it was more a realistic way.

There was time jumps but sublte, like KPJ stabbing and his recovery.  Firstly to cleanse the Jang family everyone and i mean everyone had to go, like a huge wave to wash out Cheong A group.  Which meant KPj had to go with it, he also contributed but was aware that he would also had to be in that wave.

Its sad but needed for JBC to find out the truth behind it all.  He cant have his own life until he is faced with the truth.  He cant have people propping him up, he knows this and wants his freedom.  He doesnt hate KPJ but also wants away from the drama now, there is too much revenge and he got caught up in it.  Hence why he cut ties with him and said for them not to recognise each other.

Before KPJ left thou he fixed Cheong A group so that JBC had a fighting chance.  That is why JBC stood stunned at the end of the meeting yet again KPJ was looking out for him and protecting Cheong A group.  The family is toxic and the company should not be influenced by family.

The stabbing was the actual metaphor death of KPJ.  With the stabbing KPJ is finally laid to rest like he died 20 years before.  Now KPJ recovers from his wounds pays respect and thanks KPJ but now its time to go back into the world and take his life back as a Jang.  

Of course NMH told him about the position by sending him the application.  His vision for the company will get him back to being a chairman.  Not because he is a Jang, but that as an attorney for the company it was always his visions that the executives put into place.  So he knows the company as well as he knows himself.

Also JBC had some truths to find out as well, he knew that his mother killed both his real father and also wounded Soo Man as well.  Thats another death his now knows his mother is responsible for.  He didnt have to be told or kicked out of the residence.  Its not his to start with, also its not where he belongs or wants to be.  Hence why he moved first then told KPJ later.  Hence why he also told his mother to accept her punishment and he will support her.  Still bothers me that despite going crazy that if she came out and continued would he still protect her.  He gives in to her and I doubt that will change which means JBC is still not strong and is likely to fall again in the future.

Meeting JBC by the lifts was not actually as strange as it looked in perspective.  Now as he new life he went for an interview like everyone else and saw JBC, but respecting JBC didnt acknowledge him as per his request.  But both of them also slightly smiled where they were acknowledging it was good to see each other again and yes yet again we are going for the same role.

All to well in drama's they alk about forgiveness and they steal funds, lie, cheat, and on it goes, ask forgiveness and move on as one big happy family.  Thats not realistic, this is more practical.  They all have their own punishment to serve, damage is still left to be healed in their own way and all move on to with their lives.  

At the end he was saying he finally back to who he should of been 20 years earlier, free of burdeon, taking in the fresh air ready to start a new.

Thats my take on the whole thing.  Someone could have a different take on it but I think i got most of the subtle references.

I agree with the type of love NMH has for KPJ,  Love is not about possessing someone or having to be with them.  Sometimes they give you a beautiful feeling, make you feel alive and even if they dont or cant be with you in this world, the fact that you know they are someone alive in it is enough for you.  They are both not at a place they can love each other without baggage.  Thats why she said she know they both love each other but that she has placed it deep inside her heart and is giving him his freedom to find his place in the world outside of the revenge he created.  The whole walking down the street bit was him starting anew with new possibilities for himself, the company, his relationship with JBC and also finally with NMH as well.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Finished watching both eps with subs. Yey JEC lived. I love the open ending. Now on my thoughts of everyone:

JEC: he got the chance to start all over again; his job and regaining his identity as JEC. He had a peaceful look at the end and I couldn't ask for more. His relationship with NMH was left to our imagination whether they will get together or not. They both admitted that they want each other but because there was too much lies and deceit, they let go of each other. With this fresh start for both of them, there is a chance they will get together. I was surprised that he got stabbed by the illegitimate child of gramps but then again KPJ pissed off a lot of people. I'm glad he told NMH he was going to the rooftop. She saved him again and he got to start over. He got his revenge on JMR and it was satisfying. 

NMH: I'm glad she started over and that her dad had sincerely apologized to her. She survived that mess of a family and living her life as before but stronger and matured this time. JEC apologized to her for bringing her in this mess and I'm proud that he did that. I glad she told JEC that she will keep him in her heart as the boy she saved and as well the man who saved her life. I'm glad she saved him again on the rooftop and also sent him those application to start over again because she knows he has potential in running the company. I wanted a scene with both of them again but this is for the best. This is the first drama that I'm happy that OTP acted as adults and continued with their lives with or without love.

Gramps: he ended up alone and the only one who cared for him genuinely at the end was Ms.Han. The look on his face when the entire Jang family was arrested after the judge gave them their sentences was priceless. He realised what he created and done for the first time. I'm glad he listened to JEC regarding the company management. His company lives on and JEC donated 4 billion dollars to society without gramps permission lol. Some things don't change hahaha. 

Uncle: he got a 7 years jail time and I couldn't be happier. At least JEC didn't donation his assets lol. 

Cousin: got a one year sentence for instigating suicide. I hope he learned his lesson and doesn't do anything stupid or mess around with JEC again. 

JBC: he finally grow up a little. Willing to let go NMH and making amends. JEC and his relationship was toxic from the beginning but I'm glad he acknowledged what his mother did to KPJs family and his father as well. Like he told his mother, he can't afford to snap until she comes to her senses. I'm surprised that he did not abandon his mom, she doesn't care for him at all. I felt sorry for him the moment he started to cry in front of gramps. I guess that's when he realised and admitted for real he is not gramps grandson. At least he has YSW and his son to fall back to. 

JMR: I thought KPJ being JEC didn't affect her at all, but man JEC broke her down completely. She is obsessed with him to the point she though JEC was her late husband. She is obsessed with him to the point where she thought committing suicide along with JEC and being carried in coffins together. The fact that she tried to drink poison in front of them was crazy. I'm glad that JBC brought that gun to the room. Boy she sent chills to my bones. She is lunatic and pure madness. I can't believe she murdered her husband when he told her he is leaving and also decided to get rid of his real family completely. The look of JEC and JBC hearing from her mouth that she killed JSM was priceless. I'm glad JBC told JEC to get out of the room.This is the woman who told the media that her son is not a JANG and JEC is the real grandson. Her son was just a tool at the end. Im glad he didnt inherit her madness lol. I think JBCs sister is also JECs half sister considering the fact the writer didn't mention anything regarding her. 

Thanks chingus for the recaps, analysis, and clips as always. I'm going to miss this show dearly. Also thanks to actors, actresses, staffs, directors and writer for this masterpiece revenge drama. This couldn't happen without u all. No offence but other writers should take a lesson from this wonderful drama on how to get revenge properly done lol. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

@lu09  We were both typing our epilogue summary of the final episodes at the same time it appears and both came to similar conclusions.  This is not a drama i could watch over and over again thats for sure its too deep and so much revenge back n forth for me.  A show like mad dog however I can do that on.

But thank you all the recappers and staff and those who post clips and information.  I like this site as much as i dont like going from episode to episode on shows, if i had to this is the best place to do it as i have people along side of me to discuss things with or ask questions or assist others with.  So thank you members as well for making the journey a pleasant one.

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

Okay i have now watched both of the last episodes and I understand what is going on now.  It is tying up loose ends and there is alot of metaphoric references in this ending.

Firstly keep in mind most dramas tie up loose ends and either have a time jump or forgiveness.  Thats great in drama land but this drama was not ended that way it was more a realistic way.

There was time jumps but sublte, like KPJ stabbing and his recovery.  Firstly to cleanse the Jang family everyone and i mean everyone had to go, like a huge wave to wash out Cheong A group.  Which meant KPj had to go with it, he also contributed but was aware that he would also had to be in that wave.

Its sad but needed for JBC to find out the truth behind it all.  He cant have his own life until he is faced with the truth.  He cant have people propping him up, he knows this and wants his freedom.  He doesnt hate KPJ but also wants away from the drama now, there is too much revenge and he got caught up in it.  Hence why he cut ties with him and said for them not to recognise each other.

Before KPJ left thou he fixed Cheong A group so that JBC had a fighting chance.  That is why JBC stood stunned at the end of the meeting yet again KPJ was looking out for him and protecting Cheong A group.  The family is toxic and the company should not be influenced by family.

The stabbing was the actual metaphor death of KPJ.  With the stabbing KPJ is finally laid to rest like he died 20 years before.  Now KPJ recovers from his wounds pays respect and thanks KPJ but now its time to go back into the world and take his life back as a Jang.  

Of course NMH told him about the position by sending him the application.  His vision for the company will get him back to being a chairman.  Not because he is a Jang, but that as an attorney for the company it was always his visions that the executives put into place.  So he knows the company as well as he knows himself.

Also JBC had some truths to find out as well, he knew that his mother killed both his real father and also wounded Soo Man as well.  Thats another death his now knows his mother is responsible for.  He didnt have to be told or kicked out of the residence.  Its not his to start with, also its not where he belongs or wants to be.  Hence why he moved first then told KPJ later.  Hence why he also told his mother to accept her punishment and he will support her.  Still bothers me that despite going crazy that if she came out and continued would he still protect her.  He gives in to her and I doubt that will change which means JBC is still not strong and is likely to fall again in the future.

Meeting JBC by the lifts was not actually as strange as it looked in perspective.  Now as he new life he went for an interview like everyone else and saw JBC, but respecting JBC didnt acknowledge him as per his request.  But both of them also slightly smiled where they were acknowledging it was good to see each other again and yes yet again we are going for the same role.

All to well in drama's they alk about forgiveness and they steal funds, lie, cheat, and on it goes, ask forgiveness and move on as one big happy family.  Thats not realistic, this is more practical.  They all have their own punishment to serve, damage is still left to be healed in their own way and all move on to with their lives.  

At the end he was saying he finally back to who he should of been 20 years earlier, free of burdeon, taking in the fresh air ready to start a new.

Thats my take on the whole thing.  Someone could have a different take on it but I think i got most of the subtle references.

I agree with the type of love NMH has for KPJ,  Love is not about possessing someone or having to be with them.  Sometimes they give you a beautiful feeling, make you feel alive and even if they dont or cant be with you in this world, the fact that you know they are someone alive in it is enough for you.  They are both not at a place they can love each other without baggage.  Thats why she said she know they both love each other but that she has placed it deep inside her heart and is giving him his freedom to find his place in the world outside of the revenge he created.  The whole walking down the street bit was him starting anew with new possibilities for himself, the company, his relationship with JBC and also finally with NMH as well.

Couldn't have agreed more! Well said :)

Also i agree with @lu09 this is the first time i saw an OTP acting like real adults. You do not have to be or end up together in such a hurry, no matter what the understanding and the love is there between them so that they can take their own time. Now that KPJ has started his new life as JEC and NMH seeing him at the company it is like acknowledging her request to start fresh.

Edited by mimisl123
  • Like 12

Congrats on the ratings :D:D:D. By the way, what happened to the osts? They didn't play 3 of them. Not that I am complaining considering the fact this drama doesnt go well with actual songs lol. I love the background score in this drama the most :wub:.

• Like 10

I need to watch it now... it was so difficult to avoid the spoiler especially this one ... almost or if not all tweets I read online said positive things about the ending. I must watch it now!!!! 

I need to watch how nicely the revenge was done :) 

• Like 9

23 was brilliant! I love it! So damn shiok to watch! Why? KPJ was such a TROLL hahah! 

1. Grandpa finally acknowledge KPJ

2. Uncle wanted to murder Congressman but was caught by KPJ and got instigated for murder instead hahahaha! Never feel this good about a drama.

3. Really good to see KPJ ever ready to go jail , never afraid, never back down. He knows very well what it means when Congressman tells the truth. And so coolly telling JMR to do what he wants her to do - u should be moving out! Nicely, coolly. 

4. So pleased to see how naive JMR was. She thinks she can bring KPJ down. Woman, u relied on him for almost half of life. He planned this for 20 years. U want to take him down just like that??? Love the exchange of 'blows' btw them. 

5. Love this - 'regardless of the title of a legitimate son or a son born out of wedlock, someone who is competent should be the chairman. I'm showing the world how this ought to be done'

6. JBC begged KPJ not to reveal he is not a Jang publicly. Don't worry. Your mum did it! This woman is just greedy to the core! But LMS was really good! 

7. And how coolly KPJ pretended to be poisoned and walked back to her during their farewell drink. It was nicely executed! 

Outstanding, JH! Your acting was top-notch! I'm a proud fan :) 

Till tonight for the last episode! But that hell of a cliffhanger! 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

What I find stupid on JBC part is that his own mother outed him to the public why try and shoot  KPJ..  JMR did that to get JBC to react she tried to gain public sympathy as well having her son to get his hands dirty saying that KPJ blackmailed her.. Well she lost her credibility when she was convicted of killing Mr. Oh.. Let's not forget revealing who KPJ really is that was to hurt the family and G/pa since her poisoning act didn't work on  him.. She got off light three years for murder unreal.. If we had a season 2 for this drama I would say she's faking being crazy.. 

Yeah, I also find that weird, but in the end Boo Cheon was a pawn like Mo Hyun or Na Gi Chul have been, so his ending sort of makes sense: he never was the one who did the bad deeds since it was always either Pil Joo or his mom's doing. The only thing he did was stab that man in the past (but he wouldn't go to jail since he didn't die) and threatened people here and there without hurting them in the last few episodes. I also don't get why he would want to shot Pil Joo when in the end it seemed the only thing he wanted to do was keep on living with his mother outside Mooshimwon - at least he was able to survive his gradpa. Maybe he believed that by killing Pil Joo his mother would stop being so clingy to Cheong A (because PJ was her obsession as well) but it only made things worse and he knew it. BC has always been an unpredictable character since the beginning and whatever he resolved to do ended up badly, so Pil Joo turned the situation around as usual and gave him a chance (again) to be out of this mess. The only way he could leave it all behind was by parting ways with his past: first with Mo Hyun, then Seo Won (I wonder if he'll ever see his son, but I think he believes he's better off without him in life) and Pil Joo. To start anew he needs to do that because he knows it's the only way to survive. Even saying goodbye to his non-grandpa was important and that scene was so sad because you can see that eventually, despite he tried to get rid of him, grandpa Jang loved his nephew to some degree. This is opposed to Pil Joo's character who until the end faced the people from his past despite they reminded him of it. He still faced Mo Hyun unlike BC despite he was the one who rejected/put on hold her love, basically. He faced Mal Ran when she went to prison and found that she killed Soo Man - this was the most painful truth. He still went to the place that caused hurt to his family with hope in the end... which means this time he'll face his past with a new resolution (both Cheong A and Mo Hyun) and if we had a season 2 we would see that.

@mimisl123 Yup, in the end they're eventually protecting each other even if they are apart. MH told PJ that she will always keep him in her heart, which means that "do what you have to do, I'll always be here when you decide to come back". She knew that he needed to tie loose ends and pay his debt with society for what he's been doing for years (despite he paid it many times). They may still be in touch somehow for her to know where he's living, unless she hired a P.I. to find out... but, nope. I want to believe that after the stabbing accident she is aware that he went back to his old life and that she's thinking about him. She gave him a chance when he seemed like he was done with everything outside Gapyeong. Mo Hyun still wants Pil Joo in her life and he still wants to try managing Cheong A - after all, he spent years creating a 10 year plan because he cared for the company... he just wanted people who were honest and capable to manage it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Took place today. Subs should be out tomorrow and if u understand Korean check out @azureblue7 IG :)

Really. He deserves every award out there! And as his fan, I know he did this to his script for every role he got casted in. 

• Like 8

This drama was not about a person's romance, or even, love.  It was about a person's morals, ethics, decency, integrity, and most of all, respectability.

And, for both MH and PJ,  respectability was more important as a characteristic than anything else.  So, the respect they held for each other came before any romance or love.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Korean netizens comments on the last 2 episodes:

'Money Flower' finale, a fresh start for Jang Hyuk.... Lee Mi-sook crazy + decline

1. It is a new start for Jang Eun-cheon! This is really a fascinating drama which everyone acts well, I hope to see more of such dramas. (+3819 -44)

2. Applause for Jang Hyuk! I feel so blessed thanks to Money Flower! (+3583 -54)

3. Money Flower has raised my standard for dramas. Hard work, crew and cast (+3097 -44)

4. Best of the best! What to watch next? (+2668 -41)

5. Even the background music is no joke. (+2515 -32)

6. It is good that they gave this an open ending. In the end, Kang Pil-joo was forsaken and he became Jang Eun-cheon. Accepting Na Mo-hyun's invitation to attend the CEO interview leaves the viewers room for imagination with regards to the love line. It is a drama better than a movie. (+868 -14)

7. Outrageously crazy illegitimate son! Jang Hyuk as Kang Pil-joo really displayed the best among best acting!!! (+843 -12)

8. There was not much promotion for this drama, its ratings reached more than 20% purely by word-of-mouth, the superb acting, the director's powers and the brilliant music! Really daebak for ratings to cross 20% recently without any promotion at all  (+822 -14)

9. Deep eyes... controlled expressions...  the extreme of sophistication.. Jang Hyuk's acting is really top class (+788 -14)

10. I didn't expect that the scene which Kang Pil-joo was stabbed signifies giving up the name Kang Pil-joo. Is this the scriptwriter's intention to be creepy? (+741 -17)

0003710732_001_20180203233456279.jpg?typ

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003710732

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3