[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

I finally finished this drama and Jang Hyuk really delivered (as always). The pacing, music and artistic direction was fantastic.

Although, maybe some parts got a little makjang for me. I'm glad I watched this drama because I think this is the first time I ever saw Lee Mi-sook's acting. And that lady deserves a oscar for the best villain hahaha. She was kinda on a Lady Mishil from Queen Seondeok level.:blink::unsure:

I usually only see Lee Soon-jae play the good guy & sweet father roles. But Woah he played his part as a negative character really well.

Overall I thought this drama was a good drama. All actors played their roles pretty well. I would recommend every person that likes drama with thriller, political & chaebol plots to at least watch this once. You will be able to see Jang Hyuk shine and watch the baddies crawl under your skin.

• Like 5

On 26/03/2018 at 11:14 AM, purplebass said:

I have finally finished Chapter 3 ^_^ I'm sorry for the looong delay but I have been busy with exams and I had a writer's block for a few days XD but I should be ok now, so I'll try to be faster.

Enjoy ^^ https://www.wattpad.com/552625752-compass-chapter-3

It's fine, take ur time. 

Thanks for the new chapter. 

• Like 2

I binged watch Money Flower and I have to say it is a pretty amazing drama!!

I didn't expect to like the plot but because I like Jang Hyuk and Park Se Young, I went ahead to watch it. 

All the characters did a fabulous job in portraying their characters. Even minor roles were useful though I really wondered about Boo Cheon's sister. 

Anyway, the reason why Money Flower is so good from the beginning to the end is that no one was frustratingly stupid or weak. Each character had their weakness but being stupid/dumb was not one of them. They were strong, unlike some dramas the characters are written in such a way that they are so helpless or that they have no choice but to live in this miserable life. Each character fought whether they were good or bad it was nice seeing this array of characters. 

I was surprised that I actually like this melodrama/political theme drama. 

The plot was easy to understand and every episode kept me on the edge of my seat!!

• Like 4

Cheon Ho-jin vs Cho Seung-woo vs Jang Hyuk - close fight for Baeksang Arts Award Best Actor category

Nominations for each category of the 54th Baeksang Arts Awards  have been announced, and the competition for the Best Actor Award in the TV category is tough.

On 6th April, the nominees for all the awards were announced on the official homepage at 6 pm. In the Best TV actor category, the nominees are Kim Sang-joong (MBC 'Rebel') , Jang Hyuk  (MBC 'Money Flower'), Cho Seung-woo (tvN 'Secret Forest'), Park Seo-joon (KBS2 'Fight for my way) and Cheon Ho Jin (KBS2 'My Golden Life').

In terms of ratings and topic, "My Golden Life" is a strong candidate. Cheon Ho-jin played Seo Tae-soo, who dies of cancer after struggling with the family all his life despite poor performance. He has played hard to show a father's appearance in today's era, and his last episode's viewer rating was 45.1 percent (Nielsen-Korea, national standard). He also won the Grand Daesang Award at the 2017 KBS Drama Awards last year.

Jang Hyuk and Cho Seung-woo are also very outstanding in their performances. Jang Hyuk played Kang Pil-joo, executive director of the legal team at Cheong-ah Group's strategic planning office and lawyer in  "Money Flower" which gained a highest rating of 23.9%. While leading the overall story of the drama, he was said to have shown a life performance through this work.

Cho Seung-woo played the role of prosecutor Hwang Shi-mok, who sees the world without any emotion in " Secret Forest ". He made a comeback to TV dramas four years after SBS's " God's Gift - 14 days " in 2014, and now the actors and writers are known to be colluding with each other for the second season.

Kim Sang-joong plays Hong Gil-Dong's father in the drama "Rebel ". He proved his acting ability once again as he produced the thirty-part drama, and received the Daesang prize from the 2017 MBC acting award.

Park Seo-joon, who was reborn as the " perfect general trend, "  played the role of a character fighter who represents youth in " Fight, My Way. " Although he has a short acting career compared to the other big stars, he is highly praised for having led a successful career in a production.

From Cheon Ho-jin to Park Seo-joon, each of the five actors who played the title role in each drama is raising expectations of who will hold the glory trophy.

Meanwhile, the award ceremony will be held at COEX D Hall, Gangnam-gu, Seoul on May 3 at 9:30 pm.

0003754689_001_20180406191807484.jpg?typ

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003754689

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello friends!

Welcome to the Revenge re-watch party.

How will a re-watch party work?

Very simple -- tag your friends and let them know you are watching and would like them to join you as well.

We are hoping to have at least a small group of 5-10 chingus so that we can watch and enjoy as a group.

After all, a drama is more entertaining when you are watching along with others, no? 

If you are interested, please raise your hand and say you are in -- just so that we know we have company. People are free to join in at any time just like in a regular drama thread. If you realize that the drama is not your cup of tea at some point, do not feel bad if you want to drop it. It happens to all of us from time to time :joy:

Every week - we will watch 2 episodes and post right here on this thread.

You can watch at your convenience but post your responses to the episode no earlier than Tuesday each week. We discuss from Tue till the following Mon.

Now, if you get excited and start watching more episodes, just be aware that others may or may not have watched them and so may not be able to comment.

So if you can, please stick to that week's episodes for posting and commenting.

Also, please do not add spoilers in your posts that might take away from the enjoyment of the chingus watching for the first time....

Schedule:

Oct 6 -Oct 12 -- ep 1, 2

Oct 13 - Oct 19  -- ep 3, 4

Oct 20 - Oct 26 -- ep 5, 6

Oct 27 - Nov 2 -- ep 7, 8

Nov 3 - Nov 9 -- ep 9, 10

Nov 10 - Nov 16 - ep 11, 12

Nov 17 - Nov 23 - ep 13, 14

Nov 24 - Nov 30 - ep 15, 16

Dec 1 - Dec 7 -- ep 17, 18

Dec 8 - Dec 14 -- ep 19, 20

Dec 15 - Dec 21 -- ep 21, 22

Dec 22 - Dec 28 -- ep 23, 24

The re-watch party rules can also be found on the first post of this thread.

Are you excited? Is Jang Hyuk your oppa?

money-flower-jang-hyuk-19.jpg

You can start watching the first episodes immediately, but remember that you are not allowed to start commenting on this thread earlier than on Tuesday Oct 6th!

re: @Lmangla

tagging: @joccu @Sleepy Owl @yoeda @corey @azureblue7 @dramafan33 @Biology Lesson @The Reel Life @Prettysup @Ding77 @budgerie @fiesty8001 @phoenix24 @AgnesO @izziemazzie @qynn @larus

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

On 4/1/2018 at 7:21 AM, purplebass said:

I posted two new chapters these last few days. ^^ And Happy Easter everyone!

https://www.wattpad.com/555350378-compass-chapter-5

There was a Money Flower fan fiction?!?!??)? Omggggg why no one ever told me!???? Yasssss :highonflowers:

@corey Does one register just by answering the poll? I’m confused myself

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@H0ney @azureblue7 @Sleepy Owl @yoeda @joccu @croquembouche2018 @The Reel Life @corey @saroia @dramafan33 @Table122000 @Jiyu @Morelia @Madu Mita

Welcome to the re-watch thread chingus! :kiss_wink:

We are about to kick off the re-watch. It's only three more nights until Tuesday ! On Tuesday you can start commenting on episodes 1 and 2 .

Woohoo!

:hooray2:

Has anyone started watching the first episodes already?

Everyone ready?

REVENGE!

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

11 hours ago, partyon said:

@H0ney @azureblue7 @Sleepy Owl @yoeda @joccu @croquembouche2018 @The Reel Life @corey @saroia @dramafan33 @Table122000 @Jiyu @Morelia @Madu Mita

Welcome to the re-watch thread chingus! :kiss_wink:

We are about to kick off the re-watch. It's only three more nights until Tuesday ! On Tuesday you can start commenting on episodes 1 and 2 .

Woohoo!

Has anyone started watching the first episodes already?

Everyone ready?

REVENGE!

Honestly watching for Jang Hyuk

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@H0ney @azureblue7 @Sleepy Owl @yoeda @joccu @croquembouche2018 @The Reel Life @corey @saroia @dramafan33 @Table122000 @Jiyu @Morelia @Madu Mita @Estelle @Layali

Only one more day to go until you can start commenting on the first episodes.

Yay!

Happy Joy GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Hope everyone is ready!

If you guys want to vote in any polls during the re-watch, please do not hesitate to tag or PM your Event Organizers @partyon and @Lmangla - we are always happy to create polls for you. :kiss_wink:

Unfortunately neither of us are able to watch this drama, so we are counting on you guys contacting us with awesome questions! :dorashakes:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2