[Drama 2017] Confession Couple / Go Back Spouses, 고백부부

0ly40

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32October 10, 2017

Dancing the Macarena with Go Back Spouses

spouseb7.jpg

I’m totally feeling the throwback vibe with the Macarena music video that Go Back Spouseshas just released. We see Jang Nara (One More Happy Ending), the “baby-care loser and full-time housewife” enjoying herself in ’90s plaid, dancing with her friends, in between intervening scenes of the drama.

She and Sohn Ho-joon (Blow Breeze) play an acrimoniously bickering married couple who have grown weary with their lives and with each other in the present. They go back in time eighteen years, retaining their memories, but having regained their lost youth.

The two fathers-in-law sing the Macarena chorus: Kim Byung-ok (Man Who Dies to Live) plays Sohn Ho-joon’s father, while Lee Byung-joon (Father is Strange) plays Jang Nara’s father. But in between their cheerful singing, we see scenes of Jang Nara yelling at Sohn Ho-joon for not bringing in enough money or leaving her to be lonely. And he asks why she doesn’t understand him, as he sacrifices his pride on multiple occasions to provide for their family.

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/10/dancing-the-macarena-with-go-back-spouses/

Go Back Spouses feel the difference eighteen years makesgobackspouses-teaser10601.jpg

We are officially one week away from the premiere of the newest time-travel drama on the block, Go Back Spouses, yay! The show has released a “title teaser,” introducing our two leads Jang Nara (One More Happy Ending) and Sohn Ho-joon (Blow Breeze) as they simultaneously go about their lives in 2017 and in 1999. It’s a pretty sobering contrast, but here’s to hoping these two can somehow take advantage of their second chance and change their present/future for the better.

The difference in routines between the two timelines starts from the moment they wake up. Jang Nara as a college student in 1999 might get to rely on her mom (played by Kim Mi-kyung, Saimdang, Light’s Diary) to get her out of bed, but as a mother to a toddler in 2017, his crying serves as the ultimate alarm clock. She isn’t able to properly eat breakfast, either, spoon-feeding her wailing son with resignation. I think it’s a nice touch to have her college persona push the glass of breakfast juice over to her future, harassed self.

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/10/go-back-spouses-feel-the-difference-eighteen-years-makes/

7 hours ago, yusefull said:

I can't watch this drama because they have children. Since they time travel, they basically kill them.

Not necessarily. Going back in time may make them realize why they fell in love and why they may still love each other. I'm just hoping that their is no extramarital affairs.

Also, i'm hoping that I can sympathize with a stay at home mother. No disrespect to stay at home mothers because my mother was one and I loved it; but I also see the amount of work it took to take care of 6 children while my dad was the sole breadwinner. However, I think of the working mothers that also have to be the sole breadwinner with 2 or 3 children.....not feeling much sympathy for the wife in this drama. Her husband has to hustle because he's a salesman. Her dropping his notebook in water with his business notes was just stupid to me. As he told her, it's because of his business that she has clothes to wear, diapers for the baby, etc. 

Basically, neither of them understand the load the other one is carrying. It also shows how they did not communicate. One scene I loved is when they went back in time and she was back at home with her mother who is dead in the future. I would have been the same way if I had an opportunity to see my mother again.

i liked the first episode.

i have a feeling jinjoo let go of her dreams to get married. thats why she stood longingly infront of the university with the baby stroller. that could also explain her devastation with the mundaneness of her life and frustration with bando.

for the book dropping scene, i think she was just threathening bando but she was shocked he suggested divorce and released the book.

both jinjoo and bando lack communication. bando doesnt want his wife seeing him with cuts and bruises on his face. he doesnt seem to share his work problems with his wife, so she doesnt know what he does at work and all his struggles. i find it understandable how this lack of communication lead them to divorce. 

i couldnt imagine someone around me going to such extremes to please a client. bando's scene with his clients were hard to watch, he was unwilling but plastered a smile and agrees to do whatever he's told to. even having a credit card under bando's name for his personal self satisfaction use. urgh.

p/s : the overall colour scheme is not really to my liking but i'll continue watching if the story remains interesting.

5 hours ago, lclarakl said:
12 hours ago, yusefull said:

I can't watch this drama because they have children. Since they time travel, they basically kill them.

Not necessarily. Going back in time may make them realize why they fell in love and why they may still love each other. I'm just hoping that their is no extramarital affairs

The divorce order has already been granted before they jumped back in time so they are free to love and remarry  again. Not sure how long is the waiting time in Korea for one to remarry after divorce though.

What's  been nagging at the back of my mind while watching the time travel journey unfold is the thought of their child, Sec Jin. I mean, they are still 2017's  Jinjoo and Ban Do but only in their 20-year-old bodies. How could they not wonder where and what Sec Jin  is doing in the parallel universe? Or who is currently taking care of him if their adult selves  are back in time?  The last we saw of Seo Jin was with Jinjoo and Bo Reum --  with Jinjoo entrusting Sec Jin  to Beo rum's care before the earthquake on the bus scene.  So could we presume then that 2017 Bo Reum is presently taking care of Sec Jin? Or should we just accept that both timelines are mutually exclusive and that there is no parallel universe?

I think that's what's holding me back from fully enjoying their time travel back to the 90s. They're now given the chance to change the course of their fate to not end up with each other --  but that would inevitably mean a life without Seo Jin. That's the choice they have to live with if they so decide. However, if they choose to get back together again, it shouldn't only be for Sec Jin's sake, it should be because they still love each other and are still willing to brave the storms together, but now with a better understanding of themselves and of each other.

@eckogeist, I think there is a 30 day waiting period before the divorce is final--or it used to be at least. I think the two of them are still thinking they are in some kind of dream, despite trying to convince themselves they are in reality. Whatever they do in the past, can alter future events---similar to the movie 'Back to the Future'.  Almost like future has stopped and whatever they are doing in the past can rewrite the future.....little Seo Jin could be erased.  I have a feeling that as these two try to pursue new relationships, they will realize they are more in love than they thought.

I really enjoyed the first episode.

The divorce scene is actually very sad because it seems both still loves each other. He actually got her flowers for their anniversary but never gets to give it to her.

I hope the show will give us unexpected twist. I don't mind being surprised. It looks like a very cliche storyline but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And as always, Jang Nara is a pleasure to watch.

I love it .....This week so many new dramas and mydramalist is too long and I don't have any plan to watch it before but yesterday I downloaded the episodes and try to watch it and it's amazing and so much funny and emotional scenes(Especially when she think about her baby)and (starring at her mother ).

ep 2 every minute laughter dose.Really impressed by the drama. I HOPE fun maintain until the end.

And that long hair guy:joy:And I can see so many competitors for ban-do....Năm gil and Dr. And on other side Jin joo also having  a competitor Seo yeon. 

after watching preview of ep 3 I'm so excited to watch next week. Can't wait..

Archived