[Drama 2017] Confession Couple / Go Back Spouses, 고백부부

0ly40

Finally able to watch both episodes after long hour of works..

in my opinion, the key point is their son , and they clearly still love each other, but the difficulties that they going through masked the feeling.

I love the scene where jin joo meet her mother and thought its a dream, and follow/staring at her mother.. Thats show the reality of life, when we has our mother, we treat her not as much as they deserve, but once we lost them, and become a mother ourself, we know the hardship our mother going through, we will miss them and appreciate them more.. That's what jin joo is feeling. Her younger self is a bit rebellious, that's why she may had some regret regarding the way she treat her mother in past and want to change that also..

yes true, they lack of communication in their marriage.. Communication also the key of all relationship.

There so much thing i want to say regarding this drama in so many positive way... just dont know how to express it.. I really love this drama and the message it want to deliver...

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming back after a year to Kdrama land... Just for Nara :wub:

(focus on my final years and coming back to work is totally ......... havoc)

After watching 1st and 2nd Episode.... i need to keep my bias again Son Ho-jun out of windows... He is a good actor and no just Yuno bestfriend...  hohohoho...( I need a few episode but i will try to loose up) ..... and Nara, the character become big.... and full of emotional... I cry a lot in episode 1 and wish the 2nd episode will be light... but i cry again.... this drama is too closed to what i wish... to go back and spent time with someone that left you forever.... and to make a right decision on your life for the better future.... Why i choose this Major???? why??? :grimace:

On 10/14/2017 at 5:24 PM, lclarakl said:

Whatever they do in the past, can alter future events---similar to the movie 'Back to the Future'.

@lclaraklAnd lo and behold, they did  actually mention "Back to the Future"! lol

I'm glad to see snippets of Seo Jin in Episode 2 which means he's not far from his parent's thoughts. It finally hits Jinjoo that as much as she wants to veer off from her destined fate,  staying away from Ban Do for good  could also mean losing Seo Jin forever.

It was interesting to see that despite their silent animosity, it seems as though they still care about each other, no matter how much they try to deny it. I did not expect Ban Do to make the same choice as he did in the past. He could have easily allowed DokJae to date Jinjoo and let them be, but he didn't. Although he believes he's doing DokJae a favor by keeping him away from Jinjoo,  It seems like he doesn't actually want anybody else to date her.  Am now curious of how he would react when he sees Jinjoo with Nam Gil. Jinjoo on the other hand had this tinge of sadness when she saw BanDo reuniting with his first love. 

Looking forward to see how they would try to pursue  the ones that got away and yet defy their true feelings for each other.  That scene at the end where they showed what really happened during the group date was so sweet -- Ban Do  and Jinjoo were so clearly smitten with each other! I hope they show more of what really transpired in the following episodes.

There have been a lot of time-travel dramas recently, which is kinda annoying since I don't really like this genre, but it's Jang Na Ra so I gave it a shot. And I loved it.

It still has the whole 'not being subtle at all that you're from the future', which annoys the richard simmons out of me, but it's a very fun drama so I can look past that. Though, honestly, my fave parts have all been the ones set in the present, seeing how difficult it is for them broke my heart and I couldn't help sympathizing with them. It's sad that they both suffered and couldn't hold their marriage together, seeing them both break at the end and ask for a divorce was heartbreaking. I really hope that they can let go of their hurt and anger and work it out. 

On a side note, their son is the cutest thing and the scene where Jin Joo was crying after hearing his name tore me apart. Ban Do doesn't seem to have thought about his son yet, but considering how he was bragging to his friends when they were drinking and when he asked Jin Joo to let him see his son a lot, I think that when he finally realizes he may never see his son again it will really affect him.

I think the son will be one of the major reasons for them getting back together, in the sense that they are the only ones that know that he exists and they can only share this loss with each other, nobody else would understand.

Just finished both episodes and yes I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!!!  It's funny, it's fun, it's quirky, it's touching and oh so cute!!!  Excellent acting by our dearest JNR! The gamut of expressions across her face during the scene when she saw her ex meeting his first love wowed me.  Her adoration for her mum pulled at my heart. Hope this drama will be loved by many. 

Love this drama v much! Hope the writers will give us a good storyline -- I actually like the 2nd lead! The cool and icy types have always been my weakness! While he may not have really fallen for her and used her to bait his father, I am sure he will be attracted to her in no time.  

The promos are great-- the Macarena spoof was just too good! Have u guys seen the original MTV? Then u would agree how fantastic the two dads are in the spoof. Hope JNR will enjoy the love of many including new fans! I thought this role is really good for her, showcasing her  acting whether as a hapless and tired ajumma or a liberated 38year old in a 20 year old body.  

Hi everybody, 

So many new dramas started last week and Go back spouses wasn’t on my watch list initially but I’m glad I checked it out. I just finished first two episodes and now I’m counting hours till next episode :D

I didn’t expect much and then was pleasantly surprised. The most heartbreaking moment was when when JJ imagined her son in the past. I can’t imagine what parents would willingly erase their child’s existence so their son will play a major role. Though I hope they won’t end up together just because of him.

There’s one thing that doesn’t make sense to me. If they married when they were 24 how does it come they only have one baby boy while they’re 38? I would understand her frustration if she got pregnant right after the wedding and thus couldn’t realise her dreams but she didn’t have a baby until late 30s so why does she act like she never worked? What did she do before having a baby?

On 10/17/2017 at 7:03 PM, aisling said:

There’s one thing that doesn’t make sense to me. If they married when they were 24 how does it come they only have one baby boy while they’re 38? I would understand her frustration if she got pregnant right after the wedding and thus couldn’t realise her dreams but she didn’t have a baby until late 30s so why does she act like she never worked? What did she do before having a baby?

I think it was mentioned in her conversation with her friend that she's had troubles conceiving. Perhaps there's a deeper backstory to all of this, and that should also explain why she seems slightly more emotionally connected to her kid than her husband.

Jang Nara made me cry so hard. What a great actress. Her face conveys every emotion so well. Kudos to playing the character so convincingly. So far I'm liking it but it never ceases to amaze me why he never explained what was going on at work and how hard things were for him. Her wrist was aching from carrying her very demanding son. I always think some parents spoil their children by carrying them too much and then they get no respite from looking after them because they created the situation they find themselves in.

She  really was so heartbroken but seriously people just walked by her on the street where she collapsed with grief. To be honest the way he rejected her at the dating meet was nasty and he never regretted it. It so sad that he had forgotten how she looked and how he actually felt about her originally. They only remember the bad things and this is why people fall out of love when things get tough.

What  lah he never even remembered his son yet.

I want to see her dating that cold guy but I think her future husband sees her in the preview with someone that looks like that jerk that torments him at work as an adult. So that part changes too. I guess this show is taking the cues from back to the future.

We live recapped Go Back Spouses over on Bah+Doo! Y'all this show is so cute and it's giving me Fight for My Way vibes with the throwback feel and the epilogues. Especially the epilogues!

Here is the link and I'll post the actual recap in the spoiler.

http://www.bah-doo.com/go-back-couple-live-recap-episode-3/

We are going to try and do it again tomorrow for episode 4. It airs at 23:00 Seoul time which is 9am central time in the US and 10am NY time. If you're awake then come hang out with us!

Spoiler

OPENING
Okay, it was airing and then it went back to commercials. Weird. Alright it’s back on! They show several scenes from what happened in episodes 1 and 2 from the present. Things like how their life was and how they went back in time. Then they update us on how they were in the past, also by showing scenes from the first 2 episodes.

We start on a night club scene with people dancing in 2004. Some girls are dancing and having a great time. One of them gets a phone call

F - whats going on, I can’t here you
JJ - Eunnie, ah, I will call you back

JJ is already marrie and sitting at home looking depressed. She is still working at this time but both of their salaries aren’t enough to pay off all the bills. She talks about how when they were younger they could look forward to the future, in your 20s you have a right to enjoy your shining life, but for them they didn’t enjoy their 20s at all (for the main couple), but it looks like their friends did.

PAST 1999
Radio - enjoy your young life because it dissappears so quickly
Two of the friends are drinking makogli together, but they are not pouring drinks for each other. The friend is a femenist and wants to pour her own drink. A very famous song is playing from back then. She doesn’t like this song (It is Drunken Confession). She has a tirate about not liking the song so she starts drinking. But he passes out before her, lol! He is a very light weight when it comes to drinking.

She carries him to the boys dorm and drops him off there. He falls asleep on the floor of the entrance and stays there all night until morning.

JJ
She has woken up and screamed, she thought she would go back to her own life but she is still in her 20s. Her family thinks something is wrong with her.
------------------------------------------------

BD
He is also super happy that he woke up and is still 20

JJ
She continues to ignore her Dad and treat him meanly. He’s wondering why she is treating him that way.

BD
He is wondering if he will stay in his 20s forever? He will have to go to the army again, but he thinks that is better than his old life. He starts looking around around and finds an old famous Chinese movie (Bee Jung Jung)  with a famous dancing scene in it. He says he is really going to enjoy his new life.

Internet stopped ARGHHHHHHH

Okay, it started again! Okay, they aer at the dinner table and BD is talking about making money in the future and his family thinks he is crazy. his Dad goes abolutely insane and tells his son to just study STUDY STUDY!! BD says to trust him, but his Dad just yells athim to study with a bat or hammer or something and chases him around the room.

Then it cuts to an empty room, BD sold all his belongings and has a lot of cash now. He feels so great in his young body with some cash and takes off running. His friends think he is trying to catch the bus so they tell the bus drivier to stop, but BD runs past the bus, lol. He just wants to run.

JJ is on a taxi and thinks that she has to see BD first. She tries to pay the taxi with a card but the driver is a real driver this time and says it won’t work. She looks for her purse and remembers that she dropped it in the last taxi. She she reaches in her pocket and gets her appa’s cash and gives it to the taxi driver.

Cute seonbae rotc guy
he is in his ROTC uniform and gets out of his car. JJ is looking for BD but can’t find him. Then she hides when she sees the rotc guy and remembers embarrassing him. She thinks he will think she is crazy. 

Her friends see her hiding and say that she is human so she is hiding from him because she made him embarrassed. JJ’s friends show up as well and try to have some small talk with them. JJ tries to kick them to go away and the ROTC guy sees this, lol. It looks really funny. Now it looks like the ROTC guy thinks JJ likes one of BDs tfriends.

Everyone leaves (after a little small talk) and we cut to ballerinas in the studio. It looks like BDs crush is super famous with the boys, they all like her but she doesn’t give them any time. BD is peaking in on them as well. We see a flashback to were BD couldn’t confess to her that he liked her. He was strange, but all of a sudden he is mature. The ballerina is thinking these things. His friends told him in the future that if he goes back he still wont be able to date her. he uses this as strength to approach her and he introdus=ces himself and gives her some tea. He tells her she is good and she says thank you. he also gives her friends some drinks too and says “See you later.” Then he tells her that he wants her phone number later and when he has it he wants to great her as a person he knows.

His friends can’t believe that he got the ballerinas phone number. BD tells them that he is not the same guy. He is experienced as an older man but has a young body like Iron man. They ask if he confessed to her and BD says you have to take all these steps but the friends don’t get it and just start laughing right away. They say that tons of guys like her so he should just give up. BD says why should he confess, young guys like to confess, but you have to date first and then confess. He things he can’t talk to these young boys.

They start to drink some traditional medicine, but it is to bitter. BD grabs it and starts drinking it like nothing, lol.

JJ
JJ goes into the classroom and yells at BD “YAAAA” she behaves just like an ajumma. Everyone turns to look at her and she quietly walks to BD and tells him that she needs to talk to him, but then class starts and she has to sit down so she tells him that she will talk to him later.

BDs friends think JJ is scary and has a problem controlling her anger. The teacher tells them to do some type of assignment. Think about someone you want to write about or are interested in. JJ wasn’t supposed to write the name, but she writes the name. People write all these bad things about someone and give it to them. JJ always says “Jong pang-i” to him which means stingy or narrow minded. So now BD knows that she is from the future as well. He tells her that they need to talk and pulls her out of the classroom. The friends think it is weird like some crazy love.

They go outside and start talking a lot of smack to each other. Now they both know that they are from the future. 

JJ - so what happened, why are we here
BD - 
JJ - I thought when we woke up we would go back, we might be here forever
BD - think about it, you became super young, 20 years old, when we go back we are old and divorced, I like this life
JJ - 
BD - I will enjoy this life, we can enjoy our life seperately, bye
JJ - Okay, bye
BD - fighting!

But then when BD walks away he wonders why they both went back together. he remembers JJ saying that she was so pitiful and suffering so much in the future.

Professor - If I were your age I would do everything, I would enjoy your life, youth won’t wait for you so write down your bucket list that you want to do in your early 20s.

JJ starts to write her bucket list.

DORM
JJ tells her friends that they should play and do something outside but her friends are tired and took too many classes. JJ calls them youngsters and that their youth won’t last forever. They joke with her that she is a grandma and they tells her that young people drink and dance and go to nigh clubs. They are shocked that JJ wants to go. They tell her that she really didn’t want to go there before, but she wants to go there now? Okay, lets go!

They step out to go to the night club and they each have their own small scene with what they are wearing. It’s a really cute scene. But they get to a down hill and can’t walk down it because they are wearing high heels. JJ starts to go too fast and can’t stop. The ROTC guy is there and watches the entire scene. he doesn’t know what to do, it he stays there then she will crash into him. She tells him to move. Move! But intesd of moving he grabs her and stops her progress! They have a very nice hug and it looks so special.

He tells her that she landed, so she can leave. She tells him that he doesn’t smell today. Then she yells sorry at him and he wonders who she is. He looks so embarrassed, lol.

JJ AND HIS FRIENDS
They saw the whole scene happen and think that they should stand down there so a girl will fall into their arms too. JJ doesn’t look happy.

NIGHTCLUB
The friends said they never thought they would go to a nightclub with JJ. Flash forward and they are wondering why they walked around with that type of makeup (Bad past). Then back to the past and her friend is putting on all this bad makeup, lol.

The waiter realizes that it is JJ’s first timea nd wants to introduce her to some men. the waiter drags all three of them away.

BAD GUY DOCTOR
He is at the nightclub and is telling his future wife that he is studying and to sleep well. But then he ells his friend that that Btch doesnt go to sleep. He is a pretty bad person. The friend tells him to pick someone and the Bad Doctor picks Jang Nara.

BD AND FRIENDS
They are at the club too and are in a private room. BD tells them that he will buy everything so just order whatever they want! if you like someone give them whiskey, if you don’t like them then give them beer. They have some girls in and the long hair friend tries to give her beer, but she says she wants whiskey. It looks like the girls they have work at the club and are not in college. The friends can’t talk to women, but BD is really good at that. He has a lot of jokes because he had to memorize them all for his job in the future.

JJ AND FRIENDS
They are also in a private room and the bad guy is there. he asks how old she is and she says she is 38, lol. then she says she is 20. he tells her that he is 26, he is Oppa. the friend says he should use Jongdemal and he says okay he will. But JJ says it is okay, he can use banmal. The friend of the bad guy says they should drink a lot. Cut to the friend passed out onthe table. They decide to leave and go dancing tot he techno music outside. But before they leave the bad doctor gives JJ his phone number.

TECHNO DANCING
Everyone is dancing and having a good time. The music is pretty good too. I need to check out some of these 90s songs.

BD and JJ bump into each other while dancing! Lol. he says she is going to nightclubs now and she says yes and they talk about how they can have their own new lives now! and goes back and dances the horse dance, from Gangnam style, lol.

ROTC GUY
he is at the spot where he caught JJ and remembers the scene. It looks like he is starting to fall for her. Another guy comes up and asks if he is waiting for someone and he says no and leaves.

BACK AT THE CLUB
JJ, BD and Friends are in a private room. Oh, it looks like JJ is drinking by herself outside in the club. She says that BD ruined her mood and pulls out the guys name and number. She tells the waiter that she wants to have a blind date

FRIENDS
They are drinking a lot and the guy loses. She says if he wants a challenge she will be there. BD says she looks cute and the friend says, “Are you challenging me?” The friend is basically running the room. The friend then tells the baseball guy that he said he would see her later and he should keep the promise. Then a waitier rushes in and tells them that their friend is all drunk!

JJ Is super drunk and on the mic. BD says she has dementia or something. JJ tells BD that he is jong pang-i (all the bad things, stingy and all that) and tells him that she got someone elses phone number. The crowd cheers. She then tells teh bad doctor that he is the one that liked her. DB does not like that the doctor likes her. Then she addresses BD and says that because of him her life is destroyed and what is he going to do with Seo Jin-i, their son. So now everyone is shocked and thinks these 20 year olds had a baby together? Then the long haired friend throws up everywhere, IT IS SO GROSS. JJ keeps talking about Jong pang-i, but someone tekes the mic and eveyrone looks at the long haired friend who is throwing up everywhere. The baseball friend ignores him, lol.

OUTSIDE THE CLUB
The bouncers take the long haired guy out and tell him not to ever come again. The baseball friend gathers him up and BD sees JJ walking away. What JJ said is in his head. What is he going to do with Seo Jin-i? He is thinking about this deeply and it fades out.

THE NEXT MORNING
Broadcast - This summer, what kind of summer will come to us? Lets listen to some songs.

BD - ya JJ
JJ - what are you doing?
BD - come here
JJ - what
BD - do you know what kind of guy he is?
JJ - what
BD - give me the phone number, do you really thin you ar 20?
JJ - if I get a phone number from a guy or not
BD - don’t contact him, he is a really bad guy
JJ - what do you care?

ON AIR

BD - So are you telling everyone that we are divorced and have a baby?
JJ - that is the truth
BD - fact, you are me, we go to hell if everyone knows about it

(Everyone is hearing this)

JJ - it is not the same, does your first love know that you are divored with a kid
BD - knoone knows that I am married, you also have a baby and are married
jj - I am going to get all the divorce money from you,
BD - I am a student, I don’t have money I won’t give you money!
JJ - Jong pang-i!
BD - you like small money

EPILOGUE
2004, JJ is sitting on a couch with BD and they are talking about how they don’t have money, how will they survive. You can live with my love! Kiss kiss kiss. They are still happy and in love.

BD - I made a contract, I am the first one making this much as a rookie
JJ - ah, good job, good job, by the way, what do you think if we didn’t get married?
BD - what? we just play and waste money, but I want to waste money like others
JJ - do you have anything to do, lets say at the same time
JJ and BD - nightclub!

And they went to a night club together in the past (when they were in 1999)

JJ - my young life was like pring with no flowers, but it came back with a better and stronger impact.

JJ’s parents - Jinjoo threw it away, why did you pick it up again? It is not dead yet, I can give it more water.

PREVIEW
They are talking about the radio broadcast. JJ talks to the ballerina and she thinks he is different than before, she says she wants to know him better.

Archived