[Drama 2017] Buam-dong Revenge Social Club, 부암동 복수자 소셜클럽

larus

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still need to watch ep. 4 without subs. Really can't wait to watch it. I love this drama even without subs! :wub: Last night's episode was SO good. Seems like they are continuing strong and I hope they continue like this till the very last second of this drama. (I know I'll be crying if they continue like this...)

I love our main ladies more and more, while at the same time I am here getting excited to see JH and SG 'family' relationship develop. LOL JH is one really good character, while DH is, for me, the best and most of the time, scene stealer. She is the kind of character that I would love to know in r/l. ^_^ MS is still a little mystery, we know her problem... but I want her to open more while she's with ladies. I feel like she is more in the back...

Spoiler

About her son... I know when she was with the 'other' ladies in restaurant in episode 1, ladies talked about her son and daughter. But, now after episode 3 and episode 4 teaser... is her son dead? How she looks at his picture and his room is all clean and even his school uniform is there... she looked sad while looking at it. Also her daughter said she wanted to be like her brother, it would be better like that. If he is, why are they hiding it? does it have to do something with her husband and his image? :mellow:

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@QSD, I didn't have time to translate everything you assigned to me, but here is a partial in the spoiler. It goes from the beginning of episode 3 until 10:17. Hope this is what you wanted. I'll post the rest when I can. Also, at 2:51, SG receives a present from his father which looks like a tablet to me, but I'm not sure what SG calls it. Since @saturn is native Korean living and there now, you may want to ask her/him what the item is.

Reveal hidden contents

SG: With me, don’t you want to make a deal?
JH: A deal?
SG: Yes. I want to make a deal with Madam.
JH: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
SG: Do you know why I’ve come in to this house? Revenge. I want to get revenge.
JH: Why are you saying such things to me?
SG: I thought Madam, like me, probably would want to get revenge.
JH: So?
SG: If Madam will become on my side, I’ll leave this house after a year.
JH: As a condition for leaving this house, you want me to be on your side?
JH: So, just until next year, be patient with you. Would it be right if I understand it that way?
SG: Yes.
JH: Can you leave right now? What you say isn’t enough to make a deal. If you’re thinking of leaving, then before it gets any later, now is the best time. Even better would have been for you to not come in here at all.
SG: If I weren’t born, it would have been even better.
JH: I don’t know about other things, but what I’m sure about… is that you and I do not have the kind of relationship where we can talk about this.
(both stand up)
SG: I’m not saying that I’ll simply leave this house or anything like that. I’m going to cut all ties with my birth parents. They have me as they please and don’t ever even look in on me, and now deciding to turn my life upside down, makes me feel really terrible.
SG: (1:49) Until I graduate, I’m going to pretend to be a good son, when I come of legal age, I’m going to slap the back of their heads and run away.
SG: The bad feelings I have about my birth parents, Madam must have them also.
SG: If I leave…
SG: Then Madam will also be happy.
JH: It’s not that simple an issue. It’s a matter for adults.
SG: Are you telling me to stay still until I become an adult?
SG: I don’t think I can do that.
(JH’s husband comes in and claps)
SG: Father!
Husband: Son!
Husband: Yah, the two of you have done your homework well. You look very close.
Husband: Here. (handing SG a gift bag)
SG: What is this?
Husband: Start by listening to this.
Husband: And if you need a tutor, I’ll find one.
SG: Isn’t this a (not sure what he calls it at 2:51), isn’t it? This?
Husband: You know how I feel, right?
SG: Of course I I know.
Husband: And, I’ve prepared this for you.
JH: Necklace?
Husband: Your throat is a work of art after all.
JH: But, they’re earrings.
Husband: Oh, right. Earrings.
JH: It’s right that it’s a necklace.

SG: Using a person, father.
Father: This kid.

JH: I don’t think he’s an ordinary kid.
DH: Seems so. He seemed so bashful. So, he wants to take revenge together?
MS: I’m opposed to that.
MS: That child. He’s already been hurt by his birth parents. If he wasn’t completely turned upside down any further by adult things, it would be better.
MS: Whether that child’s words might be truth or lies.
JH: It could be something that helps him though.
DH: Mi Sook’s words have some value. Taking a chid and inserting him into these kinds of matters, is a little bit like that.
DH: Hiding out true intentions and pretending to help him is also just using the child.
MS: For me, that child is unfortunate and pitiable. Of course, your position must be difficult as well.
DH: What is his personality like?
JH: Let’s see…
JH: How should I put it?

SG: Don’t push me from the back.
SG: If I also roll and fall down the staircase, then what will you do?
SY: Who pushed whom anyway? He just fell down by himself.
SG: You saw that, but you just left, didn’t you?
SG: Yah, if no one had discovered it and something bad had happened to him, then someone would have been charged for committing death. Do you know that?
SY: Become a case? Whatever.
SY: He by himself got caught in the trashcan and fell, so why the law be interested? Also, rather than being charged for causing death, it would probably be a charge for committing murder.
SG: I know that, too!

Bully: Aigoo. Since the smell of trash is mixing with the fishy smells of fish… (makes vomit sounds)
Bully friend: Yah. Yah. Vomit. Vomit.
Bully: It’s really coming out. Oh. Yah.
Bully: Hey, fish cafe!
Bully: Yah, in order to pay the settlement money, your mother must have had to work hard.
Bully: If the settlement money is $5,000, then how many fish do you have to sell?
Bully friend: Wow, did you receive $5,000? Then you have to buy a round, jerk!
Bully: What are you saying?
Bully friend: Look at him ignoring us. Look at him.
Bully friend: Hey, why don’t you hit me once as well?
Bully: Yah, yah, yah. He…
Bully: doesn’t have a dad, mom sells fish at the market, so he wasn’t able to receive proper family training…
HS: Yah, Hwang Jung Wook!
Bully: Yah, yah. You’re going to hit me? You’re going to hit me? Hit me? Aigoo.
SG: I’ll throw it away for you.
Bully: Aigoo. Why don’ t you try hitting my ear this time?
(bucket of dirty water)
Friend: Yah! Aish!
Bully: Yah! Aish!
Bully: You bastard!
Friend: It’s the third floor.
Bully: You bastard. Just wait right there.
SG: Thank you.
SY: Crazy.
SG: Where do I have to put these away?

JH: I can’t tell what kind of kid he is.

Bully: Where is he?
Bully: Yah. Haven’t you seen a jerk with a pail?
(SY indicates a direction with a nod of her chin)
Bully: Whoever the bastard is, I’ll chase him to hell.

SG: For this much, you should be thankful.
SG: Rather than being the culprit, you were the accomplice.
SY: It was just because it would have been bothersome to have gotten involved, so would you get lost, too?

DH: Anyway, I think not getting entangled with him would be a good thing. I just wonder whether we would just be betrayed at some point as well.
MS: Anyway, he’s a child. One who needs his parents.
JH: I think I know now.
DH: To be honest, the kid is a kid, however, Jung Hye, I’m more worried about you.
DH: The money you gave to Hee Soo, if you don’t take it back, then we can’t take even a step forward together.
DH: If a person is caught up by money, then becoming a monster takes only a second.
MS: Yes, hurry and take it.
MS: Take it. Here.
JH: In the future, I can’t even give Hee Soo any spending money?
DH: Just enough to buy ramen.
JH: $500?
MS: We three. Going forward, we’ll be okay, won’t we?

10:17

@stroppyse your translation for 1st part lacks of few lines: from 10:19 to 10: 30 (random conversation b/w SG and his female classmates). Please add these lines here. Thank you! 

This is a rough translation help me out for the gaps and I'll come back to it after work. I have a dinner today so I did what I could during my break. 

Spoiler

worker1: but today why … (need to listen carefully again)

2: Who will do it?

worker 1: 

worker:

Hong:  Teacher Kim Hee Kyoung

HK: Yes 

Hong: Today your outfit is a bit…

HK: I’ll be running together with the kids so I thought this will more comfortable

Hong: Still today with have important guests.. Hum, that’s good, I have something I’ll like you to do

HK: Okay

Hong: Once you are done with the task I give you let’s go eat. The doengjang soup like time was quite delicious wasn’t it?

….

HK: Arr.… Mom!

DH: What are you doing out here?

HK: What about it? I’m doing the tasks my superiors told me to do  (can’t catch exactly what she said here)

DH: Quit right now. I’ll beat him up! 

HK: It’s okay Mom

DH: That bastard put you up to it right? urgh that cheap guy today it’s the day you will die

HK:  Oh mom mom mom! I want to stay here

HK: Whatever you say I know it’s hard for you… I want to be of help to you too

DH: I raised you wrong

DH: Children are not supposed to worry about their parents, They just have to listen well

DH: You grew up well

Worker 1: Done

Worker 2: We are done right?

Worker 3: We’re done

…. 58:15

DH: hurry hurry

Hong: Aigoo Miss Jung Hye, now I have to call you Soo Gyeom’s mom right? Thank you for coming

JH: Every time I see you, you are still the same

Hong: what no, You must have been really surprised to see me come up (hard to hear can someone lend me a hand)

Hong: ???

Hong: Aigoo, Mrs. Baek how are you?…. You came early

Hong: Please take good care of me today

MS: Ah yes

Hong: Oh you have some dust of your hand, it’s not coming off… I told you to prepare well

Hong: We still have a bit of time so you can wait with me where it’s more comfortable

Bully Mom: Hello, hello oh Min Wo Mom finally you are here come out more often

Hello

Other moms: Oh hello

Bully Mom: Hello Let’s see each other often,

Other moms: Yes 

Bully Mom:  hello hello

DH: The seat is taken (can be also translated as there is a seat)

bully Mom; I know the seat is there that’s why I sat in it]

DH: There is someone sitting there (The seat has an owner)

BM: Owner my foot… If I sat down then it’s mine

DH: They will come later and you will have to move back 

BM: Don’t you know who I am? This was originally my seat, student parents representative the person closest to the principal don’t you know?

Hong: jong’s Mom

BM: Oh yes Mr. principal

Hong: I’m sorry but could you move another seat

BM: I.. I..

JH: We are not that close to be sitting next to each other

BM: …

other mom: Oh really?

BM: Yes

BM: That’s why I want to say that the principal efforts are well perceived

Hong: thank you for the good words, I am sitting in this seat to say

Hong: Even if you have something to say

DH: Recently there was a case of school violence, our school safety..

BM: HeeSoo’s Mother, what are you saying to the principal

DH: I heard something that’s why I have to ask, principal…

Hong: (couldn’t get this one too much unknown terms here sorry)

MS: I have something to say to you…

Hong: what do you have to say to me

… wait a second

Others; oooh are you okay just remove your pants

Hong; What nonsense are saying

BM: principal, call 112 (991)

others: 1 2 3 

….

6 hours ago, jeijei said:

I watched Ep. 1 this morning. I was surprised that there wasn't any exposition. They just went full into action.

I think the drama is a big believer in show, don't tell, so the exposition was done away with, in favor of immediately showing us the different situations of our ahjumma trio. I do love it, because despite the fast start, I am still very invested in them getting their revenge. 

I watched eps 3 and 4 raw, and despite not fully understanding everything, I still found myself laughing and worrying alongside the characters. I think, so far, my favorite is Jung Hye because she's so deadpan, but is slowly slowly opening herself up. You get the feeling that she's never really done that before. I also like Mi Sook's pragmatism. She seems the most hesitant due to her personality, but she's also the most sensible. Do Hee is a hoot and I love love love that it seems like she's getting a loveline!!

Regarding the supporting characters, Hee Soo is definitely my fave coz he's adorable. Soo Gyum is a close second. I feel like he and Hee Soo will end up mothering Jung Hye lol. I don't understand Seo Yeon, but that may just be me being too old to empathize with her teenage rebellion phase. Also, I hate his wife-beating richard simmons, but showing his grief for his son was a nice moment for Mi Sook's husband. Couldn't care less about Lee Byum Soo and Soo Gyum's mom. But, I am interested in Jung Hye's sister even though she seems like an antagonist because her style is amazing, LOL.

Some thoughts on episode 4

Spoiler

(Not in order... I'll just type what first comes to my mind ^^)

So it was as I said about Mi Sook's son... that whole scene was sad and not an easy watch. Looks like her husband's dad did the same thing he now does to Mi Sook. That's so sad. I like that Mi Sook was more up-front in this episode and we found more about her... I now want to know what really happened to her son? 

SG mother is really one selfish woman. Just look at her barging in the house and going through JH's room, trying her bracelet and whatnot... What's with her outfits anyway? SO TACKY. Poor SG. As JH said... you can't choose your parents. ah :( 

SY's scene with that little brat who bullies our kind HS was a surprise to me when I saw her in teaser last night... but now, seems like she is doing all these things to contradict her mom. She wouldn't sit on that bike with him if she didn't get that message from her mom. I hope MS and her daughter find each other again and get out of that house and live happy and free. I feel like for them both, that house is their cage. Positive thing is that this club is changing MS and end of this episode, looks like she is determined to get revenge on her husband... we all know that 'that' road will be anything but easy, especially for her. Still 'Hwaiting' to MSxSY and all the other two ladies. ^^

That guy who helped DH... I thought he would be, something like a guest star.. only here for few minutes and then gone... looks like he will stick here for more episodes. I liked scenes with him and DH. I even thought 'romance'. I am rushing it... but I liked them together. He seemed like a nice guy, especially to her... I just hope later he won't come out as an enemy or something... Just no. Don't do that writer-nim. ahem Romance is better choice. ahem

I would love if someone would roughly translate what they were talking about when JH visited her mom and family, was it for her Birthday, not quite sure, but it seemed like it. That sister is awful... and seeing her family, seems like all of them are. Also,  As fast as I understood, she said that she was Hong Gil Dong of her family and that she never met her mother, while SG at least knows his mother. That flashback showed that she did not have a nice childhood... nor did her sibling love her, because she was born from different mother? that she never met... :(

I loved her laugh when she was in the car, after all that coooooold stuff... when she laughed, SG thought she was crying, but when he looked she actually laughed and as I could understand it was because she said what she wanted to or something like that. hahaha

Ending.. now let's talk about that ending. Who took photo of them together? Is our club already in danger??? Teaser also isn't helping. Are they looking for ideas on revenge with manhwa and manga's. hahahah LOL XD and JH is eating delicious food again and looking all happy and excited, like a kid. haha I can't wait... only thing I can do right now is cry and counting down the days until episode 5. Is this drama confirmed for 12 episodes? *cries* Maybe it's better like that... story will be better.

4 hours ago, Mio- said:

Some thoughts on episode 4

Reveal hidden contents

(Not in order... I'll just type what first comes to my mind ^^)

So it was as I said about Mi Sook's son... that whole scene was sad and not an easy watch. Looks like her husband's dad did the same thing he now does to Mi Sook. That's so sad. I like that Mi Sook was more up-front in this episode and we found more about her... I now want to know what really happened to her son? 

SG mother is really one selfish woman. Just look at her barging in the house and going through JH's room, trying her bracelet and whatnot... What's with her outfits anyway? SO TACKY. Poor SG. As JH said... you can't choose your parents. ah :( 

SY's scene with that little brat who bullies our kind HS was a surprise to me when I saw her in teaser last night... but now, seems like she is doing all these things to contradict her mom. She wouldn't sit on that bike with him if she didn't get that message from her mom. I hope MS and her daughter find each other again and get out of that house and live happy and free. I feel like for them both, that house is their cage. Positive thing is that this club is changing MS and end of this episode, looks like she is determined to get revenge on her husband... we all know that 'that' road will be anything but easy, especially for her. Still 'Hwaiting' to MSxSY and all the other two ladies. ^^

That guy who helped DH... I thought he would be, something like a guest star.. only here for few minutes and then gone... looks like he will stick here for more episodes. I liked scenes with him and DH. I even thought 'romance'. I am rushing it... but I liked them together. He seemed like a nice guy, especially to her... I just hope later he won't come out as an enemy or something... Just no. Don't do that writer-nim. ahem Romance is better choice. ahem

I would love if someone would roughly translate what they were talking about when JH visited her mom and family, was it for her Birthday, not quite sure, but it seemed like it. That sister is awful... and seeing her family, seems like all of them are. Also,  As fast as I understood, she said that she was Hong Gil Dong of her family and that she never met her mother, while SG at least knows his mother. That flashback showed that she did not have a nice childhood... nor did her sibling love her, because she was born from different mother? that she never met... :(

I loved her laugh when she was in the car, after all that coooooold stuff... when she laughed, SG thought she was crying, but when he looked she actually laughed and as I could understand it was because she said what she wanted to or something like that. hahaha

Ending.. now let's talk about that ending. Who took photo of them together? Is our club already in danger??? Teaser also isn't helping. Are they looking for ideas on revenge with manhwa and manga's. hahahah LOL XD and JH is eating delicious food again and looking all happy and excited, like a kid. haha I can't wait... only thing I can do right now is cry and counting down the days until episode 5. Is this drama confirmed for 12 episodes? *cries* Maybe it's better like that... story will be better.

Spoiler

I think her son committed suicide... otherwise, why would they keep it so hush hush? In the first ep, those other women thought her son was studying abroad, right? So why the lie? Seo Yeon is a brat and I honestly can't connect w/ her right now. I get wanting to contradict your mother, but I think she was extremely rude to Do Hee and Hee Soo in the hospital, considering that she was complicit in endangering the boys' lives.

I hope Do Hee has a loveline w/ the new guy! hahaha She deserves a good guy!

As far as I can tell, it's Jung Hye's stepmother's birthday. I think her dad cheated, and then brought her into the family without her having met her mother. And I think her sister was taunting her about Soo Gyum. As it turns out, Soo Gyum and Jung Hye may have more in common than what is apparent. This also explains why she said she doesn't hate him, because he didn't do anything wrong, and she doesn't even know him. However, she's still cold to him because that's just who she is.

I'm thinking the one who took the picture is either Hee Soo or Seo Yeon. Just because. They're my main suspects for now. LMAO.

I can't wait for next week's eps!

@beachesonthesky, nah. I don't think it's a good idea. 

I was supposed to change Selton and Chariot to Sheraton and Marriott. But when I watched the video, she did say Chariot. Maybe it's to avoid any copyright problem.

Oh, I love the pacing of the story. No wonder a lot are hooked. 

1 hour ago, beachesonthesky said:

Hide contents

I think her son committed suicide... otherwise, why would they keep it so hush hush? In the first ep, those other women thought her son was studying abroad, right? So why the lie? Seo Yeon is a brat and I honestly can't connect w/ her right now. I get wanting to contradict your mother, but I think she was extremely rude to Do Hee and Hee Soo in the hospital, considering that she was complicit in endangering the boys' lives.

I hope Do Hee has a loveline w/ the new guy! hahaha She deserves a good guy!

As far as I can tell, it's Jung Hye's stepmother's birthday. I think her dad cheated, and then brought her into the family without her having met her mother. And I think her sister was taunting her about Soo Gyum. As it turns out, Soo Gyum and Jung Hye may have more in common than what is apparent. This also explains why she said she doesn't hate him, because he didn't do anything wrong, and she doesn't even know him. However, she's still cold to him because that's just who she is.

I'm thinking the one who took the picture is either Hee Soo or Seo Yeon. Just because. They're my main suspects for now. LMAO.

I can't wait for next week's eps!

Spoiler

I think you are right on suicide part. That definitely would hurt the image of MS's husband and he had that 'clean' image and because of it he is going up.... just one more, in many, reasons to hate this guy. It's just that... no matter how much he tries, dirty laundry always finds it's way up and it's just a matter of time when it will come out and his image will be totally ruined, as it should. Let our ladies spice it up a little. ha ha ha ha 

She was rude toward DH and HS, they both did not deserve that. I agree... but I still feel that she is not all around 'brat'. Just look at that scene when HS was hurt in school by that 'rich brat'... did you see her face? she did not help... but her face... she was scared, she wanted to help... but she was scared and I think that reminded her of her home and her father beating her mother. This kid has traumas and that is why she is acting up around her mother... but the problem here is that her mother let her. MS should change that and be a little more strict with her, but, right now, she can't because she is still 'under' her husband and she doesn't have enough energy nor heart for it. SY needs someone strict, with love... to tell her, explain her that she should act differently in some situations. That she should talk when she hurts and say sorry when she did something bad. That she shouldn't yell at her parents or do bad things that could hurt HER and others just because she wants to contradict her mother. 

You can also see that she is not all 'brat'... even when she hurts her mom, she locks herself in her room and has that sad, 'I shouldn't done that' face.. I am sure there's more to her and I am sure some of her problems come from her brother too. The main problem in their family and the bad root that should be grabbed and taken out from both of their lives is MS's husband. Maybe said harsh... but just how I see it. He is bad influence to both of them, bad parent, bad husband... all around bad!

DH really deserves a nice guy who will love her.

DH's son HS... awww what a sweet and kind son this woman has. Just the way he takes care of her always makes my eyes :tears::wub: Love their scenes~ ^^

Jung Hye is slowly warming up to SG... very slowly, but we are getting there. xD lol

• jeijei locked this topic

Good day ~

Hello~ A general reminder to everyone including me hahaha

Moving forward, please refrain from discussing softsubbing activities. You can still provide excerpt translations though. 

No softsubs, either partial or full, should be posted here to avoid legal repercussions.  Feel free to talk about the drama instead. :) 

Welcome back~

• jeijei unlocked this topic
5 hours ago, QSD said:

May I ask if @hmmmgood is still interested in doing the translations? 

We really need more help from translator if any kind soul out there willing to help out.

@QSD Sorry for not writing sooner.  I will help with the translations where I can.  Fyi, I'm not fluent so there will be a few places where I will leave it blank for others to fill in.  I will submit something.  Sorry, I am also having connectivity issues and I had to reboot my internet connection.

@stroppyse, no words for your kindness@QSD@samecut123@ddeokb0kkiand the other i can't name it, guys you're our savior. more and more i looovee this Avenger club, i have good laugh, angs, and shed a tears because the story

Ps. I want joint this club badly, anyone have idea where is find such quirky, warmth and nonsense club like BRC:tongue:

Archived