[Drama 2017-2018] Love Returns / I hate to love you, 미워도 믿어도

0ly40

12 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Awww that sweet hug :wub:

I think we will see a change in Eunjo's attitude and she will become a much nicer, more humble person now that she knows she is a foundling.  Also, want to comment on the Han River.  I don't think it will ever run dry due to all the tears that are shed there during our dramas.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HATE TO LOVE YOU  (AKA I HATE YOU BUT I LOVE YOU) (AKA LOVE RETURNS)

RECAP, EPISODE 43

Upon learning that she was adopted and that her Brother is the Stepmother's natural Son, Gil is disturbed and incredulous.

Gil charges out of the house, slamming the door hard.    The Stepmother and the Aunt, who thought that they were Home Alone, hear the door slam and emerge from the bedroom to investigate. They find the Stepchildren's bedrooms empty.

Gil drives alone in the darkness.  In her mind, she reviews some of the nasty things the Aunt has said.

Gil stops by the side of a bridge, her emergency lights flashing.  She internalizes the Aunt's indictment that she is a "foundling" who has brought misfortune to her family and weeps.

Gil pulls out her cell phone.  She sees that he has a text from Hong asking if she arrived home safely.  She begins to weep harder.

The camera pans to a wide shot of the car on the bridge with its emergency lights flashing in the darkness.

Later it is still dark.  She has stopped crying and is looking at her phone again.  She has seven missed calls from Hong.

Gil calls the Stepmother and tells her that she ended up staying out later than she realized and is on her way home.  She falsely says that she is not with Big Shot because he is working late.

Jung emerges from her Sister's bedroom and reports to her Mother that she is asleep.  She lectures her Mother, telling her that she needs to take a firmer hand with her Sister.

Gil and the stepmother, who has waited outside for her, enter the house.  The Aunt snaps at them and heads for bed.

The Stepmother and Gil enter Gil's bedroom.  Gil thanks the Stepmother for taking her and her Brother in and staying the course despite the fact that Gil was often ungrateful.  The Stepdaughter replies that she would rather have a rude daughter than no daughter. Gil weeps.  The Stepmother comforts her.

Morning.

In the Stepmother's office, Big Shot sits and watches while the Stepmother removes ledgers form a safe.  He hands her some paperwork.  She affixes her seal to it without reading it.  She's like, This is for the new house.  Right?

The Stepmother returns some items to her safe, closes a cabinet door and moves a potted plant in front of the whole shebang.   We see that Big Shot's steel trap mind has noted the location of the safe for future reference.

The Stepmother refers pleasantly to his relationship with her Stepdaughter.  Big Shot lies, saying that both of them have been busy lately.

The Ste[mother's phone pings.  It is a notification that Jung's Father has just made a large charge on her credit card.  This is soon followed by another Ping.

Jung's Father hands Jung a large shopping bag full of women's clothing.  He tells her to share some of the swag with her Mother and Sister.  He tells her that the wealth spigot is now full on and she shouldn't hesitate to ask if she needs something.

Big Shot has called Jung's Father to his office for a meeting.  Big Shot tells Jung's Father that he will help him to siphon off the Stepmother's assets, but makes clear that he, not Jung's Father, will be the senior partner in their arrangement since he is the only one

with access to her seal.  Jung's Father says that he would like to kick things off by gaining control of a large building.

Big Shot's Mother runs into the Beauty Shoo and tells Jung's Mother that she needs to hide in the back room.  As she disappears, Jung's Mother is like, WTF?  Then Madame Goo walks through the front door.  Madame Goo knows she is there so Big Shot's Mother can't hide.  Big Shot's Mother whines that she can't rumba because her back hurts.  Then the  two women head off to dance class, one of them quite reluctantly.

Assistant Director  Gong spots Jung in her new dress and observes, maliciously but approvingly, that there has been "a change in your personal style."    While Jung basks in the sudden sartorial approval, Gil rounds a corner, collides with her, and spills coffee all over her dress.

Jung pitches a mother dog and her Father joins them, arrogantly taking eis daughter's side in her dispute with Gil.  The Stepmother arrives and both Jung and her Father treat her dismissively.  The Stepmother summons hubby down the hall for a Talk.

The Stepmother and Jung's Father argue loudly in the Small Cafe.  He talks down to her.  Big mistake.  She puts him firmly in his place and storms out of the cafe.

Jung's Father stands alone in the Small Cafe with a "I sure stepped in it this time" look.

Gil reprimands Jung for the disrespect she showed the Stepmother.  Jung knows that their parents are already married but Gil does not.  Jung alludes to the fact that Gil has no legal relationship to the Stepmother and that she will be the Stepmother's legal stepdaughter, not Gil.  Because she only alludes to this fact without making it explicit, Gil is left scratching her head when Jung stomps off.

Angry, the Stepmother attempts to cool off in her bedroom.  The Aunt invites herself in and does not improve her mood.

As Gil's Brother emerges from the Subway he sees Jung's Sister walking ahead of him.    Then he sees a Creeper following her with his cellphone while she unknowingly stars in an Upskirt Video.  Gil's Brother administer's some impromptu Street Justice, routing the sleazy videographer.  Cut!  No retake!

Jung's Sister is like, What was that all about?  Gil's Brother explains.  He's like, From now on wear longer skirts and ditch the high heels.  She's like, If you're not man enough to resume our relationship, MYOB.  

Big Shot and Jung dine at an expensive restaurant.  Both look incredibly pleased with themselves.  She starts to complain about the coffee incident with Gil.  When she sees him perk up at the mention of Gil's name, she changes the subject.  She tells him that she wants him to perform a magic trick and produce a rose for her.  When he is obviously not up for it, She is disappointed.  Then he tells her he's busy and leaves her to finish her dinner alone.

In their bedroom, Jung's Sister senses that Jung's Big Date With Big Shot did not go well.  And rubs it in.  Then she unloads on Jung for derailing her own love affair.

Gigolo Goo sits in his home lost in thought.  He recalls a briefing by the Administrative Assistant:  Madame Goo, in league with a major stockholder, is grasping for control of Genius Cosmetics.  His daughter joins him and they lock horns.  She's like, I'm doing it for his own good but Hong is too thick headed to understand.   When he notes that she obviously has some ambitions of her own, she does not deny it.

As Hong works in his CEO office he receives a text from Gil asking him to meet her.  He's off and running.

Hong finds Gil crying on a park bench.  She pours out her guilt for her past treatment of the Stepmother.  When she laments that she is adopted he's like, So?  When she accuses him of being cold hearted, he reminds her that there are worse things than being Chosen, rather than a random biological fait acompli.

Hong hugs Gil.  For once he has responded appropriately to a social cue.

I'm so excited to watch what's going to happen in the episode tonight. I'm feeling that Kim ahjumma is starting to see the real con-prof and I hope she wakes up from her lalaland soon.

I guess the synopsis that says Eunjo losing everything is when she finds out the truth about her birth. She was living a lie her whole life and that must have hurt a lot. Now she knows why her aunt is treating her like that. Now I wonder what will happen next. Will Kim ahjumma knows that Eunjo found out about the secret.

Inwoo sure is getting on my nerves. Well she's been getting on my nerves for quite some time now and she's getting worse every episode she appears.

59 minutes ago, mjmartinez said:

he background check big shot :D i really hope that EJ will saw BS punching SP 

Oh that would be nice. At least she's gonna see his true colors.

22 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah lol   I swear BS and IW deserve each others in more ways the one.

Oh I totally agree with you. They should be together so they will also go down together.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

I wonder did he actually punch SP in the preview.

Anyway his true colors are now showing,

I remember the scene where Inwoo pulled Eunjo's hair, it was all in Inwoo's head since she doesn't have the guts to do it to her.

I hope and wish that Kim ahjumma will catch con-prof sneaking around her safe and stealing her seal.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Man he is already stealing from her he is such a piece of trash

Yes, he is a piece of trash.  I hope Haeng Ja catches him with her seal and shows him why she has the nickname of "Shrew of the Marketplace."  Him and In Woo are getting on my last nerve.  I hate seeing In Woo flaunting a relationship with Bu Sik when he hasn't quite decided which side he wants or will benefit the most from.  No love involved here.  He is as bad as Mr. Jung, IMO.

I HATE TO LOVE YOU  (AKA I HATE YOU BUT I LOVE YOU) (AKA LOVE RETURNS)

RECAP, EPISODE 44

Hong walks Gil to her home and reminds her that "No matter what, this is your family."

Gil enters the house and talks with the Stepmother and Aunt.  They ask whether she was out with Big Shot.  When she evades answering, they assume that she was.

When Big Shot's Mother arrives for work.  We learn that since the Stepmother withdrew from the loan business, Jung's Mother has been borrowing money from a loan shark/  He is now demanding immediate repayment of a $10,000 loan.

In her office, the Stepmother is reviewing some bank records when someone opens the door and waves a white flag.  Jung's Father enters the office and joins her.  He apologizes for their argument, saying "It was all my fault."  They agree not to meddle in the affairs of each other's children.  He is unhappy to learn that she receives a text message every time he uses the credit card she gave him.

The Stepmother goes into the shop to help her Assistant.  Alone in the Stepmother's office, Jung's Father begins searching for her seal.  He calls Big Shot and asks where the Seal is.  Big Shot just smirks.

Sitting at his desk, Big Shot looks at a business envelope containing some real estate documents.  He remembers a conversation with the Stepmother in which she asked him to resolve some loose ends related to the properties.

Big Shot tells Jung's Father where to find the Seal.  He tells him that he can ue the seal on the paperwork the Stepmother gave him to sell some of her properties.

Jung's Father emerges from the Stepmother's office whistling and looking llike the cat who has swallowed a couple of parrots.  The Aunt who has entered the shop, is immediately suspicious.

The Aunt, Assistant and Jung's Father discuss a recent burglary in the building.  The Aunt persuades the Assistant to tell them the entry password to the Pawn Shop.  Jung's Fathers eyes are wizzing like a slot machine about to make a oayout.

At the Beauty Center, Madame Goo berates Gil and Jung for failing to complete an assignment.  She tells them that she will remain at the Beauty Center until they complete assignments to purchase outfits for the Center's model with the $100 she gave each of them.   She informs Jung that she has barely passed some required licensing exams. After the women leave the office, Madame Goo pledges that her final action at the Beauty Center will be to fire Jung.

Madame Goo calls Big shot to arrange a meeting.

The administrative Assistant confers with Hong in his office.    A consultant has given them a positive report on the marketability of the line of pharmaceutical cosmetics Hong wants to develop.  Financing is still a problem.  They discuss options.

As Big Shot is walking down the sidewalk, Jung rushes to join him.  She is happy to see him.  He is not so happy to see her.

As Hong walks down the sidewalk, he is surprised to see Big Shot and Jung together.  She separates from Big Shot.  A few steps later she encounters Hong.  They apparently have met before.  When he asks her what her relationship with Big Shot is, se smiles and says that she is going to marry him.  Now he is even more puzzled than before.

Gigolo Goo and Big Shot's Mother enter a private dining room in a restaurant for lunch with Madame Goo.  They are surprised to be joined by Big Shot.  Big Shot is surprised  as well and starts to leave but his Mother asks him to stay.  Their conversation is strained. Then Big Shot challenges Madame Goo directly about bringing them all together without prior notice.  The lunch continues even less comfortably.

Big Shot's Mother follows her Son into his office and berates him for challenging Madame Goo.  He tells her that he was bothered by the rude manner in which Madame Goo treated her and that he wanted to make it clear that she could not trifle with his Mother.

Gil's Brother joins Hong at a table in a convenience store.  Gil's Brother discusses his breakup with Jung's Sister, the daughter of his Stepmother's "fiance.  Hong is impressed that Gil's Brother is willing to sacrifice his relationship for his Stepmother's happiness.

Jung's Father enters the convenience store while Hong and Gil's Brother are talking.  Gil's Brother notices him and suddenly has a headache.

The loan shark and his hired muscle enter the Beauty Salon and regards Yung's Mother menacingly.  She calls Jung.  When Jung picks up, she hears screaming in the background.  After running to the Small Cafe to collect her Father, the two of them head for the Beauty Salon.

In the Beauty Salon, Big Shot's and Jung's Mothers cower while the two thugs eat noodles.  When Jung and her Father arrive, the thugs tell them that the balance on the loan, including interest, is $45,000.  Jung's Father alternates between bravado and cowardice.  The two thugs break some things and, having made their point, leave.  By now, Jung's Father is frozen in fear and the three women regard him with disgust.

As the two thugs leave the Beauty Salon they encounter the Stepmother and greet her with respectful bows.  She tells them to come with her.

Night.

Jung talks with her Mother in her room.  Her Mother tells her that the debt has been reduced back to the original $10,000.  Jung reminds her that she can't afford to pay the $10,00 either.

In the darkness, Jung's Father punches in the entry password and enters the Pawn Shop.  But he does not have the password to the Stepmother's safe and abandons his attempt to open it after several incorrect guesses.

The Stepmother talks with her Stepson in his bedroom.  He falsely tells her that breaking up with Jung's Sister was no big deal.  He asks for more time to think about her proposal to adopt him.  The Stepmother learns for the first time that Gil has broken up with Big Shot.

The Stepmother arranges a meeting with big Shot on the phone.

Early the next morning Jung's Father surreptitiously enters the Stepmother's office once more and has another go at the safe.  This time, he guesses that the combination is the date they registered their marriage.  Bingo!

14 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

I remember the scene where Inwoo pulled Eunjo's hair, it was all in Inwoo's head since she doesn't have the guts to do it to her.

I hope and wish that Kim ahjumma will catch con-prof sneaking around her safe and stealing her seal.

I dont think that's going to happen since in the preview HJ didn't suspect a thing and BS and GS are talking privately outside of HJ office

what I don't want to happen is that HJ will talk to BS and convince him to make amends to EJ and make them get married quickly

3 hours ago, mjmartinez said:

I dont think that's going to happen since in the preview HJ didn't suspect a thing and BS and GS are talking privately outside of HJ office

what I don't want to happen is that HJ will talk to BS and convince him to make amends to EJ and make them get married quickly

Nah that 100% wont happen that door is good and close now.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:45 AM, dramaninja said:

Man he is already stealing from her he is such a piece of trash

He has always been a piece of trash even before he knew Haeng Ja.

On 1/13/2018 at 2:29 AM, Pam_Van Fossen said:

Yes, he is a piece of trash.  I hope Haeng Ja catches him with her seal and shows him why she has the nickname of "Shrew of the Marketplace."  Him and In Woo are getting on my last nerve.  I hate seeing In Woo flaunting a relationship with Bu Sik when he hasn't quite decided which side he wants or will benefit the most from.  No love involved here.  He is as bad as Mr. Jung, IMO.

I can't wait for that to happen! Kim ahjumma catching him with his seals and with con-lawyer as well. At least throw them all in jail together. I think Kim ahjumma is starting to check con-prof with money (after that investment establishment visits and the credit card purchase) but I just hope she won't brush it aside and thoroughly check on him (we all know she's oh so in love with this piece of trash).

I'm also suspecting Gil imo is going to do something to get con-prof to be caught red handed. Remember her purposely asking for the shop's door passcode in front of con-prof? She knows he's up to no good with Kim ahjumma's money. At least she's going to be useful in this way.

Oh In Woo. No wonder she's the daughter of a piece of trash because she's one as well. Her and con-law are meant for each other!

On 1/13/2018 at 11:17 AM, mjmartinez said:

I agree with @dramaninja. I don't think Kim ahjumma will push for con-law to get back together with Eunjo. In the first place she knows that Eunjo has been reluctant to date him from the very beginning. Eunjo only gave him a chance because Kim ahjumma advised her to or was it that happy-go-lucky cafe girl (if I'm not mistaken)?

I cannot wait for tomorrow. I hope there'll be Eunjo x Sukpyo moments.

Watched the episode today and I still have the same thoughts about Jung Inwoo and con-law, they don't have any redeeming factor.

Did Hong Sukpyo just fired con-law?! Hahaha!!! And my wish for Gil Eunjo to see con-law punched Sukpyo came true! Yaaaas! I've never been delighted and happy since the hug.

I want to watch it again with subs. I want to know what con-prof said that made Sook ahjumma face palmed him with the cake. XD I hope that Kim ahjumma will wake up to her senses and kick out that con-prof for good. Put him behind bars.

Archived