[Drama 2017-2018] Love Returns / I hate to love you, 미워도 믿어도

0ly40

49 minutes ago, xiashenghan said:

Watching E52 with subs and all I can think and scream whenever I see Jung richard simmons is "You die richard simmons! You should burn in hell." My gosh! I learned how to curse even in my own language at how angry I am. I can't wait for her world to crumble down to pieces and con-law leaving her. Seriously I won't accept if the ending for them would be a happy one. That is unacceptable.

I'm glad that Hong Sukpyo was able to help Gil Eunjo to bail out. Eunjo's aunt is really the worst. ZERO SYMPATHY and she needs to burn in hell as well.

ONE THING I WANT TO HAPPEN:

CON-PROF, JUNG richard simmons, CON-LAW, GOO AUNT richard simmons AND GIL AUNT richard simmons WORLDS TO SLOWLY CRUMBLE DOWN TO PIECES IN A SWEETEST POSSIBLE WAY WITH NO POINT OF RETURN AND THEY ALL BURN IN HELL TOGETHER.

So much hatred I know but it is not enough for all the evil things they are doing.

I can't believe how Jung eomma is tolerating the b*tchiness of her daughter. I though better of her but I guess I was mistaken. She's no better than her daughter. Only Jung Injung is the sane one who doesn't tolerate her crazy sister's b*llsh*t.

just wait till you watch episode 53 and 54 chingu and you will be devastated

so many question that to be answered

now that SP uncle are living with SP and secretary jung what will SP aunt going to do now? 

what will happen to EJ and HJ after episode 54?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, mjmartinez said:

just wait till you watch episode 53 and 54 chingu and you will be devastated

so many question that to be answered

now that SP uncle are leaving with SP and secretary jung what will SP aunt going to do? 

what will happen to EJ and HJ after episode 54?

They all going to live together or something and she will work for SP.

I am just glad all this crap is going by fast,she does not need to live there right now while that garbage is there.

@mjmartinez @xiashenghan @dramaninja  Rather than killing the Stepmother off, the writer has put her in a coma.   

This allows Jung's Father and Big Shot to do all of the dastardly things they would do if she were dead.

It also allows her to spring to life again circa episode 110 or later, and lay waste to Jung's Father and big Shot.  I assume that dby this time Hong and Gil, "against all odds," will have successfully launched their line of cosmetics so the Stepmother's recovery will be icing on the cake.

Note that Jung's Father rented rather than sold the Stepmother's home.  This will allow he to return to the abode she shared with her beloved "Mr. Gil" after she resumes consciousness and everything is put to right.

The writer of this drama is quite clever.  However, I thought that having Jung's Father rent the house out the first day the Stepmother was out of the ICU was laying it on a little thick.

@mjmartinez  Your point about Han Hey-Rin is interesting  -- that in her previous roles she was sometimes a brat, but a pleasant brat  I guess that she was more or less true to type in the first ten episodes or so (I would call her "enticingly mischievous") before she turned into the fire-eyed dragon lady.  This shows her dramatic range and is a tribute to her ability as an actress.  I read that actors in Korean Dramas are often accosted in public by persons who are angered by the roles they play on tv and I would guess that she'll be wearing sunglasses, even at night, for the next few months.

A lot of the K-Drama actors are very talented and can effectively portray an amazing range of characters.   .  

My favorite example is Kim Kap Soo, who played the frizzy-haired, clueless American sitcom style dad in All About My Mom, but is usually seen in slick-haired gangster and corrupt businessman roles.

My prediction is that it will be revealed that Gil Eun-jo is the real daughter of Kim Haeng-ja.

Earlier it was said that when Gil Eun-jo needed a kidney, an anonymous donor came out of nowhere.

Also, the look that Kim Haeng-ja gave Gill Eun-jo before she fainted seems to indicate that there is a this deeper secret.  If this is so, it will give both of them legal leverage against this pack of hyenas - like (jimb) says though - around episode 110. :D

3 hours ago, Loretto said:

My prediction is that it will be revealed that Gil Eun-jo is the real daughter of Kim Haeng-ja.

Earlier it was said that when Gil Eun-jo needed a kidney, an anonymous donor came out of nowhere.

Also, the look that Kim Haeng-ja gave Gill Eun-jo before she fainted seems to indicate that there is a this deeper secret.  If this is so, it will give both of them legal leverage against this pack of hyenas - like (jimb) says though - around episode 110. :D

It would be great if Eun Jo was Haeng Ja's real daughter but I don't think she is.  Haeng Ja has a special bond with her because she was an orphan/abandoned just like Haeng Ja.  There are always birth secrets in the daily dramas so I guess we will have to wait and see what happens and if it is ever revealed who Eun Jo's birth parents really are.  As others have stated above, I am flabbergasted at Jung Prof and Jung In Woo.  Haeng Ja has only been in the hospital a couple days and look what he has done.  It is unbelievable even for a daily drama.  I am having a difficult time even seeing the evil ones faces on the screen.  I have a feeling Haeng Ja will recover but it may take a little while.  She might have to pretend she has amnesia or dementia in order to fool Jung Prof and Con-Law while she takes action to protect Eun Jo, Myung Jo and her assets. If and when she wakes up, there will definitely be He## to pay.  The revenge episodes cannot come quick enough for me.  

I HATE TO LOVE YOU  (AKA I HATE YOU BUT I LOVE YOU) (AKA LOVE RETURNS)

RECAP, EPISODE 53

Gil enters the hospital room and is alone with her comatose Stepmother.She remembers episodes of her life with her and weeps.

As Hong stands outside of the Stepmother's hospital room waiting for Gil, Big Shot approaches him and asks to Talk.  They step outside but when Big Shot begins taunting him, Hong brings him up short by remarking that a number of irregular things seem to be happening to the Stepmother and Big Shot seems to be connected to all of them.  Hong vows to get to the bottom of Big Shot's shenanigans and leaves Big Shot troubled and angry.

Jung's Father visits his Ex-Wife and tells him that he plans to have Jung move into the new house with him and to evict Gil and her Brother.  Jung's Mother is disgusted bit Jung, who is eavesdropping, has a poisonous smirk on her face.

Jung enters her bedroom and tells her Sister about their Father's plan.  Her Sister, realizing that their Father plans to evict her boyfriend, is contemptuous.

At the Pawn Shop, the Aunt discovers that Jung's Father has seized all of the cash in the cash register.

At the Small Cafe, Jung's Father refuses to pay the bill for Gil's Brother's appendectomy.  He opines that every tub should sit on its own bottom, or every bottom should sit on its own tub, or some such.

The Aunt enters the Stepmother's hospital room and finds Gil asleep.  In her mind, she tells the Stepmother to wake up so that she can confront  the threats to Gil and herself.  Gil awakens and recalls Big Shot's betrayal of her at the Police Station and Jung's insulting behavior.  She realizes that it is now her duty to protect her Brother.

Morning.

Administrative Assistant Lee  arrives for work and discovers that he has been transferred to a "Logistics Center" (Amazon-speak for "warehouse.")

Lee informs Hong of his transfer.  He also notes that Madame Goo has been elevated to CEO and Gigolo Goo has become "Director of the Staff Lounge." (!!!!)  hong vows to continue his efforts to find investors for his new line of cosmetics.

Lee learns unhappily that Hong will likely be his "house guest" for the foreseeable future.

Jung's Father visits Madame Goo at the Beauty Center and tells her that since the Stepmother is incapacitated, he will be taking over the Beauty Center immediately.  She tells him that won't be happening because Genius Cosmetics Co-owns the Beauty Center.  At most, he will only be able to co-manage it with Madame Goo.

Gigolo Goo finishes packing his things and says goodbye to  Jung's Sister.

When Gil arrives at the new house she finds her suitcases packed and in the living room.  The Aunt ells her that there is "no room here for you."   Moreover, you're a foundling and I'm not your Aunt.

Gil tells the "Not Your Aunt" to stuff it and carries her suitcases back upstairs.

Jung's Father has been eavesdropping on the Aunt's altercation with gil.  The "Foundling" bit is news he can use.  He ponders how to get Gil out of the house once and for all.

At the Beauty Salon, Big Shot's Mother complains to Jung's Mother about Gigolo Goo's dismissal.

Jung's Sister learns that Gil's Brother is in the hospital for an appendectomy.

Jung angrily confronts Big shot about Gil's release from jail.  He tells her that he had nothing to do with it and, furthermore, he is sick of hearing her complain about Gil.  He stomps out, leaving her alone.

Jung's Sister tries to sneak into Gil's Brother's hospital room but is waylaid by her Mother.  they scuffle and her Mother drags her off.

Inside the hospital room, Gil is talking with her Brother.  He thinks he heard his Girlfriend's voice but then decides it was only his imagination.

In the Stepmother's office, Jung's Father is reviewing her banking records.  He salivates as he realizes how much cash is readily available in her accounts.  As he does so, the Aunt is spying on him.  She concludes that if she can't stop him from spending the Stepmother's money, maybe she can spend a little of it too.

Hong tries unsuccessfully to talk with a CEO but is blocked by his minions.  The CEO throws his proposal out the window of his limousine.  Hong gathers up the pages of his proposal from the street.  

Miraculously, the abusive CEO returns to speak to Hong.  Hong learns that Madame Goo has taken steps to assure that no one with money will invest in Hong's new line of cosmetics.

Gil joins Hong on a park bench.  He remarks on he new Goth hairdo.  He talks about his late Mother.  He seems to be developing an appreciation for her jaundiced view of life and humanity.  they agree that both of them are now at the bottom rungs of their respective life ladders.

Assistant Lee discovers that he is now the unwilling host of both Hong and Gigolo Goo.

@Loretto @Pam_Van Fossen

It would actually make sense for the Stepmother to be Gil's natural mother.

That would explain how Gil, a "foundling" made her way to Mr. Gil's household and why Mr Gil decided to adopt a child late in life.

The Stepmother had motive, means and opportunity.  Her friendship with Mr. Gil predated Gil's birth by several years and was on a different track entirely than Mr. Gil's relationship with his wife.  She was carrying a torch for him and lived in Seoul, as he did.  As an economically independent young woman with a long standing adversary relationship with the world, she was in a good position to be single and pregnant and to tell any who disapproved to go entertain themselves.

After Gil was adopted the Stepmother joined the Gil household to help care for the baby and Mr. Gil's wife, who was in declining health.  When Gil's Brother was subsequently born, there was no denying his true parentage and they had to come clean with Mr. Gil's wife.

A good question is why the Stepmother, who gad good reason to be bitter over Mr. Gil's decision to marry another woman, would move into their household and work for that woman.   If Gil was her natural child, it would make more sense than otherwise.

I haven't watched the recent episode and I'm planning to binge watch this weeks episodes. I will reply to your comments when I come back to my senses. :lol:

I just stopped by to say...

OH HOW I LOVE THE WAYS HONG SUK PYO KEEPS ON FLOORING CON-LAWYER EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY MEET. :lol:

That sore loser should stop. He's making a big joke out of himself. :lol: He's so pathetic.

I HATE TO LOVE YOU  (AKA I HATE YOU BUT I LOVE YOU) (AKA LOVE RETURNS)

RECAP, EPISODE 54

Assistant Lee answers his door and discovers that Gigolo Goo, as well as Hong, will be bunking with him for the foreseeable future.

Gil speaks to her comatose Stepmother, telling her that her affection for Hong is growing.

Big Shot's Mother tells Jung's Mother that it is strange she hasn't mentioned that her daughter is dating her son.  She begins to voice a suspicion when the rice Cake Lady bursts in and tells them that she just learned the Stepmother married before she was stricken.   Jung's Mother suddenly finds urgent business in another room.  Big Shot's Mother immediately deduces that her Boss's Ex-Husband is the man who is about to inherit a windfall.  The rice Cake Lady says that rumor has it that the Stepmother's stepchildren are not on her family register so the new husband stands to inherit everything.

In her bedroom, Jung's Mother wonders how she can prevent people from finding out that the Stepmother's new husband is Jung's Father.

Big Shot's Mother has figured out that Jung stands to inherit  the Stepmother's wealth from her Father.    When her Son arrives home, she confronts him with the fact that everyone will know that he is only pursuing Jung for her money.  He's like, Since when do we care what others think?

Big Shot goes to his room and realizes that if he doesn't find a way to control Jung's Father's greed, the situation will blow up in his face.

Back at Lee's apartment, the three men argue over who will sleep where.

Morning.

Jung's father whistles in his bedroom as he primps in front of a mirror.  The Aunt barges in and shames him into giving her money for groceries.  When she threatens to tell the women of the marketplace how he is robbing the Stepmother blind, he becomes much more generous.

The Aunt gives Gil a list of chores to do.  Which consists of all the chores there are to do.

Jung and her Sister head off to check out "their Father's new house."

Hong is forced to beg for a warehouse job at the "logistics center" where Assistant Lee has been reassigned.

Jung approaches the new house and smirks.  Then she goes upstairs to "her" bedroom and discovers that Gil is in it.  

Jung goes downstairs and demands that her Father evict Gil.

When Gil comes downstairs Jung's Father begins ranting that Gil has no right to live in the house and that the house belongs to him.  Gil points out that the house, in fact, belongs to her Stepmother.

Jung's Father goes upstairs to retrieve Gil's luggage while Jung struts in the living room.  He returns with the luggage and throws it out the front door.  Then he locks Gil and her luggage out of the house.

Jung's Sister sneaks into Gil's Brother's hospital room.  Only it is not his hospital room.  The unlucky patient's  wife arrives in time to see her in the room and throws a hissy fit.  The two women get into a hair pulling brawl.

The Aunt drives Gil's Brother home from the hospital while he sleeps in the back seat.  As they pull up to the house, the Aunt sees Gil

place her luggage in the trunk of her car.

When Gil's Brother enters the house he discovers that Jung's Father has not only evicted his Sister from their new house but has rented their old house out to other tenants.   Gil's Brother angrily leaves the house.

Jung's Father and the Aunt argue bitterly.  She vows that he will regret his behavior.

In the Small Cafe, the Manager sits down with Madame Goo for a cup of tea.  Madame Goo inquires about the Stepmother's condition.

Gigolo Goo arrives and replaces the Manager at the table with his daughter.  She is surprised to learn that her Father is accepting his reassignment as Manager of the Small Cafe.  She had anticipated that he would quit.

Gil arrives at the Pawn shop with her luggage.

The Aunt and Jung's Mother enter the Stepmother's hospital room.  The Aunt chastises her for not coming to visit the Stepmother earlier.   For her part, Jung's Mother looks guilty and miserable.  But she is shocked when the Aunt attributes the Stepmother's condition to her Ex-Husband's behavior and more shocked to learn that he has evicted the Stepmother's stepchildren from their house.  As they are talking, the Stepmother's Monitor begins flashing an alarm.

The Stepmother's crisis has apparently passed and Jung's Mother returns home.  She reflects that her Ex-Husband is not only a jerk but an evil jerk.

At Genius Cosmetics, Madame Goo asks Big Shot when he will be joining Genius Cosmetics' legal team.  Soon, he says.  Then she asks him why he has been taking such an interest in the Beauty Center.  He is evasive and she leaves the room.  Shots fired.

Big Shot receives a call on his phone.

Big Shot meets Jung's Father in the Stepmother's hospital room.  Big Shot tells him not to sell a building she owns in Gagnman because if she recovers he will not be able to defend the sale.  He's like, She'll never recover.  Just then, the Monitor sounds another alarm and medical personnel enter the room and begin performing CPR.

Finally managed to watch E53. There are so much evilness happening that it made me tired. Seeing that evil con-prof's face makes me mad as hell. I'm just glad that our OTP is in good terms even though they are both suffering.

Now what's with Hong Sukpyo's uncle leaving the house and living with Secretary Lee and Sukpyo?! And see I knew it! Con-law's mom is all about the money and power. She likes him because of his position. I hope Uncle Goo will see and hear it. He should wake up from his lalaland as well...

Evil aunt Goo. I don't know. I started to hate her as well. Acting like she's all concerned for Sukpyo but in reality planning to bury him deep because she covets his position? She's the worst and I thought she's doing it for his sake and because she's grateful to Sukpyo's mom. Tsk!

Now that I think about it. I hope the documents Kim ahjumma signed and sent to her previous lawyer is something for counter measure when something happens to her. I hope that will make con-prof, con-lawyer and In Woo in jail. I wonder when it will pop up again?

The Gil aunt is despicable as always. :) I have no hope for her to change. There's no turning back for her.

I hope Kim ahjumma will finally regain consciousness and start the revenge to all those evil people around her. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode to come... This is too much for me I need a happy episode not this tormenting episodes that's been happening for a week now.

@xiashenghan  

The only thing that's clear about the Aunt is that she is playing her own game and it's not clear who, other than the Aunt, benefits

It also looks like Madame Goo and Big Shot will be at each other's throats   as soon as she realizes that he and Jung are an "item."  Not to mention she and Jung's Father, as soon as she realizes whose daughter she is.

One potential plot twist:  when will the Aunt tell Gil's Brother that he is the Stepmother's natural son?  Assuming that his is confirmed via genetic testing, he would have a basis to sue to stop Jung's Father from looting the Stepmother's assets. 

@jimb

Con-lawyer has a looooong day ahead of him with crazy richard simmons Inwoo always on his neck, con-professor doing his dirty deed with him as a shield, aunt Goo being suspicious of him because of the beauty center and lastly his love is going lovey dovey with her bae. Hahaha!!! :lol:

In the preview, it looks like Gil Myungjo will start working on getting things back to its original place and going through the adoption process. That must have shocked con-lawyer as I can only deduce that he's concerned that Myungjo's eyes are determined.

Anyways, I cannot wait for today's episode. I wanted to wipe that smirk off crazy richard simmons and con-professor's faces since con-lawyer doesn't smirk that much anymore. He's been being shut down so many times by Sukpyo and he's pissing his pant off because of the things con-professor's are doing and he knows he'll be in trouble. :lol:

The actress who plays Inwoo was also a Witch/villain in New Tales of Gisaeng. But she had work done that her face look even more sinister now LoL. 

Really love the chemistry between Seokpyo/Eunjo. Knowing how K-Dramas normally work, they'd drag for all its worth especially Busik. It'd take ages for him to redeem himself and for Inwoo & her Dad, Seokpyo's aunt together with Eunjo's aunt to set things right again... 

Typical. They just had to take the amnesia/brain check-out trope with Haengja. 

Archived