[Drama 2017] Temperature of Love 사랑의 온도

larus

52 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

didn't make it hard to guess I believe :lol: as I said I'm not someone to hide her biased feelings :wink::tongue: hhhhhhh...I watched and enjoyed many dramas while I was only ToL's member so it's ok :wink: yeah I'd love to have you guys and have fun with you there too but as long as you give it (his drama :tongue:) a try and enjoy it hopefully I'll be fully satisfied!! :wink::D 

Yeah, you are so obvious and honest about it, but that's your good point. I always like a honest person and loyal too :wink:

52 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

@mademoisellesia I love his flawed personality then!! :tongue: seeing him working hard on himself and his relationships under all he went and is going through makes him perfect to me I think!! :wink: hhhhhhh

Well no one is PERFECT in this world, and to be able to accept and love the person as is including his or her flaws is the only way to go.

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

angel2013 Se Jong likes the part about Hyun Soo being thankful for the smallest things in the world and he thinks not many people can be like that. He also likes that she can overcome her own problems. Whereas Hong Ah, errr, what's good about her coz we can't even figure that out, lol! Although I give her credit for being able to put Min PD under control. She is high maintenance in the sense that she's all, "Me. Me. Me." Whatever gender she may be, I wouldn't fall for this kind of personality.

Yep I know, he thinks this kind of personality is rare, probably is, bec not many people are being thankful enough nowadays, for most we only concentrate on what we don't have rather than what we already have, hence we become discontented and grudging people, so to be able to be thankful for every little thing is a good personality trait. This is probably what he seeks for in an ideal future gf bec its a quality he values. 

Speaking of HA, I think HS quality of being able to forgive and accept her is also admirable after all she has done to HS, if it is me, she's definitely OUT in terms of friendship..no matter what her reasons may be, it does not justify her treatment of HS if she even ever regard her as a friend.

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

sakura2016 Yep, I never thought JS is perfect. For one, I don't think he opens up to people easily and he's overly 'cool' to people. That makes him unapproachable. Secondly, his family background & trauma made his personality even more flawed than an average normal man but it's these imperfections that made him relatable.

Allow me my different opinion, it is precisely bec of his family background and trauma, the difficult situation he grew up in, that's why I see him as near perfect rather than flawed because of his effort in trying to be a much better person. Of course I do not think he not opening up to people as a strength but there is another point which I do like about JS is that he is clear about his treatment between those who are important to him and those who are not(like what he says priority). I like that quality in a guy because when guys are not clear in relationships, it caused problems. Maybe that's why I ended up rooting for OnSoo even though I started this drama all prepared to be in SLS.

Haha maybe I am just weird for always having different opinion from everyone whether it is HS or JS. :lol:

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, angel2013 said:

Yeah, you are so obvious and honest about it, but that's your good point. I always like a honest person and loyal too :wink:

hihihi thank you chingu!! :wub: 

Well no one is PERFECT in this world, and to be able to accept and love the person as is including his or her flaws is the only way to go.

totally agree with that!! 

Yep I know, he thinks this kind of personality is rare, probably is, bec not many people are being thankful enough nowadays, for most we only concentrate on what we don't have rather than what we already have, hence we become discontented and grudging people, so to be able to be thankful for every little thing is a good personality trait. This is probably what he seeks for in an ideal future gf bec its a quality he values. 

Speaking of HA, I think HS quality of being able to forgive and accept her is also admirable after all she has done to HS, if it is me, she's definitely OUT in terms of friendship..no matter what her reasons may be, it does not justify her treatment of HS if she even ever regard her as a friend.

and I can add that Jung Seon and Hyun Soo are alike in these two points!! he keep trying to find positiveness despite all he had to go through and he's a forgiving person just like Hyun Soo!! 

Allow me my different opinion, it is precisely bec of his family background and trauma, the difficult situation he grew up in, that's why I see him as near perfect rather than flawed because of his effort in trying to be a much better person. Of course I do not think he not opening up to people as a strength but there is another point which I do like about JS is that he is clear about his treatment between those who are important to him and those who are not(like what he says priority). I like that quality in a guy because when guys are not clear in relationships, it caused problems. Maybe that's why I ended up rooting for OnSoo even though I started this drama all prepared to be in SLS.

Haha maybe I am just weird for always having different opinion from everyone whether it is HS or JS. :lol:

we're on the same boat chingu!! :lol::tongue: 

another new music MV to cure your withrawal symptoms @Jusyed (have a safe trip!)

@sakura2016haha I haven't started any new drama! weekends are usually busy for me, so I will also postpone my remaining homework till Monday :lol:

SJ has a lot of interviews guess our Lady M @mademoisellesia is kept busy translating it! *fighting*

4 hours ago, Jusyed said:

@sakura2016 good for you...what drama are you watching now?

I have to travel a long distance this weekend...but still missing my OTP....

Spoiler

I started Doubtful Victory (so far so good), a monday-tuesday drama, and have Jugglers to check on this monday as well and will have Just Between Lovers the next moday which I'm interested in being made by Secret Love's writer and Innocent Man/Nice Guy's director and I loved both dramas :tongue: and my most unticipated and waited drama that will start this wednesday is I'm Not a Robot of Yoo Seung Ho, Choi Soo Bin, Uhm Ki Joon with W's directer!! :w00t: 

have a safe trip chingu!! :wub: 

3 hours ago, angel2013 said:

another new music MV to cure your withrawal symptoms @Jusyed (have a safe trip!)

@sakura2016haha I haven't started any new drama! weekends are usually busy for me, so I will also postpone my remaining homework till Monday :lol:

SJ has a lot of interviews guess our Lady M @mademoisellesia is kept busy translating it! *fighting*

thank you for the MV chingu!! :wub: 

hhhhhhhhhhh I think I have to finish my homework before this wednesday or I'm really doomed!! :lol: 

good for her (and us? :tongue:) :lol: Fighting @mademoisellesia chingu!! :D 

Another video? Hahaha..found this compilation of OnSoo couple moments on Weibo..only way I know how to share this is thru youtube. All credits back to the owner. 

@sakura2016 yep yep you have to finished before Wed before that drama starts! else we won't be seeing it since you will be too pre-occupied with it.:lol:

Funny Scenes

~No one thought the scene when HS imagined spraying the ketchup on her sister was funny? :D I thought it was funny bec the sister was really annoying then and I wish that was real even though it turned out to be her imagination.

~Kyung slipping on the chair in JW office was also funny for me (and later seeing JW in bts doing the same thing was funny too)

~At first I didn't get the joke about JS mum mistaking HS word for Gong Yoo :blink: since I don't know korean, but when I got the what it really meant, it hit me...and I was like LoLing at JS mum for her naivety? 

Come to think of it, TOL doesn't really have a lot of really funny scenes to remember by, guess the angst and also OnSoo sweet moments actually stuck more in my memory. One more down and one more to go...I would have to replay TOL scenes to see the beautiful scenes again?:o

Anyway I suddenly have this thought about the flower-that tiny but significant flower that not only connect HS and JS but also what it really means..(well as I see it)

HS wanted to be like the flower - strong, resilient and able to survive even in the toughest conditions but on the other hand, JS is the flower who is strong, independent and have survived even in the toughest conditions. I was just thinking about the possibility that HS might think herself as inadequate in this relationship since she is aspiring to be like the flower but she is not as she still falters and falls but JS always seems to have everything under his control without her help. (I have a long string of thoughts on this but I will stop here hahaha...thinking too much is no good especially when the drama has ended:lol:)

BTW anyone knows when will SBS announce the nominees for the year end awards?

Good News, Temperature of Love may not have got the highest ratings, but it already won some awards!

Today's News!

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1OOQ4IM8RU

wdrm0Pc.jpg

Grimae Awards - awarded by Korean Director's of Photography Society to be held on Dec 8 at7pm KST.

Best Actress Performer - Seo Hyun Jin for "Temperature Of Love"

Excellence award Drama - "Temperature of Love" 

This is Soompi article relating to the above news

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/03/ji-sung-seo-hyun-jin-shinees-key-announced-winners-2017-grimae-awards/

Ji Sung, Seo Hyun Jin, SHINee’s Key, And More Announced As Winners Of 2017 Grimae Awards

Ji-Sung-Seo-Hyun-Jin-Key.jpg

The Grimae Awards has announced this year’s winners!

Annually held by the Korean Directors of Photography Society since 1993, the Grimae Awards gives a grand prize to a camera director with excellent cinematography and experimental work. Programs are awarded based on judges’ score, and actors are awarded based on votes by camera directors.

The top excellence awards for actors went to Ji Sung from SBS’s “Defendant” and Seo Hyun Jin from SBS’s “Degree of Love.” The new actor award went to SHINee’s Key from MBC’s “Lookout.”

The winners will be awarded at the ceremony on November 8 at 7 p.m. KST.

Drama Excellence Award:
Directors Hong Sung Wook and Park Chang Soo – MBC “Lookout”
Directors Kim Hong Jae and Choi Jae Rak – SBS “Degree of Love”

Wow.....i am so happy for Seo Hyun Jin. Honestly I am so proud of her...What more is the a Producer Award, some good worth value for money right... Kumawo @angel2013 I am in the car heading back to my home sweet home. Will write more.

Ps. Hoping more to come in the SBS Drama Awards. 

6 hours ago, Jusyed said:

Wow.....i am so happy for Seo Hyun Jin. Honestly I am so proud of her...What more is the a Producer Award, some good worth value for money right... Kumawo @angel2013 I am in the car heading back to my home sweet home. Will write more.

Ps. Hoping more to come in the SBS Drama Awards. 

Yeah proud that her acting skill is acknowledged and recognised once again. Haha I see that there are some controversies though on people talking about "Temperature of Love" winning in the drama category-but they are the photgraphy directors, I guess they look more towards the cinematography of the drama rather than the script..maybe that's why TOL won? just my guess.

SBS awards is usually around 30th or 31st Dec...now its already 4th...they should be announcing the nominees soon unless they are postponing the award ceremony. I know the other stations are somewhat affected bec of the strike that has been going on for them, but for SBS I'm sure they should hold one.

11 hours ago, angel2013 said:

Yeah proud that her acting skill is acknowledged and recognised once again. Haha I see that there are some controversies though on people talking about "Temperature of Love" winning in the drama category-but they are the photgraphy directors, I guess they look more towards the cinematography of the drama rather than the script..maybe that's why TOL won? just my guess.

You're right. Just tell the rest, this best drama is not awarded based on script, otherwise the recipient of the award is Ha Myung Hee but the receipient of the award are camera directors.

@justright I always thinks HMH style of writing is more suited towards novel than drama script writing. The pace of story telling/development is different, a lot of details of the character's emotional development especially for HS char is left out in the drama hence the viewer's frustrations. I don't think she summarised her plot development very well for TOL, the main focus should be on JS and HS, she did JS part well but not HS, side characters are given too much development at the cost of screen time for HS character. A lot of HA scenes which repeatedly show how she never changed was unnecessary, JS mum and Daniel scenes could be shorten too, TOL suffers from imbalance, HMH didn't get her ratios right in this drama.

Thread is desserted....*cold wind blows* :tongue:

Anyway here to finished up my homework...beautiful scenes..for me, some of the beautiful scenes are the openings as below(warning..graphic intensive hahaha) well we are talking about visuals...at least for me..for this section I'm concentrating on visuals :lol:

amIkrOv.png

Spoiler

kBYZkZC.png

MAEBV3E.png

9jZevbu.png

8VRGxEU.png

Secondly, beautiful scenes for me also includes those back views of our OnSoo couple as folows;-

qXAggXa.jpg

Spoiler

6Nggfag.jpg

LEjyM1m.jpg

4Ps4hSr.gif

And I also find it visually beautiful when OnSoo look at one another...

hMu5oNn.gif

Spoiler

slWtfuw.jpg

3jEL1ol.jpg

hLj7oEJ.jpg

Above is just personal preferences, last but not least, I was so puzzled where JS green jacket went during their trip to Yeonsu...and I only found out when someone make the follow pic bigger...that it is under HS when they sat at the steps...*face palm* how come i didn't realise it earlier...

Spoiler

N4MK4qX.jpg

There @mademoisellesia I've completed my homework, have you? the quiz setter? Time to move on! Will check back when there is SBS awards news!

6 hours ago, angel2013 said:

Thread is desserted....*cold wind blows*

I am back - just a few things were taking up my time in the real world lol... Will back-track and read all that's been going on - particularly the unforgivable massacre of HS character by none other than beloved writernim...

6 hours ago, angel2013 said:

Above is just personal preferences, last but not least, I was so puzzled where JS green jacket went during their trip to Yeonsu...and I only found out when someone make the follow pic bigger...that it is under HS when they sat at the steps...*face palm* how come i didn't realise it earlier...

I noticed it was missing, but I thought he had just taken it off! What a good observation @angel2013! And what a gentleman our JS is! If there ever was an author-backed role, it was JS in ToL lol...

On 04/12/2017 at 4:16 AM, angel2013 said:

Anyway I suddenly have this thought about the flower-that tiny but significant flower that not only connect HS and JS but also what it really means..(well as I see it)

HS wanted to be like the flower - strong, resilient and able to survive even in the toughest conditions but on the other hand, JS is the flower who is strong, independent and have survived even in the toughest conditions. I was just thinking about the possibility that HS might think herself as inadequate in this relationship since she is aspiring to be like the flower but she is not as she still falters and falls but JS always seems to have everything under his control without her help. (I have a long string of thoughts on this but I will stop here hahaha...thinking too much is no good especially when the drama has ended:lol:)

Would love to read your long string of thoughts on this flower analogy @angel2013 (when you find the time!). 

I think the drama certainly let us down when it came to HS character - as you and @Jusyed were discussing, the writer never gave a fair chance to HS. It is to a great extent SHJ's personality and acting that salvages the character. 

I mean, HS is hardly shown to go through tough times - whenever she is facing trouble, a gang of people materialise by magic and solve all her problems -

JW (gave her career a chance after she lost her job 5 years ago, supported her through the debacle of Unruly Detectives, gave her another chance with Kind Soup drama, arranged for her Omma's operation);

JS (always supportive in a quiet and unintrusive way - leaving her that anonymous support post online (Unruly Detectives time), came to see her to cheer her up, cooked for her (innumerable times) and her family (Omma in hospital), always willing to listen to her talk about her troubles;

HS family always rallied around her

Kyung was always cheering for her

May be what we needed to see was HS really struggling with stuff - and for this part, I would have liked HA to have really given her trouble - eg I would have liked HA to be with rival production company (not On) and compete with HS drama or something more tangible than what we got. Maybe writer Park coming back to create more nuisance?

To me, it makes it look like HS made it big as a writer only because JW had her back - in a way it takes away the strength of her character. I would have liked to see her win on her own.

Given that one of the leads was a writer, I would have liked to see more struggles and challenges of being a drama writer - why did HMH not show us more depth in this area is beyond me. She failed HS as a character because there was no real struggle (even if there was, the above people just took care of it). Contrast that with JS troubles and immediately it is easier for the audience to empathise with him.

Even information like she went to Paris to look for JS was thrown in towards the end - it would have made HS look more committed to their relationship if they showed this earlier. It made me wonder what else did she do for the relationship that we never heard about...

The way HS character was presented, audience felt that she took the relationship flippantly 5 years ago and the second time around, she did not fight long and hard to maintain what she herself knew was a once-in-a-lifetime relationship. And to make it worse, we never got to see her struggling or her feelings apart from moping around her home, watering that plant and sighing to Kyung. The writer needed to show her more mature this time and holding on inspite of the frustrations (with JS not opening up), like @sakura2016 was saying. Instead, audience felt that her troubles were self-inflicted and could not sympathise with her...

Again i will like to give my thoughts on HS character. She is blessed to have a loving parents, she is very good in her study. Relatively she have a easy life during her early years. She mentioned that she have under estimated life, she thought that it going to be just as easy to get recognition as a writer.  At that point of time her priority is to be a writer, love is not on her agenda. But when she win the competition, she realized winning is not everything after all. Isn't this human nature, when you don't have it, you want it but when you have it , you want more. But at least she is very steadfast in her love for JS, with her strong will i don't expect any less. JW see the potential in her, to him it a good investment, so i don't think he is actually helping her for nothing. If HA is a true friend, HS will have a easier road to love. First she tell HS that JS is a playboy and he even flirted with her. Then tell  JS that HS is dating a older successful businessman. After getting rejected by JS and he even told her about his love for HS, she still don't tell HS the truth really make her a despicable person. With friend like that who need enemy, at best i will label her as acquaintances. This drama seem to delve deeply into the characters. It fun to analyse them.

9 hours ago, netizendbk said:

Would love to read your long string of thoughts on this flower analogy @angel2013 (when you find the time!). 

TT busy now... ..will be busy until Feb next year lol...I should wait until I get my dir cut to do more analysis haha(if they decide to go ahead) but it will be a long wait for the dir cut. But HS not going thru a harder time doesn't mean she doesn't hurt or is in much pain or conflict like JS though. But it does make people emphathise with JS more. They have different ways of handling it, JS is used to depend on himself, since he grew up that way with no support from parents and only WJ later on, whereas HS chooses to depend on people who always rallies around her. Again we can see how this difference creates conflict between them. How one chooses to perceive a given situation can varies from person to person, and depends on how much info is avail to them. I don't think HS took the relationship flippantly, if not she wouldn't be accepting JS mother so easily, nor would she be willing to share in every trouble and woe with JS if she let her in. But she is not a strong person as JS is, hence while she tries, she still crumbles eventually, that's why I said she is aspiring to be like the flower. 

@sapient yeah this drama is not everyone's cup of tea because most would expect a simple love story that is easy to understand and relate and not wanting to spend time to analyse the characters and their deep emotional feelings. That's why a lot of people gave up bec its frustrating for them.If HMH decides to rewrite TOL into a novel with greater depth for all the characters I might be interested to read it and see if all my analysis is the same as what she is thinking haha. For now, let's all move on! yeah time to move on...

as HS and JS are living well somewhere.:lol:

The IG poster drew this and I was like wow!

I was so busy with work since last week that I didn't dare come here and get distracted. Still haven't moved on. Nope. Still listening to TOL instrumentals all the time too. The other day after completing a project, my boss treated everybody to dinner. So a couple of colleagues rode in my car to the restaurant. We listened to TOL OST on the way and one of them asked, "Isn't this the song from that chef drama?" I said yeah, you watch it too? He said his wife always watched it every weekend on their cable channel. So he also watched it casually with her hahaha. I asked him if they like it. He said it's not bad. He likes the chef since he's nice and seems like a real person, unlike the usual cold and arrogant K-drama leads. To which I responded, "Please introduce that real person to me then.":tongue:He said chef forgave CEO too easily though. He also said the writer girl isn't annoying like other cutesy female leads. I was dying to know what his wife thinks but  I didn't want to sound like a superfan hahaha. Trivia: I went to their wedding earlier this year. His wife is 7 years older than him. She was his senior colleague at the first company he worked for. I totally forgot to ask him if TOL reminded them of their own romance and the window of opportunity has passed! 

On 11/27/2017 at 5:26 AM, mademoisellesia said:

@goodsoup I never dislike Do In Beom at all. I see he can be a jerk a lot of the times, but I couldn't be mad at him. And sometimes I think Dong Joo is also being a jerk himself.

Dong Joo is a jerk too, that's why I didn't like him either hahaha. Plus, YYS does nothing for me so it was easy for In Beom to steal my heart. I should've used the word 'dislike' instead of 'hate'. :tongue:

On 11/27/2017 at 9:17 AM, angel2013 said:

@goodsoup really? HS and JS is the same age in the drama? I thought it was also a noona-dongsaeng novel..I wonder what made the writer wants to write noona-dongsaeng romance as a drama then.

Hahaha I was nagged by my friend when I asked about Jung Sun's age in the novel. She said even if we missed it, Hyun Soo and Jung Sun are obviously the same age since they refer to each other as 'chingu'. You don't do that if one is older than the other. Maybe in the drama they are reincarnated as noona-dongsaeng so writer added 3 years to Hyun Soo's age and minus 3 from Jung Sun's. New life, new challenge!:lol:

Omo I still have many posts to catch up on and also do mademoisellesia's homework!

I'll answer the easiest one first!

10) If you were Hyun Soo's mother, which man would you favor most?

Jung Sun, duh!:rolleyes:

@goodsoup lucky you, you had to discuss about the drama with viewers in your real world!! I envey you!! :tongue: and how happy I am that your male coleague loved Jung Seon!! :D I'm sure the drama reminded him and his wife of their own love story!! :wink::tongue: 

1 hour ago, goodsoup said:

Hahaha I was nagged by my friend when I asked about Jung Sun's age in the novel. She said even if we missed it, Hyun Soo and Jung Sun are obviously the same age since they refer to each other as 'chingu'. You don't do that if one is older than the other. Maybe in the drama they are reincarnated as noona-dongsaeng so writer added 3 years to Hyun Soo's age and minus 3 from Jung Sun's. New life, new challenge!:lol:

thank you chingu for going through nagging session to provide an answer for us!! :tongue: hhhhhhh...maybe writer-nim needed another struggle to keep between the OTP since she won't go the cheating road? THANKFULLY!!

1 hour ago, goodsoup said:

10) If you were Hyun Soo's mother, which man would you favor most?

Jung Sun, duh!:rolleyes:

the easy answer!! :lol: 

@goodsoup wow another real life nuna-dongsaeng romance life story! I think it is really quite common nowadays, just maybe not widely accepted yet in Korea? And like @sakura2016 I envy you that you can discuss the drama with people around you! Only one I can chat with about kdrama is probably my niece!(but she is all the way in Australia tsk) ~and yes I am still listening to the OST too...

Anyway just dropping this, since I did the trans...Cha In Ha or Kim Ha Sung (one of the good soup boys) is a real fan of Seo Hyun Jin kekeke..he must be counting his lucky stars to work with her on his debut drama! (and to have one precious scene with her which he says is the one that is still in his memory)

Spoiler

Archived