[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Story of Yan Xi’s Palace 延禧攻略

sugarplum892

1 minute ago, Cedric Ong said:

Fuheng's brother. It was hinted in the drama when once Erqing vowed that the son has the blood of Fucha's family...instead of simply saying Fuheng. And i think some chinese articles or interviews also confirmed that.

Thanks @Cedric. You are amazing! :) Yes do remembered she said the child has blood of Fucha then why was she begging QL to not take her son away from her?

• Like 1

In eps 55 when QL found out YL was drinking soup to stop her from falling pregnant, can someone pls translate their dialogue. I could only catch o about 60%. YL mentioned QL used Fuca and QL said even in Fuca's death, QL had to use her for the last cut. I don't quite understand their conversation (starting from QL coming to see YL after he found out). Thank you in advance. 

8 hours ago, sharonfu18 said:

Hahahaha I think it is quite funny we are keeping these conversations going because we (maybe just me) are not wanting to move on from Yanxi. (side note, can someone plsss recommend someone similar to Yanxi... i think I need to move on but the bar has been set pretty high with Yanxi)

I think both YL and QL are attracted on an intellectual level as well. Very early on, YL realised how intelligent QL is. There was a tea scene when YL was  a servant girl working for Fuca, YL mentioned QL is smart  and complicated and he will never revealed what tea he likes to drink ... and she always make reference how intelligent he is.  I think QL also realised how smart YL is too. ...how fast her brain work (he said that in chinese).  They both challenge each other intellectually. Do you guys agree with this?  I think this has added the attraction and mutual respect they have for each other. 
With Fuheng, YL respects and loves him but not on the same level of love between QL and her.  Fuheng and YL (like a few people mentioned previously) is more sweet and innocent love. "Young" love.  Whereas love between QL and YL is more "grown up" and more mature type of love. My opinion, QL is more suitable for YL because of her strong character and I think she is the type that needs to have powerful partner (husband).  Someone who will challenge her intellectually and emotionally. Thoughts? 

Yes, absolutely! They are an intellectual match for each other, especially in the way they can figure people out and turn things to their advantage. Much of their early relationship is them testing each other (particularly YL with QL and him trying not to fall for it, but just falling for it even more, haha) but you can see how well they're matched too. He's gone to her for advice about political matters (the war that YL suggests FH should be in charge of & what to do about the Step Empress' dad) which I LOVED -- although he shouldn't have her "interfere" with politics (a rule reiterated by a few consorts beforehand), he really values her thoughts on what he should do. And despite him being an emperor and her being a consort, it does feel like they're on an equal playing ground intellectually, if not in terms of power.

6 hours ago, heychumi said:

However, although I do think that Fuheng and YL does not match in terms of character, as mentioned by @Cedric Ong  earlier and the rest in the forum, but does anyone think that actually Fuheng at the later stage also changed?

At the time when QL was jealous of Fuheng and YL - Fuheng steps in to make QL realized his mistake.  Didn't Fuheng later told his maid what he did was to fulfill YL's wishes ( I think that was what he said - cause my understanding of Chinese without sub is only 70%). Also he did not choose to elope with YL because he understands her and once again does only as what YL wanted and help YL revealed Chenbi's scheme. So could it be the younger Fuheng maybe overbearing, but the more mature Fuheng changed and molded to be an equally good match to YL's, but it was just too late.

I have to agree with Chenbi - YL is a very lucky women, she has 2 man who loves her.

Yes, absolutely to this too! FH really did mature in these ways. He devotes (even more so, lmao) the rest of his life to ensuring that YL is happy and if that means he can't be in her life the way he wants, then so be it. He really does go out of his way to assure QL that he isn't a threat and he, as YL says to Chen Bi, really does understand YL.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 12:00 AM, dramanoob8818 said:

But there she was - WYL who would rather walk/kowtow for hours in the freezing snow than to compromise her feelings for Fuheng. Hence, when she said that this would be the last thing she would do in acknowledgement of their relationship, that they would henceforth go separate ways permanently, she meant it.

No wonder i love this woman ...she is one true SiStar that a person can depend on :star:    I am up to ep 16 in subs now ...so for me even though i watched 70 episodes without understanding one word ...ok nya nya ..i got that LOL  this re watching with subs is like a brand new drama , since i am able to get to the verbal exchange between these two. So since ep 10 i am glued to the exchange between them...and even when she is kneeling , he is so aware of her on some level, that he makes a point of speaking directly and personally to her ..of course chastising her but baby he can't walk by her without acknowledging her , a lowly maid haha . When YL ran into him to slow him down in ep 16 and splashed the water all over him, he was so furious and yet he never kicked her, only the water dish. To me this is precious considering that he uses his feet indiscriminately on everybody and everything. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jadore1 said:

re watching with subs is like a brand new drama

That's why I'm really really hoping the subs continue into my favorite episodes so I can finally experience it fully :sweatingbullets:

& I was going to post this earlier but I had to test the subs out first, but youtube has 15 & 16 subbed fully :) 

• Like 1

@lyserose could you please explain to me the interaction between YL and Chen Bi after CB was defeated by her? Did she mentioned to YL that QL didn't love her and YL is lucky because 2 guys love her and ask which guys she loves? 

And did the Empress knows about QL doted on Chen Bi was just an act to win YL back (since she said QL doted on CB greater than with YL).

Also in ep. 52, what did Consort Yu whispered to Yongqi and later he told YL? Did she said to him, to stay with Consort Ling?

And in ep.48, pls  explain to me what Liyu and De Sheng talked about. When Liyu let him bring the drink to QL.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 4:59 PM, sharonfu18 said:

In eps 55 when QL found out YL was drinking soup to stop her from falling pregnant, can someone pls translate their dialogue. I could only catch o about 60%. YL mentioned QL used Fuca and QL said even in Fuca's death, QL had to use her for the last cut. I don't quite understand their conversation (starting from QL coming to see YL after he found out). Thank you in advance. 

I have posted their dialogue in as much details as possible (I hope :)) in page 19, but I will post it again here for you under spoiler

Spoiler

Before the argument, QL was very angry at YL for poisoning Er Qing because she is a minister's wife/a noblewoman. But as expected by Empress Xian, QL would only get angry with her temporarily and would go running back to her soon and she was right. He was ready to go to her, only for Empress Xian to intercept and told him about YL taking anti-pregnancy medicine.

The noteable  points in the arguement:

1) QL asked YL why she took the birth control medicine but she didn't answer him. So, he came up with all his theories and assumption and simply ask her to verify with a "yes" or "no".

2) QL said, YL set up every event from winning Dowager's favour at Yuan Ming Garden (refer to episode 42) which actually her attempt to get into QL's harem and she said YES.

3) QL said YL used him to avenge Fuca and she said YES. 

4) QL said that YL pulled a string on him, playing with his heart so that she could get promoted till she could reach a level where she can take her revenge on Consort Chun and she said YES. 

5) QL said, once YL had taken her revenge, she feels that QL could no longer be toyed around and so treating him coldly and distancing herself from him --- YL hesitated and her initial answer was "If you already know the answer, then why are you asking?" --- but QL demanded an answer and she said YES. 

6) YL then confirmed to QL that it was because of wanting to avenge Fuca that she decided to become QL's concubine.

7) QL, though heartbroken, didn't give up hope and so he asked her why did YL gifted him the fur hat (if she really has no love for him) and YL said, because she felt guilty since he treated her too well. 

8) QL summed up that to YL, he means nothing to her but just a piece of chess for her scheming. 

9) YL obviously angry with QL, accusing him of cheating on Fuca and asked him why he needs to love Er Qing out of all women but QL defended that he is innocent but YL insisted to believe that he is guilty. QL said, so in YL's eyes, he is a lecherous man who bedded his official's wife.

10) YL said that QL is cruel for making use of Fuca's death to punish his officials and QL explained that he needs a reason to punish those corrupt officials and Fuca is to serve her purpose as an Empress even in death.

11) QL then said to YL that she finally poured out her real feelings and that he had been too nice to her. Then he reminded her that he is an Emperor and that an Emperor is cruel. He said that whether she is willing or not, YL is his and will spend the rest of her life trapped in the Forbidden City.

12) Then before he left, he told her to no longer consume the birth control medicine since he won't visit her anymore.

Please note that YL left with Dowager is not directly related to this arguement. It was some arguement between QL and Dowager concerning his birth mother that Dowager left to Yuan Ming Garden and brought along YL with her. 

It is also important to know that prior to this QL already suspected that YL got together with him to lead him to the truth about Consort Chun and all her evil deeds (he voiced this suspicion in episode 52). Thus, her consuming of the anti pregnancy medicine deemed to confirm his suspicion and guess, he already had all those theories in mind when he confronted her. 

8 hours ago, harooxxx said:

@lyserose could you please explain to me the interaction between YL and Chen Bi after CB was defeated by her? Did she mentioned to YL that QL didn't love her and YL is lucky because 2 guys love her and ask which guys she loves? 

And did the Empress knows about QL doted on Chen Bi was just an act to win YL back (since she said QL doted on CB greater than with YL).

Also in ep. 52, what did Consort Yu whispered to Yongqi and later he told YL? Did she said to him, to stay with Consort Ling?

And in ep.48, pls  explain to me what Liyu and De Sheng talked about. When Liyu let him bring the drink to QL.

Ok, please take a breather cause this will be a long one :)

Spoiler

YL visited CB as QL sentenced her to be imprisoned at Ling Jing Garden.

YL told CB that her family members (actually referring to the lord and his clan who gifted CB to QL) were all sentenced to death because of her attempt murder on QL (she tried to kill him with a hairpin). YL said she finally understand why CB did the murder attempt in public when she could kill QL secretly. It was because she wanted to bring down her family members. CB told YL that in order to return into QL's good grace, the lord looked for the most beautiful maiden in his village and they came across CB. She was drugged and kidnapped and only agreed to enter the palace because the lord held her son as ransom. On the way to the Forbidden City, her maid told CB that her son who tried to look for his mother fell into a hunter's animal trap and fell to death. CB attempted suicide to join her son in death but Fuheng saved her (and that's her reason for holding a grudge against him). CB then told (more like realizing) YL that her planning actually helped YL to regain back QL's favour. Because of QL feeling guilty that YL suffered through the house arrest (being starved to death) and his suspicion that she may eloped with Fuheng, he will become more doting on YL and the setup made their relationship even stronger than before. CB then asked YL what is her final trick and YL said, she is pregnant. CB said her plan to destroy them all would have worked if only Fuheng wasn't a coward who choose to bless YL to resume her life as a consort to QL instead of finally getting to marry the woman he loves. But YL said, it's not because Fuheng blessed her, it's because Fuheng understands her. And YL said, she has made decision to re-enter the palace (refer to episode 42) to become QL's consort and she still stand by her decision (thus never thought of eloping). Before YL left, she asked CB why she never mentioned anything about her husband and so CB said she does not have her husband. She said her beauty is a curse and she is just a toy being passed around among men. CB said YL is very fortunate because she has 2 men who really love her. CB said she tried everything to win QL's heart but all he think of is YL and she tried everything to tempt Fuheng to go with her plan but all he cared about was YL's best interest. CB finally asked YL, between these two men, who is the one YL actually love? YL didn't answer and told CB to continue pretending to be crazy as that is the only reason that will keep her alive.

I don't know if Step Empress know about QL fake doting on CB to win YL back, though I think not likely. I guess they all thought CB fell out of QL's favour for trying to frame YL and attempting to murder QL, and YL being coincidentally pregnant, thus returning to his good grace. The only people who likely knew of QL's strategy are CB and YL. Interestingly, they were surprised (esp YCW)  by her pregnancy. Because for all they knew, QL no longer favoured her, not likely visiting her and how did she ended up getting pregnant? LOL. 

In episode 52, before Consort Yu being imprisoned in her palace, she whispered to Yongqi to listen and obey YL from that moment on. She knew what her fate would be after the staged poisoning incident (she was sent to temple to become a nun) and she knew YL will protect Yongqi. 

In episode 48, De Sheng asking Li Yu of what is so special about YL since QL dotes on her so much, so LY let DS witnessed them being lovey-dovey while doing the painting. After witnessing the lovebirds, DS said that YL is very brave. DS said, he never came across a person that brave who dared to say that the emperor has bad taste and the emperor's poems are not good. DS said that YL seems to put her life at risk all the time. LY told DS that he also never came across a woman like YL but the fact that she treated QL like he is just an ordinary person and not an emperor (seems to imply that she treated him like a man instead of a ruler to respect and abide) is what made QL feels that YL is very special.

Ok, there you have it.:lol:

@Cedric Ong Thanks for the info on the jade ring. 

Anyway, I read some updates on wikipedia on Consort Ling. It was mentioned that she was granted the title of Imperial Noble Consort Lingyi right after her death in 1775., then when QL abdicated, he elevated her to the title of Empress Xiaoyi in 1796. It was only after QL's death and Jiaqing inherited the throne that her son gave her the title Empress Xiaoyichun. Don't know what's the difference between "Empress Xiaoyi" and "Empress Xiaoyichun".

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, jadore1 said:

No wonder i love this woman ...she is one true SiStar that a person can depend on :star:    I am up to ep 16 in subs now ...so for me even though i watched 70 episodes without understanding one word ...ok nya nya ..i got that LOL  this re watching with subs is like a brand new drama , since i am able to get to the verbal exchange between these two. So since ep 10 i am glued to the exchange between them...and even when she is kneeling , he is so aware of her on some level, that he makes a point of speaking directly and personally to her ..of course chastising her but baby he can't walk by her without acknowledging her , a lowly maid haha . When YL ran into him to slow him down in ep 16 and splashed the water all over him, he was so furious and yet he never kicked her, only the water dish. To me this is precious considering that he uses his feet indiscriminately on everybody and everything. 

I love the early episodes and the early interaction between them. It was really funny to watch QL thinking too highly of himself when he thought that YL purposely tripped and splashed the water on him as an attempt to seduce him. As he quoted, she tried seducing him either because she was infatuated by him or because she wanted power and status. Both his predictions were wrong. LOL. And that incident was the moment when he basically eye her all the time, thus falling for her. 

• LOL 1

@lyserose I'm running out of ways to say thank you and you're the best but THANK YOU and YOU'RE THE BEST. Your translations make this thread so much better!!!

I was hoping that you could translate the Ming Yu/Ying Luo scene in 43, the morning after QL spends the night with YL. MY asks if YL is happy and then I'm lost.

1 hour ago, lyserose said:

Anyway, I read some updates on wikipedia on Consort Ling. It was mentioned that she was granted the title of Imperial Noble Consort Lingyi right after her death in 1775., then when QL abdicated, he elevated her to the title of Empress Xiaoyi in 1796. It was only after QL's death and Jiaqing inherited the throne that her son gave her the title Empress Xiaoyichun. Don't know what's the difference between "Empress Xiaoyi" and "Empress Xiaoyichun".

No. The rank doesn't change at all. It's a protocol to add a character.....either to be specially selected by the Emperor to represent the person.....or to mark them as his wife (after death).

She was Imperial Noble Consort Ling 令皇貴妃 in 1765.

After she died in 1775,  she was renamed as Imperial Noble Consort Lingyi  令懿皇貴妃. Ling is her name (not birthname but sort of a surname used in the palace), the 2nd char Yi means perfect...probably how he viewed her. 

Interesting this Yi is the same char in the other drama Ru Yi Legend.

When Qianlong abdicated in favour of Yongyan, at the same time, he elevated her to Empress Xiaoyi 孝儀皇后 in 1796.  Xiao means filial piety. Yi here probably means proper etiquette or manners. (interesting this isn't how we look at Yingluo in the drama...haha)

Here the Xiao is a fixed char, i found Fuca empress was called Empress XiaoXian 孝賢皇后. Xian means virtuous...so the 2nd char is the different, specially selected one.

* I do feel that it is an important point, Qianlong himself granted her the position, not by her son or not due to some automatic protocol. He could have skipped it. B'cos many new emperors' birth mother (who are consorts) automatically rose to Dowager Empress even posthumously. Probably like some people said, Ling's family background placed some restriction in the past....and Qianlong also didn't want to expose who's the next Emperor so soon (if he granted her the title, people will know).....or more neutrally, he hadn't confirmed if it would be her son.

But as soon as the next Emperor was confirmed, he granted her that honour of being an Empress. Nobody will object.

Then after Qianlong died in 1799, her son then granted her the name of Empress Xiaoyichun 孝儀純皇后. It's protocol to do so.

The 3rd char Chun 純 is another fixed char. Fuca also got it added after she died. It means Pure. This char is added b'cos Qianlong has it too.

Every emperor himself also had a different posthumous char added. QIanlong's is Chun. Only Empress(es) can have this Chun added (after death)....as his proper wives. Consorts and below don't.

U can check his wiki....on the right column under "Posthumous name". The full name is super long....the last char is Chun.

Emperor Fatian Longyun Zhicheng Xianjue Tiyuan Liji Fuwen Fenwu Qinming Xiaoci Shensheng Chun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qianlong_Emperor

Then for his father Yongzheng,  it's Emperor Jingtian Changyun Jianzhong Biaozhen Wenwu Yingming Kuanren Xinyi Ruisheng Daxiao Zhicheng Xian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yongzheng_Emperor

And if u check his 2 empress under Family, they also ended with Xian 憲. So this follows the husband.

Simply put, it's to mark them as his.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, believed said:

@lyserose I'm running out of ways to say thank you and you're the best but THANK YOU and YOU'RE THE BEST. Your translations make this thread so much better!!!

I was hoping that you could translate the Ming Yu/Ying Luo scene in 43, the morning after QL spends the night with YL. MY asks if YL is happy and then I'm lost.

Thank you. I feel truly embarrassed by your compliment but still, thank you. Tbh, doing translation is the one thing I enjoy as I can keep talking about this drama with someone. LOL. And it's something that we all can enjoy and discuss. 

On Ming Yu/Ying Luo scene in episode 43, the morning after YL's first night with QL ...

Spoiler

MY asked YL if she is happy and YL said since she is closer to achieve her mission (that is taking revenge on Consort Chun), ofc she is happy. MY told YL that she knew YL is working very hard and in return, she will work hard too for her. MY praised YL for being very smart as she could win the emperor's heart. YL chided MY for being so naive and told her that sleeping with QL isn't the same as winning his heart. YL explained that to QL, YL is his new favourite toy and after a certain time, he would get bored of her. YL said she still has a lot of works to do to win QL's heart and rank to the position where she could take down Consort Chun.

Please do note that on the night that YL first slept with QL, Hailancha caught MY crying where she told him that she felt guilty towards YL. MY said, YL could have left the palace (once she reached 25yo), but she ended up giving herself to QL to not only avenging Fuca, but also to protect MY. And now YL is forever trapped in the Forbidden City. She blamed herself for creating this fate on YL.

On a personal opinion..... while I do agree with YL's opinion that QL may get bored of her after some time, there are certain elements that I think she underestimated his feelings for her. If YL happened to behave like the rest of QL's concubines, yes, no doubt, he will grew tired of her because he found nothing special in her. But unlike his other concubines where they were either gifted or entered the palace after going through the selection, QL actually had to fight a lot to have her. It was already a long harboured feelings from his side. It was mentioned in subsequent scenes that QL never visited his new concubine 3 nights in a row as he did with YL which his other wives find unusual.

@Cedric Ong Again. Can't thank you enough. Sometimes wikipedia has a way to confuse me. I remember reading it differently last time and now the updates got me all tangled up. Plus, watching Ruyi and reading some theories from the other forum made me confused at times. From the little that I read about QL, he seems quite forgiving judging that he restored the title of Emperor Dorgon, his brother Hongshi and his uncle Yunsi, so it's really intriguing to know why he despised Step Empress that much till he could not find a time in his life to actually forgive and restore her titles.

Oh, and I just came across the trailer of the new drama featuring QL and YL, "The Legend of Haolan" on IG, which I am excited to watch.Too bad, I can't share it here since I don't know how to embed from IG.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lyserose said:

Reveal hidden contents

Before the argument, QL was very angry at YL for poisoning Er Qing because she is a minister's wife/a noblewoman. But as expected by Empress Xian, QL would only get angry with her temporarily and would go running back to her soon and she was right. He was ready to go to her, only for Empress Xian to intercept and told him about YL taking anti-pregnancy medicine.

1) QL asked YL why she took the birth control medicine but she didn't answer him. So, he came up with all his theories and assumption and simply ask her to verify with a "yes" or "no".

2) QL said, YL set up every event from winning Dowager's favour at Yuan Ming Garden (refer to episode 42) which actually her attempt to get into QL's harem and she said YES.

4) QL said that YL pulled a string on him, playing with his heart so that she could get promoted till she could reach a level where she can take her revenge on Consort Chun and she said YES. 

5) QL said, once YL had taken her revenge, she feels that QL could no longer be toyed around and so treating him coldly and distancing herself from him --- YL hesitated and her initial answer was "If you already know the answer, then why are you asking?" --- but QL demanded an answer and she said YES. 

6) YL then confirmed to QL that it was because of wanting to avenge Fuca that she decided to become QL's concubine.

7) QL, though heartbroken, didn't give up hope and so he asked her why did YL gifted him the fur hat (if she really has no love for him) and YL said, because she felt guilty since he treated her too well. 

8) QL summed up that to YL, he means nothing to her but just a piece of chess for her scheming. 

9) YL obviously angry with QL, accusing him of cheating on Fuca and asked him why he needs to love Er Qing out of all women but QL defended that he is innocent but YL insisted to believe that he is guilty. QL said, so in YL's eyes, he is a lecherous man who bedded his official's wife.

10) YL said that QL is cruel for making use of Fuca's death to punish his officials and QL explained that he needs a reason to punish those corrupt officials and Fuca is to serve her purpose as an Empress even in death.

11) QL then said to YL that she finally poured out her real feelings and that he had been too nice to her. Then he reminded her that he is an Emperor and that an Emperor is cruel. He said that whether she is willing or not, YL is his and will spend the rest of her life trapped in the Forbidden City.

12) Then before he left, he told her to no longer consume the birth control medicine since he won't visit her anymore.

Please note that YL left with Dowager is not directly related to this arguement. It was some arguement between QL and Dowager concerning his birth mother that Dowager left to Yuan Ming Garden and brought along YL with her. 

It is also important to know that prior to this QL already suspected that YL got together with him to lead him to the truth about Consort Chun and all her evil deeds (he voiced this suspicion in episode 52). Thus, her consuming of the anti pregnancy medicine deemed to confirm his suspicion and guess, he already had all those theories in mind when he confronted her. 

Hide contents

YL told CB that her family members (actually referring to the lord and his clan who gifted CB to QL) were all sentenced to death because of her attempt murder on QL (she tried to kill him with a hairpin). YL said she finally understand why CB did the murder attempt in public when she could kill QL secretly. It was because she wanted to bring down her family members. CB told YL that in order to return into QL's good grace, the lord looked for the most beautiful maiden in his village and they came across CB. She was drugged and kidnapped and only agreed to enter the palace because the lord held her son as ransom. On the way to the Forbidden City, her maid told CB that her son who tried to look for his mother fell into a hunter's animal trap and fell to death. CB attempted suicide to join her son in death but Fuheng saved her (and that's her reason for holding a grudge against him). CB then told (more like realizing) YL that her planning actually helped YL to regain back QL's favour. Because of QL feeling guilty that YL suffered through the house arrest (being starved to death) and his suspicion that she may eloped with Fuheng, he will become more doting on YL and the setup made their relationship even stronger than before. CB then asked YL what is her final trick and YL said, she is pregnant. CB said her plan to destroy them all would have worked if only Fuheng wasn't a coward who choose to bless YL to resume her life as a consort to QL instead of finally getting to marry the woman he loves. But YL said, it's not because Fuheng blessed her, it's because Fuheng understands her. And YL said, she has made decision to re-enter the palace (refer to episode 42) to become QL's consort and she still stand by her decision (thus never thought of eloping). Before YL left, she asked CB why she never mentioned anything about her husband and so CB said she does not have her husband. She said her beauty is a curse and she is just a toy being passed around among men. CB said YL is very fortunate because she has 2 men who really love her. CB said she tried everything to win QL's heart but all he think of is YL and she tried everything to tempt Fuheng to go with her plan but all he cared about was YL's best interest. CB finally asked YL, between these two men, who is the one YL actually love? YL didn't answer and told CB to continue pretending to be crazy as that is the only reason that will keep her alive.

I don't know if Step Empress know about QL fake doting on CB to win YL back, though I think not likely. I guess they all thought CB fell out of QL's favour for trying to frame YL and attempting to murder QL, and YL being coincidentally pregnant, thus returning to his good grace. The only people who likely knew of QL's strategy are CB and YL. Interestingly, they were surprised (esp YCW)  by her pregnancy. Because for all they knew, QL no longer favoured her, not likely visiting her and how did she ended up getting pregnant? LOL. 

In episode 52, before Consort Yu being imprisoned in her palace, she whispered to Yongqi to listen and obey YL from that moment on. She knew what her fate would be after the staged poisoning incident (she was sent to temple to become a nun) and she knew YL will protect Yongqi. 

In episode 48, De Sheng asking Li Yu of what is so special about YL since QL dotes on her so much, so LY let DS witnessed them being lovey-dovey while doing the painting. After witnessing the lovebirds, DS said that YL is very brave. DS said, he never came across a person that brave who dared to say that the emperor has bad taste and the emperor's poems are not good. DS said that YL seems to put her life at risk all the time. LY told DS that he also never came across a woman like YL but the fact that she treated QL like he is just an ordinary person and not an emperor (seems to imply that she treated him like a man instead of a ruler to respect and abide) is what made QL feels that YL is very special.

:lol:

Thank you so much...:kiss_wink: @lyserose I'm glad for having you here to help translate about Yanxi. 

I think YCW really and truly a good brother until he decided to return on YL's side and became spy for Empress Xian. At the very beginning until at Yuan Ming Garden, they really have nice relationship but later he decided to revenge on YL for leaving him and became QL's concubine.

And again pls help translate about ep.58...when YL decided to go back to Forbidden City and she was surprised after arrived at Yanxi Palace. Then Ming Yue mentioned Emperor..did YL surprised because Yanxi Palace still looks good and not been abandoned when she was not around for 3 yrs? Is it because QL ask maid to care of it? And did he aware of YL return to Yanxi? 

And Ep.59.. dialogue between YL and QL when he visited her the night after she came back to Yanxi. And QL's monologue when he slept with her?

--------

p.s thank you for asking about the wiki update on the changes of fact about Consort Ling. 

I was wondering about that too. I thought title of Empress Xiaoyi and Xiaoyichun was given by Emperor Qianlong but then I found out Xiaoyichun was given by her son, Emperor Jiaqing.

Now i have a doubt whether QL ever did elevated Consort Ling to be an Empress. Can we trust on Wikipedia? since anyone can update and make an edit there. I wonder is there any other source that can be confirmed QL did make her an Empress without  relying on wiki fact. Since some article I googled, her son make her an Empress and not QL.

------------

@Cedric Ong do you have any info about the funeral of Consort Ling? I read she was given a funeral close to like a funeral of an Empress although she was just an Imperial Noble Consort.

Wonder why Fragrance Consort did not buried together with QL since he doted and favoured her so much.

Why there are difference meaning between 'YI' in Xiaoyi and Lingyi?

Previously you mentioned her title Imperial Noble Concert Ling'YI'..means wonderful or perfect(?) and Empress Xiao'YI' means proper etiquette/ manner.

• Like 2

For episode 43, when Step-empress maid asked the empress on why shes helping Yingluo to become a concubine, The empress said that its about time Noble Consort Chun has a competition. If step empress wants to help and use Yingluo to defeat Noble Consort Chun, why did she send Yingluo to live at Yanxi Palace (the palace that is the farthest away from other palaces)? Im not sure her motive here haha and also I thought only Pin, Fei and the higher rank can live in the main residence of the palace. How come Yingluo gets to live in the main residence as a noble lady? 

Also, i always wonder if Yingluo didnt return to the palace after being told about Chen Bi, I wonder if Qianlong would eventually give in and come to Yuan Ming Garden to reside with her hehe

im also excited for beauty hao lan!! Nie Yuan and Wu Jin Yan reunion! Btw i spotted a kiss scene btw them in the trailer (she kissed him the way Yingluo kissed Qianlong in ep 59 Lol). Hopefully, its not a tragedy, but these two characters didnt really have a good ending in history. :/

11 minutes ago, harooxxx said:

p.s thank you for asking about the wiki update on the changes of fact about Consort Ling. 

I was wondering about that too. I thought title of Empress Xiaoyi and Xiaoyichun was given by Emperor Qianlong but then I found out Xiaoyichun was given by her son, Emperor Jiaqing.

Now i have a doubt whether QL ever did elevated Consort Ling to be an Empress. Can we trust on Wikipedia? since anyone can update and make an edit there. I wonder is there any other source that can be confirmed QL did make her an Empress without  relying on wiki fact. Since some article I googled, her son make her an Empress and not QL.

-----------------------

Chinese source if u can read chinese.

https://baike.baidu.com/item/孝仪纯皇后

I try to find english source non-related to wiki and came across this book. There is a paragraph on Qianlong elevating her to Empress Xiaoyi posthumously.

https://books.google.com.sg/books?id=_e7-CgAAQBAJ&pg=PT139&lpg=PT139&dq=qianlong+xiaoyi&source=bl&ots=Ky7YVgHP9M&sig=RhZidtK3APsTY5JoTE52v73QnNk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiJ2onx2pXeAhXDdH0KHR0bDy0Q6AEwA3oECAIQAQ#v=onepage&q=qianlong xiaoyi&f=false

Think ppl are confused when they read her son conferred the title of Empress Xiaoyichun and missed the earlier part where Qianlong did confer the Empress title at the same time he passed his crown. At that time the edict was still from him as Emperor.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, harooxxx said:

@Cedric Ong do you have any info about the funeral of Consort Ling? I read she was given a funeral close to like a funeral of an Empress although she was just an Imperial Noble Consort.

Wonder why Fragrance Consort did not buried together with QL since he doted and favoured her so much.

Why there are difference meaning between 'YI' in Xiaoyi and Lingyi?

Previously you mentioned her title Imperial Noble Concert Ling'YI'..means wonderful or perfect(?) and Empress Xiao'YI' means proper etiquette/ manner.

Will check n reply later.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lyserose said:

I have posted their dialogue in as much details as possible (I hope :)) in page 19, but I will post it again here for you under spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

@lyserose thank you so much for your explaination for eps 55. Now I understand. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, harooxxx said:

Thank you so much...:kiss_wink: @lyserose I'm glad for having you here to help translate about Yanxi. 

I think YCW really and truly a good brother until he decided to return on YL's side and became spy for Empress Xian. At the very beginning until at Yuan Ming Garden, they really have nice relationship but later he decided to revenge on YL for leaving him and became QL's concubine.

And again pls help translate about ep.58...when YL decided to go back to Forbidden City and she was surprised after arrived at Yanxi Palace. Then Ming Yue mentioned Emperor..did YL surprised because Yanxi Palace still looks good and not been abandoned when she was not around for 3 yrs? Is it because QL ask maid to care of it? And did he aware of YL return to Yanxi? 

And Ep.59.. dialogue between YL and QL when he visited her the night after she came back to Yanxi. And QL's monologue when he slept with her?

You are most welcome.

YCW was a good brother but he is too possessive. And tbh, I don't believe his words when he told YL that he wouldn't mind YL marrying any other man except QL because he sabotaged YL and Fuheng's chances several times too. He just wanted to keep her all to himself.

Spoiler

On YL's return to Yanxi Palace in episode 58

YL was greeted with her palace still in good keep. MY praised  Xiao Yuan Zhi (he was sent back earlier) for getting things done despite the short period. XYZ said when he came back, Yanxi palace was already in good keep so MY made a remarks that QL still care about YL that he ensure her palace being in good keep and YL was happy to hear that too. Turned out, it was Step Empress who ordered for Yanxi palace to be restored as it was to welcome YL back (since Step Empress had wanted to ask YL to join her to take down Chen Bi). On whether QL was aware that YL had return to Yanxi..... yes but he didn't visit her immediately. He told Step Empress to let Chen Bi learn palace etiquette at Yanxi (his move to make YL jealous of CB) but he was disturbed when Step Empress mentioned that YL has been sick since in Yuan Ming Garden. It was only after Fuheng told him that YL returned to the palace 3 days after learning about Chen Bi that QL visited her.

The dialogue in episode 59 when he visited her and saw her for the first time after 3 years

QL was not happy when he heard that YL was sick partially because of improper eating schedules. MY said, YL has been copying Buddhist script with ink mixed with blood, thus affecting her diet. When he first walked in and YL greeted him, he was being petty when he told her to not do the curtsy since she is sick and there was no need to pretend to be strong.  When YL cleared the table, he saw the marks on her fingers and YL explained it was the effect of dropping blood. He ordered YL to stop copying the script (since her health has been affected) but YL said, she had to disobey him since she had to keep her promise to Dowager about the script. QL then said, initially he didn't want to care at all about YL but she has been taking good care (on his behalf) of Dowager. He said since YL chose to continue copying the script with blood ink, she should not blame others for whatever consequences after that. When QL was about to walk out, YL reminded him of his promise (refer to episode 48 where she came to see him in guard's uniform) to not allow anyone bully her. She said, everyone in the harem saw QL visiting Yanxi palace that night and if he walked out on her, how would she be able to regain her place in the palace. So, QL agreed to a sleepover at Yanxi only to give face to YL and childishly said "The rest, don't even dream of it". LOL

On QL's monologue after he slept with YL....

He said "You know the thing that I really want to know (whether YL loves him or not) but why are you not giving me the answer...". QL never asked the question directly, in fact when YL told him about taking the anti-pregnancy medicine and told QL to put the past behind and stop being angry at her, QL said to her that she knew he wasn't angry only because of her taking birth control medicine, thus hoping she would satisfy him with an answer regarding her true feeling for him (like he told Chen Bi, he could not accept that he has no place in YL's heart).

7 hours ago, ChloeR said:

For episode 43, when Step-empress maid asked the empress on why shes helping Yingluo to become a concubine, The empress said that its about time Noble Consort Chun has a competition. If step empress wants to help and use Yingluo to defeat Noble Consort Chun, why did she send Yingluo to live at Yanxi Palace (the palace that is the farthest away from other palaces)? Im not sure her motive here haha and also I thought only Pin, Fei and the higher rank can live in the main residence of the palace. How come Yingluo gets to live in the main residence as a noble lady? 

Also, i always wonder if Yingluo didnt return to the palace after being told about Chen Bi, I wonder if Qianlong would eventually give in and come to Yuan Ming Garden to reside with her hehe

im also excited for beauty hao lan!! Nie Yuan and Wu Jin Yan reunion! Btw i spotted a kiss scene btw them in the trailer (she kissed him the way Yingluo kissed Qianlong in ep 59 Lol). Hopefully, its not a tragedy, but these two characters didnt really have a good ending in history. :/

I think because Step Empress knew of YL's capability and probably, she could sensed that she had a motivation for joining the harem. Plus, she told Zhen Er that she never intended to help YL and if she is to rise in ranks, she would need to work hard herself, thus placing her at Yanxi. Regarding her owning a residence even still a noble lady, could probably be an overlooking on the writing I guess. As I read in earlier posts, the remote palace like Yanxi normally a residence for lower ranking concubines where a number of them live together, but here we only have YL residing it. Probably because it has long been abandoned, thus Step Empress feel it's ok she took over the palace.

QL definitely won't reside at Yuan Ming Garden. He is an emperor. Haha. Perhaps he would use other way to bring YL back or may be, like Dowager told YL, if she chose to continue to stay there, the emperor would forgotten about her. Even without Chen Bi, eventually YL would return but probably not that soon. She spent so much effort to win QL's heart and she was already in love with him by then, she won't want to waste all her years of hardwork.

Did you get to watch the trailer video elsewhere other than IG? I couldn't really have clear view, I noticed the kiss but couldn't spot who's the guy. They are not going to have a happy ending in that drama for sure. She played his concubine whom he gave away to the Prince of Qin and his character ended in suicide. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In Eps 63/64, after the drama with CB, QL asked YL to follow him in and asked YL “when did she know about CB?” If I understand correctly, YL never answered QL. Did YL know CB is disguising to harm QL? (I gathered YL knew QL was using CB to make YL jealous but did YL actually know CB entered palace to take revenge?)