[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

Hi everyone :D Can I join this forum??  :phew: At first I didn't intend to watch this drama because of the writter KES. I have  nothing against her or anything but I feel always too much overwhelmed when watching her dramas for unknown reasons lol. I didn't like Heirs (I only watched for Kim Ji Won and Kim Woo Bin because they're my favs) but I liked DotS and Goblin. Even if they had flaws. But still her dramas are overwhelming, if that make sense ?
But actually I think I'll change my mind. I like Kim Tae Ri and Kim Min Jung and Byun Yo Han as actors. And here all the characters seems interesting.
I think I like Kudo Hina (Kim Min Jung) the most.  She seems like a lonely and sad, yet powerful woman. I feel like her Glory Hotel is gonna play a very important part in the drama. :D
Go Ae Shin next because she seems awesome and not easily impressioned by people. B)

And Kim Hee Sung next. He seems like such a tragic character. I already feel his pain :tears:

• Like 1

Sharing a news update after a gap of 18 hours, hopefully it's not strictly considered as "continuous posting" ..

June 29, 2018

The Calm before the Storm

MR.SUNSHINE: Lee Byung Hun - Yoo Yeon Seok, Opposing Encounter

Source: tvN / Sports Chosun ++ 

ms130.jpg

On June 29 (Friday) at 11:40 pm, a special episode "Mr. Sunshine: The Beginning of History" will be broadcast ahead of the first episode on July 7th. This special airing is expected to bring excitement to the audience with the interviews of the five leading actors including drama highlights featuring scenes of Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Ri, Yoo Yeon Seok, Kim Min Jung and Byun Yo Han. ( ~ could be the compilation of film-making footage, behind-the-scenes and interview videos that tvN took down from Youtube recently?)

• Like 2

I really like the Netflix trailer which hints at the potential love story between the leads. I sense it is going to be heartbreaking. 

Lee Byun Hun gives off a manly and macho but lonely vibe which is quite refreshing, compared to the trend in kdrama of casting younger actors or idols as male leads in the last few years.

The playboy like vagabond character of Kim Hee Sung played by Byun Yo Han also seems interesting and refreshing.

Last but not least, I am anticipating to watch Kim Tae Ri and Kim Min Jung play the female lead characters which on first look, seem to be strong, fiery but tragic at the same time. 

• Like 4

I have a theory since Kim Ji Won and Jin Goo are appearing...

Maybe the characters that they are playing are Myung Ju and Dae Young in their past lives. Maybe they could be playing Eugene's parents and died when he was a child. But they got their happy ending in Descendants of the Sun:blush: !

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 6/28/2018 at 7:18 PM, YuukiH said:

Hi everyone :D Can I join this forum??  :phew: At first I didn't intend to watch this drama because of the writter KES. I have  nothing against her or anything but I feel always too much overwhelmed when watching her dramas for unknown reasons lol. I didn't like Heirs (I only watched for Kim Ji Won and Kim Woo Bin because they're my favs) but I liked DotS and Goblin. Even if they had flaws. But still her dramas are overwhelming, if that make sense ?
But actually I think I'll change my mind. I like Kim Tae Ri and Kim Min Jung and Byun Yo Han as actors. And here all the characters seems interesting.
I think I like Kudo Hina (Kim Min Jung) the most.  She seems like a lonely and sad, yet powerful woman. I feel like her Glory Hotel is gonna play a very important part in the drama. :D
Go Ae Shin next because she seems awesome and not easily impressioned by people. B)

And Kim Hee Sung next. He seems like such a tragic character. I already feel his pain :tears:

Welcome :D. I also just decided to camp here a few days ago but it seems very quiet here. So few people watching this drama?

I am watching for Lee Byun Hun and Kim Min Jung originally but the characters play by Kim Tae Ri and Byun Yo Han also caught my attention as their characters seem very interesting from the trailers.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, kimtaerifan said:
This was aired today, June 29th.  Check out the link below for the full video:

https://m.tv.naver.com/v/3513922

Some captures from the segment shown last night, from OSEN.

ms134.jpg

Spoiler

ms133.jpg

Hi everyone joining the forum! th_wave.gif It's really good to see more drama fans joining the thread. It's been a bit slow previously but now things are definitely heating up for MR.SUNSHINE. With just 6 days to go, the rising anticipation is undeniable indeed. Hopefully it will surpass the (higher-than-usual) expectation and more. Truthfully it's quite nerve-wrecking at times to talk, post and share about the drama for reason(s) that's been highlighted & scrutinized everywhere... the male lead, the age-gap, the script, forum rules etc but hopefully everything can be discussed positively once the drama starts next Saturday. Just next week! :lol: Not sure if there'll be live streaming like before.. since this will be on Netflix. Hope to share resources with everyone via PM. MR.SUNSHINE fighting, everyone take care!

• Like 4

Hopefully, once MR.SUNSHINE starts airing, the main drama cast would all be included in the rankings ~

June 29, 2018

June Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

Kim-Da-Mi-Kim-Tae-Ri-Kim-Sung-Ryung-XPN.jpg

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, communication, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars using big data collected from May 28 to June 29.

Newcomer Kim Da Mi made her debut in the rankings at No. 1 for June. The rookie actress, who is starring in the newly released film “The Witch” (literal title), scored a brand reputation index of 4,485,075. Her highest-ranking related terms for the month included “strong,” “refreshing,” and “looking forward to her.”

Actress Kim Tae Ri took second place in this month’s rankings with a brand reputation index of 4,258,941, marking a 42.95 percent increase from her April score.

Kim Sung Ryung, another new addition to the rankings, came in at a close third with a brand reputation index of 4,047,457 for June.

Check out the top 30 below!

1. Kim Da Mi
2. Kim Tae Ri
3. Kim Sung Ryung
4. Ryu Jun Yeol
5. Kwon Sang Woo
6. Jo Min Soo
7. Lee Byung Hun
8. Sung Dong Il
9. Han Hyo Joo
10. Kang Dong Won
11. Lee Jung Hyun
12. Jo Jin Woong
13. Son Ye Jin
14. Gong Yoo
15. Jang Dong Gun
16. Choi Woo Shik
17. Kim Hae Sook
18. Park Hee Soon
19. Kim Hee Ae
20. Park Sung Woong
21. Song Ji Hyo
22. Jung Joon Ho
23. Lee Yong Nyeo
24. Kim Hwan Hee
25. Jung Woo
26. Ha Jung Woo
27. Cha Tae Hyun
28. Lee Jong Suk
29. Kim Soo Hyun
30. Lee Kwang Soo

Spoiler

Movie-Star-Rankings.jpg

Source (1)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 2

9 hours ago, charray said:

Welcome :D. I also just decided to camp here a few days ago but it seems very quiet here. So few people watching this drama?

I am watching for Lee Byun Hun and Kim Min Jung originally but the characters play by Kim Tae Ri and Byun Yo Han also caught my attention as their characters seem very interesting from the trailers.

I don't know but I think it's less popoular internationally than Goblin or DotS because both leads are more movies actors than little screen actors, and dramas are the most watched internationally... but still I believe the drama is well anticipated in S.Korea because all actors are amazing and loved there :D

Lee Byun Hun have such a powerful presence it's scary, he's good B) 
Kim Min Jung is my fav too ha ha :wub: I can't wait to see her fencing scenes!
Byun Yo Han character seems so interesting and BYH is doing that, everytime he attract people  with how he portrays his characters it's crazy :tears:
I think so too, the tailer did such a good job to put spotlight on all main characters I love it :D

17 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

I have a theory since Kim Ji Won and Jin Goo are appearing...

Maybe the characters that they are playing are Myung Ju and Dae Young in their past lives. Maybe they could be playing Eugene's parents and died when he was a child. But they got their happy ending in Descendants of the Sun:blush: !

I think Jiwon will make a cameo as (Kim Tae Ri) Ae Shin's mom. We see her carrying a baby in her arms (in the 14m trailer) but I think she'll die right away when Ae Shin is still a baby :bawling:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 4