[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

10 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Oh wow Re the adorable cookies! That is pretty accurate looking chibi character cookies!! Fuyao wearing the fake Folian red costume cookie!! I need a photo of WuFu cookies sooooo cute. Def would not eat it. Oh wait! That is Wuji in white in the last photo but his jaw is off hence I didn’t recognize him lol! Bad cookie! 

yeah.. fuyao with that red costumes is so sweet and cute...

right.. Wuji's chin and jaw are not printed on the cookies, maybe they have trouble making it because it is very special....LOL

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Di~ said:

Yeah you should try both. It’s up to you which one first. Those 2 drama are the most successful drama in China. And they are really successful too overseas. Maybe you’ll regret watching PA but well at least you’ve tried it. 

I don’t have any regrets but i realized that people who loved HE hated the ending. But I loved it till the end. I even managed to get some of my friends who hate chinese series to watch and discussed it everyday (but they complained everyday about how bad the CGI was) Haha. I must admit it’s far from perfect. The production value is not that great but well I loved it. 

But you can not deny it’s really succesful. And it’s more successful than Fuyao in China. 

I watched PA and I must say I was really pissed at the ending. I invested 3 months for that drama and then bam! THE END. I remember a lot of people on PA thread felt really cheated by the ending. It seems that Ciwen and Hunan TV butchered it. But if you're looking for a great chemistry between the OTP then you should watch it.

Overall I still prefer LoF than PA. As for TMOPB I like the second lead couple more (Vengo and Reba) than the main couple (YM and MC). 

BTW, I'm glad this thread is still alive.  Most thread will be dead once the drama is over. I guess all of us here can't move on yet from our wufu :D

5 hours ago, pawla said:

I watched PA and I must say I was really pissed at the ending. I invested 3 months for that drama and then bam! THE END. I remember a lot of people on PA thread felt really cheated by the ending. It seems that Ciwen and Hunan TV butchered it. But if you're looking for a great chemistry between the OTP then you should watch it.

The ending made me cry so hard. I’ve never cried that hard in my life just because of a drama. But well, I’m still waiting for PA 2. Hopefully ciwen understands that many of us are still waiting for it. 

The great chemistry between the OTP was the main reason why I loved it. 

Hello everyone

I still visit the forum and read your discussions ^^. I am still in Love with Legend of Fuyao and can't get enough of it ^^,  rewatching until now episodes and moments between lovely Wufu ^^

I could see that the rating for example in dramalist website dropped ( from 9.3 to 8.8), I can understand that some parts especially Tiansha arc disappointed many but still i think this series is one of the best, Great acting, wonderful OST, cinematography ...  And a happy ending ^^

25 minutes ago, Di~ said:

The ending made me cried so hard. I’ve never cried that hard in my life just because of a drama. But well, I’m still waiting for PA 2. Hopefully ciwen understands that many of us are still waiting for it. 

The great chemistry between the OTP was the main reason why I loved it. 

@Di~ Is it confirmed that there will be second part of Princess Agent?!! The end made me speechless and so sad >_< 

47 minutes ago, mayra83 said:

@Di~ Is it confirmed that there will be second part of Princess Agent?!! The end made me speechless and so sad >_< 

I read the novel for PA before the drama. Definitely tons of change to characters and plot but I could accept them. I enjoyed the beginning to mid-way and since I like all the main actors and actresses it was different. First time seeing Shawn and Li Qin and for me they stole the show! However, the writing for the second half was very weak, the pacing was slow and then boom - abrupt, cliff hanger and incomplete ending!!  Everyone felt cheated because there was so much more to the story!!!! That wasn’t how the novel ended. I know fans want part 2 but I felt the stars are over it and don’t want to work with the company again. Prayers for the fans to get their wish though and I would probably watch it lol.

2 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

It's so funny... i like it. The second photo is likes when it snows, fuyao was drunk and wuji comes to comfort her.:D

Yeah...that is the same drunk talk scene.

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

Wow. Paper clay dolls of WuFu!!!! This scene - I want her to add fake snow and the table with wine cups. 

PS: no one gets Wuji’s jaw right lol

Ethan's jaw is very special, you can see it only in his pics and video/drama/movie :lol: 

4 hours ago, mayra83 said:

There have been tons of rumours about it but nothing is confirmed tho. 

Just keep your finger crossed. But honestly I kinda doubt that we’ll get to see the same casts again. Some of them especially Deng Lun is getting really popular and he’s in high demand now. Not to mention that Shawn and Liqin are also getting popular and busier too. Thus it’d be kinda impossible for all of them to collaborate in the same drama together again. I just hope that ZLY and LGX can come back and bring their excellent chemistry once again. 

3 hours ago, stella77 said:

I read the novel for PA before the drama. Definitely tons of change to characters and plot but I could accept them. I enjoyed the beginning to mid-way and since I like all the main actors and actresses it was different. First time seeing Shawn and Li Qin and for me they stole the show! However, the writing for the second half was very weak, the pacing was slow and then boom - abrupt, cliff hanger and incomplete ending!!  Everyone felt cheated because there was so much more to the story!!!! That wasn’t how the novel ended. I know fans want part 2 but I felt the stars are over it and don’t want to work with the company again. Prayers for the fans to get their wish though and I would probably watch it lol.

Yeah Shawn and Liqin definitely stole the show! But ZLY also did great. LGX was also not bad. 

Everything you said about the second half of the show was spot on. 

Here is my list...

Irritating scenes

1. When Pei Yuan was bad mouthing fuyao after the last round of competition. I wanted to slap her hard.

2. The fiasco in ep 33 because of folian. And hate her for touching Wuji. This is our fav pic right ? :lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6yGvuW5d8wGKO5X4XdxT
3. The handkerchief girl for not allowing to open the door of Yao City.

4. The most irritating one is folian lying and crying before Fei yuan on that lava rock, just before fuyao regain her memories. She is such a psycho!

Funny Scenes

1. Of course this one :D

bKzo9b9.gif&key=745f818b4d0c9ab6f7ce224f

2. This...

tumblr_pb9y1oT0fq1vj9tigo9_r1_540.gif

And this...

wufu_38.gif

3. Wuji asking the PM "who is the king?", their laugh afterward and him pulling fuyao's cheek. And also...

bored.gif

4. The good girl is lying on the floor moment.

5. In ep 24, the way all eunuch fell on him one after another to save him.  

Dl1dFjnVAAAfRYg.jpg

6. Of couese how can I forget our Yuanbao laughing his richard simmons off when fuyao was sewing the pouch for Wuji.

7. Jealous Wuji and flirty fuyao B)

tumblr_pcde8amrPD1vj9tigo7_400.gif

DlmoaAuX0AExhVK.jpg

6 hours ago, mayra83 said:

I just feel that the second part for PA will mean not much but draggy plot, more second couple (new) than the lead couple to drag the drama even longer! Tbqh, instead of having that crappy middle in PA, they should just cut that bit, replace with 10ep of ZLY moves on and be with LGX, I will personally not watch the second part as much as I love LGX, and I agree they do have great chemistry but the amount of quality scenes between the leads is just not worth the time invested in it!

Just saw a debate earlier about FY's performance, which prompted me to share my two cents. 
While FY’s views and ratings were not as good as those of TMOPB, it doesn’t mean that FY IS NOT SUCCESSFUL. FY is the drama with the highest ever rating in the late-night time slot for the ZheYang Station, DESPITE the fact that it airs 4 episode late compared to its internet airing schedule. It is also the Tencent-exclusive drama with the highest view on this platform, with top views on both Dramafever and Viki while it was airing. Thanks to FY, Tencent saw a significant increase in its VIP account registration number, and the main reason why FY’s views are increasing so slowly right now is simply because Tencent is only allowing VIP account holders to watch the drama (while it was airing, non VIP-member can watch the drama at the same speed at ZheYang). 
Ethan DOES NOT ship wufu, he is simply promoting his drama. As many of Wuji’s crucial scenes also involve Fuyao, it is inevitable that his weibo posts would also include Fuyao. If you do follow a lot of weibo like you said, you would also have noticed that he also interacted with other actors on social media. The reason why Mimi does not explicitly ship Wufu on her weibo is in regards of the massive amount of anti-fan that she has and the fact that she is married, which you should have noticed too if you are following weibo. For c-biz fans, the actors’ fan-only are discouraged from shipping by their fandom (especially the Bees), whoever ships publicly often have their accounts reported.
Honestly guys, we have all come together to enjoy this high-quality drama, but yet are dragged into a circular debate where FY’s performance so far is brushed away and considered insignificant? I don’t know about y’all, but honestly, I would much rather reminisce about my favorite scenes with my beloved Wufu couples and follow up with them in their new works instead of comparing FY with other INCOMPARABLE dramas while ignoring all of its progress. As a result, this will be my only post regarding these performances, simply to point out FY’s achievement so far, no more, no less.

@Parasolcutie

first of all it’s zhe jiang tv not zhe yang. Can you at least use the correct words for the name of the tv station that aired Fuyao that you love so much just because you love wufu sooooooooooo much. 

I didn’t say fuyao was not successful. But you said it yourself that FY was not as successful as TMoPB. That’s the main point that I tried to bring. 

Second of all I don’t say Ethan ship wufu. I only used word ‘promote’. I don’t blame him for promoting wufu. I’m just glad that Yang Mi didn’t promote them. Could you read my posts again? And yeah I don’t think Yang Mi ship wufu, no matter what the reason(s) is/are. Why should she ship wufu? I only follow her account and her fans’ accounts on weibo. I didn’t say I’ve followed many accounts. And I said that I only followed Yang Mi’s supertalk everyday. Don’t you think I would not notice about ethan’s interactions with others if they didn’t include Yang Mi? I follow the trending tho. Do you want to ask me too what topics were trending during fuyao broadcasting period? You can follow me on weibo and stalk me if you want. 

Great to know that bees can’t ship because honestly I think that is the best rule/policy. And I honestly feel that they don’t pretend they don’t ship but they actually do not want to. 

I didn’t say fuyao’s performance was insignificant. I just simply stated that it’s obviously not Yang Mi’s most successful drama. 

and see, it’s always wufu fans that defend fuyao all the way. Why is that? Can you accept the fact that fuyao is not perfect and it’s definitely not the most successful drama of 2018 etc? 

Of course it’s successful but not hugely successful. 

5 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

I just feel that the second part for PA will mean not much but draggy plot, more second couple (new) than the lead couple to drag the drama even longer! Tbqh, instead of having that crappy middle in PA, they should just cut that bit, replace with 10ep of ZLY moves on and be with LGX, I will personally not watch the second part as much as I love LGX, and I agree they do have great chemistry but the amount of quality scenes between the leads is just not worth the time invested in it!

You love LGX too? Glad to know that. 

I’ve come to realize about that too after I read the novel. There are not many chapters left in the book for PA 2 to have more than 50 episodes. As we know china always produces a long drama with high number of episodes to compensate the cost so yeah I definitely agree that PA2 will need many additional scenes. Whether it will work successfully or not, it depends on how smart and resourceful the screenwriters are. Now that would become a first world class problem because screenwriters are usually the ones who turn a potential drama into a mess eg Fuyao so we cannot put too much hope on this. 

Yeah now to think about it they should do what you said. Just cut some of the episodes in the middle and add more episodes at the end to give our xing yue the happy ending that they totally deserved. 

Hi, long time no see ^^

Now this is Wuji's wardrobe. Finally my favorite tumbler has made this :wub:

Wuji’s wardrobe appreciation post | Part 1\2 | from Xuanyuan to Taiyuan

Spoiler

tumblr_pe51n0Aae41vj9tigo1_540.gif

tumblr_pe51n0Aae41vj9tigo2_540.giftumblr_pe51n0Aae41vj9tigo3_540.giftumblr_pe51n0Aae41vj9tigo4_540.giftumblr_pe51n0Aae41vj9tigo8_540.giftumblr_pe51n0Aae41vj9tigo5_540.giftumblr_pe51n0Aae41vj9tigo6_540.giftumblr_pe51n0Aae41vj9tigo7_540.giftumblr_pe51n0Aae41vj9tigo9_540.gif

Wuji’s wardrobe appreciation post | Part 2/2 | from Tianquan to Qiongcang

Spoiler

tumblr_pe5t8lV9wY1vj9tigo1_r1_540.giftumblr_pe5t8lV9wY1vj9tigo2_r1_540.giftumblr_pe5t8lV9wY1vj9tigo3_r1_540.giftumblr_pe5t8lV9wY1vj9tigo4_r1_540.giftumblr_pe5t8lV9wY1vj9tigo5_r1_540.giftumblr_pe5t8lV9wY1vj9tigo6_r1_540.giftumblr_pe5t8lV9wY1vj9tigo7_r1_540.giftumblr_pe5t8lV9wY1vj9tigo8_r1_540.giftumblr_pe5t8lV9wY1vj9tigo9_r1_540.gif

Cre: belladonna2018

Archived