Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:

i'm sorry all ladies, i want to asked how much total views for our legend fuyao until now? i have look some post that TMOPB have 55 billion until now, and is c-drama that gets most views. i'm sorry because i'm crazy lovers of fuyao.. so i'm very curious about that. if i'm not wrong last i know fuyao gets 16.8 billion but only from tencent network online. right? i want fuyao gets big views too...LOL...i know i shouldn't compared LOF and TMOPB but i just want to know how they count about the totally views and i'm really not means to compared that 2 series. does someone know about that and can explain to me? tx so much...

IMO it’s too obvious that TMoPB is (much) more popular than Fuyao. TMoPB is also more well received and we can say that TMoPB is a classic for many audiences. It still gets around 20-30 million views a day. 

 

TMoPB has around 50 billion views right now and Fuyao has about 14 billion views (not 16.8 billion). 

 

TMoPB is broadcasted on 6 online streaming services (Tencent, Iqiyi, Youku, Mango TV, etc) and fuyao is only broadcasted on Tencent. So yeah the number of total viewers will be less significantly. But it’s not easy to get 50 billion views so no matter what kudos to TMoPB. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I think TMOPB won many fans because despite some minor changes, it really kept to the novel (plot, character and overall "spirit.") I have to say that it was this drama that made me watch C-drama again since Nirvana in Fire. It just had the right combination of actors, script, music and direction. Mark's excellent performance also changed many people's mind. I remember all the hate he received when the cast was announced. Also lots of Dilireba and Vengo fans also loved TMOPB too. 

 

Actually, on this note, I don't think many people gave Fuyao a chance for various of reasons. I mean everyone is entitled to like what they like.  However, I really do feel that due to various combination of different factors - people saw the complaints and decided to not check it out etc. Being on a limited platform, the hard core novel fans that began hating the drama when it became evident that there were big changes etc., many ppl. not liking Ethan's casting, accusations of copying Harry Potter?!, YM also has haters too and lack of strong second leads - it was NOT Vengo's best performance as ZBY. It will probably not catch up to TMOPB but I hope that overtime, more people will at least give it a chance. Despite all this, I think it did very good and I personally enjoyed it so much - hence I'm still here on this thread. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@Di~ @stella77  thx for your explanation :lol::wub:   

i haven't watch TMOPB so i don't really the story, the cast and others , except yangmi, vengo and laiyi ,i have see their performance in fuyao..maybe i will watch TMOPB too but not now, because i'm still have syndrome wufu,so i'm afraid i can't accept yangmi and mark chemistry. Because fuyao maybe is my first mainland chinese historical drama series i have watched...LOL i don't know too why i can raw watched fuyao series,Because i never do it. I just want to watched yangmi at that time because i'm not ethan's fans before watched fuyao...LOL.. but maybe i should watch TMOPB too .. wait for syndrome wufu for decreasee first..:wub:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lovecarnation said:

but maybe i should watch TMOPB too 

Yeah you should give it a try. To me it’s one of the best chinese drama ever. But well, I haven’t watched many chinese drama, can’t stand their quality most of the time. 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

i'm sorry all ladies, i want to asked how much total views for our legend fuyao until now? i have look some post that TMOPB have 55 billion until now, and is c-drama that gets most views. i'm sorry because i'm crazy lovers of fuyao.. so i'm very curious about that. if i'm not wrong last i know fuyao gets 16.8 billion but only from tencent network online. right? i want fuyao gets big views too...LOL...i know i shouldn't compared LOF and TMOPB but i just want to know how they count about the totally views and i'm really not means to compared that 2 series. does someone know about that and can explain to me? tx so much...

 

Now that's a really hard question to answer and even I'm curious to know so I did little analysis.

 

The youtube channel, Idol & Romance has around 1 M views on first 20 eps but then it decreased drastically ended on last ep 650 K views, may be because of the slow uploading. Note that the first two eps which has subs has 2 M views. The YT channel for Viki which uploaded only 19 eps has around 10 K views on each. So if we take example of Idol & Romance and let's say Viki and Dramafever(the most viewed websites) has 5 M view on each eps total of let's take 10 M then it will have total of 0.6 B views. Also there are many website like Dramacool,Kseries,Kissasian and many more so if we count all these then I think it should have around 18-20 B views and trust me that's huge success. Also there are people like me who first saw raw then again watched it with subs and also there are people who dropped after ep 40. And I also saw few people waited to end the series to know if it has HE then start watching. I hope I will not kicked out from this thread because of mentioning so many websites :lol:

 

About TMOPB, there are many factors that worked out. People weren't happy with casting of Mark as the lead actor because they didn't find him "the most handsome Crown Prince". Also the novel itself wasn't as impressive as Fuyao so people had low expectations but kudos the director and writer for their storytelling. The CGI and dubbing are also good and I think entire cast is perfectly chosen and played their part very well. Of course I need not have to mention Mark-YM's chemistry :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lovecarnation said:

maybe i will watch TMOPB too but not now, because i'm still have syndrome wufu,so i'm afraid i can't accept yangmi and mark chemistry. 

haha...:lol: i know what u feel because when we love our couple. we can't see  her/him pair with other actor.....me too :wub:

 

1 hour ago, lovecarnation said:

Because fuyao maybe is my first mainland chinese historical drama series i have watched...LOL i don't know too why i can raw watched fuyao series,Because i never do it. I just want to watched yangmi at that time because i'm not ethan's fans before watched fuyao...LOL.. 

seriously...I watch LOFY because YM...I also watch TMOPB because her too...

before this,I feel M & YM (in TMOPB) is my lovely couple I have ever seen because their acting in TMOPB is very good...really superb
but right now , my heart always crazy for wufu couple :lol::wub::lol:

2 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

wait for syndrome wufu for decreasee first..:wub:

noooo....don't do that .....we must love our wufu couple 4ever :lol::lol: haha

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Di~ said:

Yeah you should give it a try. To me it’s one of the best chinese drama ever. But well, I haven’t watched many chinese drama, can’t stand their quality most of the time. 

 

 

 

 

@lovecarnation I agree with what Di said, you should try watching TMOPB. I think you'll like it. I was on rewatching mode when TMOPB ended..until Wuji came into my life :lol: Just kidding.

 

68755267gy1fuic3x010bj20h90hojt1.jpg

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, phoenixfire25 said:

So if we take example of Idol & Romance and let's say Viki and Dramafever(the most viewed websites) has 5 M view on each eps total of let's take 10 M then it will have total of 0.6 B views. Also there are many website like Dramacool,Kseries,Kissasian and many more so if we count all these then I think it should have around 18-20 B views and trust me that's huge success. Also there are people like me who first saw raw then again watched it with subs and also there are people who dropped after ep 40. And I also saw few people waited to end the series to know if it has HE then start watching. I hope I will not kicked out from this thread because of mentioning so many websites :lol:

 

I don’t think kissasian etc have the steaming rights for fuyao, only Viki and Dramafever do. So we cannot count them in. 

 

I don’t think fuyao can be categorized as a huge success. Is it successful? Of course it is but not hugely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, phoenixfire25 said:

 

 

Now that's a really hard question to answer and even I'm curious to know so I did little analysis.

 

The youtube channel, Idol & Romance has around 1 M views on first 20 eps but then it decreased drastically ended on last ep 650 K views, may be because of the slow uploading. Note that the first two eps which has subs has 2 M views. The YT channel for Viki which uploaded only 19 eps has around 10 K views on each. So if we take example of Idol & Romance and let's say Viki and Dramafever(the most viewed websites) has 5 M view on each eps total of let's take 10 M then it will have total of 0.6 B views. Also there are many website like Dramacool,Kseries,Kissasian and many more so if we count all these then I think it should have around 18-20 B views and trust me that's huge success. Also there are people like me who first saw raw then again watched it with subs and also there are people who dropped after ep 40. And I also saw few people waited to end the series to know if it has HE then start watching. I hope I will not kicked out from this thread because of mentioning so many websites :lol:

 

About TMOPB, there are many factors that worked out. People weren't happy with casting of Mark as the lead actor because they didn't find him "the most handsome Crown Prince". Also the novel itself wasn't as impressive as Fuyao so people had low expectations but kudos the director and writer for their storytelling. The CGI and dubbing are also good and I think entire cast is perfectly chosen and played their part very well. Of course I need not have to mention Mark-YM's chemistry :)

Thx u so much for your explanation.i agree with you, i think total views is not only 14 B now if we add up total viewers in many website,  last time i have see someone post fuyao at youtube already get 0.6B and they said for the first time chinese drama was aired can get this high viewers. I'm very happy for yangmi and ethan for the great success of fuyao, and of course thanks to good cooperation of all team fuyao can make this series is so great. 

If u are kicked, i will follow u too, because i'm responsible for asking too...LOL :joy:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lovecarnation said:

last time i have see someone post fuyao at youtube already get 0.6B

It’s not 0.6 B, it’s only 65 million views. That means 0.065 B. Still far from a billion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cukubidu said:

haha...:lol: i know what u feel because when we love our couple. we can't see  her/him pair with other actor.....me too :wub:

 

seriously...I watch LOFY because YM...I also watch TMOPB because her too...

before this,I feel M & YM (in TMOPB) is my lovely couple I have ever seen because their acting in TMOPB is very good...really superb
but right now , my heart always crazy for wufu couple :lol::wub::lol:

noooo....don't do that .....we must love our wufu couple 4ever :lol::lol: haha

Omg... i'm really laugh out loud when read your answer.. and i'm really love your answer... yess u are right we must keep and save our wufu forever. No one can replace this couple in my heart. Thx for wake up me.:kiss_wink:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, rinkyu said:

 

@lovecarnation I agree with what Di said, you should try watching TMOPB. I think you'll like it. I was on rewatching mode when TMOPB ended..until Wuji came into my life :lol: Just kidding.

LoL.... ok my dear,i will listen your words, but do you have good idea for me if my heart still have wufu and what's happen if i see fuyao with yehua? LoL....just kiddingggg my dear ... i think i'm going crazy because love wufu :joy:

 

But seriously i will try watch TMOPB after i finished rewatch my fuyao:kiss_wink:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

i'm sorry all ladies, i want to asked how much total views for our legend fuyao until now? i have look some post that TMOPB have 55 billion until now, and is c-drama that gets most views. i'm sorry because i'm crazy lovers of fuyao.. so i'm very curious about that. if i'm not wrong last i know fuyao gets 16.8 billion but only from tencent network online. right? i want fuyao gets big views too...LOL...i know i shouldn't compared LOF and TMOPB but i just want to know how they count about the totally views and i'm really not means to compared that 2 series. does someone know about that and can explain to me? tx so much...

It is hard to compare TMOPB with Fuyao. I think comparing these two is like comparing orange and apple. TMOPB was broadcasted at least 6 online platforms. While it was being broadcasted, it had a total of 35 billion views. It is a huge success, and it seems one platform at least had 5 or 6 billion views. However, Fuyao was only broadcasted on a single platform, Tencent alone, but it reached almost 14 billion views while it was being aired. Also, if you asked why the view is slowing down now, it is because after the drama ends, Tencent is only open to VIP members but the views keep increasing day by day at a good speed, I think. If you look again, Fuyao has broken a lot of records. It is the drama with the most viewed on a  single platform. No other dramas which air on a single platform has such many views like this before. Also, it is the drama which has the most VIP members subscribe on Tencent. Also, from what I heard, it stayed on top 1 drama on drama fever throughout its entire runs. It is very critically acclaimed overseas, a lot of international fans. There are a lot more  records broken by Fuyao but I forgot. TMOPB has reached more than 50 billion, it is already a huge success. but this is a year later. Of course, I can't say Fuyao can reach this or not because Fuyao is only on Tencent and it is only open to VIP. Anyways, if you ask me if this is a huge success for Fuyao, I can say it is a great achievement. Once again, it may be a matter of perspective of whether this is a success or not. And this is just my perspective. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:

Omg... i'm really laugh out loud when read your answer.. and i'm really love your answer... yess u are right we must keep and save our wufu forever. No one can replace this couple in my heart. Thx for wake up me.:kiss_wink:

that's my friend:thumbsup:.....yes,,,no one can replace this couple in our heart.... try to guess what I'm doing now.....haha....:lol:now I'm watching LOFY at Kissasian Online ...I never feel tired even though I've been watching it many times especially their romance scene....:wub::wub::wub:really love it... and I can feel that feeling....now i'm at epi 49 ..... that scene was when fuyao is harmed by taiyan and wuji was angry with taiyan because hurting fuyao

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not that I don’t want to admit that Fuyao has so far gained a huge success but it is a fact that it hasn’t (not as huge as some of you want). 

 

I also want fuyao to be a huge success but I don’t think the fact says it is. It’s still one of the most successful chinese series internationally tho. But IMHO you cannot compare it to TMoPB which is considered a classic.  

 

And I only compared the number of viewings in China only. So far TMoPB has around 50 billion views and Fuyao around 14 billion. But if you want to include the number of viewings in the international websites such as youtube too, trust me TMoPB has alot higher numbers than Fuyao. It also gains 65,000 number of reviews in Dramafever and it scores 4.8 (out of 5) but fuyao with half number of reviews gains “only” 4.7. 

 

I hope Yang Mi can continue acting in high quality drama in the future but not with ethan again (there are so many actors out there). I want her to act with chinese actors like e.g. Shawn Dou next. I believe they would create a great chemistry together considering how hot Shawn is and what a great actor he is. 

 

@ilmm

we should also consider that TMoPB aired for around 30 days and Fuyao aired for almost 60 days. Princess Agents which aired for almost as long as Fuyao had gained around 40 billions views by the time it ended. I know it's also broadcasted on 6 platforms but it's really successful even internationally. it now has around 48.5 billion views in china (alone)

 

Fuyao no longer holds its record as a drama with the most number of views in a single platform while it's airing. It's broken already.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Di~ said:

I don’t think kissasian etc have the steaming rights for fuyao, only Viki and Dramafever do. So we cannot count them in. 

 

I don’t think fuyao can be categorized as a huge success. Is it successful? Of course it is but not hugely. 

 

If you are taking huge success by seeing the tv rating then I agree with you it doesn't have good rating, even Negotiator has 1+ on almost every eps, may be we can put Guardian in that category. :lol:

About online views, I don't know how they are counting and I don't even know if Tencent has eng subs. So for international fans we have only two platforms right? But Dramafever is not available in my country and at some point I was annoyed by Viki ads so I moved to other sites. I think that's not fair enough to count that way. 

 

@lovecarnation As @Di~ said 0.6 B views was earlier views like right now we have around 14 B while the one I counted was taking 10M * 66 (66 for 66 episodes) = 0.66 B . In short if Tencent has 14 B views then we can hope for 5-6 B from combined both Dramafever and Viki right? Hope you understand :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Di~ said:

we should also consider that TMoPB aired for around 30 days and Fuyao aired for almost 60 days. Princess Agents which aired for almost as long as Fuyao had gained around 40 billions views by the time it ended. I know it's also broadcasted on 6 platforms but it's really successful even internationally. it now has around 48.5 billion views in china (alone)

 

Wow....I didn't know about this facts. Thanks but I want to ask do they included Dramafever or this is only Chinese websites views?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, phoenixfire25 said:

 

If you are taking huge success by seeing the tv rating then I agree with you it doesn't have good rating, even Negotiator has 1+ on almost every eps, may be we can put Guardian in that category. :lol:

About online views, I don't know how they are counting and I don't even know if Tencent has eng subs. So for international fans we have only two platforms right? But Dramafever is not available in my country and at some point I was annoyed by Viki ads so I moved to other sites. I think that's not fair enough to count that way. 

 

I’m sorry to tell you that kissasian is not a legal streaming site so it can not be included. I bought VIP pass on Viki just for Fuyao. Or just watch on youtube, they are free but also legal and they also have english subtitles. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh about the tv ratings, yeah, I kinda hoped fuyao could have better ratings but considering the first 20 episodes were airing against world cup and tencent released 4 episodes faster for VIP members, I knew it’s kinda a wishful thinking for fuyao breaking 2 in ratings. 

 

But we got to admit that fuyao had the potential to have better ratings but then it lost its momentum after episode 40 and the ratings definitely showed it. 

32 minutes ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Wow....I didn't know about this facts. Thanks but I want to ask do they included Dramafever or this is only Chinese websites views?

You meant about Princess Agents? It has 48.5 billion views in China alone. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Di~ said:

I’m sorry to tell you that kissasian is not a legal streaming site so it can not be included. I bought VIP pass on Viki just for Fuyao. Or just watch on youtube, they are free but also legal and they also have english subtitles. 

 

Youtube is too slow if I'm watching while the drama is onAir. The official you tube site has subs only for 2 eps while Viki only uploaded 19 eps. Of course in future when I like to watch fuyao I will go for YT. I even saw TMOPB on YT but much later, after 4 or 5 month of release.

 

16 minutes ago, Di~ said:

You meant about Princess Agents? It has 48.5 billion views in China alone. 

Wow...that's a huge number, I wasn't expecting that because I dropped that drama after ep 25 :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...