[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

14 minutes ago, Di~ said:

I’m on Yang Mi’s supertalk everyday when fuyao was airing and I didn’t feel the hype. That’s why some of yang mi’s fans were frustated that bees (that’s what yang mi’s fans are called) didn’t show enough enthusiasm. Maybe it’s the other way around on Ethan’s side. Well you can see from this forum, the ones that really love fuyao are mostly his fans or wufu fans. And yang mi’s fans (on weibo. I corrected my statement here) don’t care about her co-stars or wufu at all. 

Ethan seemed to promote this couple but Yang Mi clearly didn’t. Yang Mi only shared  things about Fuyao, her many disguises etc but she never shared anything about wufu. 

Yeah I know we cannot compare Fuyao and TMoPB in number of viewings directly because of the reason that you stated clearly but I still think that fuyao would not be as successful as TMoPB in terms of number of viewings. It’s not just a hunch. It’s what I concluded after I saw how fuyao declined in number of viewings more and more each week after episode 36. For comparison only, Sweet dream’s number of viewings only declined in its last week (after at least 4/5 of the total episodes). Same as sweet combat etc. Fuyao’s number of viewings started to decline in the 5th week. 

@ilmm

I have stated my opinion so okay I’ll stop here. And thanks for the discussion too. 

It is fine. I think we come to understand each other now, and I am glad with that. Agree with what you said above. Yes, Fuyao has its flaws I admit that. You are correct, rather than a drama fan, my hype is more on wufu couple fan and Wuji fan. The chemistry of the couple and the acting are the reasons that keep me going not the story line itself. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Wow...that's a huge number, I wasn't expecting that because I dropped that drama after ep 25 :lol:

I watched PA until the end and then felt sorry for myself afterwards :sweat_smile:

@ilmm  @Di~ It's refreshing reading what you guys been discussing. I actually don't really care with drama ratings and I don't even watch those most talked about dramas (until maybe months or years later). Ratings do not guarantee that you would actually like a certain drama but it definitely can be a good indicator. Of course the higher the ratings get it is beneficial to the directors, writers, actors, etc. 

It is a matter of preferences imo. Personal preference is still the best tool in assessing which dramas to watch and to like.  Sometimes I watch dramas for their actors and if the plot not compelling enough then I just drop it. 

10 hours ago, Di~ said:

. Princess Agents which aired for almost as long as Fuyao had gained around 40 billions views by the time it ended. I know it's also broadcasted on 6 platforms but it's really successful even internationally. it now has around 48.5 billion views in china (alone)

Fuyao no longer holds its record as a drama with the most number of views in a single platform while it's airing. It's broken already.

wow... princess agents get 40 billions from beginning until finished aired? it's very big success. success than TMOPB. :D ( note: i don't mean to compared just feel suprised because its viewer surpassed TMOPB which is the c-drama with the most viewers.TMOPB From beginning until end when aired gets 35B right? ) i haven't watch that series too, but maybe i must try watched PA before TMOPB...:joy:

9 hours ago, Di~ said:

Story of Yan Xi’s palace. It’s even considered more successful because it’s only a webseries and it has now around 14.65 billion views and it hasn’t finished airing (it has but for the VIP members only) 

OMG.... yanxi also gets 14.65 B views?? i just watched 1 ep. and dropped out...LOL

because i don't really like that cast and their appearance, for me some of the main female cast at that series looks rather old..hahaha... and i don't really like their hairdo likes too flat..( i'm sorry this is just my opinion) maybe yanxi has an interesting line story that makes it have a lot viewers too but i'm personally not very interested to watch it.

10 hours ago, ilmm said:

Maybe I am outdated but which drama broke its record? How? What platform? By the way, how many episodes does TMOPB air a day that makes it finish its air within a month? I know there is no use to talk about the views here, but I don think the view depends on how long the drama is aired actually. It may depend on number of episodes, I don know, but the difference between TMOPB and Fuyao is only 8 episodes, which means 1 week difference if 2 episodes are aired for a day and 4 days a week, by this long. I don think makes a huge difference here. I don say TMOPB is not famous oversea, I am a die hard fan actually. I just say that Fuyao is also very popular. Of course, there are people overseas who watch TMOPB but not Fuyao. But there are also people who watch Fuyao but not TMOPB and there are international fans who watch both like me. Anyways, it is a matter of perspective only. Comparing these two is like comparing orange and apple. I don even know if Fuyao is broadcasted through many platforms, how many views it will get, which I think will make a huge difference? Therefore, it is no use to compare here since these two have many different variations from one another. Still, to me, it is a great achievement and it exceeds all my expectations actually. It may not be great for others but it is just a matter of perspective.

True.

Well said.

48 minutes ago, rinkyu said:

I watched PA until the end and then felt sorry for myself afterwards :sweat_smile:

@ilmm  @Di~ It's refreshing reading what you guys been discussing. I actually don't really care with drama ratings and I don't even watch those most talked about dramas (until maybe months or years later). Ratings do not guarantee that you would actually like a certain drama but it definitely can be a good indicator. Of course the higher the ratings get it is beneficial to the directors, writers, actors, etc. 

It is a matter of preferences imo. Personal preference is still the best tool in assessing which dramas to watch and to like.  Sometimes I watch dramas for their actors and if the plot not compelling enough then I just drop it.  

yes... i totally agree with you.. i'm very interested with @ilmm and @Di~ discussion too, but i don't agree Fuyao didn't get hype enthusiastic in mainland or overseas, because until now i can see how many people still post about the photo or videos of fuyao, even though that series has finished aired and their comment and discussion about this series, and many of them is very miss this series, miss our wufu couple... and feel so lost because this series has finished aired , besides that i see who is comment this series is from different countries, some from vietnam, some from thailand, some from indonesia, some from korea, some from america, some from brazil, some from mexico and maybe some form anothers country, so how can we say fuyao it's not popular in overseas? and in mainland who say it's not popular too, how many people on weibo enthusiatic too with this series? and we all know Ethan's Followers increase greatly after fuyao..so i'm believe also in mailand fuyao is popular too and got a warm welcome too from viewers.

i'm very agree too with @rinkyu rating is not guarenteed for one series too, high ratings not always make you like that drama. so i'm personally same with you. actually, i'm very choose to wach drama, because sometimes have good story but i don't like the lead, i can't continuos watch too, but if i like the main role but the story not interested for me, i will dropped out too.

but i'm very like fuyao, the main role, the support cast, story and its views, i'm totally love it. so although the rating of fuyao will be very high or not. fuyao will be my best mainland c-drama now and wufu couple is always be my best couple and no body can replace their place in my heart.LOL..

9 hours ago, ilmm said:

Allow me to reply to you one last time as well. I hope our discussion stops at here. Rating is one indicator but I rarely judge drama based on its rating anyways. So now Let's forget rating and all any other dramas since we can't compare them together anyways. Maybe I misunderstood your statement cos I thought you said Fuyao is not successful at all, and I apologise for that. But please let me make myself clear. Never in my statement did I intend to say Fuyao is the most successful drama nor did I want Fuyao to be the most successful or did I want it to be more successful than  it actually is. What i say is Fuyao exceeds all my expectations and to me the drama has made a great success. However, I also said others may not feel the same since their expectations and their experiences of the drama are not the same. Some fans and I may feel the hype about this drama but not to the level as the most talked drama, but it has some hype in there. But I never desire it to be the most talked either, and it doesn't need it to be because this much is good enough for me. Of course Fuyao is more famous than some dramas but less famous than some other dramas, which is expected. Nothing is perfect, but this level is already good for me even not for others. I hope I made myself clear this time. Anyways, thanks for chatting with me throughout this time, and I hope our discussion ends here and really appreciate if you won't continue further.

Well said :thumbsup: I wanted to say the same but couldn't put it into words. Thank you :kiss_wink:

Since the discussion is over, can we continue our game? Share your thought of most funny and most irritated scenes from LOF. I want to post mine but don't have that much time, will post at evening.

23 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:

but i'm very like fuyao, the main role, the support cast, story and its views, i'm totally love it. so although the rating of fuyao will be very high or not. fuyao will be my best mainland c-drama now and wufu couple is always be my best couple and no body can replace their place in my heart.LOL..

I love LoFY too. It's my favorite Cdrama at the moment. I'm going to watch my long overdue Kdramas over the weekend after putting them on hold for our WuFu. That's how LoFY has impacted my drama watching list :joy:

wufu.jpg

1 hour ago, lovecarnation said:

wow... princess agents get 40 billions from beginning until finished aired? it's very big success. success than TMOPB. :D ( note: i don't mean to compared just feel suprised because its viewer surpassed TMOPB which is the c-drama with the most viewers.TMOPB From beginning until end when aired gets 35B right? ) i haven't watch that series too, but maybe i must try watched PA before TMOPB...:joy:

Yeah you should try both. It’s up to you which one first. Those 2 drama are the most successful drama in China. And they are really successful too overseas. Maybe you’ll regret watching PA but well at least you’ve tried it. 

2 hours ago, rinkyu said:

I don’t have any regrets but i realized that people who loved HE hated the ending. But I loved it till the end. I even managed to get some of my friends who hate chinese series to watch and discussed it everyday (but they complained everyday about how bad the CGI was) Haha. I must admit it’s far from perfect. The production value is not that great but well I loved it. 

1 hour ago, lovecarnation said:

OMG.... yanxi also gets 14.65 B views?? i just watched 1 ep. and dropped out...LOL

because i don't really like that cast and their appearance, for me some of the main female cast at that series looks rather old..hahaha... and i don't really like their hairdo likes too flat..( i'm sorry this is just my opinion) maybe yanxi has an interesting line story that makes it have a lot viewers too but i'm personally not very interested to watch it.

But you can not deny it’s really succesful. And it’s more successful than Fuyao in China. 

9 minutes ago, Di~ said:

But you can not deny it’s really succesful. And it’s more successful than Fuyao in China. 

yeah.. maybe it's successfull in china but not for me....LOL maybe because i have my personal opinion about this drama, so i'm sorry i'm not really interested to watch it..hahaha...

but anyway thanks for @rinkyu @phoenixfire25 @ilmm @Di~ have responded to my question... tq so much :kiss_wink:

45 minutes ago, rinkyu said:

I love LoFY too. It's my favorite Cdrama at the moment. I'm going to watch my long overdue Kdramas over the weekend after putting them on hold for our WuFu. That's how LoFY has impacted my drama watching list :joy:

wufu.jpg

So lovely. Both are reading. Still my best drama. Best OTP. Wuji and FuYao.  Ethan and Yang Mi are good actors. Much love from Philippines...watching again on viki. God bless us all.

12 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:

@phoenixfire25 this is so funny and very cute, have yuanbao too..i want it for myself too:bawling:

vandvand from his instagram posted this fuyao cast cookies

Hide contents

97x9K9i.jpg

6DgmDO0.jpg

IH4fTjD.jpg

I want too... 

8 hours ago, rinkyu said:

Thanks for calling it refreshing. Haha. I think it’s just me being stubborn. But well you guys have to know that I feel proud of Fuyao (mostly and mainly because fuyao is Yang Mi’s best performance so far). I just hope to see it gains more than it already has that’s why to me fuyao can’t be categorized as a HuGE success. Yang Mi has achieved much success in her career. Bees usually say that Yang Mi can only be compared with herself. Sadly Fuyao didn’t manage to break her own records. 

well, I believe someday she’ll manage to do it again. 

Of course ratings do matter. It still indicates how success a drama is. People can’t claim a drama not successful if it gets good ratings. 

@lovecarnation

As for the hype, I only state what I witnessed on weibo in general and on Yang Mi’s supertalk community. I don’t join wufu community (the community that I’m sure feel the most hype of this drama. If they are still talking about it, great then because I can only say that Yang Mi’s fans have already moved on and well you can’t blame them if they don’t love wufu as much as you all (except me) here do because they only focus on Yang Mi. 

4 hours ago, rinkyu said:

Totally agree. Can't argue with what you state here. We have exactly the same thought. 

2 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

@phoenixfire25 this is so funny and very cute, have yuanbao too..i want it for myself too:bawling:

Hide contents

97x9K9i.jpg

6DgmDO0.jpg

IH4fTjD.jpg

WOW....That's so beautiful, I want it too :lol:

This is why I love her and will always. :heart:

For me, She is the Queen and Goddess, both in reel and real life  :love:  

Reveal hidden contents

97x9K9i.jpg

6DgmDO0.jpg

IH4fTjD.jpg

I want those cookies too but I'm afraid I won't be able to eat them :D Too precious. 

3 hours ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Since the discussion is over, can we continue our game? Share your thought of most funny and most irritated scenes from LOF. I want to post mine but don't have that much time, will post at evening.

Let's... But I'll join you guys later :)

yeah.. maybe it's successfull in china but not for me....LOL maybe because i have my personal opinion about this drama, so i'm sorry i'm not really interested to watch it..hahaha...

but anyway thanks for @rinkyu @phoenixfire25 @ilmm @Di~ have responded to my question... tq so much :kiss_wink:

Agree with you. It is a matter of preference only. 

5 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

yes... i totally agree with you.. i'm very interested with @ilmm and @Di~ discussion too, but i don't agree Fuyao didn't get hype enthusiastic in mainland or overseas, because until now i can see how many people still post about the photo or videos of fuyao, even though that series has finished aired and their comment and discussion about this series, and many of them is very miss this series, miss our wufu couple... and feel so lost because this series has finished aired , besides that i see who is comment this series is from different countries, some from vietnam, some from thailand, some from indonesia, some from korea, some from america, some from brazil, some from mexico and maybe some form anothers country, so how can we say fuyao it's not popular in overseas? and in mainland who say it's not popular too, how many people on weibo enthusiatic too with this series? and we all know Ethan's Followers increase greatly after fuyao..so i'm believe also in mailand fuyao is popular too and got a warm welcome too from viewers.

i'm very agree too with @rinkyu rating is not guarenteed for one series too, high ratings not always make you like that drama. so i'm personally same with you. actually, i'm very choose to wach drama, because sometimes have good story but i don't like the lead, i can't continuos watch too, but if i like the main role but the story not interested for me, i will dropped out too.

Well said. Exactly the same thought.

4 hours ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Well said :thumbsup: I wanted to say the same but couldn't put it into words. Thank you :kiss_wink:

My pleasure to be here with you and all of you. Of course, I also have my own favourites. Let's share together in the evening.

Oh wow Re the adorable cookies! That is pretty accurate looking chibi character cookies!! Fuyao wearing the fake Folian red costume cookie!! I need a photo of WuFu cookies sooooo cute. Def would not eat it. Oh wait! That is Wuji in white in the last photo but his jaw is off hence I didn’t recognize him lol! Bad cookie! 

Archived