Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

Really, Really 

Thought I'd share one of the funniest parts from the novel. It involves Fuyao being caught red handed and a letter of apology :D.

Backstory: 

During the Tiansha Arc, Fuyao infiltrates the Tiansha royal court for far longer than is depicted in the show. She becomes best buddies with Zhan Nancheng/Tiansha king and Zhan Beiheng/Royal Duke, and play them against each other. Zhan Beiheng was Fuyao's direct superior, so she spent quite a lot of time at his palace grounds. On one occasion, the Royal Duke's 9th consort nearly falls from a horse and Fuyao heroically saves her. The 9th consort finds Fuyao so dashing and talented that she falls heads over heels for 'him'. When Fuyao gets drunk one night after drinking with the Duke, she accidentally stumbles into a room at the royal residence, mistaking it for her room. The 9th concubine, laying in ambush, literally pounces on Fuyao. When clothes start to get pulled off, Fuyao wakes up enough from her drunken stupor to slap the 9th consort away. Unfortunately, the Duke catches them together in this compromising state and accuses Fuyao of seducing his favourite consort.

"I do? I have? But my clothes are neat..."

Speech screeched to a halt, as the light filtering into the room revealed a bra stuffed into Fuyao's clothes. The Duke's expression screamed: adultery!

The Duke didn't know quite what to do with Fuyao, because he found it strange that Fuyao doesn't just escape (she/he's known as the top martial artist in the 5 Kingdoms now). Nor can he exact punishment, because Fuyao is a favoured by the king. The Duke cannot let the incident spread either, as this would shame him as a man. Off to the firewood room Fuyao goes! 

The Letter: 

While locked in the firewood room, Fuyao writes a letter of apology. There is no paper, so Fuyao pens the letter on the only writing medium available to her: the bra.

"I really am dumb, really.

I know the personal control of a drunk will tank, situations and discernment lose control, and misunderstandings arise. I did not know this misunderstanding would happen to me. On that night of drunkenness at the royal residence, clothes were suspected of being removed. The 9th consort unfortunately saw my state of undress, , and maybe she was afraid I would get a chill? For the 9th concubine is the very model of womanhood - she recalled every piece of clothing that was removed. 9th consort pulled me aside to put on some clothes, I refused, because I wanted to go home. 9th consort also refused, a bit of a tango ensued. I looked down and saw my clothes had been ripped in the process! I didn't see my robe! My robe is not one to get lost, so I searched. Alas, I couldn't find anything. I panicked! I get on the bed and search, searching, searching, until late into the night, the search took me under the blanket. A light glinted off the corner of a piece of cloth. I exclaimed: "

"Great! I've finally found it!"

I pulled it out and started putting it on. Eh? The material was similar but the pattern is different?? And there were embroidered flowers on the front...I really am dumb, really."

Really, really :lol:.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

It sucks that they had to cut or delete that scene! Anything involving the OTP should never be deleted! But the hand holding brings so many feels! I miss them so much! :tears:  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rinkyu said:

68755267gy1ftuakaalqmj21bs0qoadt.jpg

I loved this pic :wub:

@Nudafu Thanks for sharing the story from Novel. So they didn't change the story of Tiansha Kingdom right? I mean of course they deleted some parts but it is same like "two dumb brothers". :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phoenixfire25 said:

@Nudafu Thanks for sharing the story from Novel. So they didn't change the story of Tiansha Kingdom right? I mean of course they deleted some parts but it is same like "two dumb brothers". :lol:

The Tiansha Arc was unchanged. It was an uber lite version of the novel though. Fuyao had to take risks and most importantly, time, to earn the trust of the Tiansha brothers. It was her first political stunt (in the series, Taiyuan Arc was the 1st stop), and it showcased Fuyao's twin abilities for great patience and tenacity. Plus, everyone just loves her - female and male alike :lol:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

[18.07.28] Official weibo update

#电视剧扶摇# 五洲冒险未完待续,执手相伴副本再启![加油]
韩国Ching TV正在热播
越南胡志明电视台9月开播
泰国第九台11月1日开播
菲律宾国家台及柬埔寨、缅甸、伊朗、日本等,正在安排!
走出国门,扶摇直上![憧憬]

They talk about LOF being licensed and broadcast in Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Myanmar, Iran, Japan, Cambodia, Taiwan, etc  :wub:

006PiDc1ly1fuo4qhg6y9j30zz1hykjl.jpg

So excited.. waiting...Philippines...

Watch it again...LOF

Wuji...

FuYao

• Like 3

On 8/27/2018 at 8:25 AM, rinkyu said:

I can't have the guy but I can buy the chocolates :lol:

hersheys.gif

Growing up in the U.S., Hershey's Kisses chocolate was a staple. I like the dark chocolate ones and later on some of the limited edition flavors. Interesting to see Ethan doing their commercials 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

I think this was after Wuji's goodbye to his mother, and Fuyao came to his side and took his hand.
But this scene was cut off during editing (maybe because it was not necessary)

006PiDc1ly1fu0j73r5t1j33vc2kw7wk.jpg

They shouldn't deleted this scene. Hay..

Missing these two.. Wuji and FuYao 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

So Funny 好好笑 :joy:  Ethan looks like BOB in despicable me

Hide contents

TFTVJcD.png

JHWVyEC.png

^ Aww the chibi artwork is tooo cute

1 hour ago, Di~ said:

To all Yang Mi and Bai Qian’s fans

Hide contents

7560921C-0A18-4334-BF98-7206F3B01365.jpe

614C0859-E860-4995-9EB2-BB2A1E84A440.jpe

I'm looking forward to Bai Qian's cameo in The Pillow Book; I'm still hoping/praying for Mark to do a even a few seconds of cameo as Ye Hua. 

Re: Thailand broadcast of Fuyao - it is too bad that it's on Channel 9, which isn't as popular as say Channel 3 or 7. I will at least get my mom to watch it. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, stella77 said:

Re: Thailand broadcast of Fuyao - it is too bad that it's on Channel 9, which isn't as popular as say Channel 3 or 7. I will at least get my mom to watch it. 

But if channel 3 get it, you have to wait at least 1 year for broadcasting.:D

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, stella77 said:

^ Aww the chibi artwork is tooo cute

I'm looking forward to Bai Qian's cameo in The Pillow Book; I'm still hoping/praying for Mark to do a even a few seconds of cameo as Ye Hua. 

Me too hoping that mark would also do a cameo. Finger crossed! 

Wow, good to know that. Will it start airing soon? Btw are chinese series popular in thailand? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Di~ said:

Me too hoping that mark would also do a cameo. Finger crossed! 

Wow, good to know that. Will it start airing soon? Btw are chinese series popular in thailand? 

Chinese series have been popular since the original TVB series and adaptions from the 80's. Growing up, we had Thai broadcast of all the classics: Return of Condor Heroes, Justice Bao and all the adaptions of Journey into the West etc etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

Chinese series have been popular since the original TVB series and adaptions from the 80's. Growing up, we had Thai broadcast of all the classics: Return of Condor Heroes, Justice Bao and all the adaptions of Journey into the West etc etc. 

Return of condor heroes is good series with good story.but i think they repeat that series with another artist continuosly make me sometimes lazy to watch again. I think have many wuxia novel by jinyong can be adapted to drama series likes " ode to gallanty / xia ke xing", " the smiling,proud wandered/ xiao ao jiang hu" or others . Wuxia novel by gu long with title " two peerless heroes / jue dai shuang jiao" is my fav. Series too. Honestly, i really want they can let Ethan play in one of the wuxia series by jinyong or gulong..hope the director can read my mind....LOL:joy:

• LOL 1

4 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:

Return of condor heroes is good series with good story.but i think they repeat that series with another artist continuosly make me sometimes lazy to watch again. I think have many wuxia novel by jinyong can be adapted to drama series likes " ode to gallanty / xia ke xing", " the smiling,proud wandered/ xiao ao jiang hu" or others . Wuxia novel by gu long with title " two peerless heroes / jue dai shuang jiao" is my fav. Series top. Honestly, i really want they can let Ethan play in one of the wuxia series by jinyong or gulong..hope the director can read my mind....LOL:joy:

Yes, I agree and hope they just don’t keep redoing these classic shows. There are so many good Wuxia and Xianxia or blended novels out there - plenty of materials to adapt for series. Also script writers, director and producers for Cdrama needs to improve still. I hope when shows like NiF and TMOPB become the standard Cdramas instead of rare gems. Although if they remade Duke of Mt Deer with Ethan and Mark Chao and YM would be interesting. Not easy to redo Andy Lau and Tony Leung tho.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

Yes, I agree and hope they just don’t keep redoing these classic shows. There are so many good Wuxia and Xianxia or blended novels out there - plenty of materials to adapt for series. Also script writers, director and producers for Cdrama needs to improve still. I hope when shows like NiF and TMOPB become the standard Cdramas instead of rare gems. Although if they remade Duke of Mt Deer with Ethan and Mark Chao and YM would be interesting. Not easy to redo Andy Lau and Tony Leung tho.

Yes.right. have many good wuxia novel can be adapted. Andy lau and tony leung are big artist .they are really great actors. Maybe Ethan and Mark can play together in two peerless heroes(Jue Dai Shuang Jiao),remember they are best friends. Ethan can be Xiao Yu Er because he is more suited to play active, naughty , flirt role and Mark can be Hua Wu Que with his patient and pious role. And for the female main role if is yangmi,i want to add liu yi fei include too.LOL... maybe my imagination is little ridiculous :joy:

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, lovecarnation said:

Maybe Ethan and Mark can play together in two peerless heroes(Jue Dai Shuang Jiao),remember they are best friends. Ethan can be Xiao Yu Er because he is more suited to play active, naughty , flirt role and Mark can be Hua Wu Que with his patient and pious role. And for the female main role if is yangmi,i want to add liu yi fei include too.LOL... maybe my imagination is little ridiculous :joy:

and I just want YM to be the main actress. and she got two characters. one pair with M. one pair with E. how crazy I am. still can't move on from this couple...  i want to see the jealousy from  M and E to YM :lol::wub::wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

i'm sorry all ladies, i want to asked how much total views for our legend fuyao until now? i have look some post that TMOPB have 55 billion until now, and is c-drama that gets most views. i'm sorry because i'm crazy lovers of fuyao.. so i'm very curious about that. if i'm not wrong last i know fuyao gets 16.8 billion but only from tencent network online. right? i want fuyao gets big views too...LOL...i know i shouldn't compared LOF and TMOPB but i just want to know how they count about the totally views and i'm really not means to compared that 2 series. does someone know about that and can explain to me? tx so much...

• Like 2