[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Fox fall in love, 狐狸的夏天, second season update

0ly40

I already watched all 21 episodes (managed to find a site to watch without VIP status) and it ended rather abruptly. I think the continuation will start mid May after season 1 episodes have finished broadcasting. 

I like Yan Shu's character. She is certainly not a push over. However, I feel Cheng Ze and the 2nd male lead should have protected her more from the ChairLady. Overall I really enjoyed this drama. Hoping for more sweetness between our OTP !

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama ( and The Masked Lover.. not sure if that's ch or tw) my guilty pleasure drama. I usually watch rom-com from ch or tw for pleasure.

I couldn't take this drama seriously.. if you know what I mean but anyway I binge up to ep 12 Ha ha. IKR. Ha ha.. 7 onwards  not sub and I watched it raw.. not understanding dialogue but I know the scenes and story to follow what's going. This is kinda like Boss and Me.

Gu Zhe probably had a traumatic childhood past hence he's super obsessive compulsive neat cleanliness guy. Plus the episode where they were stuck in the car then it rained we saw flashback of  his childhood he was cowering and crying I think he was left by mom? He is adopted right? Gu Zhao is the real son.

Yeah, Gu Zhao is the real grandson, spoiled and lazy. Gu Zhe's adopted. I didn't really pay close attention to what he said happened to his parents, just know that they both passed away. However, in the ending credits, I think you see his younger version with his parents involved in an accident in the rain. That's probably what traumatized him. 

I just finished binge watching this drama to ep 21, saw 6 episodes subbed in english. I really like the main male lead's character and he is a treat for the eyes! LOL He is gorgeous . I feel slightly pervy after writing that LOL Is he a newbie? He's acting pretty well. A bit stiff with some movements  (though that could be bec of how the character is written) but conveys emotion well through his eyes.

I really wish they added a couple more episodes before they ended season 1 bec it felt like after 21 episodes,not much really happened to advance their relationship. This can only be a guess since it hasn't been fully subbed. So I should preface the following by warning folks:
Possible SPOILERS ahead:

Spoiler

I skipped most of the step-sister since I can only take so much mean-spiritedness and self-entitlement and to top it off - bad manners!

skipped most of the mom too since she was mostly ineffectual to protect main female lead, then when they showed her coming to school and announcing herself as the mean girl's mom and ignoring the female lead, essentially denying their relationship, well, she wasn't worth my time after that LOL

wish there was more of the step dad, he seemed decent enough, autistic half-brother mentioned a couple times and that's it. Wish they showed how main female feels abt him.

could not skip most of the grandma even if i wanted to bec she drove a lot of the conflict esp towards the end. But typical rich elder who is unreasonable and elitist and nasty, thinks she's above everyone and for all her flaunted wealth and avowed superiority acts without class. Her biggest sin IMO is how she treats main guy, reportedly adopted into the family but mostly treated as a glorified slave to do stuff that her lazy spoiled grandson does not or cannot do.

the secretary is cute and funny. Skipped most of his story line bec i couldn't  understand and didn't really care abt the girl paired with him. cared more abt his relationship with  the CEO. He seems like the closest to a friend the CEO has.

like the neighbor, he seems a cool guy and wish i could understand what their conversations are. He seems like a confidant and maybe an unwitting bridge for the 2 and their love journey.

now for the 3 main leads...

the slacker brother: flash backs reveal he isn't as much of a loser as the early episodes showed. If I guessed right though, he used his position to make life hard for female lead early on. He has cause bec she disappeared on him without telling him a thing but it went on too long and affected the company! VEry unprofessional.. I kinda feel bad for him though bec from what I gueseds, she's clearly over him, there were just residual feelings of angst and mostly hate towards the grandma esp in the first few episodes. It looked like she merely tolerated his presence. When they were on better footing, it looked more like a friendship than a romantic relationship on her end. He's still hung up on her, and probably more now that he sees how she's matured and is very capable.  But his glaring flaw is just that he's so weak. He cannot protect her. At least so far. Maybe his character will continue to grow as it did since the beginning.

Female lead: I saw comments where they said they like her bec she is  a strong character etc but watching the early episodes, she just got on my nerves. Being strong doesn't mean being rude, vengeful and a bit mean. First scene with her was the prank on the guy on the plane who was obnoxious but spilling the wine might have been enough of a petty revenge but the lipstick trick was just a shade over the line. The mature way would have been to ask assistance from the flight attendant or maybe cover your nose or wipe surfaces with disinfectant in his view.. 

When she went to the blind date set up by her mom, the complicated relationship she had with her mom wasnt fully exposed yet so it seemed they were ok but instead of just refusing she goes in disguise and proceeds to be obnoxious. The date was a bit of a blowhard but he wasn't bad until her behavior got bad. Then she lies abt male lead and when caught, lies even more and to top it off, makes him pay for an outrageously expensive drink. It just was too much to dump on an innocent bystander. There were other instances but too long..

But this was her thing beginning to maybe a past midpoint. Kinda a bit self-involved, doesn't really explain herself much even to people who she should answer to leading to more misunderstandings. Considering she was the employee and managed to sponge off her employer more by living with him, at least thank the guy for saving her over and over. Her character changes some (becomes easier to take for me)  esp after she moves to his company and is given responsibility and after some of the mess is cleared, recognition. Getting too long so ...

Main guy - I like how layered his character is (if I'm guessing right , will know more after subs are out). He isn't just the typical work genius, or just the typical compulsive neat freak, germ-fearing main lead. He isn't just the unreasonable boss. Not the typical rich rude lead.  Nor the typical traumatized kid now dysfunctional adult. He is all that and more or less. He gives people a chance to explain even after he catches them in a lie. His standards are high but he is held to the same standard by the grandma so it's just fair. I really like that even though he is smart and good at work I don't think he is verbally abusive or insulting. I really like his straight shooting character. I don't think he resents that the company isn't his even though he works the hardest for it, maybe resents tht his brother doesn't help out. I am guessing bec of his adopted status which the grandma probably shoves down his throat all the time, he has to be perfect all the time and work like a dog for this "debt" of them taking him in, and follow everything she says and give in to his brother and protect him. I think this of one of those layers.  He likes her but, again if got it right, he helps his brother try to win her, and he takes a back seat. So at the last episode (I think) when she kisses him back, he's got a lot of thinking to do. Does he enter the competition and try to win her against his brother? does he go against his grandma since she is labeled a big hell NO as a partner for their family? and so on.

I say, ditch them! Go set up your own company and take her with you! LOL He's brilliant enough he'll do great, so is she. He's worked enough to cover his "debt" several times over. Enough is enough! Let the anointed brother take his turn.

There were way too many flashbacks! There were flashbacks of episode 1 in episode 2 for pete's sake! Took too much time instead of advancing the story and exploring more abt her background with her mom and dad. They didn't even get to his back story of his family, just too short flashbacks abt a  rainy night and a car accident. Except for one scene, not much is shown abt the brothers relationship when they were younger but glad they added that. It added another layer to the story. They also din;t show how her relationship was with her step dad and did her real father die from alcohol related illness? Did the mom really leave the dad bec of money or was there more? There should at least have been some hints.  At this point the mom is one-dimensional but it looks like she has a good relationship with the husband so maybe there is more to it. Did she live with her dad or her mom or did she live with her after he died?

Or wasit all in the parts I skipped? Wouldn't have understood anyway.

How the heck did she afford to live abroad on her own for 7 years? Somehow got the impression she didn't get much support. Why did she have no money hardly after she came back? She talks a big game but didn't seem to have much of a back up plan.

There's a lot to like, obviously since I watched most of  it raw LOL but hope they get some of the kinks out.

At the end of 21 episodes, we get to the point that both of them now realize they like the other. At least that's what I guessed. While significant, it feels slow, and not much happened. Kinda wish they got to the point where they begin a relationship and then the next season shows that relationship tested. i was just disappointed. Maybe if I discovered this drama after part of season 2 was out like what happened with Master Devil Do not Kiss, it wouldn't have mattered and I wouldn't have noticed. But it feels like most of  the best parts of their love story is still to come and we get teasers from the beginning and ending credits so it's even more of a let down. Bec I kept waiting to see some of the scenes I already saw. So I guess the teaser worked bec I will definitely wait for season 2 but it kinda annoyed me a bit. Why didnt they just use season 1 footage?

Well just wanted to drop a comment and this turned out to be a reaction/review. Oops!

@cdcotr

Thank you for sharing through about this drama I read everything. At least I know already . I also skip sis vs sis, bro vs bro thing and even the mother scenes. I've finished up to episode 12 but will continued  the rest. At the end of the day..or the drama I want happily ever after for the lead.. I don't know who the stars are but  I like the male lead.  and yes, easy on the eye. I also like that he wears suit and tie and looks so extra and dapper.. I got irritated and annoyed with the spraying thing like.. is there really such  man like that but, I suppose they exist if one's really super OC.

I like how you describe Gu Zhe- the male lead character and I agree!

16 hours ago, cdcotr said:

Main guy - I like how layered his character is (if I'm guessing right , will know more after subs are out). He isn't just the typical work genius, or just the typical compulsive neat freak, germ-fearing main lead. He isn't just the unreasonable boss. Not the typical rich rude lead.  Nor the typical traumatized kid now dysfunctional adult. He is all that and more or less. He gives people a chance to explain even after he catches them in a lie. His standards are high but he is held to the same standard by the grandma so it's just fair. I really like that even though he is smart and good at work I don't think he is verbally abusive or insulting. I really like his straight shooting character. I don't think he resents that the company isn't his even though he works the hardest for it, maybe resents tht his brother doesn't help out. I am guessing bec of his adopted status which the grandma probably shoves down his throat all the time, he has to be perfect all the time and work like a dog for this "debt" of them taking him in, and follow everything she says and give in to his brother and protect him. I think this of one of those layers.

Thumbs up for the character and how he is as person.

Once I'm done with 13-21 I'll share my thoughts as well.

@jongski

thanks for reading that long post LOL! I look forward to what you will say when you finish watching it.  I did forget to mention one other flaw I noted but might just be bec I cannot understand the language ...but I was never clear on what his thing abt lying was. Did he have an allergic reaction when he hears lies? Is that the cause of the sneezing? But he didnt have that much even when female lead lied pretty much constantly. Can he really detect lies?     There probably are people out there who need to spray disinfectant everywhere , or at least wipe down surfaces with antibacterial or disinfecting wipes or use the liquid hand sanitizer. But the problem is they were not as consistent with it. Someone with such a serious disorder would be more consistent abt it ...but maybe that's the point, he wasn;t really that compulsive. If he was, he wouldnt last long with the female lead since she does not really regard it seriously, kinda mocks him or belittles it even though he's made it very clear to her. ANother thing I disliked at her character is that she doesn't really respect his house rules. You're staying free of rent, least you could do is respect the owner's rules.   I find the male lead much more likeable than the female lead. Hopefully that changes when I get to watch with subs.

Hi @cdcotr, loved reading your thoughts.  Thank you for sharing them.  I finished watching the first 21 episodes as well, and thought I'd take a stab at answering some of the questions you posed. 

Spoiler

skipped most of the mom too since she was mostly ineffectual to protect main female lead, then when they showed her coming to school and announcing herself as the mean girl's mom and ignoring the female lead, essentially denying their relationship, well, she wasn't worth my time after that LOL

wish there was more of the step dad, he seemed decent enough, autistic half-brother mentioned a couple times and that's it. Wish they showed how main female feels abt him.

So, this is in no ways an attempt to excuse mom for what she did, but I thought I'd add more explanation/details which, I think add to her layers, at least.  The mom ignored LYS at school because the stepsister basically didn't give her a choice.  When the mom told her she was planning on attending as their parents, the stepsister said, fine, but only if she disavowed her own daughter, because she didn't want anyone at school to know about their relationship.  (The stepsister is truly a horrible person.)  In the end, mom ended up choosing the stepdaughter. 

That naturally begs the question, "Why?" and I think the answer came towards the end of S1 when the mom was trying to get LYS to return to the Han company.  She basically told her mom she never planned on going back there and asked her mom why she was so desperate for her to be a part of the Han company.  This was, IMO, the most interesting thing the mom had to say.  She explained that she's concerned for her son.  The dad's health is not the most stable and there's a good chance he'll predecease her.  If that should happen, stepsister will have no qualms about kicking her out of the house, and then what will that mean for the son?  It was at that moment that LYS's softened and said she was sure the stepfather would make provisions for her younger brother, and that's probably as close as we got to knowing how she feels about the brother since he played such a nonexistent role in S1. 

Anyhow, again, I'm not trying to make up for the mom's sins but I do find her to be an interesting character in that she's not so black/white.  She's not horrible like the stepsister or the Gu Grandma.  But she's not exactly made up of white lilies either.  I see her as a woman who made a choice way back when and now she's trying her best to live her life as successfully as she can based on those choices that she made, if that makes sense.

I too wish we saw more of the stepfather as he does seem like a mostly decent guy.  But there were definitely times too when I thought he could've done more to speak up.  For example, there was a scene where stepdaughter came in with guns blazing and basically talking trash about mom (her stepmother) in front of them both.  It wasn't until the mom had a bit of an attack (stress attack?) that the dad leapt forward and told her to shut-up.  Given the horrible things she was saying about the mom up until that point, however, just seemed like he might have wanted to step in sooner, but... oh wells. 

[Grandma's] biggest sin IMO is how she treats main guy, reportedly adopted into the family but mostly treated as a glorified slave to do stuff that her lazy spoiled grandson does not or cannot do.

Totally.  The most heartbreaking scene was when Grandma was accusing main guy of having betrayed her and he just went off on her, and asked her why she always felt the need to remind him of what she'd done for him.  He basically told her that to her, he might just be someone her family decided to take in and raise, but for him, she was no different from his own mother.  (Or something like that, I watched that episode probably two days ago by now, but that was the sentiment of the scene.) 

IMO Grandma doesn't know how to cherish and value the things that matter the most, and instead wastes her time and energy on all this other useless stuff.  No wonder her grandson has grown up to be as spoiled and lazy he is!  She's fortunate that main guy has as strong of a sense of responsibility as he does!

the secretary is cute and funny. Skipped most of his story line bec i couldn't  understand and didn't really care abt the girl paired with him.

There's not much story to tell there.  We learn how they meet because main guy asked secretary for relationship advice (those were the flashbacks we saw of him running into her when she was drunk and then taking her home with him because he didn't know what else to do with her and because he wanted to make sure he got compensation for his phone, which she broke while drunk).  Since then the point/joke of their relationship is that she is clearly of a wealthy background.  But he hates "those kinds of girls," and so she is pretending to not be one and every time he runs into her by accident, she has to come up with excuses.  Like when he runs into her carrying a lot of luxury brand shopping bags, he asks her what she's doing spending all that money, and she claims to have a friend in France and she's going to send over the luxury handbags to her there.  And he's like, "You're going to buy a Chanel bag in China to send to France?"  She knows it doesn't make much sense but has to pretend like it makes total sense!  She also likes to spoil him, which she can do because has the money, but then has to figure out ways to hide it so that he won't know.

like the neighbor, he seems a cool guy and wish i could understand what their conversations are. He seems like a confidant and maybe an unwitting bridge for the 2 and their love journey.

The neighbor is awesome, and one of my favorite characters in this drama.  He is a sounding board for LYS and he has totally cottoned on to how she and main guy really feel about each other, though he's careful to let them figure it out.  But he does ask pointed and relevant questions.  Like on one occasion, when LYS is mad at main guy for something, the neighbor just says, "You know, you seem to care a lot about what he thinks about you..."  I love how main guy also always goes batty knowing that LYS is out drinking with him.  Mr. Jealous, much?  Heh, heh, heh.

the slacker brother: flash backs reveal he isn't as much of a loser as the early episodes showed. If I guessed right though, he used his position to make life hard for female lead early on. He has cause bec she disappeared on him without telling him a thing but it went on too long and affected the company! VEry unprofessional..

So... when the brother meets up with LYS for the first time (in the present) he demands an explanation for what happened in the past and she basically lies that never loved him and was only ever into him because he had money.  Hearing this upsets him and causes him to be bitter, which is why he started being a jerk around her at work and even went so far as to sabotage some business plans she was working on.  But on the night that LYS's mom invited him to dinner at their house and LYS went over to intervene after she found out, he ended up overhearing her conversation with her mother.  And that's when he learned the truth of why she really dumped him, which is that she'd found out her mother wanted to meddle in her relationship with him.  Already, she was facing opposition from Grandma, but that was something she could handle.  She wasn't scared of Grandma.  But when she found out that her mother wanted to arrange a marriage between her and him, she didn't want to become like her mother, and above all, she didn't want her first love relationship to be turned into something so mercenary all thanks to her mom, and so that's why she decided to break up with the brother.  She also knows she said horrible things to him to make him angry at her, but she did it so that the relationship would end on her terms and so he wouldn't hanker for her.  In essence, she thought she was doing him a favor by treating him that way so that he'd be mad at her (versus pining for her).

Now that the brother knows the truth of the past, that has obviously changed how he feels about LYS and now wants to get back to her.  He's convinced that if she could do all that for him, that means she must still have feelings for him, except that she doesn't.  She's moved on.  She had to mature quickly and grow up, having had to strike out on her own from as early an age as she did, and she's just not the same person that she was all those years.  She's tried explaining that to the brother, but he's a stubborn one and hard to shake off.  As main guy observed, his tenacity is both his strength and his weakness.

But this was [main girl's] thing beginning to maybe a past midpoint. Kinda a bit self-involved, doesn't really explain herself much even to people who she should answer to leading to more misunderstandings. Considering she was the employee and managed to sponge off her employer more by living with him, at least thank the guy for saving her over and over. Her character changes some (becomes easier to take for me)  esp after she moves to his company and is given responsibility and after some of the mess is cleared, recognition.

So... this one's a bit harder to respond to.  I'll be straight up and admit my bias from the beginning.  I like her and I am one of those who believe her to be a strong character.  Yes, she lies and yes, she manipulates, and yes, she does both to get her way, but on the other hand, she's never lied or manipulated about the things that truly mattered.  Her lies and manipulations, especially at the beginning, were mostly geared towards survival.  When it comes to work matters on the other hand, she's always been honest and above the board.  And that is something the main guy has come to learn about her.  In the beginning, he just believed her to be an outright liar who didn't have an honest bone in her body.  But now, even when he's going on and on about how she just loves to lie, he knows she's actually someone he can trust. 

In the beginning, I also got really frustrated with her refusal to speak up for herself and like you, thought that her silence led more misunderstandings.  I was mostly frustrated though because I did like her and wanted to see her defending herself so that people would stop having the wrong ideas about her!  But as the story went on and we learned more about her, and especially her past, I came to understand why she so often doesn't fight back and keeps her silence instead.  She basically learned early on that there wasn't any point because she wouldn't believed and it would lead to more headache than it was worth.  The main guy coming to her aid over the plagiarizing incident was the first time someone fought on her behalf, and that was huge, but also sad . . . sad because she shouldn't have to be as old as she is now before finally having someone at her back.

I think the key thing about main girl is she's not necessarily what you think she is.  She gives a lot of bluster which leads people to think one thing when they meet her, but she's got layers.  And she is a thoughtful person.  One of my favorite conversations between her and main guy is towards the end after Grandma's fired her from her job.  He tells her to just sit tight and that if he can't get Grandma to hire her back in the next few days, he'll do it himself.  She tells him not to get involved and her explanation for that is because she knows how much he'd suffer if he had to go against Grandma's wishes, and she doesn't want him to have to go through that.  He responded that he appreciated her thoughtfulness, but reminded her that this was his duty as a CEO anyway, to get involved.  I loved this conversation because it was a shining example of just how far these two have come since the beginning of the drama.  They understand now that their first impressions were just that, first impressions.  Because, like her, main guy's got layers too and is more than what you see at first glance. 

Having said that, I do understand where you're coming from too.  The main girl's not perfect, and she's certainly not your typical candy-type female lead either, but I actually like that she's flawed.  Makes her feel more human, IMO.

He likes her but, again if got it right, he helps his brother try to win her, and he takes a back seat. So at the last episode (I think) when she kisses him back, he's got a lot of thinking to do. Does he enter the competition and try to win her against his brother? does he go against his grandma since she is labeled a big hell NO as a partner for their family? and so on.

I cut most of your description of the main guy because I pretty much agreed with your characterization of him and didn't have much else to add.  :)  But as for this part, in the beginning, he kept her close because he realized that he could use her as the carrot to get his brother to come to work.  And it worked -- the brother started showing up every day and then started to actually do work as well.  But the problem with it working so well is that he had to keep doing it in order to ensure that the brother stayed involved in the company.  Which is how he ended up writing up a contract with the brother.  He'd help brother figure out LYS's likes/dislikes/interests/etc., if brother continued to cooperate with work.  I actually don't think that he necessarily wanted to agree to helping out brother with the spying stuff, but he was also facing pressure from Grandma on the other side, so this seemed the easiest way to accomplish the mission.  He gave it up pretty quickly though once LYS found out about the contract. 

Even before LYS kissed him back, he'd already become aware of his growing feelings towards her.  So yes, I expect that in S2 we're going see him struggling with a lot of internal debates.

and did her real father die from alcohol related illness? Did the mom really leave the dad bec of money or was there more? There should at least have been some hints.  At this point the mom is one-dimensional but it looks like she has a good relationship with the husband so maybe there is more to it. Did she live with her dad or her mom or did she live with her after he died?

From what I've been able to piece together from the different comments said here and there by LYS and her stepsister, yes, the mom left the dad for the richer stepdad.  I don't think LYS's father was necessarily poor from the beginning though.  Maybe he was more middle class or something in terms of amount of wealth, and when he lost his wife, he just went to pieces.  Started drinking, became an alcoholic, and gambled away whatever money he had.   I think LYS lived with her mom after the divorce, but after school every day she'd run over town trying to locate her dad.  That's why she ends up at that one bar all the time; that was a favorite hang out place of her dad's.  In the end, he did die of an illness.  I don't think it was necessarily from alcoholism, but I'm sure that didn't help and if anything hastened his death.  But basically she tells main guy at one point that her father kept his illness from her and by the time she found out about it, it was too late for treatment and plus neither of them had the money for it.  The one part I'm not so clear on is that stepsister's always saying that her mom broke up her family.  What I can't tell is whether that means her father was still married to her mom at the time when LYS's mom came along.  It doesn't really sound like that's the case though, but if it is, makes me really wonder where stepsis's mom is.  :tongue:

How the heck did she afford to live abroad on her own for 7 years? Somehow got the impression she didn't get much support. Why did she have no money hardly after she came back? She talks a big game but didn't seem to have much of a back up plan.

She didn't get any support from her mother.  When her mother makes a comment at one point about the way LYS is treating her after having raised her and supported her all these years, LYS tosses back that she never accepted a single penny from them in all the time she was living abroad.  Instead she used the money Grandma offered to her to break up with Gu Jin Yu, the brother.  Which just added to the irony when she came back to the Gu Company as Karen Li.  In fact, during that incident, she tells Grandma that really, she has her to thank for who she's become.  Because if she and Gu Jin Yu had been allowed to continue dating back then, they probably would've broken up by now.  But instead, Grandma meddled and made things so ugly so she left and became a stronger, independent person, and used the money to study and become a fashion designer... which is how she could now come back as a designer whom the company basically groveled at to sign. 

At the end of 21 episodes, we get to the point that both of them now realize they like the other. At least that's what I guessed. While significant, it feels slow, and not much happened. Kinda wish they got to the point where they begin a relationship and then the next season shows that relationship tested.

Yes, your guess is correct, that's exactly what happened.  I'm actually fine with the pacing of the drama; in fact, I really like it a lot.  Both LYS and the main guy are not simple characters.  There are a lot of sides to them, and I appreciate that they've had this opportunity to get to know each other and that the drama has allowed them to build this foundation.  IMO it actually helps the relationship to feel more organic and realistic than if they'd just gone from one spectrum of hating each other to being in love the next.  I expect that S2 will be more of a, "We want to be together, but there are all these obstacles in our path," sort of thing, and without a strong foundation, I'm not sure they'd be able to weather all that is yet to come. 

I'm so in love with these fractured souls and am glad they've found each other.  I am counting down the days, if not minutes to S2.  You'd think I would've learned my lesson from "Master Devil" and slowed down my watch so that I wouldn't now have to wait weeks for another new episode, but the problem was once I started watching, I couldn't stop!  Seriously, Tecent Video just needs to stop this whole Season business and give us everything as one drama because I'm sure, just as it did with "Master Devil," S2 will pick up right where S1 left off.  Sigh.  I miss this drama already.... 

And putting this under a cut because my reply turned ridiculously long!  :tongue:

On 4/16/2017 at 10:18 PM, cdcotr said:

but I was never clear on what his thing abt lying was. Did he have an allergic reaction when he hears lies? Is that the cause of the sneezing? But he didnt have that much even when female lead lied pretty much constantly. Can he really detect lies?     There probably are people out there who need to spray disinfectant everywhere , or at least wipe down surfaces with antibacterial or disinfecting wipes or use the liquid hand sanitizer. But the problem is they were not as consistent with it. Someone with such a serious disorder would be more consistent abt it ...but maybe that's the point, he wasn;t really that compulsive. If he was, he wouldnt last long with the female lead since she does not really regard it seriously, kinda mocks him or belittles it even though he's made it very clear to her. ANother thing I disliked at her character is that she doesn't really respect his house rules. You're staying free of rent, least you could do is respect the owner's rules.   I find the male lead much more likeable than the female lead. Hopefully that changes when I get to watch with subs.

Yes, he appears to have an allergic reaction to lies.  (According to drama descriptions for his character, he's a human lie detector.)  It usually manifests in sneezes, but in the beginning at least, he seemed to have stronger reactions towards LYS's lies.  Hence the slumping over her at their initial meeting during the blind date fiasco.  It's also why later on, he sometimes avoids looking at her when he demands an explanation from her (even going so far as to cover her eyes on one occasion) because he's afraid she'll start spouting lies, causing him to have a physical reaction. 

As for his germaphobia, if I had to guess (in my completely non-medical background opinion :tongue: ), I'd say he's on some OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) spectrum. 

According to his doctor, his issues likely stem from childhood trauma.  Pertinently, he can't seem to recall any of the details surrounding his parents' death.  Once he figures that out, I think a lot of problems will be resolved.

It's interesting to read that you think LYS is disrespecting him and his house rules.  I honestly never considered it from that perspective, although I can understand why you might feel that way now that you've pointed it out.  I don't think she's mocking him or belittling him though.  I think for the most part, she's just being herself, which is a disorganized, messy person.  In the beginning, she also just doesn't understand him and his quirks, and thinks he needs to loosen up.  As she gets to know him though, I think she is more sympathetic.  One example of that would be when he catches her in her office one evening, when it's just the two of them, she's got disinfectant and napkins handy to give to him. 

But above all, I think what makes them work so beautifully is that they balance each other and make up for each others' weaknesses.  A great example of that is with the lollipop.  Once, when they were hanging out together, she dropped some on the floor before offering him one and he objected on the grounds that it'd touched the ground.  She could hardly believe his reaction given that the lollipop was entirely wrapped.  But then not long after, he saved the little girl from getting hit by a car, and in return she picked up the lollipop she'd dropped and gave it to him.  The secretary was all shocked and amazed that he would eat it after it'd touched the ground, but he just pointed out that it was entirely wrapped and repeated LYS's words at him.  Similarly, in that last episode, when he goes to the neighbor and asks him to help LYS out, the neighbor comments that main guy has changed.  And then he suggests that main guy think about who it might have been who helped him bring about those changes.

But I'd argue that they're both influencing each other, and that's what I love watching.  :) 

I haven't watched many Chinese dramas since most are just too long.  I am currently watching this drama raw and I cannot believe almost all of the secondary females’ characters are just richard simmons. Is this the norm with Chinese drama?  The step sister and the brother need to have a life, such a one dimension character. They both have leadership job but none of them actually do their job. I really like the main female and male lead. 

There is nothing wrong with the female lead.i love how her reactions are more like a real person than what we usually get from dramas.

i hate cookie cutter female characters,they are not realistic.

I hope season 2 comes fast 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Marrent Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Fox fall in love, 狐狸的夏天inland Chinese Drama 2017] Fox fall in love, 狐狸的夏天

All the episodes came out today for tencent VIP members. It's 44 episodes total and not 46 as stated by some sites. All of the episodes should be trickling out soon on their main website and on youtube but all the episodes should come out in a few days. I'll probably binge through it all tomorrow. I hope it stays funny and happy even though I know there will be angst. Lol, I skimmed through episode 44 to see if it was actually the last episodes and it is. 

im starting to watch season two and the second male lead is soooooooo annoying he is like a childish boy having tantrums about not getting what he want the girl told you she has no feelings for u leave her alone 

On 4/12/2017 at 11:09 AM, rikimaiu said:

I already watched all 21 episodes (managed to find a site to watch without VIP status) and it ended rather abruptly. I think the continuation will start mid May after season 1 episodes have finished broadcasting. 

I like Yan Shu's character. She is certainly not a push over. However, I feel Cheng Ze and the 2nd male lead should have protected her more from the ChairLady. Overall I really enjoyed this drama. Hoping for more sweetness between our OTP !

Agreed, ended too abruptly like devil do not kiss me... 

Archived