[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I have go to work...:(

Yeo Jin Goo And Gong Seung Yeon Share A Hug For A Change In Atmosphere In “Circle” Preview Stills

Circle-1.jpg
SHARES1K
It seems like there is no way to predict the conclusion of “Circle”!

On June 25, tvN’s sci-fi drama “Circle” released preview stills of Yeo Jin Goo and Gong Seung Yeonsharing a hug, looking like lovers. Since their respective characters Kim Woo Jin and Han Jung Yeon had spent the entire drama chasing the truth, the loving atmosphere in the stills are quite different. There are only two episodes to go of “Circle,” but there are still lots of stories to be told and loose ends to be tied.

Spoiler

Circle-2.jpg

The “Circle” production staff relayed, “Another shocking secret will be revealed through the research material that Kim Woo Jin’s father Kim Kyu Chul left.”

They added, “You can definitely look forward to the ripple effect as Kim Woo Jin, who has the weight of the world on his shoulders, makes a sad and desperate decision. The ending will be unlike anything you can imagine, so please give it lots of attention.”

What do you think the conclusion of “Circle” will look like?

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/25/yeo-jin-goo-gong-seung-yeon-share-hug-change-atmosphere-circle-preview-stills/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare

Cast Of tvN’s “Circle” Share Their Thoughts About The Finale Of The Drama With Only Two Episodes Left

circle.jpg

With only two episodes left of tvN’s sci-fi drama “Circle,” the actors from the drama share their thoughts about the drama as it comes to an end.

Actor Yeo Jin Goo, who played the role of Kim Woo Jin in the 2017 storyline, said, “It was an honor to be a part of a refreshingly unique drama like ‘Circle,’ with it’s smooth storyline, unique genre of sci-fi mystery, and double track narrative. I would like to thank all the viewers who continued to send us love and support throughout the drama’s run. I was happy and proud to be able to show a different side of me to viewers through the role of Kim Woo Jin.”

Actor Kim Kang Woo, who played the main character in the 2037 storyline, said, “I’m very happy and pleased to have been able to be a part of a drama as novel as ‘Circle’ is. I looked forward to every new script that came out for the drama each week, just as viewers looked forward to each new episode. It was very enjoyable to become immersed in ‘Circle’ and solve the mystery of the drama alongside viewers.”

Actress Gong Seung Yeon stated, “I can’t believe it’s already almost over. We wrapped filming but it still doesn’t feel real to me. I was very happy with filming for the past three months and, because I had such a good time, I feel like I am going to suffer from ‘Circle’ withdrawal for a while.”

more https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/26/cast-tvns-circle-share-thoughts-finale-drama-two-episodes-left/

So, everyone said " I don't like; I don't think ........ that Human B's chairman is Kim woo Jin...etc... "

Except me § I already said one time that I think and I really HOPE that he is the Chairman so it prooves that he is ALIVE !!!!

there's no actor who plays Woo Jin in 2037 !

So if he's not chairman; he is dead !

and now; you see ................ it's a clone !

So; there will be many Kim Woo Jin like in Duel !

they wiil do another Woo Jin

so Han Jung Yun will live with the clone bc he's never old hahahaha

57 minutes ago, diane90 said:

So, everyone said " I don't like; I don't think ........ that Human B's chairman is Kim woo Jin...etc... "

Except me § I already said one time that I think and I really HOPE that he is the Chairman so it prooves that he is ALIVE !!!!

there's no actor who plays Woo Jin in 2037 !

So if he's not chairman; he is dead !

and now; you see ................ it's a clone !

So; there will be many Kim Woo Jin like in Duel !

they wiil do another Woo Jin

so Han Jung Yun will live with the clone bc he's never old hahahaha

lol i was all for clone/android theory because i didn't see how else would the love story survive..if on egets old and well she doesn't get old..

Ha ha.. gotta give ... i had my priorities right in this awesome sci fi thriller.. i did prioritize logic for romance first

2 hours ago, MiAmour said:

@diane90 Like Duel? whoa you watched too many dramas, it might not true either LOL

---

Another clips

I like si-fy ; I watched many sience fiction US serie& movies

korean dramas : not much

korean movie  OK

Now, I only watch Circle, Duel & Secret forest !

So now most riddles have been solved. I still think there are plotholes though and it's a bit fatal for a thriller to have plot holes compared to rom-coms...

Spoiler

I'm glad it's still YGJ playing KWJ in 2037, however how do they suppose cloning works? It's not like you clone somebody and a few days later you have a grown up WJ 2nd, he has to grow still lol

I wonder why they made him 3 times, do the clones have a very short life span? Did WJ wake up every time and try to flee so they just killed him?

The car crash looked really quite spectacular, not sure that you are supposed to be able to talk and move after that though.

Anyways I'm guessing and hoping for a happy ending next episode! It does look good, or is this only my wishful thinking?

I have to say that I'm feeling a bit let down because the whole plot is just ridiculous at this point. All of this foolishness and killing of people just to make people forget something bad that happened in their lives. However, no one is really interested in the alien that is roaming the world and no one is wondering if their are others. Definitely a let down for me.

wo! that was crazy awesome..

What awesome acting.. my heart literally broke into pieces seeing YJ's eyes.. the fear, the loneliness, the lost feeling.. not recognizing anyone.. 20 yrs have passed, when your whole body feels one identity but you know for a fact that that identity is false.. those eyes!!!

Although, i hold to the opinion that memories alone don't make identity.. woo jin is gone.. spiritual, physical, emotional makes us who we are.. in this case even if emotional and spiritual are the same, physical isn't... name him whatever (even if it is WJ).. but let him be embraced with this new identity of being an adopted brother.. because even his brain which knows the truth now would rather accept a new understanding of self than jus tbeing labeled as the one who isn't there..

Although i hate to think how it must feel given your entire conscience is telling you that you are WJ but your brain knows that your are not.. instinct Vs fact

Sucks big time!

30 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I have to say that I'm feeling a bit let down because the whole plot is just ridiculous at this point. All of this foolishness and killing of people just to make people forget something bad that happened in their lives. However, no one is really interested in the alien that is roaming the world and no one is wondering if their are others. Definitely a let down for me.

lol that was my q in the beginning too. but not everyone knows she is an alien..

I was more curious that why would an alien not want to find its home/ parents whatever..

BUT then i guess love and lust comes before.. if your crush tells you to live as X, you live as X despite knowing that there could be a family waiting for you somewhere

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

BUT then i guess love and lust comes before.. if your crush tells you to live as X, you live as X despite knowing that there could be a family waiting for you somewhere

Well, Han Jungyeon herself already stated previously that she'd rather live as Han Jungyeon. 

-

Personally, while this drama isn't as groundbreaking as people would expect, I am thoroughly enjoying the arguments the show presents about memories and human identity. I just read this comment last night, but I really liked it: "Is Bumgyun really Bumgyun with his original body but without Bumgyun's memories and is Woojin really Woojin by being just a clone but with Woojin's memories?" I love all the parallels this show has made about the brothers throughout the drama.

This drama isn't perfect, but it hit all the right spots for me. 

And that scene with Clone!Woojin and Joonhyuk at the end. I'm soooooo impressed with Yeo Jingoo. I mean Kim Kangwoo's good too, but the way Jingoo acts is just something else. He doesn't need to move every single muscle in his face to convey his thoughts as Woojin. 

Anyway... I feel so horrible for the twins and the clone as well.

- Woojin is a tragic character right at the get-go.. T_T It's just too sad... he doesn't deserve this.

- trying to find a brother all these years and then only to find out he's dead and you're only left with a clone.

- Woojin getting into a deadly accident, only to wake up completely fine and his first thought is to find his brother and Jungyeon. And when he finds them, he realizes 20 years has suddenly passed. Like not only is that a whole lot of information to take in, but after that, he realizes he's been made as a mere component with the exact emotions and thoughts of Woojin (whose existence mostly evolved around his brother).. like he still thinks he's truly Woojin. And the moment he hears that his brother whom he knows he's tried to save all this time, only thinks of him as a Human B object... T_T That just hurts so much. And for him to resign himself to returning to Human B and make his brother and Jungyeon live with their current identities far away. He's still the same old selfless Woojin.. 

- When Woojin said he's scared back in 2017. T_T And I don't doubt for a second that Clone!Woojin also means it in the present even if he's just repeating what the original Woojin said. 

Guest norakim

The writers didn't have to kill off WJ. They could of put in a 20 year coma and have him age. Of course, they would have to hire a older actor. They could of also put him in a hibernation chamber like in Passengers and have him awake after 20 years.  

3 hours ago, craptelly said:

Well, Han Jungyeon herself already stated previously that she'd rather live as Han Jungyeon. 

du'oh :)

that is exactly what we are calling as the weakness of a script..

If i make you lose your family, your instinct would be to find your family or not?

What is her motive to not regain memory? - not her dad because she knows he is using her and is not nice.. its her friends, college life, and WJ whom she has started to love and trust.. and love is the strongest motive there... (don't forget it hasn't been long since she is living as his daughter because they would have to explain her why she is not aging.. so maybe a yr o rtwo)

3 hours ago, craptelly said:

-

Personally, while this drama isn't as groundbreaking as people would expect, I am thoroughly enjoying the arguments the show presents about memories and human identity. I just read this comment last night, but I really liked it: "Is Bumgyun really Bumgyun with his original body but without Bumgyun's memories and is Woojin really Woojin by being just a clone but with Woojin's memories?" I love all the parallels this show has made about the brothers throughout the drama.

This drama isn't perfect, but it hit all the right spots for me. 

And that scene with Clone!Woojin and Joonhyuk at the end. I'm soooooo impressed with Yeo Jingoo. I mean Kim Kangwoo's good too, but the way Jingoo acts is just something else. He doesn't need to move every single muscle in his face to convey his thoughts as Woojin. 

Anyway... I feel so horrible for the twins and the clone as well.

- Woojin is a tragic character right at the get-go.. T_T It's just too sad... he doesn't deserve this.

- trying to find a brother all these years and then only to find out he's dead and you're only left with a clone.

- Woojin getting into a deadly accident, only to wake up completely fine and his first thought is to find his brother and Jungyeon. And when he finds them, he realizes 20 years has suddenly passed. Like not only is that a whole lot of information to take in, but after that, he realizes he's been made as a mere component with the exact emotions and thoughts of Woojin (whose existence mostly evolved around his brother).. like he still thinks he's truly Woojin. And the moment he hears that his brother whom he knows he's tried to save all this time, only thinks of him as a Human B object... T_T That just hurts so much. And for him to resign himself to returning to Human B and make his brother and Jungyeon live with their current identities far away. He's still the same old selfless Woojin.. 

- When Woojin said he's scared back in 2017. T_T And I don't doubt for a second that Clone!Woojin also means it in the present even if he's just repeating what the original Woojin said. 

drama is groundbreaking in its own way

18 minutes ago, norakim said:

The writers didn't have to kill off WJ. They could of put in a 20 year coma and have him age. Of course, they would have to hire a older actor. They could of also put him in a hibernation chamber like in Passengers and have him awake after 20 years.  

but then cloning won't make sense.. from romance perspective.. or tragedy or irony of things..

I hate he died..but atleast my romance lives on :tongue:

Archived