[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

After watch second episode I become more confuse and a lot question came out... So mystery story:D In official story line we can read that " The alien believes human emotion should be controlled or they will have no future. The aliens become involved with human"- so we have Smarth Earth when human have a chip who control their emotion, but where are all aliens go? And why not whole world but only who live in Smarth Earth get a control chip? 

And in 2017 KBG take brother KWJ to place where he saw HJY but everything gone. What was this place and what alien/HJY doing there? 

I don't think father be seduce by an alien. I think he take her somewhere to make money thanks to her existence. But what happen next and where he take her this is another case.

@larus I also thinking that Bluebird is this a kid whi KWJ teach. He was brag about his computer skills so who knows? I think this small conversation wasn't in the drama necesarry...

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Netka85 said:

After watch second episode I become more confuse and a lot question came out... So mystery story:D In official story line we can read that " The alien believes human emotion should be controlled or they will have no future. The aliens become involved with human"- so we have Smarth Earth when human have a chip who control their emotion, but where are all aliens go? And why not whole world but only who live in Smarth Earth get a control chip? 

And in 2017 KBG take brother KWJ to place where he saw HJY but everything gone. What was this place and what alien/HJY doing there? 

I don't think father be seduce by an alien. I think he take her somewhere to make money thanks to her existence. But what happen next and where he take her this is another case.

@larus I also thinking that Bluebird is this a kid whi KWJ teach. He was brag about his computer skills so who knows? I think this small conversation wasn't in the drama necesarry...

@larus The student's name is Lee Dong Soo. tumblr_oqnwkzaJDk1sdd1ivo1_540.png And this one is also called circle01-00803.jpg 

Lee Dong Soo. They are the same person, only an older version. Like he mentioned it before, he is good at computers, but he is not as good as Bluebird, especially when you hear that he is not good at studying. I am doubting that LDS is  Bluebird. I believe, each person in the past (2017) will appear in the New World but with a different face and even with a different name, especially after KJW/KJH left New Earth and is not longer possessing the chip card. To me, KJW represents a thread to New Earth hence it is important that he doesn't remember his past. He also lost his memories. He found out what was happening but he was stopped and became a victim like KMJ who was sent there in order to hide the crime. The instigator of the abduction hadn't been found out.

@hmseen I hope, you are joining this thread soon and catch up as quickly as possible, my dear chingu!! 

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

[....]

Maybe the woman appearing in the beginning (the so called alien) was sent there to start the whole thing (New Earth), since the title of this drama is Circle! Interesting is that for KBG, the existence of the alien is connected to the departure of the father (hence he resents the alien), whereas KWJ's memories are connecting the alien to the rescue. She saved his life therefore he doesn't judge her in a bad way.  This underlines that memories can have a different impact on the life of people. While KBG wants to prove its existence in order to have a scapegoat, KWJ is acting the other way because he feels indebted towards her. He doesn't care about her existence as she saved his life.

@bebebisous33 First let me say I read everything and all your post. I love when  I see you in same thread cos I know I will get point by point of the drama.  And now I fully understand eps 1- 2 ( I plan to watch it again)

I agree  the woman (alien) represents something different to  the brothers. KBG resent the alien taking away the father.   Hope we see flashback of what happened and the reason why.. Meanwhile, KWJ was saved by the alien, so  these two brothers, have different take about the so called alien. The one high light.  You're so good You saw the impact of those emotion.. like the brothers one was  resentful (enough to accused and  be obsessed) the other thankful he was saved

The reason for the disappearance of the father intrigues me.  Like KBG thinks the woman  took the father away. Was the father ( for lack of the correct term "brainwashed" into leaving the children? we saw him get in the car with the suitcase, and that's that. So they were left on their own. But there's also a grandma in the home care for the elders. Will the woman 2017 appear in 2037?

5 hours ago, larus said:

What was the purpose of the alien to take him away from his family and where the alien took him? The students that are dying at the University, are subjects of an experiment? The professor is involved in all this? They are trying the alien technology

@larus same questions too. Why the father suddenly  went with the woman.  who killed the university students.  Police said taser was used but  KBG has a  taser. The boy student KWJ was tutoring,  is bluebird? I wonder if he will older counter part in the drama.

To everyone in the thread takes for the updates.

@jongski Thanks a lot for the compliments! It's always great to read that my comments and analysis are appreciated.:wub:

About the departure of the father: First, we should notice that she lived with the father and the children without any problem. They celebrated a birthday with her. So she was adopted by the father and the children. I have the impression that the departure of the father with the alien is connected to the accident too. We shouldn't forget that she was hurt, hence the ambulance was called. So she had to go to the hospital, where people (the staff, especially doctors) might notice that she is different. Someone could discover that only her appearance makes her look like a human, but her anatomy might be different. Imagine the discovery... the father who acted like a husband might be questioned as well about her identity hence he had to disappear. In my opinion, he had to make sure that the alien wouldn't be discovered. We saw that the alien was very passive the entire time. She only reacted to strong events (like the accident) so she would never take any initiative to leave the family and try to hide. On the other hand, the father couldn't take his children with them as it meant that they would be on the run, in case that people might be after them. 

@hmseen @MiAmour @larus 

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

And this one is also called

Lee Dong Soo. They are the same person, only an older version.

I am not good at names and I totally miss that. :lol: So the famous Bluebird is still a mystery.

Thanks for clarifying

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@hmseen I hope, you are joining this thread soon and catch up as quickly as possible, my dear chingu!! 

Thanks for tagging me chingu @bebebisous33... but I am a bit behind... my head is somewhere else... managing other things... been missing the forum so much for the past few days... I will catch up soon but I will read your analysis and review definitely...  

started watching it today.. but haven't they reveled the entire story by ep 2 itself?

- present time line, professor who hired our hero is doing some experiement.. and that experiment has to be Beta phase of future timeline.. the emotion controlling chips.. so the professor is the chairman whom no one has seen

- students are dying because the body are not capable of handling these chips and pent up emotions as a result of that

and that's that!

Thhe alien.. is AI .. and the first prototype of human created ( designer human) is inspired from a woman with that face.. maybe mother of our heroine (because our heroine was a kid back then.. ).. so maybe prof is heroine's dad or watever had a crush on mom  ( or the same AI has improved over 10 years and can fake emotions)

Eventual goal, create humans that can be totally controlled and rule the world..

Future timeline, the guy with whom detective is styaing maybe his brother

The only confusing part is.. bluebird in future timeline is omeone who hacked the system.. the only other genius left to do that is our heroine..but hacking smart earth is a good thing to do !

ok completed ep 3.. most of my suspicions seem valid..

the only alternate theory i can think of is.. that our hero got tired of searching for his brother so dissapeared and joined hands with professor... to improve human B project.. because he believes taking away memory saves people :) and till now what we have seen that bad memories have been taken away.. so that makes our detective the other brother (specy)..

But i am not so convinced with this theory.. wud rather stick to the earlier one.. the true culprit is the professor from college.. and the other brother is also smart ( don't forget both brothers are intelligent.. its just unfortunate that the other focused his energy totally on the alien) so they might have involved him in the system ( e.g. the guy who handles - deputy director- cud be the brother or the junior prf with specs from college)

I think overall the moral of the story is..

( even i have this stron gbelief that if emotions can be controlled, all evil can be controlled.. all little fights can be controlled.. so i absolutely love the topic they have chosen.. because no one else has till now in any country.. well hindu scriptures do talk abt it)

They think controlling emotions and repressing memories can obliviate issues of human nature.. but the moral of the story is.. nature is far more intelligent.. a machine can not defeat human intelligence system... no matter how much it replicates it..

Some trigger somewhere will affect some part of the brain and revoke the memories... leading to intense pain ( nosebleed because of intense pain from pent up emotions)... we all know what happens when we keep repressing our emotions. they explode.. and if the chip has completely repressed them not for a day or two but for years or months or even weeeks.. repressed really strong (painful/happy whatever..but intense) memories.. so when they explode they kill.. a person want to end the pain asap

I don't know if I trust the girl. We know that some of them are aliens--I will say seeing that little creature slithering away after the girl's suicide reminded me of the movie Slither.  Then there is also a part of me that wonders if she's from the future. Regardless, it seems that everything she does is to try and convince him that she's not the alien (conveniently moving her hair to expose her neck, asking him why his brother suspected her, showing emotions, etc). Her being at every suicide scene doesn't make sense because she should have no reason to suspect anything fishy. However, Bum Kyoom was at these sites because he was following her. The university seems to be the hub for 'infecting' these people.

So far, I find this drama very intriguing. I want to know how Woo Jin was captured and implanted and how he got away and changed his name to Joon Hyuk.

I wonder if it's possible that she is 

Spoiler

involved in the development of this micro robot thing (shudder), but it also has an effect on her?  It seems too convenient to make her the villain so easily.

Also, maybe I like her too much to have to switch to disliking her now haha.

And, why the mental institution?

But episode 3 was fantastic, wasn't it? So goooood.  Also, 

Spoiler

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, anyone?  Haven't seen that in forever, but Ho Soo's issues reminded me a bit of that

3 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Her being at every suicide scene doesn't make sense because she should have no reason to suspect anything fishy

Unless her friend was the first to die in which case her excuse is valid.  She said she didn't believe her friend would ever kill herself, which led her to investigate.

TWICE’s Jungyeon Adorably Cheers On Sister Gong Seung Yeon In Her Latest Drama “Circle”

On May 30, actress Gong Seung Yeon shared a snapshot of her little sister, TWICE’s Jungyeon, posing next to a television screen that is playing tvN’s “Circle,” while sporting a giant pair of glasses. The photo was specifically captured when Gong Seung Yeon’s character, also hilariously named Jung Yeon, appeared.

The actress wrote, “Jungyeon is watching Jung Yeon!! I compliment Jungyeon on sending a proof shot of her watching ‘Circle’ live, even though she currently has a busy schedule…”

more

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/29/twices-jungyeon-adorably-cheers-sister-gong-seung-yeon-latest-drama-circle/

I binged this drama this weekend and it is sooooooooooo good. The suspense is so damn suspenseful. I end each episode wanting more. More answers, more questions, and more of my bbs Kim Kang Woo and Yeo Jin Goo. 

The drama is so fresh for a kdrama. It reminds me of Battlestar Galatica (I think there are aliens. I believe the older brother. The Han girl is like number 6 from Battlestar. Aliens so advanced and much like humans some know they're aliens or AI and some don't) and 4400 and '1984' and 'Brave New World' and 'Fahrenheit 452' and 'The Giver' and 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' and a bunch of other dystopian novels and movies. The drama is my sci-fi wet dreams come true. 

Thr story and how it's unfolding is so good. The cast is brilliant. The cinematography is pretty good and the characters, I adore them all. I'm even intrigued by the baddies and Humab B aka the aliens who have taken over the world. 

Drama, I will be heartbroken if the brothers don't reunite in the end, we do t find out where the heck alien girl took dad and what she did with him (I got a stinking feeling he's her "dad" in 2017 and the chairman in 2037. Actually think the now brainwashed half silent brother or bad 2017 professor is the Hunam B chair main or like Wizarf of Oz, he does t really truly exist), and also where the heck is Han alien girl in 2037.

For once I love a drama and it's mystery so much (and feel it's being done well) that I don't want to solve it and trust that the drama will solve and reveal. So won't be posting or reading here much so I can stay in this happy sci-fi suspenseful bliss I feel right now. 

Ep 4 cannot come soon enough. 

Watched ep 3 raw last night but about to watch it subbed in a bit and UGH IT JUST KEEPS BECOMING MORE AND MORE AND MORE AMAZING.

They just keep dropping every reveal with amazing suspense! I can't even organize my thoughts at the moment but one thing for sure, despite the disappointing drop in ratings every episode, this is a show that I am sincerely enjoying. Acting, story, pacing, production value, camera work, I LOVE ALL OF IT.

Archived