[Drama 2017] Mystery Queen 추리의 여왕

larus

@bebebisous33, teacher-nim, you are brilliant. I enjoyed reading your assessment that the killer might be that nice family man with a happy family. I supposed we could rewind episode 10 and watch the faces of those two men. But I won't do it, I believe you. I am also interested to see if Officer Hong is related to a high official, that would be cool that SO has two chaebols with high respect for her.

As to your prediction that Mr. Ha's only goal is to get WS to leave the police force, it seems like such a major way to do something which appears to be simple. If I were Mr.Ha, I would have allowed WS to marry the simple girl, HS, and then ask him nicely to join the law firm, like a kind father would. The young WS wasn't comtemplating a police career at that time, he wanted to be a musical actor. But perhaps that is why I am not a chaebol, I think like a common man. As much as we are all feeling sorry that SO is treated badly in her family, but her facial expression the night HC picked her up from the police station said it all. After the surprised early return home of her husband, and after she got home, she was cutting fruits for the family while they watched a silly variety show, her expression was that being content. It was clear her mind wasn't there as she would have preferred to solve more crime cases, but she was also feeling content that her life isn't so bad. Her BFF, Kyung-Mi, also kept telling her not to get a divorce (for now, but Kyung-Mi approves of WS). SO was very reluctant to accept Hong's recommendation to serve as a civilian detective, but Kyng-Mi convinced her to do it. BFF's reasoning was that SO is a lousy cook and she can't sell her products. I think starting in Episode 11, SO will have her new life and nothing could stop her now. I am guessing her attitude will change and she won't let her family boss her around any more. Hwaitin' Seol-Ok-ssi.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, docster6 said:

@bebebisous33, teacher-nim, you are brilliant. I enjoyed reading your assessment that the killer might be that nice family man with a happy family. I supposed we could rewind episode 10 and watch the faces of those two men. But I won't do it, I believe you. I am also interested to see if Officer Hong is related to a high official, that would be cool that SO has two chaebols with high respect for her.

As to your prediction that Mr. Ha's only goal is to get WS to leave the police force, it seems like such a major way to do something which appears to be simple. If I were Mr.Ha, I would have allowed WS to marry the simple girl, HS, and then ask him nicely to join the law firm, like a kind father would. The young WS wasn't comtemplating a police career at that time, he wanted to be a musical actor. But perhaps that is why I am not a chaebol, I think like a common man. As much as we are all feeling sorry that SO is treated badly in her family, but her facial expression the night HC picked her up from the police station said it all. After the surprised early return home of her husband, and after she got home, she was cutting fruits for the family while they watched a silly variety show, her expression was that being content. It was clear her mind wasn't there as she would have preferred to solve more crime cases, but she was also feeling content that her life isn't so bad. Her BFF, Kyung-Mi, also kept telling her not to get a divorce (for now, but Kyung-Mi approves of WS). SO was very reluctant to accept Hong's recommendation to serve as a civilian detective, but Kyng-Mi convinced her to do it. BFF's reasoning was that SO is a lousy cook and she can't sell her products. I think starting in Episode 11, SO will have her new life and nothing could stop her now. I am guessing her attitude will change and she won't let her family boss her around any more. Hwaitin' Seol-Ok-ssi.

1. First, thanks for the compliment... after receiving so many compliments from you, I am blushing LOL happy white cloud

2. I have got many reasons to think that YH's father is the criminal:

- their resemblance

- the fact that we saw the criminal going to his car,  taking off his mask and right after we have the next scene where YSO meets YH's father.

- then the creepy music

- Furthermore her comment ("you are always off work early") indicates that he has a certain habit (she has noticed his movement) but he is able to move freely in the neighbourhood since he stops working earlier than the others. He is able to steal the underwear, while everyone else is working

- Finally her comment (You're a happy family) is another clue. YSO needs to face the hypocrisie and fakeness... In that matter, YSO is really too blind for that. She has to learn to distinguish between the seem and reality. She made her first mistake with the grandfather (case with the fake buglary). Since the criminal was a teacher and kept saying that he loved his daughter-in-law, she believed him. Just like the friend of the victim, who said that he liked the victim. however, he never stopped the husband from abusing his wife and he was supposed to be a good friend of the victim. After being confronted with the ugly truth, she might ask herself if KHC and his family are treating her like a real family member. So she starts questioning everything...

As conclusion, I want her to solve the case with the underwear thief and killer before she sees JDJ released and discovers what her husband has done behind her back.   

3. Hong and his family could play a major role in stopping Ha from achieving his goal. I also believe that he belongs to an influential and rich family. First it was pointed out very early that he was very young to become a lieutnant. His rank was even superior to HWS's rank. Then the fact that he could change his Unit (instead of Intelligence Department, the Crime Unit) so quickly was another indication. But if Ha uses Woo and the Unit to make HWS leave, I can imagine that Hong could use his connection as well so that Woo is forced to lose his position as superior. Ha has never met another powerful family so far, so he is used to have his ways.

4. I don't think that Ha would have been able to stop HWS from becoming a musical actor. First, HS was an actress herself. Then HWS has always done what he wanted. I am sure, it started before meeting HS. For that, HWS  seems to be stubborn and determined, just like his father. Notice that he got hurt, when he gave her the present. HWS was willing to accept anything in order to get what he wanted. Another example is when HS pushed him away initially so that HWS had to persevere until he achieved his goal... just like his father too. Furthermore, I believe, Ha made a mistake. He underestimated HWS' love for HS. From my point of view, Ha has always been a rather cold-hearted and rational person therefore he doesn't know the power of love. I am wondering why Ha wants HWS to take the law firm. This isn't just about HS' death. Why the urgency?

5. Even if YSO is not into HWS, I do see that YSO has become important to HWS:

- First, he went to meet JW, when she threatened HWS. So far he had always been avoiding her.

- Secondly he didn't use her testimony to protect her

- Third he didn't really scold her, when he caught her on the roof

- Fourth he had made some research about YSO: the couple suicide case, her need to protect her family as he knows the reason behind her actions!!

- Fifth, he didn't leave her alone, he wanted to bring her home. He walked with her.

- Sixth He even took a picture of the taxi (licence plate) to make sure if anything happens to her, he would track down the taxi driver.

- Finally, he looks at her quite tenderly, when he is not watched.

As conclusion, YSO means a lot to HWS, although he is hiding it behind his crude remarks. He has his reasons to make her leave the police station. He definitely knows that YSO has no idea about her husband's misdeeds. He doesn't want to crush her world. 

@USAFarmgirl  @dhakra@nona88 @ross27 @RobinM @Mico Ricco @UnniSarah @Nonglak Koomkamhaeng @gaby81@sava2sava @larus

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

1. First, thanks for the compliment... after receiving so many compliments from you, I am blushing LOL happy white cloud

2. I have got many reasons to think that YH's father is the criminal:

- their resemblance

- the fact that we saw the criminal going to his car,  taking off his mask and right after we have the next scene where YSO meets YH's father.

- then the creepy music

- Furthermore her comment ("you are always off work early") indicates that he has a certain habit (she has noticed his movement) but he is able to move freely in the neighbourhood since he stops working earlier than the others. He is able to steal the underwear, while everyone else is working

- Finally her comment (You're a happy family) is another clue. YSO needs to face the hypocrisie and fakeness... In that matter, YSO is really too blind for that. She has to learn to distinguish between the seem and reality. She made her first mistake with the grandfather (case with the fake buglary). Since the criminal was a teacher and kept saying that he loved his daughter-in-law, she believed him. Just like the friend of the victim, who said that he liked the victim. however, he never stopped the husband from abusing his wife and he was supposed to be a good friend of the victim. After being confronted with the ugly truth, she might ask herself if KHC and his family are treating her like a real family member. So she starts questioning everything...

As conclusion, I want her to solve the case with the underwear thief and killer before she sees JDJ released and discovers what her husband has done behind her back.   

3. Hong and his family could play a major role in stopping Ha from achieving his goal. I also believe that he belongs to an influential and rich family. First it was pointed out very early that he was very young to become a lieutnant. His rank was even superior to HWS's rank. Then the fact that he could change his Unit (instead of Intelligence Department, the Crime Unit) so quickly was another indication. But if Ha uses Woo and the Unit to make HWS leave, I can imagine that Hong could use his connection as well so that Woo is forced to lose his position as superior. Ha has never met another powerful family so far, so he is used to have his ways.

4. I don't think that Ha would have been able to stop HWS from becoming a musical actor. First, HS was an actress herself. Then HWS has always done what he wanted. I am sure, it started before meeting HS. For that, HWS  seems to be stubborn and determined, just like his father. Notice that he got hurt, when he gave her the present. HWS was willing to accept anything in order to get what he wanted. Another example is when HS pushed him away initially so that HWS had to persevere until he achieved his goal... just like his father too. Furthermore, I believe, Ha made a mistake. He underestimated HWS' love for HS. From my point of view, Ha has always been a rather cold-hearted and rational person therefore he doesn't know the power of love. I am wondering why Ha wants HWS to take the law firm. This isn't just about HS' death. Why the urgency?

5. Even if YSO is not into HWS, I do see that YSO has become important to HWS:

- First, he went to meet JW, when she threatened HWS. So far he had always been avoiding her.

- Secondly he didn't use her testimony to protect her

- Third he didn't really scold her, when he caught her on the roof

- Fourth he had made some research about YSO: the couple suicide case, her need to protect her family as he knows the reason behind her actions!!

- Fifth, he didn't leave her alone, he wanted to bring her home. He walked with her.

- Sixth He even took a picture of the taxi (licence plate) to make sure if anything happens to her, he would track down the taxi driver.

- Finally, he looks at her quite tenderly, when he is not watched.

As conclusion, YSO means a lot to HWS, although he is hiding it behind his crude remarks. He has his reasons to make her leave the police station. He definitely knows that YSO has no idea about her husband's misdeeds. He doesn't want to crush her world. 

@USAFarmgirl  @dhakra@nona88 @ross27 @RobinM @Mico Ricco @UnniSarah @Nonglak Koomkamhaeng @gaby81@sava2sava @larus

Great job again, my compliment this early morning.  I don't think YSO isn't into HWS, she is, but she doesn't realise.  She doesn't believe in love so far. HS's analyses are likely to be correct when concern others.  I also love your assumption on Hong's background which brightens my mind. 

@ross27 @Nonglak Koomkamhaeng Thanks for the compliment. cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532

When I wrote that YSO wasn't into HWS, I actually thought that she is not really in love with him, but he has already entered her heart. To me, she is concerned about him and she is grateful towards HWS for saving her, although she acts as if she doesn't aknowledge his gesture. In my opinion, YSO has never thanked HWS for one reason: she doesn't want to be indebted towards him. Notice that when she lost her parents and moved to KHC's family, she was saved by them hence she was very appreciative of their intervention. We all know how she wanted to repay her gratitude: she married KHC. Since she allows KHC and his family to take advantage of her due to the past, I can imagine that YSO doesn't want to be grateful a second time. However, now she has discovered that HWS has a powerful dad and their relationship isn't good so that she might wonder why.

Mystery Queen: Episode 9

by Laica

MysteryQueen09-00309.jpg

Tensions and stakes are high as the many players invested in Jang Do-jang’s case try to outmaneuver each other, and no amount of bromance can distract Wan-seung from the fact that he’s forced to choose between two terrible outcomes. All of that will cease to matter, however, when a new, brutal crime disturbs the recently regained peace of Seol-ok’s neighborhood.

More http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/mystery-queen-episode-9/

Wow, from what I saw after watching episode 10 once again, WS better get his moves on. I am certain Inspector Woo is interested in SO. At this point, SO is way more impressed by Woo than HWS, to @RobinM's chagrin. In his car, Woo specified that no one, not even the chief, gets information about the Baebang-dong Murder, only "his" special unit gets it. Hmmm....isn't the Baebang-dong Murder the one which occurred in Baebang-dong4, the murder of the cheerful girl? I hope there is not another the night before, the victim's co-worker at the clothing store. The culprit did steal her underwear too, a pink one. I, pesonally, didn't think that murder is of national interest, yet, because it is not yet a serial murder. I wonder why a special unit is formed to study that case? If @bebebisous33is correct about Mr.Ha's intention was to get WS chased out of the force and that his money was large enough to get all the equipment and special and famous inspector, it seems quite extravagant. But I do feel it is just that, WS said, "ahbojee, how impressive....jerk." Meaning WS was impressed by the power of his father but still disliked him. So what good would it do if WS gets kicked out of the force, WS still wouldn't work for the Ha and Jung empire.

The quick exchange at the rooftop between Hong and the smoker who watches drama was very interesting. I actually rewinded a few times, they both like to watch "King of Intuition," a drama similar to the one we are watching. The smoker said he was shipping "Wan and Seol" and most of us caught that. But Hong said he was shipping "So and Seol," a different couple. I think the English translation may have been a little off, I think he actually said he was shipping "Oh and Seol." Hong Joon Oh is Officer Hong's name. The fact Hong was not rooting for the Wan and Seol couple means he is rooting for him and SO. A few episode ago, Hong's colleagues watched him sighing in front of the "wanted" bulletin board, reliving all the great moments he had with Ahjamma (the single lady). Hong is totally smitten, his transfer is still not yet official, but he jet over to the special unit. WS is in trouble, his ahjamma is way more popular than he can imagine.

SO was very pensive and regretful that she didn't say thank you to Officer Hong after the latter said thanks and goodbye to her. SO wished that she had thanked him because Hong actually did a lot to raise her self-esteem: Hong recommended her for a special civilian profiler's job and he constantly praised her great deductions in several cases. SO said she didn't even get a chance to buy him a meal. But here is what was important about that scene, SO was worried that if she said thanks to Hong and that might be the last time she would see him and that the goodbye would be permanent. I think we have yet to see that hangup, perhaps she did that to her parents and then she never got to see them again. This is important to me because I want to know why SO didn't thank WS for saving her life twice, is it because of this hangup of hers, I hope so.

4 hours ago, docster6 said:

Wow, from what I saw after watching episode 10 once again, WS better get his moves on. I am certain Inspector Woo is interested in SO. At this point, SO is way more impressed by Woo than HWS, to @RobinM's chagrin. In his car, Woo specified that no one, not even the chief, gets information about the Baebang-dong Murder, only "his" special unit gets it. Hmmm....isn't the Baebang-dong Murder the one which occurred in Baebang-dong4, the murder of the cheerful girl? I hope there is not another the night before, the victim's co-worker at the clothing store. The culprit did steal her underwear too, a pink one. I, pesonally, didn't think that murder is of national interest, yet, because it is not yet a serial murder. I wonder why a special unit is formed to study that case? If @bebebisous33is correct about Mr.Ha's intention was to get WS chased out of the force and that his money was large enough to get all the equipment and special and famous inspector, it seems quite extravagant. But I do feel it is just that, WS said, "ahbojee, how impressive....jerk." Meaning WS was impressed by the power of his father but still disliked him. So what good would it do if WS gets kicked out of the force, WS still wouldn't work for the Ha and Jung empire.

The quick exchange at the rooftop between Hong and the smoker who watches drama was very interesting. I actually rewinded a few times, they both like to watch "King of Intuition," a drama similar to the one we are watching. The smoker said he was shipping "Wan and Seol" and most of us caught that. But Hong said he was shipping "So and Seol," a different couple. I think the English translation may have been a little off, I think he actually said he was shipping "Oh and Seol." Hong Joon Oh is Officer Hong's name. The fact Hong was not rooting for the Wan and Seol couple means he is rooting for him and SO. A few episode ago, Hong's colleagues watched him sighing in front of the "wanted" bulletin board, reliving all the great moments he had with Ahjamma (the single lady). Hong is totally smitten, his transfer is still not yet official, but he jet over to the special unit. WS is in trouble, his ahjamma is way more popular than he can imagine.

SO was very pensive and regretful that she didn't say thank you to Officer Hong after the latter said thanks and goodbye to her. SO wished that she had thanked him because Hong actually did a lot to raise her self-esteem: Hong recommended her for a special civilian profiler's job and he constantly praised her great deductions in several cases. SO said she didn't even get a chance to buy him a meal. But here is what was important about that scene, SO was worried that if she said thanks to Hong and that might be the last time she would see him and that the goodbye would be permanent. I think we have yet to see that hangup, perhaps she did that to her parents and then she never got to see them again. This is important to me because I want to know why SO didn't thank WS for saving her life twice, is it because of this hangup of hers, I hope so.

I foolishly had no idea what they talked on   the rooftop about the drama.  You now lighten my mind.  I believe the writer won't allow them to talk for nothing.  Now I will be back to their conversation on the rooftop again.

I have not been an avid follower of this series, just watched a few earlier episodes and the last one.

It seems strange that she is wandering around sometimes late at night while being a married woman who is supposed to be an unpaid servant - first daughter in law. Someone mentioned that her husband's family treated her badly, she had to cook while they watched TV. That did not seem strange in a KD. All daughters in law in KD had to take care of the house while the daughters did not lift a finger. True in dailies and prime time shows. I find it annoying, but most likely a Korean expectation from their in laws.

I am old fashioned, unless she was coerced into the marriage and the husband had a mistress whom he flaunted to everyone, hanging around WS constantly or Woo or any man meant she was looking for marital trouble. The mother in law took in a girl who would have ended up alone at a young age or maybe in an orphanage. It is something really nice. If WS and SO are going to be a couple eventually, her MIL has to be turned into the murderer of her birth parents or at least an accessory to justify her dumping her current in laws. 

Other then the romantic possibility between the two main characters which puts me off but not many others- from the posts, this show is a nice change from the revenge shows or boy-girl-denying mutual attraction shows. 

Woo seemed interested in SO's education background. If he is such a good 'tec, he will uncover the truth in a few days. I wonder what he will do.

@tmadzik Thanks for posting the preview!!:wub: I am not surprised with YSO's arrest. Inspector Woo has YSO arrested for faking to have a college degree. In my opinion, Woo decided to get rid of her, when YSO was able to prove that she was a better profiler than himself. Notice that she contradicts Woo in the first scene (preview). From the start, he knew that she had never studied. However, I don't think that YSO's resume was her work. Hong applied the job for her and believed that she had a psychology degree. Therefore I can imagine that Hong and HWS will help her. So her crush for Woo will come to an abrupt end!!

It is very exciting from the preview, it appears SO is no longer going to be attached to a house working as a maid. I sensed last week that SO's life will change. Of course, Woo would not take advice from a lowly person, he is pretty stuck up. We will see the difference in quality between the likes of WS and Hong as compared to Woo. With the trajectory of this drama, our OTP will not only take down the powerful bad guys, but the highly rated national detective TV host.

In episode 2, WS told Jang he is better off living in jail because the Japanese Yakusa gang would do much worse to him. Didn't Jang lose $6,000,000 worth of cocaine during his encounter with SO? Why is he walking freely? Maybe Mr.Ha has even tougher gangs? I think Ha and Jung has some association with organized crime.

7 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

preview may-10

Thank you for the preview. 

At the end of the preview I noticed that it says ep11, Thursday, the 11th. Does that mean we don't have an episode on Wednesday because of the election?

As for the preview itself, it somehow suprises me that Inspector Woo works against SO. I think they would get along pretty well. But it#s an oppoturnity for WJ to be the shining knight that saves her somehow.

4 minutes ago, dhakra said:

Thank you for the preview. 

At the end of the preview I noticed that it says ep11, Thursday, the 11th. Does that mean we don't have an episode on Wednesday because of the election?

As for the preview itself, it somehow suprises me that Inspector Woo works against SO. I think they would get along pretty well. But it#s an oppoturnity for WJ to be the shining knight that saves her somehow.

I hope not!!! But I'm thinking that it's referring to when it's uploaded on the YouTube channel, I checked to see if the episodes have been postponed or pushed back but they haven't. Crossing fingers they don't :grimace:

16 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

surprised with YSO's arrest. Inspector Woo has YSO arrested for faking to have a college degree. In my opinion,

I thought that he said she was arrested for divulging confidential information?   In many countries, fake diplomas are illegal but not a criminal offence to buy or own or fudge up a fake diploma. Neither is a fake resume. 

But I was only watching the translation of the preview which could be jumbled up. It may be a crime in Korea.

1 hour ago, gaby81 said:

I hope not!!! But I'm thinking that it's referring to when it's uploaded on the YouTube channel, I checked to see if the episodes have been postponed or pushed back but they haven't. Crossing fingers they don't :grimace:

Ah okay. sounds good. Phew....I was afraid that we only get one episode this week.

Mystery Queen: Episode 10

by festerfaster

MQ10-00137.jpg

The case of the week is close to the hearts of each of our main characters. While some were engaged in solving bigger crimes, an innocent amongst them was harmed. For Wan-seung, the passing of a bright young soul is a reminder that every case deserves his full attention. For Joon-oh and Seol-ok, it’s a call to walk the path they were always meant to. But just as all our investigators begin to gather under the same roof, a new character walks into their lives to make things a tad bit more interesting.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/mystery-queen-episode-10/

Archived