[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

5 minutes ago, Amber Byul said:

i think i'll blame this on tVn...they did the same thing for Signal. i was happy and restless at the same time. plus there was a bittersweet melancholy in the ending.

also...i think KS won't stop being a Tokkaebi. i hope i'm wrong. but if i'm right then he'll be with ET all four of her lifetimes. i;ll just hope that.

i start to questioning why deity in there are so cruel? in the end KS is the one who always have a long waiting after ET life time is end. what a crime he commit actually? why his life is that sad. 

no wonder GY feel gloomy and lonely in his last message video, his character life is so lonely and sad. i feel that way too...

• Like 8

I don't know if it is just me but come on is it fair for Kim Shin to remain a Goblin when he always wanted to get rid of his immortality? Having to go through deaths of his loved ones again and agin and painstakingly wait for his wife to reincarnate. There is no Gr and Deok Hwa with him too. Will he forever live on with this eternity with those painful memories. Not done.come on i really expected better this time. Why don't i learn: (

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

basically she reincarnated as eun tak again,dunno why she became 19 years old,the scenes totally like eps 2 when she blooming the flower petal.and i want to know how she can go to canada ?????

is happy ending,yes,roller coaster yes,bassically there no eun tak about 30 minutes after she died

dunno about special eps,but im kinda flat here

Wow really? I should have skipped coming here lol, now I feel like not watching the last two ep all in all.

• Like 3

Kim shin is immortal and it will repetition all history..I think the ending follow my love from the star..Manager do is immortal and bride will be old and died.

I love the ending more than scarlet and other drama.Yes its open ending actually...writer make this ending it show will same thing to be happen although many years..

Dont forget the title is goblin..great and lonely..its reward and punishment...

• Like 6

In denial. I will pretend everything ends at their wedding. 

I don't hate the ending because I understand it had to happen but I just feel flat. 

So now we know that the ending was already filmed (unless they used very good CGI to recreate the Quebec cemetery) 

For the last 30 minutes of episode 16 I just wanted to reach out and hug Shin. He was so alone. :cold_sweat:

• Like 15

ET really comeback, she also still remembers goblin. But, just like that? They meet and END??

okay, we got the wedding and happy scene before. but still why I don't feel happy with the ending? because I had too much crying?

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Suggested by a friend. Who was ranting right NOW in my chatgroup. Lets all just pretend Kim Shin and Eun Tak ended at the wedding. Yes. This is like CITT all over again. 

There are so many thousand ways it could have ended. God could have intervene. But nope. In the end... Poor Kim Shin has to suffer. What did he do to warrant such fate? 

IKR?? I thought he was forgiven. Then what's with the ending?? Writer-nim probably left her heart (&brains in the buckweath field). I feel worst after watching the ending.  Sorry GY, I love your acting, but the writer just destroyed your ending AGAIN. sigh.

• Like 9

Now I'm not sure if I will watch KES's next work in the future, the ending, just feel empty, after all those 15 episodes, and we get less than 5 min epilogue? When Kim Shin still stay immortal and Euntak still a human? Is this a happy ending? Pooor Kim Shin :(:( . As much as I loveeeeeee Gongyoo and Kim Goeun, now because of the ending, I'm not sure if I should order the director's cut or not. Sure there will be the unseen scene, but they're just too mean :( why they cut the kissing scene?? Ah my heart...... :(:(:( I will keep being sad for a long period of time because of this.

• Like 16

not feeling to sad but not happy either,at least they have 10 minutes conversation and end,seems like kinda rushed,just 2 days before they ended shooting,but that ending scenes are in canada,which mean back then in oct-nov 2016.

4 minutes ago, soultree said:

So this is a cycle , they will be together endlessly, she dies, she comes back, they said four lives , they will be in love forever that's the destin of the dokkaebi shinbu 

yeah i kinda liked that theory,kim shin will be immortal forever,dunno if became curse now ,because part of his curse is seeing his people that he loved died (eun tak,wang yeo,sunny).

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ceressi said:

The ending is.. humm.. welll... IT'S MY TYPE.. but strangely i felt unsatisfied.. i don't know.. i feel empty.. something is missing but i dont know what...

It's exactly what I'm feeling as well. I don't hate this kind of ending, it is good, but something's just missing.. 

• Like 7

I'm still not satisfied with the endinggg :tears:

but to come think of it, it is stated in the tittle all along.... the great and lonely God. :tears: 

if it's like this, KS supposed to be moving on when he's in the limbo so he can reincarnate as a mortal and spend a happy lifetime with ET just like our wangsung couple.  It's just.... not fair. Poor uri dokkebi. :bawling:

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, hinotori93 said:

That was what I was thinking. The Dokkaebi should have been given the opportunity to return to a mortal life and grow old with his bride. As it stands he will be like a bridegroom eternally waiting. It feels like he's still being punished although he probably wouldn't think of it that way since he always gets to meet his bride.

I'm just going to pretend that ET came back as a goblin, otherwise how did she come to canada again? Shin did not accompany her this time right? So, this is her being coming back as an immortal too...:S :'(. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Suggested by a friend. Who was ranting right NOW in my chatgroup. Lets all just pretend Kim Shin and Eun Tak ended at the wedding. Yes. This is like CITT all over again. 

There are so many thousand ways it could have ended. God could have intervene. But nope. In the end... Poor Kim Shin has to suffer. What did he do to warrant such fate? 

indeed.. it:s CITT again.. damn it

• Like 7

I just don't get it why they have to kill ET and get reincarnated again... Well, it's just a cycle again. She'll die, he watches her die, and wait for another richard simmons year to be back with her again. Okay, I just felt empty and kinda incomplete with the ending. Anyway, kudos to the writer! I hope she provides us with answers in the special eps next week. Heol, I'll just think that episode 15 is the ending for this drama. 

I think I have to go hiatus for now. The ending, rather the drama just killed me and my feels.. 

Thank you all chingus for a wonderful journey. I just want you all to know that... 

Every moment I spent/lurked here in this thread shined... :)

tumblr_inline_ohrplekGr41qidxum_500.gif

• Like 11